Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation (29326 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
The OP started a good thread with GOOD points BUT the comments in this thread are disturbing...,Is This the Mind of the Average IGBO MAN?? undecided undecided undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by DelGardo: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
PRXPERT:
young man! what can you use as yardstick to measure who is clannish or not in nigeria... I know pretty well that igbos in nigeria are mostly multilingual than any tribe!!

I was addressing the issue of herd mentality not clannishness. I agree we are more liberal.

I also agree that they blend into their environment (so we also end up with loads of Igbo children that can't speak the language and other such cons for the pros). But majority supported GEJ even though we gained diddly squat from his government. That's herd mentality right there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by DelGardo: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Marcelini:

Ignorant comment. GEJ is neither an Igbo man nor from the SE. Our support for him couldn't have been clannish, as he is not from an Igbo clan, instead it's a hallmark of Igbo tolerance and liberalism, sticking out our neck for a non Igbo, whose people once betrayed us.

I don't care why you supported failure.

Just to inform you that the Yorubas and other ethnic groups that voted Buhari cannot be accused of clanishness since a significant number also voted Goodluck. Also a larger number voted for Buhari, who is Fulani.

The difference is that a good number also voted GEJ while nearly all Igbos voted against Buhari. So who is more liberal?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Marcelini(m): 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
DelGardo:

I don't care why you supported failure.

Just to inform you that the Yorubas and other ethnic groups that voted Buhari cannot be accused of clanishness since a significant number also voted Goodluck. Also a larger number voted for Buhari, who is Fulani.

The difference is that a good number also voted GEJ while nearly all Igbos voted against Buhari. So who is more liberal?

The Buhari/ Osibanjo ticket sold in SW because of Osibanjo factor, it was clannish.

The Yorubas secretly believe that Osibanjo would become the president once old age catches up with Buhari.

Lol, you just can't make up your mind, can you? GEJ is not Igbo and his VP is not Igbo, our voting for him represents liberalism on our part, as you pointed out GEJ presidency yielded no special benefits for Ndiigbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by DelGardo: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
plaetton:

Wrong on that score sir.

First, Jonathan did not score 100% of votes in any Igbo state.

Secondly, people in southeast are impervious to brainwashing. So there was no way to convince them that a colorless( just being polite) and pretentious character like Buhari would ever do anything beneficial for the Nigerian state.

Their vote can be seen as against the everything that Buhari represented, when you strip away the propaganda.

And to prove my point, towards the tail end of the last election campaign, I had bought in the change mantra and propaganda myself.

I see you point. But recent experience has shown that Igbos are as easy to brainwash as the maligned almajiris. Just take a look at how they bought the Nnamdi Kalu and IPOB message.

The great people of the east are now led by characters like that. And we have people like T Orji representing our interests in Abuja and con men like Rochas and Ifeanyi Uba leading our thoughts. you will agree that that is a step back from Zik, Nzeogwu, Okpara and co.

So where is the firmament of this our grandstanding, that you put so well in your above post?

The truth is that the rest of the country is looking forward and we are soooo going backwards, mentality and leadership wise.

12 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by naijaking1: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

When a man that claims that he is man of God does something bad we should not judge

The grace has departed

Nwanne jiri Uche gi na eme Ife

Automatic internet based translator service doesn't make an Igbo.
Pretending to be Igbo or a Christian shows how sinister your motives are, and you don't fool nobody pal. You're a sick tribal gingoistic troll with your brain set on the word "Igbo"

3 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
naijaking1:

Automatic internet based translator service doesn't make an Igbo.
Pretending to be Igbo or a Christian shows how sinister your motives are, and you don't fool nobody pal. You're a sick tribal gingoistic troll with your brain set on the word "Igbo"

You are the first person that is saying that I a. Not an igbo

Mana ka anyi were na Ife obuna Tara anyi na abani bu anwunta ....so you can't even differentiate between Google igbo and real igbo

Ha siri na agwa omala ..omalu..agwa ofeke dika gi...ifebe isi na ofia

I am anambra dude ...mumsy is aguata, pops nnewi so mind you I am of a purer stock

So where are you

Well I won't blame you

Enwere igbo
Nwekwa ibo
Bia nwesie igbo bu igbo

I know that you can't be igbo bu igbo

I don't wanna be harsh ...u would have said kitikpa gbarie gi isi

Mana ka odiba ....esim uka

This is the first time atulu GA aju maka igbo..hmmmm madu ka Ana aria .

Di anyi chuba ndi na achu gi

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Armaggedon: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

That's why as an igbo man ..I will not condone it...let leave how Yoruba do their s
so u believe that nigerian justice system should not treat everybody equally?

Seriously?

King burnt his member -crime

tb joshua negligence killed 85 member of his church-crime

king is sentenced to death, joshua has not appeared in court talk more of sentencing and is still operating his church

both should be punished thats all!

If you cant analyse situations well, kept silent and dont abuse pple who do

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by plaetton: 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
DelGardo:

I see you point. But recent experience has shown that Igbos are as easy to brainwash as the maligned almajiris. Just take a look at how they bought the Nnamdi Kalu and IPOB message.

The great people of the east are now led by characters like that. And we have people like T Orji representing our interests in Abuja and con men like Rochas and Ifeanyi Uba leading our thoughts. you will agree that that is a step back from Zik, Nzeogwu, Okpara and co.

So where is the firmament of this our grandstanding, that you put so well in your above post?

The truth is that the rest of the country is looking forward and we are soooo going backwards, mentality and leadership wise.

I absolutely agree that there is a leadership vacuum in the East.

But let me reiterate that there is a mistaken perception that characters in the public limelight bearing Igbo names represent the voices, ideals and interests of Igbos.
Nothing can be further from the truth if you know the dynamic and republican nature of the Igbo mind.

Okorocha, T Orji, Ifeanyi Uba , etc do not speak or represent the Igbos in shape or form.

However, on Nnamdi Kanu, I differ slightly.
Though, majority of Igbos would condemn his methodology, the Cry for justice, inclusion , equality and respect within the federal structure of Nigeria is a genuine Cry that every Igbo person cries , perhaps not as loudly, angrily and obnoxiously as Nnamdi Kanu and his youthful followers.

In other words, while Nnamdi Kanu's philosophy and method does not represent the wide sphere of Igbo thought and attitudes, the underpinning resentment for a lopsided and unfair federal structure, though tepid, runs through all Igbo consciousness.

His detention, and subsequent treatments, the shooting of unarmed protesters, does more to legitimize his voice than he himself would have ever accomplished.

5 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:
so u believe that nigerian justice system should not treat everybody equally?

Seriously?

King burnt his member -crime

tb joshua negligence killed 85 member of his church-crime

king is sentenced to death, joshua has not appeared in court talk more of sentencing and is still operating his church

both should be punished thats all!

If you cant analyse situations well, kept silent and dont abuse pple who do

I hate tribal connotation to logical things Joshua case is still in court and Kings case has been concluded

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by naijaking1: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

You are the first person that is saying that I a. Not an igbo

Mana ka anyi were na Ife obuna Tara anyi na abani bu anwunta ....so you can't even differentiate between Google igbo and real igbo

Ha siri na agwa omala ..omalu..agwa ofeke dika gi...ifebe isi na ofia

I am anambra dude ...mumsy is aguata, pops nnewi so mind you I am of a purer stock

So where are you

Well I won't blame you

Enwere igbo
Nwekwa ibo
Bia nwesie igbo bu igbo

I know that you can't be igbo bu igbo

I don't wanna be harsh ...u would have said kitikpa gbarie gi isi

Mana ka odiba ....esim uka

This is the first time atulu GA aju maka igbo..hmmmm madu ka Ana aria .

Di anyi chuba ndi na achu gi

This is the same thing you posted under a different handle:
https://www.nairaland.com/2961169/nnamdi-kanu-rev-kings-case

Unlike your own post , mutaclarro is a vowed Igbo antagonist, and he's proudly so, but you my friend is not Igbo. No matter how much Igbo translated(most misplaced) phrases you are able to paste on your write up.

I were nka irie m ego, ewekwana nke a!
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by naijaking1: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

I hate tribal connotation to logical things Joshua case is still in court and Kings case has been concluded

You would have done better getting off your tribal cloak to discuss death penalty, political victimization, or even criminal embezzlement of public funds. These are hot and current social issues globally, and it doesn't have to Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa. But, I know you Yorubas want to make it look like Igbos are mostly affected, so that you can feel better?

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by janengozi(f): 2:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

am sure those people he have killed did not relate to you in any way. A killer can never be a prophwt of God.

5 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
plaetton:

My friend, why is it a feel good drug, a fix for you never-do-wells to insult Igbo people at every slightest opportunity?
Has an Igbo man also stolen your lunch?

What does Rev King have to do with me or every other Igbo in the world ?
Why must you insult me and my people over rev King?
Is he the king of the Igbos?

Are you so pretty minded, so intellectually bereft that you cannot make the distinction between some people who are exercising free speech, and the entire people of ignoland?

That some misguided people with Igbo names are asking for his release is not in any way tantamount to the millions of Igbos being in the same delusional state.

Anyone who knows anything at all about Igbos is that we don't think or act in herds. We are not clannish, and are probably the most diverse and dynamic in terms of worldviews.

The Nigerian prison population is equally representative of the Nigerian ethnic diversity.
there's no difference between Rev King and any other igbo man. Your plan is to cause division in this country but you have failed and will continue failing. Igbos are the same anywhere. Give them an inch they'll take a mile.

8 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by christopher123(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
naijaking1:

You would have done better getting off your tribal cloak to discuss death penalty, political victimization, or even criminal embezzlement of public funds. These are hot and current social issues globally, and it doesn't have to Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa. But, I know you Yorubas want to make it look like Igbos are mostly affected, so that you can feel better?

Bia..isi odikwa gi mma? Uche gi di ya....kedu Ife na eme unu....onye gwara gi na abum onye ofe mmanu ....

Okwere ka osi eme si na umunna ya bu ndi ori
Ochoro mgbafu siri na aluo ya Anya

Abum onye nnewi muo nwadi na aguata na anambra

This ain't Google translation but pure central anambra

Gbado Anya .....Nwa mkpi

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by tayooluwole: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

When a man that claims that he is man of God does something bad we should not judge

The grace has departed

Nwanne jiri Uche gi na eme Ife

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by tayooluwole: 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

We should also not judge BOKO haram cos we are not God. They should be left for God to judge...

6 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Chigold101(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

Maybe you should tell me their fathers

Rev King is a Pentecostal Church dude
Rev King‘s organisation Christian Praying Assembly (CPA) is a praying band just like Practical Praying Band (Madam Nwokolo) where he break out from. It is not coat or speaking in “tongue“ that makes one a penticostal.

There are five BLOCKS in CAN

1-CSN (CATHOLIC)
2-CCN (PROTESTANTS)
3-PFN (PENTECOSTALS)
4-OAIC (SPIRITUAL CHURCHES)
5-ECWA/TEKAN
& CPA belongs to OAIC.

What u dont know keep shut or ask questions from people that know.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by olivephyssiyor: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:
op u are not very correct. Infact u are not being fair to Igbos.

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

pastor Awuzia of zoe ministry was also accussed also

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

summary: igbos expose their criminal pastors, yolobas cover and worship thiers

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity
mumu talk

4 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze
This very quote is one of the biggest problems we have in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by plaetton: 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:
there's no difference between Rev King and any other igbo man. Your plan is to cause division in this country but you have failed and will continue failing. Igbos are the same anywhere. Give them an inch they'll take a mile.

Your inferiority complex betrays you.

By simple psycho-analysis of your rabid anti-Igbo complex here on Nairaland, I suspect, and you very much sound like an abandoned illegitimate child, who thinks his runaway father was an Igbo man, hence the deep resentment of all Igbos.

Sad sad. undecided

Sorry lad, go and look for your father somewhere else.

Igbo men don't abandon their children, legitimate or illegitimate.

4 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by wristbangle: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:
op u are not very correct. Infact u are not being fair to Igbos.

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

pastor Awuzia of zoe ministry was also accussed also

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

summary: igbos expose their criminal pastors, yolobas cover and worship thiers

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity

Don't u have an iota of shame bro?. Honestly tribalism has damage your instinct. Who told u that if a yoruba pastor is found guilty in the law, he won't be dealt with.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by danot1030: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Tripleclick(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
ANYTHING IGBO HITS FIRST PAGE ON NAIRALAND

GOD PUNISH ANYBODY THAT DARE CALL OUT N IGBOS ON NAIRALAND. LEAVE US ALONE!!!! YOLOBAS LEAVE US ALONE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by uncjay(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze

You must be sick and high on some Aba weed.....how dare you say the government should let go for God! This is men's world and our communities have conventional and traditional laws that governs it... If anyone bridged the law must face the law violently...beside even Jesus himself ask his followers to obey those in authority.

The government have given their verdict and it must stand. Wish it was you or family member that king victimized, then I'd know what's your stand. Mofo!

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Spybradd: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
EdCure:

Honestly. They don't seem to understand simple English nor abide by conventional ethics.
They are stuck in the bubble of igbohood (and whatever silliness it represents).

mouthfoaming 101
grin
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by pastormellanby: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
leave them let me go and commit crimes in malaysia, by the time you are caught, ure already dead before mentioning your tribe, tribal sentiments, enemies of progress, if you are caught stealing common bread for market they will lynch you but when it comes to the truth, tribal sentiments will start coming in.

8 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by lereinter(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

On what happened to the family of the people he killed or roasted ....

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

Rev King should do the time cos he did the crime ...simple

Since the aftermath of the 2015 elections igbos ve lost their sense of reasoning.
They will need more than deliverance to regain it

6 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by banmee(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze

Since we are stupidly quoting the bible, then i will quote mine. The bible also said, "an eye for an eye". Abi i lie?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by crixlight2(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Did the people he burnt complain to you? they accepted it and God knows why it happened,

God is Great

they should leave the man of God alone
so if it was your sister you will keep mute and leave it to God or what? I don't pray for it to happen to you ooo
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
plaetton:

Your inferiority complex betrays you.

By simple psycho-analysis of your rabid anti-Igbo complex here on Nairaland, I suspect, and you very much sound like an abandoned illegitimate child, who thinks his runaway father was an Igbo man, hence the deep resentment of all Igbos.

Sad sad. undecided

Sorry lad, go and look for your father somewhere else.

Igbo men don't abandon their children, legitimate or illegitimate.
the same inferiority complex that makes you to lie that you came from israel? Igbos are the problem with nigeria. See this mumu. Nobody takes you guys seriously. You're empty vessels and bloody chest beaters. Thank God my father is not igbo. My life would have been very miserable as yours and that of your fellow tribesmen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.