Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation (29328 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Pque(m): 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:
op u are not very correct. Infact u are not being fair to Igbos.

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

pastor Awuzia of zoe ministry was also accussed also

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

summary: igbos expose their criminal pastors, yolobas cover and worship thiers

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity

Guy, u need a thorough spanking on your buttocks to reset your brain.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by texazzpete(m): 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

Pray that God does not punish you for wasting your parents money. All the money put towards your education and you can still reason like a fish.

I judge you for your own expressed daftness...afterall, the Bible says "By their fruits, we shall know them". You have just produced m0r0nic fruit.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by kutchs: 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sometimes in our bid to sound 'open and frank' and please whoever, we end up creating more tension than we are trying to reduce.
The OP may be right with his intention but he fails to separate King's followers from Ndigbo. While those followers are wrong to call for the release of a man who committed a very heinous crime, insulting the entire Igbo nation on account of that is very wrong. There are millions of Igbo who don't even know the guy, millions still who do not share in his beliefs and have no attachment to him so it's wrong to lump all Igbo in the mess of a few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by cocu25(m): 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

On what happened to the family of the people he killed or roasted ....

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

Rev King should do the time cos he did the crime ...simple
To whom brain is given, sense is required. Think of something better to post next time
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by kay29000(m): 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
lereinter:

Since the aftermath of the 2015 elections igbos ve lost their sense of reasoning.
They will need more than deliverance to regain it

I SWEAR!!!
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by vickylala239: 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

I ask maself Why is this man still alive after supreme court judgement... Why have they not sign the death warrant since...Wat is really holding them...

Wat kind of country is this..supreme court has given judgement. How many minutes does it take a governor to Jst sign a single paper...

If governor had sign since..we culd Hv Nt been hearing ignore this and that...he shuld Jst sign for goodness sake..so that we move to another story and forget himm

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
I am an Igbo man I want to be the one that will hang him. He is an idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Ebukaokeke5: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
[quote author=Pharaoh9 post=43301950]God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze[/quot]Nigeria is a legal society,nobody is higher dan its constitution.The jury said he'd die by hanging,so be it.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by uncjay(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
truly:

So why did the Yorubas not vote Buhari/Bakare in 2011?

Bakare = lawyer, Ogun State, Pastor
Osinbajo = Lawyer, Ogun State, Pastor

I am not interested in the tribalism going on here, but just wanted clarification

Actually not here to answer ur questions, cos I dnt think in the right position to.

Btw, this thread is about igbos and hellish king. It got nothing to do with yoruba until some tribal deranged and resentful individuals who cannot help the emotional lopsided sway of their mentality toward hatred against the Yorubas started some sort of comparative analysis that has no basis, logic and empirically dead.... Even going by records..

I see it as emotional show shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by charsola: 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Chigold101:
Christopher123 please let me make it clear to you. Rev King is not a penticostal pastor.

He is running a spiritual church.

You mentioned catholic church. Please tell me who are the fathers of all those children that u have in convents run by rev sisters.

My friend any church that is not Catholic Church is penticostal, let me ask why do you penticostals know nothing about the apostolic Creed and yet you claim been Christians.... It irritates me
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by yatty4emmanuel(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Marcelini:

Ignorant comment. GEJ is neither an Igbo man nor from the SE. Our support for him couldn't have been clannish, as he is not from an Igbo clan, instead it's a hallmark of Igbo tolerance and liberalism, sticking out our neck for a non Igbo, whose people once betrayed us.

sorry if i sound harsh in cause of my expression,but i think most of you igbos have an unforegiving spirit,which is one of the reason you re all dieing in silence with the singular previous thought of the SS betrayed you which is very sentimental.every slite provocation you will all draw your plight to the ss,with a clueless thought of always feeling betrayed which will eat you all up soon without remedy.mind you, the yoruba's & hausa's are not colaborating as though your mentalities suggest,but your sentimental attitudes has actually made these two region seem like they are knitted wereas is wrong.talking of the ss,i wil lik u 2 knw dat dey re a diffrnt ethnic group totally in nigeria & their attitude is special dey re nt bias nor judgemental naturally.in de ss mst parents can nt ask dre child to go church service wit dem etc,so u stop dat rubish u call betrayal because evry1 is entittled to his opinion & choice.so mind your words the ss are nt lik u.if u re feelin betrayd go ask ur parents,abwt de war som areas in de ss durin de war joind biafara & odas nigeria, u ungrateful ingrade.wen biafara losses de war dose places also loss de war, u imp.in de ss evry man is a lord to himself 1st,bt if u can convins him he wil wok wit u,bt nt wit dis ur unforegetful betrayal trash & unending history, go tell this to your eze's dude.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity

You are soooooo stupid its amazing.

Is PST awuzia in any prison? Is it not d same way PST awuzia ministries went down DT PST wale Oke (DT slept wt secretary) also had his ministry go down?

Did PST adeboye or oyedepo burn people to death or kill anybody? pple of every tribe even abuse them for their private jets & ostentatious living.

You mentioned tb joshua. Pls what was his crime? Did he bulldoze d building wt pple inside?Buildings fall in lLagos frequently, their landlords are not in prison. Their punishment is always DT d state collects d land back. At most if it was a construction fault, the company used will be charged wet criminal negligence, not even him. Pls how does dt compare to pouring kerosene and burning pple for their sins.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by xendra: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze
when a christian says don't judge another christian that has done wrong then he must either be a coward, ignorant or just plain stupid. I doubt you even own a bible.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Ghost447(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

You mean Adeboye & Kumuyi are like your Rev. King? I hope you have evidence to support your assertion?

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
Marcelini:

Ignorant comment. GEJ is neither an Igbo man nor from the SE. Our support for him couldn't have been clannish, as he is not from an Igbo clan, instead it's a hallmark of Igbo tolerance and liberalism, sticking out our neck for a non Igbo, whose people once betrayed us.
how did his people once betray yours? please enlighten me.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Omeny: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
plaetton:

My friend, why is it a feel good drug, a fix for you never-do-wells to insult Igbo people at every slightest opportunity?
Has an Igbo man also stolen your lunch?

What does Rev King have to do with me or every other Igbo in the world ?
Why must you insult me and my people over rev King?
Is he the king of the Igbos?

Are you so pretty minded, so intellectually bereft that you cannot make the distinction between some people who are exercising free speech, and the entire people of ignoland?

That some misguided people with Igbo names are asking for his release is not in any way tantamount to the millions of Igbos being in the same delusional state.

Anyone who knows anything at all about Igbos is that we don't think or act in herds. We are not clannish, and are probably the most diverse and dynamic in terms of worldviews.

The Nigerian prison population is equally representative of the Nigerian ethnic diversity.

My Brother? I tire for this poster ooo!

I wonder when the view of some pple is now judged to be the view of everybody!

He had the audacity to freely seat down in the comfort of where-ever he is to write-down on our Igbo Brothers yet he claimed to be the Holly-Igbo we have around! Shame of him because I know he's not an Igbo, He just want to lash out at the Igbos with the hatred in Him!

Am Not an Igbo-Man but as a responsible Nigerian, I feel it is nonsensical to insult or cajole the generality of everybody just because of one or few persons!

Long Live Edo People!

Long Live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

You're so wrong! Why is it a big problem for you guys when one of you (Igbo) is criticised ? An average Yoruba will not cover-up a crime even if such is committed by his relative. I'm not surprised that you hold this view; Igbo are,unfortunately known for that petty sentiment.

The major critics of Obasanjo,Adeboye,TB Joshua,Ooni,Kumuyi etc are Yoruba. It is this same petty sentiment,which you just displayed now, that has driven Igbo people to their present political oblivion in Nigeria.

So, if you have your facts against Adeboye,Kumuyi or any of the Yoruba pastors,kindly bring it to the fore for the law to take its pound!

'Rev' King has been found guilty before the law therefore,he must bear the consequence.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by gabicon: 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze

Apostle paul said he passed judgement on the man that slept with his fathers wife, meaning we actually we are to judge people based on God's word. Rev king is an egoistic and controlling false prophet that the bible say we should be aware of.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by excel101(m): 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

Who ever said anything concerning this very issue, dats the person's opinion but the supreme court, which is the highest court in the land has taken a decision which supersedes any persons, groups and organizations. So be it. Please this is not an issue for contention nd there's no need bringing it up here. Maybe your intention is to deliberately create unnecessary tension.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Propelled(f): 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

You forgot the part that Jesus said we should give to caeser what belongs to caeser! Even Jesus had respect for constituted authority. It is the government's responsibility to keep it's citizens safe; therefore men like kings shouldn't be anywhere near humans. And yes they have the right to judge because they are judges.

Jesus bu Eze
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Marcelini(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
yatty4emmanuel:

sorry if i sound harsh in cause of my expression,but i think most of you igbos have an unforegiving spirit,which is one of the reason you re all dieing in silence with the singular previous thought of the SS betrayed you which is very sentimental.every slite provocation you will all draw your plight to the ss,with a clueless thought of always feeling betrayed which will eat you all up soon without remedy.mind you, the yoruba's & hausa's are not colaborating as though your mentalities suggest,but your sentimental attitudes has actually made these two region seem like they are knitted wereas is wrong.talking of the ss,i wil lik u 2 knw dat dey re a diffrnt ethnic group totally in nigeria & their attitude is special dey re nt bias nor judgemental naturally.in de ss mst parents can nt ask dre child to go church service wit dem etc,so u stop dat rubish u call betrayal because evry1 is entittled to his opinion & choice.so mind your words the ss are nt lik u.if u re feelin betrayd go ask ur parents,abwt de war som areas in de ss durin de war joind biafara & odas nigeria, u ungrateful ingrade.wen biafara losses de war dose places also loss de war, u imp.in de ss evry man is a lord to himself 1st,bt if u can convins him he wil wok wit u,bt nt wit dis ur unforegetful betrayal trash & unending history, go tell this to your eze's dude.

Lol! What exactly are you talking about? What SS are you speaking of? The same one Asaba holds forte in? Was Chukwuma Nzeogwu, the originator of the so called Igbo coup?

There is nothing like SS man, when We have proud Igbos in same SS?

Bro, stop talking trash, I meant GEJ clan, which is politically Ijaw, you will do well to stand out and say your ethnic group than hide behind a blurred term like SS.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Propelled(f): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
[quote author=Pharaoh9 post=43301950]God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

You forgot the part that Jesus said we should give to caeser what belongs to caeser! Even Jesus had respect for constituted authority. It is the government's responsibility to keep it's citizens safe; therefore men like kings shouldn't be anywhere near humans. And yes they have the right to judge because they are judge

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by derecho(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
What kind of write-up is this?
I wonder what Nairaland has become.How could such a title make frontpage?
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by bbjummy: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
This man is better dead already and let his name be forgot
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Marcelini(m): 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
konfessor:
how did his people once betray yours? please enlighten me.

Adaka Boro and some Ijaw people teamed up with the Yorubas and the North, against the land of the rising sun.

We could have done the same to GEJ, by teaming up with his Yoruba and Northern detractors, but we are obviously not vindictive lots, and stuck by a neighbour.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by adaxxy: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze
wetin dey worry you,
If na your sister be the person wey lord king abi wetin he call himself pour oil and burnt alive or your legal wedded wife moved to his house ,
soo you go dey talk like that?
Abeg park commot for road make better people comments.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Fourwinds: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze
u are not serious oooi.... in d old Testment when u commit murder. what hsppens., when u commit adultery what happens...or d Ten commandments dat God put in place are no longer working.!!! d society must be cleaned ok

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by MrGerald(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
Did they tell you that they're defending him because he's Igbo, or they're doing so as Igbo group and for Igbos? nothing like tribal intervention in case of Rev King, recently igbos in abia demonstrated and asked for the release of Shiites leader, what do you call that? please stop disgracing us to answer a good man.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:
he's fine. That guy started it. Base on the respect and manner of approach you used, I'll stop.
So u r actually a dad. I had tot u r below 18
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by GoldEnyong(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
Igbo style
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by awesomesossy(f): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Did the people he burnt complain to you? they accepted it and God knows why it happened,

God is Great

they should leave the man of God alone

Just imagine what dis one is vomiting from his mouth....i am sure if were ur mother or sister u wouldn't b saying all dis trash.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.