Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki (42910 Views)

Why I Purchased A New Car – Saraki (photo Of The Cars) / Arrest Me If My Convoy Break Traffic Rules – Amosun Tells New TRACE Boss / I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Information Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
I wouldn't read up the reasons he has to say to Nigerians...I believe they the government are wasteful & wrecking the economy.

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Burger01(m): 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
chubhiee:
Crazy country. to imagine this is happening under the watch of our saint and supreme leader BuharI is preposterous.
If Buhari talk now you dolts will say na witch hunting. You guys are terrible and are the problem of this country. Confused wailing fellows undecided

Btw, Saraki is a chronic thief undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
The office of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, has issued the statement below to respond to an exclusive story by PREMIUM TIMES, that Mr Saraki has taken delivery of new cars, worth over N300million.

Read full statement below.

“Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has said only his official vehicle, a MercedezBenz, was changed and that the spare car in the convoy is the old one he inherited and has been using since he assumed office June last year.

“Reacting to the claim by Premium Times that the Senate President has taken delivery of vehicles worth N330m, Yusuph Olaniyonu, the Special Adviser, stated that it was wrong for Premium Times to classify vehicles provided for security agencies like the police and State Security Service by the National Assembly management for their operations as vehicles bought for the Senate President.

“It is an obvious fact that the official and spare cars that the Senate President inherited and has been using are old and have been malfunctioning. There are instances like the day Dr. Saraki visited Keffi for the marriage of the daughter of Senator Abdullahi Adamu and another day at the Presidential wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport that the spare vehicle broke down. In both instances, the spare vehicle did not return home with the convoy. The same vehicle had malfunctioned at the Presidential Villa and National Mosque on different occasions. It is for this reason that the Senate President approved that instead of providing two vehicles for him as he is entitled, only one should be bought to replace the official vehicle while the old official car should be converted to spare car.

“Also, if the National Assembly Management chose to provide operational vehicles for Security Agencies, should that be presented as if they are personal or official vehicles meant for the use of Dr. Saraki? These are vehicles that cannot be used for other purposes and by other people. The Senate President also have no control over the security vehicles.

“it is also surprising that despite the fact that Premium Times in the same story reported that the order for the vehicle was made in December, it chose to calculate the value of the vehicles based on current exchange rate of the Naira to the dollar. This is obviously a mischief aimed at making the figure look huge and justify the screaming headline.

“The press should avoid deliberately inciting members of the public against public officials. The Senate President and his colleagues are conscious of the economic situation in the country and will continue to act responsibly and responsively.

“Just last week, Dr. Saraki was informed that the Ministry of FCT in its 2016 budget proposed a N6 billion estimate for the construction of the official residence of the Senate President. He outrightly rejected the proposal and directed Senator Dino Melaye, Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT to bring down the cost to one billion Naira. He said that it should be made known to the Ministry that if it cannot construct the building with N1 billion then they should leave out the project entirely till after his tenure. He said he will rather stay in his present abode. Senator Melaye had already acted as instructed as indicated in the report his committee presented to the Appropriation Committee.

“It should therefore be noted that if Dr. Saraki can demonstrate frugality and responsible leadership in a matter that saved the country so much money, how can it then be presented as if purchase of cars is a big issue that he cares so much about? Those who know the antecedent of the Senate President know that there is no type of vehicle that can excite him at this stage in his life”, Olaniyonu stated.
Signed
Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the Senate President

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199170-convoy-deserves-new-cars-saraki.html
a thief is a thief.

3 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by brunofarad(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
And the looting continues
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Stanbeto: 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
There is God o o
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by femicyrus(m): 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
common sense is not applicable on NASS matters.
cc: senator ben bruce

2 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Islie: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Saraki thinks Nigerians are phool

this man is just playing on our intelligence...

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Fash20: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Saraki, May Thunder Fire And Scatter Your Soul!

It Shall Never Be Well With People Around You...
angry angry angry
anty calm down now na like this e pain you reach.

2 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by MASHINC: 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
The fact is that he did not get what he was accused of doing. No matter how bad these guys look. We know he made a lot being the son of his father and from Kwara state.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by aresa: 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
It is an obvious fact that the official and spare cars that the Senate President inherited and has been using are old and have been malfunctioning. There are instances like the day Dr. Saraki visited Keffi for the marriage of the daughter of Senator Abdullahi Adamu

Official car paid for by the Nigerian people for official senate business is what these thoughtless and corrupt people openly admitted that they drove to a private and social event?

smh...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by dammytosh: 7:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
LOL.

So Innoson Bullet proof can not be spare ?

grin grin grin

Ben Bruce don scam Nigerians through his Senate President. grin I love him, he will keep quiet. No ConMan's sense analysis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Wowzer(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nigeria is on her knees. Because Squanderers and Looters ti take over.

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nice explaination my able senate president.With this Tinubu and his media goons have been put to shame.Carry go my SP

5 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by otitokoroleti: 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

angry angry angry
ZOMBIE, KEEP SCREAMING 'BUY MADE IN NIGERIA' WIILE SARAKI, BUHARI USES VEHICLES MANUFACTURED OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by otitokoroleti: 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

IPOB Charlatan..Should Buhari Intervenes Now In Prosecuting Saraki, People Like You and Other Senseless IPOB Youths Will Be The First To Line The Streets and Cry Witch Hunting On His Behalf!

Ndi Ara!
WATCH OUT FOR THE ARRIVAL OF BUHARI BMW CARS, ZOMBI BURUKU SHIOR

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by kolmart: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
Is only dummy and psychiatry patient will bring PMB into this case. the president has no power to stop NAS from spending their allocation he can only advice. Blame Saraki for the I don't care attitude
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by brodalikeme(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
Last2comment:
How can the spare car be malfunctioning upon the millions allocated for maintenance every year. Abegi park well.

don't doubt them Oo, have you forgotten that they all have habit of buying substandard and used things? Ask AVM Amosun
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by tottinova: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
[quote “The press should avoid deliberately inciting members of the public against public officials. The Senate President and his colleagues are conscious of the economic situation in the country and will continue to act responsibly and responsively.
[/quote]

If they are really responsible set of pple, we shouldn't even be hearing bout them spending on irrelevant things

2 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by erekoshe: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
Politicians will always be politicians.. Liars and thieves, irrespective of the party they belong to

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by aresa: 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
dammytosh:
LOL.

grin grin grin

Ben Bruce don scam Nigerians through his Senate President. grin I love him, he will keep quiet. No ConMan's sense analysis.

I honestly feel sorry for the INNOSON guy...

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by watered(m): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
I love dis Saraki of a thief
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by mbhs139(m): 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
If I were the Senate President, I would simply request that all official vehicles attached to my office should be shared to members of nairaland after reading all these their childish comment. I will be using public transport to carry out official duties, so that you all can ail me of how saintly I am. And when I get late to any event because of traffic, don't crucify me o, after all, that's what you all want.

But Dr Senate President, why you self go dey use official car for private matter? What are you doing with your official car at the wedding Ceremony of the daughter of your Senator friend, did you go there to represent us, abi we send you message ni? So, is that an excuse, because your car broke down at a friend's daughter wedding. Do you know how many times my own car don brake down for 3rd mainland bridge, with my wife and son inside? Take time o!

3 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by otitokoroleti: 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
dammytosh:
LOL.

grin grin grin

YOU SEE?

2 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by otitokoroleti: 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
GBOGBO EYIN TI E N NA OWO NIGERIA NI INAKUNA, E O KAN ADANTAN LAGBARA OLORUN. AWON OGEDE OLORIBURUKU
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by mbhs139(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
There are instances like the day Dr. Saraki visited Keffi for the marriage of the daughter of Senator Abdullahi Adamu

aresa:

Official car paid for by the Nigerian people for official senate business is what this thoughtless and corrupt people openly admitted that they drove to a private and social event?

smh...

I tire o! See me see wahala o! Can you imagine!? Why him no drive him papa car go the wedding, abi him no inherit any car from Olusola Saraki ni?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by undefeated(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
good reason why you have to vacate that seat. since you are so senseless to the plight of the common man you represent. why not buy with you money
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by olas24u(f): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
Last2comment:
How can the spare car be malfunctioning upon the millions allocated for maintenance every year. Abegi park well.

They should buy made in Nigeria
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by 4nobody4every1: 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

angry angry angry
.....l weep for Nigeria, all this criminals have the audacity to defend every thing , oh my, how did we get here, l dont see this present leaders formulating any people friendly policies, they are after their stomach alone, sadly, Buhari cannot really do much, l weep for Nigeria....besides, we have seen 2 or 3 threads on Nairaland in the last few days of Nigerians who needs medical attention that requires few millions and yet one bastard called senate president is ordering a car worth millions of Naira despite the fact that he already has choice cars to cruise about........na wa for Nigeria mata ooo angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by muhakeem(m): 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
na the new cars go frustrate una... idiot of a human
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by TBD(m): 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
Are you more important than the president of this country?
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Awoofawo(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
grin grin Ma jaiye ori mi, mi mo ehin ola o/ ma jaiye ori mi o.......... Saraki enjoy life ni while the masses are suffer and smiling!

Ko ni da iyalaya Saraki walia man yen ti fu<kup big time cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Have 7 Days To Bring Out Buhari’s Certificate – Group Tells Defence Minister / Dogara Perfects Last-minute Defection, Continues APC Talks / Buhari Dropped The Mic With A Bang And Walked Out On Chibok Parents – Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.