Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation (29333 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by truly: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
Marcelini:
Lol, you just can't make up your mind, can you? GEJ is not Igbo and his VP is not Igbo, our voting for him represents liberalism on our part, as you pointed out GEJ presidency yielded no special benefits for Ndiigbo.

Let me ask this also

In 2011, Jonathan got 25% in Katsina state, Buhari's home state
So can we assume that the people of Katsina are more liberal than any other group since they were willing to give 25% to the opponents of their own son?

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

On what happened to the family of the people he killed or roasted ....

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

Rev King should do the time cos he did the crime ...simple

My dear, it was never a tribal thing, and yes some illiterate followers of this murderer where asking he be freed, but thats their right to. At the end of the day, i am happy he will pay for his crimes.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by HomeOfMe(f): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:
What sort of stupidity is going on in this country ...a self styled pastor that have women serve him naked ..I mean stark naked and at the end of the day he felt deified...now the climax is that he pured fuel on some girls and burned them ...he said his name is Rev Pastor King...now he has been condemned. That is the law. If you do the crime you got to do the time

Now some igbo or some idiots that claim that they are igbo are asking that he should be left free! Can you imagine how far we have debased. I am an igbo man and I hate it when sentimentality is brought to things that should be tackled logically. This is madness

This dude called King or Rev King killed an innocent and gullible woman and if the court has found him guilty and he should be hanged so be it . God bless his soul. We should stop whipping up tribal sentiments ...the first was Metuh, then Onyeka that songstress now this so called pastor Rev King ...

He is a disgrace to christiandom ,a disgrace to igbohood and a disgrace to sanity. Jesus was simple and he never attributed anything to himself ..we as Christians should follow his steps ...if this was when Christianity was Christianity... He would have been ostracised and excommunicated by Catholic Church .. What a travesty

On what happened to the family of the people he killed or roasted ....

I will be just and fair . I will say the truth yes I am igbo, yes I am a Christian , yes, I am a black ...this is not a tribal thing because all the tribe commit heinous crimes and this isn't a race thing cos all the race commit bizzare crimes so we should call a spade a spade. Yes I deeply understand that igbo look out for their brothers be it anywhere that is fine but while doing this we shouldn't condone some evil which I know many igbo do not

Those pleading for the Rev King are not igbo spokesmen but they are paid pleaders with igbo sounding names which their origin are questionable ....

Rev King should do the time cos he did the crime ...simple
I thought he had been killed long ago. He should pay for his crimes.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Henovy: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Did the people he burnt complain to you? they accepted it and God knows why it happened,

God is Great

they should leave the man of God alone
OMG, did you just write this? Please try read it again and repent quickly to prevent God's wrath. The fact that you wrote God is great will not change anything.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Trendishine: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
EdCure:

Honestly. They don't seem to understand simple English nor abide by conventional ethics.
They are stuck in the bubble of igbohood (and whatever silliness it represents).
u shld be reasonable enough not to turn it into a tribal slur.. because thats easily the angle ur mentality wld swing u to.. make una try dey dey civilized small. no be by typing english. even the o.p and originator of this thread na igbo n he has mentioned that. na wa 4 una o.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Ben108: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

Do you refer to such a mad man as "prophet"? If Rev King committed the crime and he is found guilty then he should pay the price. Period. No man should be a law unto himself in the name of religion. Quoting scriptures to support evil is an evidence of depravity of mentality. "Mercy commits murder when it pardons those who kill" -Shakespeare.

"Eburu ozu onye ozo, odi ka ebu nku"

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Henovy: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

Maybe you should tell me their fathers

Rev King is a Pentecostal Church dude
Pentecostals do not remove their shoes. He is a spiritualist who also uses voodoo! Hell is eagerly awaiting him.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
Your hatred towards the igbo race will follow you to the grave.

Am waiting for Nsi-ewu and his mods to apply rule No2.

But thunder will definitely do the needful.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
Teeboy22:

Don't come and display your tribalism here ....it will be well if we can't follow the thread than cause unesseary tribalism ...what does it take to be frank

keep quiet there you. Who started throwing shots, was it me?

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Teeboy22(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Setaje:

You are the biggest dunce on this forum. Nobody actually equals your stupidity on planet earth. This also goes to the baboons that liked this your write up. Let me first school you about t.b joshua. I can boldly say 90% of the people in that church are Igbos. I am not talking on hear say but on the fact that I have been there several times. From the pastors to the workers, almost all of them are Igbos. The yorubas I know hate this man more than anything because most of them see him as a herbalist. How many times do u see him among pentecostal pastors. When you talk of oyedepo, kumuyi, and Adeboye, the first people to call them out through social media are the same yorubas. Especially on the universities that many members cannot afford. When oyedepo slapped a so called witch, they abused the hell out of him, In actual fact. Yorubas do not stand up for themselves the way igbos do. What the op wrote, he is just being economical wiv the truth. Igbos stick up for themselves whether good or bad. It is what I have being seen and I am not apologetic of that fact and I don't blame them because they see every other person as an enemy who wants to annihilate them and this is because of the war. How dare u say yorubas support each other. Should I even talk politically, nobody abused obasanjo more than the yorubas. Look at Buhari now, who gave him " baba go slow and one chance president. No be yorubas. You did not make any point at all. Infact u should be banned for this your nonsense write up. I spit on it. Tuuuuueeeeeeh!!!!!

Easy on him bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by stevedre: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:
God said we should not judge, "Do my prophet no harm" let nigerian government leave everything for God(Judge) we don't know where our problems are coming from

Jesus bu Eze

Bible also warned us about wolves in sheep clothes. Open ya eyes ma bloda n stop luning afta shadows.

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Teeboy22(m): 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:
keep quiet there you. Who started throwing shots, was it me?

This isn't about tribalism or Benin versus Igbo or Yoruba versus benin

We are talking about calling a spade a spade
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
plaetton:

The lowest Igbo man is 100 times the man you will be, both you and your clan.

An Igbo parent works hard, proudly and creatively to cater for and bring up his children and family.
Nothing more noble than that.

The lesser stock of parents( I don't want to name names) sell their daughters into prostitution in Italy and Spain.
Nothing more ignoble than that.
I suspect that is your stock.

So, that you feel sooooo inferior is a bit understandable, and pitiable.

That you have to advertise it publicly is doubly pitiable.

Go and find your daddy young man.
the lowest edo man is better than your entire tribe of cannibals and flàtheads. An igbo man balances his trade with criminal activities. Between edo igbos who are losers? Did edo start a war and ended up dying in great numbers? The bullets of the Nigerian army killed over 3m of your people.

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by zealog: 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:
op u are not very correct. Infact u are not being fair to Igbos.

As far as religion is concerned, Igbos are the least gullible pple. No igbo takes religion to the extreme like Hausa and yoruba do.

For example, pastor muoka of the lords chosen was accussed by his member of underhand spiritual dealings

pastor Awuzia of zoe ministry was also accussed also

but yoloba pastors who commit similar crimes are instead revered and hailed by their kinsmen as 'Daddy' even Tb Joshua who was caught on tape trying to cover the death of close to 100 members of his church has not been touched.

Adeboye,kumuyi and co are just like revd king but are feigning saintly mien. If tb joshua was igbo he would be in jail by now

summary: igbos expose their criminal pastors, yolobas cover and worship thiers

killing revd king may be justice but leaving his yoloba mates is injustice because equality is equity

Your gullibility is profoundly legendary. Adeboye, Kumuyi and Oyedepo are men of honour and integrity that will never engage in such dastardly acts that your so called Rev King get himself into. In short I fear for the Igbos. Tribal sentiments may prevent many of you from getting real salvation from God. Many of you come online to abuse Yoruba Pastors as if it is Yorubas that make them pastors. Stop toeing the path of the Jews that reject Christ. Remove the clogs in your mind. Open your heart to God and He will lead in the right path.

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Daniel058(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze
I'm not saying that he must be killed, but what if the deed was done to your sister?? Who knows what his next plan would be if forgiven... Hmmmm God knows the best sha...
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by kenex4ever(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze
are u sane?
we shouldn't judge but he judged those girls or girl abi?

religion has blinded my people
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Teeboy22:

This isn't about tribalism or Benin versus Igbo or Yoruba versus benin

We are talking about calling a spade a spade
it was your fellow igbos who started the entire rubbish. Tell them to start ranting and learn to see other tribes for what they truly are.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by olisaEze(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

Maybe you should tell me their fathers

Rev King is a Pentecostal Church dude
1. Rev. King is a man, not a church. His church is called Christian Praying Assembly.
2. I haven't seen or heard anything Christ-like about the man or his cult, so I don't think he or his followers should be called christians.
3. Jesus is not coming back for "pentecostals" or catholics or baptists or Methodists, or even Christians. He is coming back for "the Righteous", those whose hearts are right with him.

In summary, ur doctrine is not important. Ur mind and actions are.

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:
the lowest edo man is better than your entire tribe of cannibals and flàtheads. An igbo man balances his trade with criminal activities. Between edo igbos who are losers? Did edo start a war and ended up dying in great numbers? The bullets of the Nigerian army killed over 3m of your people.
mulattoclaro, take it easy please, the thread started good let's not respond to real or perceived slights, hold your horses biko; between, how is your lovely son? smiley...
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by porozhniy(m): 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
DelGardo:

I was addressing the issue of herd mentality not clannishness. I agree we are more liberal.

I also agree that they blend into their environment (so we also end up with loads of Igbo children that can't speak the language and other such cons for the pros). But majority supported GEJ even though we gained diddly squat from his government. That's herd mentality right there.
Majority supported Gej the same way they supported Obj & Yar'adua. I think their support was more of a PDP thing coupled with the negative perception of APC . For the neutrals, it was simply a choice between the devil & the deep blue sea and that indifference showed in their votes.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Teeboy22(m): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:
it was your fellow igbos who started the entire rubbish. Tell them to start ranting and learn to see other tribes for what they truly are.

I am not Igbo and I am a man trying to be frank and make you understand your stupidity
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by PenSniper: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Jesus bu Eze

You are a first-class buffoon..
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Jacobx007: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
GOD BLESS YOU OP! Somebody is callin TB Joshua, Oyedepo etc, so u mean if TB Joshua or Oyedepo sets someone on fire he will be roaming free? In 2016?
I don't know d problem with Nigerians, its nt an Igbo thing. If d criminal is frm my side, he shld b set free n u begin to justify it with unparalleled stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by kay29000(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
OMG! I can't believe what I am reading. I can't believe people are still fighting for this man cos he is from their place. I can't believe I live in the same country with these people.

3 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by uncjay(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
sweetgala:

Yolobas , that's what it has come to now, just childish sentiments.

Unfortunately neither Oyedepo nor Adeboye have been found guilty of gross misconduct or criminal activism, in Nigeria. Oyedepo can't enter UK and he was heavily criticised by many people including many Yoruba on social media.

I remember well when Oyedepo slapped the young witch and he was descended upon my many Yoruba on this same NL.

Abeg abeg abeg, while you can state your argument aplky reason and if you don't want your dear Igbo attacked don't do so yourself.

Don't mind the mofo....he is suffering from tribal jingoism....

He's pained and he need to exert it on anything, yoruba is the preferred option . Smh
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Teeboy22:

I am not Igbo and I am a man trying to be frank and make you understand your stupidity
it's your father and your entire lineage that are stupid. God punish your useless flàthead. Stop masquerading as a non igbo person. You're igbo from all indications. Bleep off my mentions. There's nothing to steal here.
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by plaetton: 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:

I am proud of a people who stand up, fight for and die for something.
I would rather fight and die for something than to lie in hospital bed dying of AIDS.

Lol.
What a lowly character who scuffs at warriors who die fighting.
Again, you betray your lowly stock.

So, you're Edo? shocked

Pls don't say that in the presence of real EDO people.

Are you sure your father is Edo?
Have you found him, or you have been lied to that your father is Edo?

Hhhmm.
Must be the very lowest Edo stock.
A most pathetic stock indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Teeboy22(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:

Jeez. This man take a chill pill bro ..your getting heart attack ..pls get your hbp kit

Damn. ...this isn't a tribalistic thread ejoor
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by mulattoclaro(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Xsolutions:
mulattoclaro, take it easy please, the thread started good let's not respond to real or perceived slights, hold your horses biko; between, how is your lovely son? smiley...
he's fine. That guy started it. Base on the respect and manner of approach you used, I'll stop.

1 Like

Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by Teeboy22(m): 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
mulattoclaro:
it's your father and your entire lineage that are stupid. God punish your useless flàthead. Stop masquerading as a non igbo person. You're igbo from all indications. Bleep off my mentions. There's nothing to steal here.

Can you pls get a life ....damn ...your sick
Re: Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation by caniva(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Some people have been brainwashed by religion fanatism/tribalism and their thinking are so shallow they don't even exist or have an identity of their own.

My Pastor says this, My Imam says that.

You are nothing but a fool...If Supreme Court could upheld a lower court judgement for an incident that has been proved beyond reasonable doubt and someone without an identity (follow follow), still questioning the verdict and demanding it should be left to God.

Incase, you don't know, LAW is a respecter of no-one and also an impediment to human excesses.

Besides, if the Ndigbo ask for Rev. King to be pardon because he is one of them. Have they forgotten those that burnt to death were also Igbos? So, are we saying one-igbo life is far better that the others? What's the common sense in that?

Conclusively, If your religion Leader have blindfolded you, continue wallowing in the darkness until you become a victim of their *fake prophethood life.

Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.