Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,748 members, 7,955,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:09 PM

Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki (43123 Views)

Why I Purchased A New Car – Saraki (photo Of The Cars) / Arrest Me If My Convoy Break Traffic Rules – Amosun Tells New TRACE Boss / I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Information Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by abiolag(m): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
Let them send me d spare cars dat always break down. I won't mind if it breakdown on my wedding day lol grin

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Lifestone(m): 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:
See the response he gave as if he is addressing dummies.

Whatever happened to buying made in Nigeria?? It is their turn now, they prefer "abroad made", and they force the populace to patronise Nigerian made.

yeye dey ooze.
Hypocracy is what I don't like. How many made in Nigeria are in the entourage of PMB and VP?
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by phanshark(m): 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
The office of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, has issued the statement below to respond to an exclusive story by PREMIUM TIMES, that Mr Saraki has taken delivery of new cars, worth over N300million.

Read full statement below.

“Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has said only his official vehicle, a MercedezBenz, was changed and that the spare car in the convoy is the old one he inherited and has been using since he assumed office June last year.

“Reacting to the claim by Premium Times that the Senate President has taken delivery of vehicles worth N330m, Yusuph Olaniyonu, the Special Adviser, stated that it was wrong for Premium Times to classify vehicles provided for security agencies like the police and State Security Service by the National Assembly management for their operations as vehicles bought for the Senate President.

“It is an obvious fact that the official and spare cars that the Senate President inherited and has been using are old and have been malfunctioning. There are instances like the day Dr. Saraki visited Keffi for the marriage of the daughter of Senator Abdullahi Adamu and another day at the Presidential wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport that the spare vehicle broke down. In both instances, the spare vehicle did not return home with the convoy. The same vehicle had malfunctioned at the Presidential Villa and National Mosque on different occasions. It is for this reason that the Senate President approved that instead of providing two vehicles for him as he is entitled, only one should be bought to replace the official vehicle while the old official car should be converted to spare car.

“Also, if the National Assembly Management chose to provide operational vehicles for Security Agencies, should that be presented as if they are personal or official vehicles meant for the use of Dr. Saraki? These are vehicles that cannot be used for other purposes and by other people. The Senate President also have no control over the security vehicles.

“it is also surprising that despite the fact that Premium Times in the same story reported that the order for the vehicle was made in December, it chose to calculate the value of the vehicles based on current exchange rate of the Naira to the dollar. This is obviously a mischief aimed at making the figure look huge and justify the screaming headline.

“The press should avoid deliberately inciting members of the public against public officials. The Senate President and his colleagues are conscious of the economic situation in the country and will continue to act responsibly and responsively.

“Just last week, Dr. Saraki was informed that the Ministry of FCT in its 2016 budget proposed a N6 billion estimate for the construction of the official residence of the Senate President. He outrightly rejected the proposal and directed Senator Dino Melaye, Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT to bring down the cost to one billion Naira. He said that it should be made known to the Ministry that if it cannot construct the building with N1 billion then they should leave out the project entirely till after his tenure. He said he will rather stay in his present abode. Senator Melaye had already acted as instructed as indicated in the report his committee presented to the Appropriation Committee.

“It should therefore be noted that if Dr. Saraki can demonstrate frugality and responsible leadership in a matter that saved the country so much money, how can it then be presented as if purchase of cars is a big issue that he cares so much about? Those who know the antecedent of the Senate President know that there is no type of vehicle that can excite him at this stage in his life”, Olaniyonu stated.
Signed
Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the Senate President

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199170-convoy-deserves-new-cars-saraki.html
at list d one weh him dey drive 4 9 mont now never stop 4 road na? oh! saraki, deris God oh! D inocent piple mony u are spending god is waching you oh! deris God oh! derisGodoh!! derisGodoh!!!

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by anigbajumo(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
Can anyone tell me the essence of car allowance in millions of naira every year.....??

This is highly disgusting and out of sense in this present situation of this country, our leaders dnt give damn about da masses at all.....

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
jsnow90:
It seems nobody read the part where Saraki stated that he asked Dino Melaye and the Minister of the FCT to reduce the cost for building a house for the senate president from 6 billion naira to 1 billion naira. Perharps, Saraki in a bid to appear thrift, thinks he is doing Nigerians a favour by reducing the cost from 6 billion to 1 billion naira.

Where was David Mark living?
Where did all past senate presidents live?
Why do we need to spend 1 billion to build a house for the senate president?
Where has Saraki been living since the time he became senate president?

Even if it's necessary to build a house for the senate president, I think 100 - 200 million naira can build a befitting structure for him.

Useless set of people. Even the vice president of the US lives inside an army barracks. We don't even earn 1/5million of what they earn yearly.

Even d stupid buhari is annoying me. Mr corruption, how does he explain a budget of the minister of fct allocating 6billion to build a stupid house for d senate president!!!!

Who da fuqq signed off on DT foolishness. The buck stops at his table!!!!

Fake, fake, fake thieves everywhere in this country!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by kel5000(m): 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

IPOB Charlatan..Should Buhari Intervenes Now In Prosecuting Saraki, People Like You and Other Senseless IPOB Youths Will Be The First To Line The Streets and Cry Witch Hunting On His Behalf!
Oboy,u be MAD DOG o!so,all ya problem for this world Na IPOB youths,abi?go engage in more meaningful ventures,udele like u

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by blackprowler: 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
They have robbed us blind in this country. The only concern of the average Nigerian is how to get in on the squander party. A car bought new a few years ago is considered scrap and claimed to be malfunctioning by our politician lords. Average Nigerian buys a used car of 20 years and the car performs excellently and he only has a roadside mechanic to maintain the car o. Nigeria is a joke. The richest men who can afford billions to run for office get into office and their toothbrushes must be bought for them for millions by the Nigerian people's purse. They want to build a house for Senate President (how many times since 1999) and he's proud to say he beat it down from 6billion to 1billion. That can build 200 houses for Nigerians that actually need the homes. NIGERIA IS A JOKE, YOU HEAR!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by modik(m): 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
chubhiee:

What about the pain Buhari and Apc are causing Nigerians by playing possum with the battered and crippled economy?

Tell US what has worked since Apc and Buhari took over? bloody Pharisee!

A ll
P rogressives
C omedians

LOL.

Kwurruption fighters.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by 989900: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
Where do we start with dis now? undecided lipsrsealed angry sad
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by shamme2005(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
Gud one from the Senate president the truth is dat every people deserve the type of leaders they have, one can imagine what 300million Wil do in a university in Nigeria and one mad person is talking about spear car and current exchange rate. It will continue for a long time except the people rise up and stop dis madness.

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by muller101(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Saraki, May Thunder Fire And Scatter Your Soul!

It Shall Never Be Well With People Around You...
angry angry angry
yes buhari is around him also. Thunder will also fire him.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by fairheven: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
But what are you doing with convoy?
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
Weekend headline, no harm done.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Jabioro: 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
You an acrobatics liar ,no questions needed to scrutinize you...
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by GOODNESS2020: 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
That is Kwara demon in action
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by SamiraF: 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
Blacksodje:
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS TO ASK....

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CARS THAT THE SSS AND POLICE PERSONNEL USED DURING DAVID MARK'S ERA?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OFFICIAL RESIDENCE OF THE SENATE PRESIDENT?

OR WAS DAVID MARK STAYING IN A HOTEL ALL THROUGH HIS TENURE?

MUST YOU BUILD A NEW HOUSE FOR EVERY NE SENATE PRESIDENT?

HABA!!!

You are the only person in Nigeria that does not know that David Mark sold the official Senate President residence to himself
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:

Whatever happened to buying made in Nigeria?? It is their turn now, they prefer "abroad made", and they force the populace to patronise Nigerian made.

yeye dey ooze.

I prefer you use the term sheep. He is addressing us sheep (although both can be interpreted the same). Most sheep do not understand that issues in this world are way past physical they are purely spiritual. Imagine a public servant in this country having the audacity to say such in these trying times. Now imagine another dumb sheep that allowed this rubbish to be published in a newspaper as newsworthy, it astounds me. They are tying to frustrate you and I and they are getting a big laugh out of all of this. Media and the Elite go hand in hand. I do no think this article was published so Nigerians will have an opinion, the #3 man in Nigeria is going to serve his full term! Somebody that has has sucked the #1 man in Nigeria dick tire.

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by SamiraF: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
shamme2005:
Gud one from the Senate president the truth is dat every people deserve the type of leaders they have, one can imagine what 300million Wil do in a university in Nigeria and one mad person is talking about spear car and current exchange rate. It will continue for a long time except the people rise up and stop dis madness.

The university that Saraki built for you in Kwara is calling for you to come and complete your functional English for academic literacy course. Haba! "Spear" for spare? Go back to school

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:

yeye dey ooze.

I prefer you use the term sheep. He is addressing us sheep (although both can be interpreted the same). Most sheep do not understand that issues in this world are way past physical they are purely spiritual. Imagine a public servant in this country having the audacity to say such in these trying times. Now imagine another dumb sheep that allowed this rubbish to be published in a newspaper as newsworthy, it astounds me. They are tying to frustrate you and I and they are getting a big laugh out of all of this. Media and the Elite go hand in hand. I do no think this article was published so Nigerians will have an opinion, the #3 man in Nigeria is going to serve his full term! Saraki that has been busy vacuuming the #1 man in Nigeria's third leg.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Bgorgeous: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Imagine .a senator. My convoy! Really?
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by searay2(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Saraki, May Thunder Fire And Scatter Your Soul!

It Shall Never Be Well With People Around You...
angry angry angry
I doubt if you will not be cursing your children. Saraki worth those cars
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ezenwammadu:

“It is an obvious fact that the official and spare cars that the Senate President inherited and has been using are old and have been malfunctioning. There are instances like the day Dr. Saraki visited Keffi for the marriage of the daughter of Senator Abdullahi Adamu and another day at the Presidential wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport that the spare vehicle broke down.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199170-convoy-deserves-new-cars-saraki.html

Id*iot Nigerians paying for the private partying of their rulers.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by kolima1067(m): 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
Egbon saraki. GOD is watching u with 3D glasses
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by noblegrex: 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Jokerman:

Wailer like you... accept it.. buhAIR is incompetent. .. see mind blowing embezzlement under his nose...
And may God punish dat Saraki... Awon ole
and if you called this incompetence.what will you call JONATHAN EBELE CONFUSEDLOCK.with all the money embezzled under his watch. I'm not saying God will not punish SARAKI o.

3 Likes

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Fourwinds: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
see d responds a stu..pid leader is giving...

as useless as dey are in d national assembly., dey hadly make sacrifice for d nation...

useless idi..ots pretending to love Nigeria
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by kel5000(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
yaki84:

r u a man or a woman, clarify this thing so I knw which club to tek u to.

D Bastard is a man,pretending to be a woman
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Jokerman(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
noblegrex:
and if you called this incompetence.what will you call JONATHAN EBELE CONFUSEDLOCK.with all the money embezzled under his watch. I'm not saying God will not punish SARAKI o.
Bro... dats y we voted d confused goat out... buh Buhari is showing incompetence everywhere. .. like wat d Bleep..?? How I wish Fashola can cone out ... who will vote for foolish wicked souls like Buhari and GEJ??

1 Like

Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Mbediogu(m): 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
chubhiee:
Crazy country. to imagine this is happening under the watch of our saint and supreme leader BuharI is preposterous.

The president does not want impeachment engineered by an opposition Senate president. Saraki came to that sit thro improper channel. That was early warning. PMB has been cowered and doesn't want their whales and distraction. Either way we the masses suffer.
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by babadem2much(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:
What sort of lies are these. If the Spare Card are malfunctioning, can't they be fixed?
Or is it that Cars meant for the NASS have been banned from repairs?

Lil @ ban from humans repairs, this guys are heartless I swear with this economic yawa
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by Charly68: 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
I know it is President Buhari that is standing on the way of this reckless spendthrift senator...if not,he could use over a billion Dolar to purchase toy cars..nonsense !
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by noblegrex: 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Jokerman:

Bro... dats y we voted d confused goat out... buh Buhari is showing incompetence everywhere. .. like wat d Bleep..?? How I wish Fashola can cone out ... who will vote for foolish wicked souls like Buhari and GEJ??
ahaha. You made me laugh. Just calm your nerves ehn. For JEG,I understand.atleast he spent 6yrs uhm. But PMB hasn't spend 1yr and he's still in power.so,you can condemn him now or better put;you can't just make your conclusions yet.besides,the Fashola you mentioned was also condemn by many.I don't know who will do the Job. I think the prayers of the youth should rather be,that God should favour us in whatever Government. Cos as we speak know,some benefited from Ebele,some are benefiting from PMB as some have benefited in the previous admitn.since there's none to make it right yet. But I still believe in BABA.the General.sai Buhari
Re: Why My Convoy Deserves A New Car- Saraki by noblegrex: 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Jokerman:

ahaha. You made me laugh. Just calm your nerves ehn. For JEG,I understand.atleast he spent 6yrs uhm. But PMB hasn't spend 1yr and he's still in power.so,you can condemn him now or better put;you can't just make your conclusions yet.besides,the Fashola you mentioned was also condemn by many.I don't know who will do the Job. I think the prayers of the youth should rather be,that God should favour us in whatever Government. Cos as we speak know,some benefited from Ebele,some are benefiting from PMB as some have benefited in the previous admitn.since there's none to make it right yet. But I still believe in BABA.the General.sai Buhari cos I'm sure he's got no Hand in all this mess.if you'll believe it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video: Former President Jonathan Is Broke EX-PDP Youth Leader Deji / Nigerians Ask For President Jonathan's Thesis On Twitter / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.