Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? (4952 Views)

Man Grabs Lady's Chest, Reveals To Continue Sleeping With Different Women. Photo / Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House / I Love Her,but Should I Continue With The Marriage?(disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
I know this might not be the right thing to do, coming out here to wash the dirty linen of myself and my guy but I am left with no choice cos i'm confused and need people's opinion.
I am a final year student of a prestigious Nigerian university, my said guy is currently serving. We have been together for close to 5years now(started dating him from pre degree days). My bf is into music and so all the little change he makes is invested in music, he doesnt even buy new stuff for himself no more! Na now i know say bfr a below average Nigerian artist can be recognised eh go don tey embarassed
He is so passionate about this, as for me i have learned a skill because this present day Nigeria need not only certificate but what you can also give back to the society, in view of this i started saving some money from my pocket money. I was able to save a bit over 150K
This will not be the first or third time i will be assisting him with the little i have, what happened recently was that he told me about his new project and stuff, to cut story short he needed 50k shocked but there was no where to get it, his typical african parents are not that interested in sponsoring him, his sibling decided to follow same path, the only person he could look up to was me, after so many nights of hope and helplessness i told him i have 60k in my acct and would be able to give him the 50k he needs since i am not in need of the money till by Gods grace when i am done with service and wanna start up a business. His dream came through and the project was done tho the outcome was not as positive as he thought. Many of his fans are now particular about one of his tracks and he has decided to push the song, but as usual no money cry he has been lamenting and sad cos of that, he needs 15k this time around and i have told him i dont have. I am so confused right now, i dont think its my fault that i encouraged him into doing music. I am not scared that he'd leave me by the rime the money comes because we are serious about each other. Is it advisable to keep helping him since i know i wont be needing the money till like two years time?( i would have saved more over that period of time also) and i am sure he would have gotten a job before i need the money so returning it would not be a problem. Pls what would you do if you were me? Tnk u all
Please i dont immature response on my thread,
Mods pls help push this to front page.
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by falconey(m): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
when guys sponsor girls, meet her insatiable needs it's normal.

but when it's the other way around it becomes an issue .

if you are tired of assisting him then stop, he is not going to die and I'm sure he will be what he is destined to be.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Eebrahym(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
You welcome grin
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by chigoizie7(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
Yes nah.

Abeg make I apply as a side bobo.

Irrelevant nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:
I am not scared that he'd leave me by the rime the money comes because we are serious about each other. Is it advisable to keep helping him since i know i wont be needing the money till like two years time?( i would have saved more over that period of time also) and i am sure he would have gotten a job before i need the money so returning it would not be a problem.
U mumu pass my my bingo walahi!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Yes until he dumps u 4 another girl.. Rubbish, he's probably spend part of d money u give her on other babe..

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by vooyour(f): 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
you should really think about whether you believe in his talent or not. also talk to him about getting a part time job yo finance his career path. That's a tough industry to crack. but if you believe he can do it then I say support your man and don't mind anyone who says otherwise. This is your future. do you boo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ighoga898:
Yes until he dumps u 4 another girl.. Rubbish, he's probably spend part of d money u give her on other babe..
Imatured response spotted!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by tosyne2much(m): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hmmmmm !
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:

Imatured response spotted!
i ain't surprise at all, because d truth dey say its always bitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by lekjons(m): 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
he is shameless!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Laveda(f): 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:
I know this might not be the right thing to do, coming out here to wash the dirty linen of myself and my guy but I am left with no choice cos i'm confused and need people's opinion.
I am a final year student of a prestigious Nigerian university, my said guy is currently serving. We have been together for close to 5years now(started dating him from pre degree days). My bf is into music and so all the little change he makes is invested in music, he doesnt even buy new stuff for himself no more! Na now i know say bfr a below average Nigerian artist can be recognised eh go don tey embarassed
He is so passionate about this, as for me i have learned a skill because this present day Nigeria need not only certificate but what you can also give back to the society, in view of this i started saving some money from my pocket money. I was able to save a bit over 150K
This will not be the first or third time i will be assisting him with the little i have, what happened recently was that he told me about his new project and stuff, to cut story short he needed 50k shocked but there was no where to get it, his typical african parents are not that interested in sponsoring him, his sibling decided to follow same path, the only person he could look up to was me, after so many nights of hope and helplessness i told him i have 60k in my acct and would be able to give him the 50k he needs since i am not in need of the money till by Gods grace when i am done with service and wanna start up a business. His dream came through and the project was done tho the outcome was not as positive as he thought. Many of his fans are now particular about one of his tracks and he has decided to push the song, but as usual no money cry he has been lamenting and sad cos of that, he needs 15k this time around and i have told him i dont have. I am so confused right now, i dont think its my fault that i encouraged him into doing music. I am not scared that he'd leave me by the rime the money comes because we are serious about each other. Is it advisable to keep helping him since i know i wont be needing the money till like two years time?( i would have saved more over that period of time also) and i am sure he would have gotten a job before i need the money so returning it would not be a problem. Pls what would you do if you were me? Tnk u all
Please i dont immature response on my thread,
Are you okay? Why spending so much without any positive result ? undecided you should start thinking with your head already..

Forget how long you've been together and how serious he is, you'll be surprised he'll dump you for another bítch (maybe)

Put that money into some kinda productive business and grow financially even before service
Stop spending it on some Music shít undecided undecided

•Borrow some sense•

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
vooyour:
you should really think about whether you believe in his talent or not. also talk to him about getting a part time job yo finance his career path. That's a tough industry to crack. but if you believe he can do it then I say support your man and don't mind anyone who says otherwise. This is your future. do you boo.
Thanks bae. I believe so much in him, his songs are on my playlist grin he has been getting numerous shows and getting a litle bit known in our state. U know all these struggling artist performs free most of the time just to keep gaining recognition cry I pray this year doesnt run out on him.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by pharmagba: 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
To whom much is given much is expected
He is got to start doing something to earn money aside, if music is not bringing in the income now.
Please stop giving him. If he needs N50k. You can only assist if he says he had ben able to earn and save minimum N35k
Please I don't want you to be disappointed but help him in making money by suggesting legitimate thing he can do to earn money.
I know you love him so much and your fears are justified, but don't be his ATM, what if he meets someone richer than you? It will pain you so much. As long as you are not married yet show restrain.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by ozy4christ(f): 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
Are they stil doing dis type of this in dis 21century,save ur money and start sometin meaningful,if he dont have money 4 music let him take a break and look 4 job so when money comes he can start frm wia he stops.YOU A WORKING 4 SOMEBODY.WAKE UP

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
Laveda:

Are you okay? Why spending so much without any positive result ? undecided you should start thinking with your head already..

Forget how long you've been together and how serious he is, you'll be surprised he'll dump you for another bítch (maybe)

Put that money into some kinda productive business and grow financially even before service
Stop spending it on some Music shít undecided undecided

•Borrow some sense•
It is yielding positive result, but i dont except the result to come overnite. It is growing gradually. It is gradual process my sister. Tnks anyway
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
lekjons:
he is shameless!
Shameless by asking his gf for help? Would it be hounorable for him to steal or do drugs instead? He would help me if i was the one that needed help too

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by RoyalBlak007: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
follow ur head..

..not your heart....cos the head contains the Brain
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Laveda(f): 11:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:

It is yielding positive result, but i dont except the result to come overnite. It is growing gradually, he did a production with selebobo recently tho the song is not yet produced. It is gradual process my sister. Tnks anyway
Your responses...
You sound like you don't even need the advice more like you ready to spend more!!!

Invest in better things girl...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Owliver(m): 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
this is like investment.

you are investing your money now hoping when he makes it you'd be the wifey(yeah that's your interest). risky but could be lucrative if it goes as planned.

but I'll advise you have a open mind. help him but don't expect a return(ROI).. that way you don't risk being heart broken.

never be too sure

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by lekjons(m): 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:

Shameless by asking his gf for help? Would it be hounorable for him to steal or do drugs instead? He would help me if i was the one that needed help too
WTF?!

Then give him naangry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by vooyour(f): 11:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:

Thanks bae. I believe so much in him, his songs are on my playlist grin he has been getting numerous shows and getting a litle bit known in our state. U know all these struggling artist performs free most of the time just to keep gaining recognition cry I pray this year doesnt run out on him.
then support him love. it's an investment in both your futures. and even if he turns out to be a douchebag when he's rich and famous then you'll let karma deal with him
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by refiner(f): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
hnmmm....must u give him all d money he asked for?....why don't u give him just half of it so he can work for d oder remaining parts!.....

u av to save gal!...u don't know wat tomorrow might turn out to be!

u don't av to loose on both sides!....use ur brain gal!undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
Owliver:
this is like investment.

you are investing your money now hoping when he makes it you'd be the wifey(yeah that's your interest). risky but could be lucrative if it goes as planned.

but I'll advise you have a open mind. help him but don't expect a return(ROI).. that way you don't risk being heart broken.

never be too sure
I am not helping because i think we will marry. Marriage will come at the right time wether or not i help him
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Vision4God: 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
U are in d best position to answer. Our comments here should only guide u.

To answer ur question, watch out for some good traits in him dat indicates ur future is safe. If none, pls bcareful.

Check his attitude, character towards matters related to money and also urself.
Is he appreciative?

So many questions to ask but wud stop here.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Owliver(m): 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Juliusdaughter:

I am not helping because i think we will marry. Marriage will come at the right time wether or not i help him
so why create the thread? what are you scared of?
if you expect nothing why are you skeptical?

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by kunlesufyan(m): 11:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
Advice your guy to look for other means to fund his project...the sec u let his see you as an ATm,you won't achieve your goal...still encourage him in any little way u can while doing that work on yourself,save for that your bizness
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Juliusdaughter: 12:00am On Feb 28, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

U mumu pass my my bingo walahi!
Pls learn to bring out your point without insulting people. Your reply have not helped me in any way
Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by MoneypassGod(m): 12:08am On Feb 28, 2016
If he sincerely needs financial help and u can assist him then i dont see wot d fuss is about. Just make sure u have a plan B.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by missyadorable(f): 12:10am On Feb 28, 2016
Your boyfriend is surely spending your money with another babe(s) and will definitely dump you.

You are dull sha...giving a man your body and your money.Nonsense!

Watch out!He will soon show you "shege"...Naija man...he can't appreciate such gesture.He already sees u as stu.pid and desperate and must take advantage of you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Sponsor My Boyfriend Financially?? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 28, 2016
Juliusdaughter:

Pls learn to bring out your point without insulting people. Your reply have not helped me in any way
Lol ok can I get just 10k from you till next week. I already have a work, so u can be sure I'll pay back. We just have a salary delay. Shd I pm u 4 my acct details?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Crush Only Lasts For Four Months / (album Download#) Lana Del Rey Lust For Life Full. / Women Are Naturally Superior To Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.