Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me (36210 Views)

"If My Man Cheats On Me While I'm Pregnant, I'll Kill Him And The Baby" - Lady / Praise Sam Ogan: "I Won’t Dump My Man Because He Can’t Satisfy Me In Bed" / I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by bellassimo: 4:39am On Feb 27, 2016
I met a man online 5 weeks ago.As with online relationships, I withheld info and told him the age I have on my id and not my real age.I never expected the relationship to go anywhere, but we fell in love quickly we are even planning marriage. He has found out the truth about my age and is taking it badly.he compares me to his ex who he claims is a great liar and had refused to forgive me.He is doubting everything I ever told him about me and is ignoring me.I have apologized and explained to no avail.we are meeting for the first time next weekend, but he has changed totally. He ignores my calls and msgs and I can't eat or sleep. I love this man and want to be with him.I'd it fair that he has refused to accept my explanation? Its not as if I just picked the age from the air, its the age in my ids.how do I remedy this situation? Do I keep begging him? He doesn't even read msgs.this is his first on line relationship ( to the best of my knowledge) but this is not my first online relationship and I was just being cautious cos I have had my fingers burnt online before. What do i do? I am confused.He is a 43 yr old divorcee with 3 teenagers.I am turning 35 this yr( i don't look it though) i told him i was 32 yrs old.I need advice before I go crazy.why is this age issue such a big thing for him.has he got another woman? I am confused
We live in different places but I plan on going to see him next week .I am confused right now.Help!
P:s- it wasn't a random connection online, a mutual friend linked us up because he wants to settle down and I also want to settle down.She decided to connect both of us.We are going to meet and date face to face for sometime before getting married.
I am not desperate even at this age.I have had my fair share of heartbreaks. God makes everything beautiful in his time.this is not about the marriage, its about clearing my name first.Most people living outside Naija have "football" ages on their passports and other ids.I am not trying to justify myself but he found out the truth from me.I could have kept on lying if I really wanted to but seeing how serious we have become, I owned up when he asked.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 27, 2016
A divorcee is not someone that trusts easily again...CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST PLAYED YOURSELF.

OP move on though I wonder why you are still single at 35(Not Judging angry)

If you still decide to meet,show him your "wife materials"...cook for him, wash his boxers and please suck his divk if there's any indication he wants some

And lastly, You met him 5 weeks ago and you in love?(WTF?!)...You are infatuated or In lust but better still you desperate

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 27, 2016
fell in live

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by todayguest(m): 4:56am On Feb 27, 2016
I personally don't know why most girls are in the habit of giving out fake ages on social media. For your man, it will be difficult to convince him now. He's one of those men, who believes that, a small lie is as bad as a big one, and that, to cover up a lie, you need more lies. Honestly, if he refuses to forgive, pls move on.

30 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by ayoolataiwo(m): 5:01am On Feb 27, 2016
Dat d cost u gonna pay for insincerity,beg him nd let him know 4 lieing in d first place nd neva lie to him abt urself nd wat he ve to know abt u.If he forgive fine bt if he didnt jst let go...u guys re nt meant to be....my take.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by bellassimo: 5:01am On Feb 27, 2016
Excuse my typos.its actually my first time posting.I have corrected the mistakes though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Vanquay:

If you still decide to meet,show him your "wife materials"...cook for him, wash his boxers and please suck his divk if there's any indication he wants some
WORD!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Joshchi(m): 5:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Desperation is all I see. I guess you've been telling that lie for a long time, so you didn't expect it to catch up with you.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 27, 2016
Too bad of you.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Creamish(f): 6:53am On Feb 27, 2016
todayguest:
I personally don't know why most girls are in the habit of giving out fake ages on social media. For your man, it will be difficult to convince him now. He's one of those men, who believes that, a small lie is as bad as a big one, and that, to cover up a lie, you need more lies. Honestly, if he refuses to forgive, pls move on.

Ditto..

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Mjshexy(f): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2016
This is always the problem in relationships, when u start with lies, u may need to keep telling lies for it to work. When a man with good intentions comes & he discovers u are fake, it will only take God's grace for him to give another chance, talkless of an experienced man for that matter. When u found out u were so inlove with him, u should have opened up to him ursef & tell him the whole truth about ursef. If u truly want him then pls press on & let him see hw determined u are, it's well

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Lexusgs430: 6:58am On Feb 27, 2016
You meet him 5 weeks ago(online) and planning marriage, with someone you have not seen physically?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by kimnicki(f): 7:01am On Feb 27, 2016
five weeks ago,youve not even met him nd you already planning to marry him issorai

how old did you tell him you are? 25?? cuz the lie must have been too much for him not to trust your words again

5 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by daveson07: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2016
U fall in love for a five week reltshp without eye contact or physical appearance,,is it only me or am hearing tinx? Oh gosh!

Girls can be desperate menh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Lexusgs430: 7:04am On Feb 27, 2016
A divorcee also planning marriage after only 5 weeks meeting online?
I wonder why his marriage failed and if he is actually divorced!!!

12 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Damitism: 7:17am On Feb 27, 2016
I hate girls that lie about their age. Nonsense! Do you think he won't know later?
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Youngpo413: 7:17am On Feb 27, 2016
For a lady to reach 30yrs without getting married is a clear indication that she is not a wife material,talkless of 35,before that age most will have numerous Ex boyfriends so if any of the uncountable Ex'es can't wife u,na your fault.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by ednut1(m): 7:30am On Feb 27, 2016
u wud do same. ur asking y is age such an issue if it wasnt u for no lie na

5 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by kidman96(m): 7:39am On Feb 27, 2016
bellassimo:
I met a man online 5 weeks ago.As with online relationships, I withheld info and told him the age I have on my id and not my real age.I never expected to relationship to go anywhere, but I fell in love with him quickly.we are even planning marriage. He has found out the truth about my age and is taking it badly.he compares me to his ex who he claims is a great liar and had refused to forgive me.He is doubting everything I ever told him about me and is ignoring me.I have apologized and explained to no avail.we are meeting for the first time next weekend, but he has changed totally. He ignores my calls and msgs and I can't eat or sleep. I love this man and want to be with him.I'd it fair that he has refused to accept my explanation? Its not as if I just picked the age from the air, its the age in my ids.how do I remedy this situation? Do I keep begging him? He doesn't even read msgs.this is his first on line relationship ( to the best of my knowledge) but this is not my first online relationship and I was just being cautious cos I have had my fingers burnt online before. What do i do? I am confused.He is a 43 yr old divorcee with 3 teenagers.I am turning 35 this yr( i don't look it though) I need advice before I go crazy.why is this age issue such a big thing for him.has he got another woman? I am confused
We live in different places but I plan on going to see him next week .I am confused right now.Help!

Stop trying too hard... Start accepting the fact that you could lose him and start preparing for ur future without him. If he notices his cold shoulder isn't eating you up, he will call you and even apologise.

But you really really need to stop begging because you are diminishing your integrity and dignity and trust me, its a turn off for men and men lose interest in ladies this way. So if you want to stand a chance of him coming back, stop begging and calling him.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Babacele: 7:42am On Feb 27, 2016
hmmmm Bella ,sorry I can feel your pain. Your story is very clear . Only God can judge you ,so don't listen to any negative reactions from folks who don't know you and your previous experiences.

Yea your bf is bitter n it s understandable cos he had been bitten before meeting you. Absolutely I can tell you that it is not easy to deal with an insecured mate from a distance especially when doubts n fear is mixed.

It seems it isnt clear if he would still meet you as he isn't picking calls nor replying messages. But don't you worry.

Can you do the following:
1. Pray briefly that if it he s man for you, despite your sins which He has forgiven , may everything works fine.
2. Try to forgive yourself. it is important cos it helps to up your positive energies which will enhance your attracting positive things. know that no one but God is perfect ,so we all have flaws.

3. Imagine you n him together smiling ,happy n sharing love.

4. send him a text condemning yourself. like: "Baby I was stupid n fraudulent to have used that age. I don't know how to explain this mistake but if I were you, I would find it difficult to trust such a woman. I'm so sorry for the pains I have caused you, for betraying yr
trust . I m NOT doing this because of marriage but i feel I shouldn't be a source of pain to anyone. Regards." or whatever comes to your heart.

5. Try to forgive others too. n henceforth just b sincere with yourself.

6. Give thanks for a prayer answered n just be in your best mood. Whatever happens, just be calm. The above isn't a religious ritual but an exercise that is proven.
May your Rene Angelil come to you ,amen.

23 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by fidek(m): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2016
tell him you are sorry and stop talKing to him
bellassimo:
I met a man online 5 weeks ago.As with online relationships, I withheld info and told him the age I have on my id and not my real age.I never expected to relationship to go anywhere, but I fell in love with him quickly.we are even planning marriage. He has found out the truth about my age and is taking it badly.he compares me to his ex who he claims is a great liar and had refused to forgive me.He is doubting everything I ever told him about me and is ignoring me.I have apologized and explained to no avail.we are meeting for the first time next weekend, but he has changed totally. He ignores my calls and msgs and I can't eat or sleep. I love this man and want to be with him.I'd it fair that he has refused to accept my explanation? Its not as if I just picked the age from the air, its the age in my ids.how do I remedy this situation? Do I keep begging him? He doesn't even read msgs.this is his first on line relationship ( to the best of my knowledge) but this is not my first online relationship and I was just being cautious cos I have had my fingers burnt online before. What do i do? I am confused.He is a 43 yr old divorcee with 3 teenagers.I am turning 35 this yr( i don't look it though) I need advice before I go crazy.why is this age issue such a big thing for him.has he got another woman? I am confused
tell him you are sorry and stop talKing to him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by SexyStrawberry(f): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2016
OP u better move on, to start with, ur not in love, ur in lust, secondly he's a divorcee, he obviously have trust issues and he's an extremist from what U've just said, plz let him go and stop acting desperate, look around u, Mr. Right might just be around the corner.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 27, 2016
The best way to get rid of someone is to catch them in a lie. That way u get to dump their *** and not feel guilty.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by CaroLyner(f): 8:08am On Feb 27, 2016
you met someone one month ago on the internet and you're already planning marriage? is this a joke or something.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by CaroLyner(f): 8:13am On Feb 27, 2016
seems like you're desperate for marriage cause you're 35.thats why you seem to think you're in love with this guy.all i see is desperation.
If by chance he forgives you for lying, i'll advice you see him physically first before thinking of marriage.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by matrix199(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2016
The age isn't the reason why he's mad at you. The lie is! He's apprehensive of ladies, particularly ladies on social media. He assumed if you could lie about your age, you could also lie about other things.

My advice is, send him a detailed explanation why you lied about your age, and offer your unreserved apology. If he doesn't accept it, let him be. This would be an acid test. A man who can't forgive, can't love!

7 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by matrix199(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2016
CaroLyner:
seems like you're desperate for marriage cause you're 35.thats why you seem to think you're in love with this guy.all i see is desperation.
If by chance he forgives you for lying, i'll advice you see him physically first before thinking of marriage.

What qualifies her as desperate? The fact she fell for someone she met online? Or the fact she seems to want to align the relationship to the path of nuptial tie?

She isn't desperate. She's just remorseful, and expectant.

Listen to this track,,'start of something good', "u never know when u're goin to meet someone and ur whole wide world comes undone....". Love can be initiated anywhere, any avenue.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Kondomatic(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2016
kimnicki:
five weeks ago,youve not even met him nd you already planning to marry him issorai

how old did you tell him you are? 25?? cuz the lie must have been too much for him not to trust your words again
Two things could be responsible for the guys actions.

There are people that just hate lies and liars because they have been lied to by someone they trusted, now imagine being this type of person and trying to restart all over after what happened between you and a professional liar only to discover along the line that the foundation of the relationship was laid on lies?

It is impossible to continue.

Secondly, it could be that the guy wants someone in a certain age bracket which the OP's real age has crossed.

It is also impossible to continue.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2016
matrix199:
The age isn't the reason why he's mad at you. The lie is! He's apprehensive of ladies, particularly ladies on social media. He assumed if you could lie about your age, you could also lie about other things.

My advice is, send him a detailed explanation why you lied about your age, and offer your unreserved apology. If he doesn't accept it, let him be. This would be an acid test. A man who can't forgive, can't love!

I disagree with you. In most cases, the notion is that what you are doing before you get married would not stop
You also need lies to cover up just one lie
Me I do not blame the guy sha

2 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by bellassimo: 8:50am On Feb 27, 2016
Thank you Matrix.Thanks everyone.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by bellassimo: 8:50am On Feb 27, 2016
Hi Jay Johnson. I have not told another lie to cover the age "untruth". I accepted and confirmed the new age to him when he went on about it.I also apologized.I don't live in Nigeria otherwise we would have met immediately we started.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Mimido2(f): 8:55am On Feb 27, 2016
bellassimo:
I met a man online 5 weeks ago.As with online relationships, I withheld info and told him the age I have on my id and not my real age.I never expected to relationship to go anywhere, but I fell in love with him quickly.we are even planning marriage. He has found out the truth about my age and is taking it badly.he compares me to his ex who he claims is a great liar and had refused to forgive me.He is doubting everything I ever told him about me and is ignoring me.I have apologized and explained to no avail.we are meeting for the first time next weekend, but he has changed totally. He ignores my calls and msgs and I can't eat or sleep. I love this man and want to be with him.I'd it fair that he has refused to accept my explanation? Its not as if I just picked the age from the air, its the age in my ids.how do I remedy this situation? Do I keep begging him? He doesn't even read msgs.this is his first on line relationship ( to the best of my knowledge) but this is not my first online relationship and I was just being cautious cos I have had my fingers burnt online before. What do i do? I am confused.He is a 43 yr old divorcee with 3 teenagers.I am turning 35 this yr( i don't look it though) i told him i was 32 yrs old.I need advice before I go crazy.why is this age issue such a big thing for him.has he got another woman? I am confused
P:s- it wasn't a random connection online, a mutual friend linked us up because he wants to settle down and I also want to settle down.She decided to connect both of us.We are going to meet and date face to face for sometime before getting married.
my dear he does not love u....he is just using d "lying issue" to get rid of u. Just forget about him.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ijaw Couple Fishing In A River With Net And Canoe In Pre-Wedding Photos / I'm 30yrs Male In Love With A 19yrs Old / The Faces Of Nigerian Gays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.