Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday (44977 Views)

Help needed my computer hanged when writing my jamb yesterday / I Wrote JAMB yesterday. My Result is Totally Unacceptable / My Sweet Experience With Jamb Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by redcliff: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Psylas:
I don't know where to advise you to go and get common sense, Your reasoning is zero, because some students cheat and that's why JAMB should come up with faulty generators, systems?

if you insult me again I'll come for you

what is wrong with this generation? Can someone please quote me when they understand the message in my message. apparently, u silly jamb generation are too dumb to comprehend.. quote me when you have understood my message. I don't have time for your redundant comments...
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.

Truth
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
Damfostopper:
.... Wat is dis e_idiiots talking about.... Jamb started yesterday.... Registering earlier how?.... U even read d post at all?... Wasted 5min of my time quoting a slowpoke

Registering earlier gives u d opportunity to select states with beta ICT establishmebts

Imagine writing ur jamb in UNILAG
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by nogames: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sorry op, but where do we go as a country from here? It is time we all support and embrace open and distant learning system. Thank God for NOUN and DLI of other institution, let us embrace these programs and critizise contructively to bring best out of them not condemning or discriminate against them. With this our teaming youth will have options.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by nogames: 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
bet9jaguru:

Registering earlier gives u d opportunity to select states with beta ICT establishmebts

So you me that those in village should also come to Lagos because of JAMB?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
nogames:
So you me that in village should also come to Lagos because of JAMB?

My sister had to travel to mbaise from lagos to write jamb cus she registered late

So many others too
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Mustiboy(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
Psylas:
I don't know where to advise you to go and get common sense, Your reasoning is zero, because some students cheat and that's why JAMB should come up with faulty generators, systems?

if you insult me again I'll come for you
you're not comprehending his message bro. all he's saying is that if jambites hadn't been cheating, jamb would hav had no reason to introduce d more secure c.b.t. the c.b.t is here but it lacks efficiency. i'm sitting for mine on d 12th though,
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by nogames: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
bet9jaguru:

My sister had to travel to mbaise from lagos to write jamb cus she registered late

So many others too
is your sister from that place? Or just posted there
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Harmoneasy: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
Very sorry, i pray that in good times we will get it right..
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Bisiebae(f): 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
Without further ado, get more candidates who also suffered the plight, write a letter of complaints to the board Asap, or threaten to sue... its your right, don't dull urself.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by harsysky(m): 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
when you think of people who think with their buttocks, Jamb officials come to mind. They are bunch of fools for bringing out a means to kill people's joy the more.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by ericanex(f): 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.
I guess is being reshuffled I had little friend that registered earlier

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by datigbogirl: 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
repogirl:
This is probably the new system they are using to reduce the number of students admitted in schools.

Seriously, did the jamb officials vet these centres to know if they were capable of organising the examinations successfully?

Something has to be done about this! These kids are paying for someone else's foolishness and it's just not fair!

If i had my way none of my kids will study in ds country.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
nogames:
is your sister from that place? Or just posted there

My sis is born and breed in lag been to d east not more dan twice

Though my mum is from mbaise
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by akanji4good(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
Stop wasting time, obtain national open university form now.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
datigbogirl:

Naira done fall ooo and fees are on d rise

Nah made in ngeria dey reign now

Be wise
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by nogames: 9:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
bet9jaguru:

My sis is born and breed in lag been to d east not more dan twice
Though my mum is from mbaise
That is serious
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
nogames:
That is serious

Apart from d t-fair and time she will spend on d road cus its like a 10hr trip from lag to mbaise

Its always good to touch down on home
Soil jamb or no jamb

All am borderd abt is d quality of service over there

Like op stated above
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Damfostopper(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
bet9jaguru:

wat is dis one saying.... select state how?......one is from akwa ibom, how do u expect d person to choose Lagos just to write jamb.... Is dat not madness....

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
Damfostopper:
wat is dis one saying.... select state how?......one is from akwa ibom, how do u expect d person to choose Lagos just to write jamb.... Is dat not madness....

Madness?

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!

Bet9jaguru kicks Damfostopper into a pit grin
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
Damfostopper:

Madness is wen u are in and ICT disadvantaged state and choose to write jamb there and still come online to complain about epileptic service from jamb servers
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
There are some parts of Nigeria u go to and ur mtn line wont work

Those it mean mtn is not d best network undecided
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by GLOBALINF: 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
That is why I prefer student study abroad,
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Bishops10(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jazzygrafix:
MY BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH JAMB YESTERDAY

I happened to write Jamb yesterday in a school named Felicia and Barnabas School,Along Owerri-Aba Road, Ngor Okpala LGA, Imo State.
The exam which was scheduled to kick off by 11am, was first of all delayed due to substandard and un-inspected Desktop systems they had in this center. Also annoying was the fact that their snail-slow server refused to log us on till around 2pm when we finally did.

After some minutes of answering, the server auto-logged everyone out such that they had to ask us to leave the hall briefly. Later on, they asked that a group from numbers 1-100 should go and continue while the rest waited.

Their systems kept giving us issues and so did their servers that no one could answer for a successful 10-20 m so this continued till around 6:30 when the generator set shut itself down leaving people like myself with about 1:25hour remaining of my time and some others whose own systems have not displayed their questions nor their time till that moment.

The Gen set was serviced and underwent repairs for about 2hrs and then around 8:30pm the 2nd set were asked to go in while the 1st, not yet concluded should wait, but after some minutes of confusion we, the 1st set had to go and join them.

The servers came up with its issues and troubled for quite some minutes till around some minutes after 9pm when everyone was forcefully asked to conclude as we were all automatically logged off by the admin on the server room.

I share this experience because i know its going to affect our results and performances and a such beckon on all who have louder voices to help us get this issues to JAMB officials to consider our plight.

It was really nothing to write home about. In fact, I plead that CBT should be re-organized or scrapped.
God is still in the ministry of doing miracles,he has done it for me on a course I Answers not more than 12 questions out of 25 ..Not even sure of the 12 answered but by his grace, I got that course AB

F&B is along the road abi?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by datigbogirl: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
bet9jaguru:

Naira done fall ooo and fees are on d rise

Nah made in ngeria dey reign now

Be wise

You think i plan settling down in Naija with my statement? That's why i said if i had my way.

My way na to cut comot oh...
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by mexite: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
It pains my heart to see JAMB prepare an unleveled ground for students to play when it comes to UTME CBT. The truth is that the exam body's ineptitude will definitely cost some well prepared students because how could a candidate peform at his or her peak when factors beyond his or her control happen?
JAMB is not ready for full implementation of CBT exam, that's the bitter pill. The same rot that played out in the question leakages before exam day is also holding sway now. Who approved all these centers for exams? Students or JAMB? If JAMB, then is this far from the assumption that it is another ploy to deny some students admission into higher institutions? If we were in a saner climate, heads would have rolled for this continuous embarrassment and institutional ineffectuality.

My submission: JAMB must investigate this recurring failure on their part and compensate affected students with a resit, probably after the completion of the remaining schedules. Affected students must not pay for their laxity, lapses and pathetic preparation.

N.B: if you are an affected candidate, endeavour to post the concerned center to expose the shoddy showing.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by repogirl(f): 12:42am On Feb 29, 2016
datigbogirl:

I feel you, cos now, it seems luck has to be in one's favour before one can get admission. Its no longer about intellect.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by datigbogirl: 1:50am On Feb 29, 2016
repogirl:
I feel you, cos now, it seems luck has to be in one's favour before one can get admission. Its no longer about intellect.

As in serious luck oh....imagine ds poor dude prepping so hard for the exam only for technology issues to frustrate him.

We are an unserious country.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by linearity: 3:11am On Feb 29, 2016
redcliff:

Actually, Jamb is not the problem. The problem is students always looking for ways to cheat the system. If folks did not try to always cheat during exams, I dont think jamb would try to sophisticate anything because there is no need fixing an unbroken system. The system is just too bad where students dont even do anything anymore and the only thing they just want to do is cheat and pass their way through. Hence, the procedures Jamb has been taking over they years. One time, it was just general questions and answers for everybody and it was fine, later because the level of cheating and malpractice was just too high that they had to switch it to types. Students also beat that system, later it was changed and It would keep changing until the level of malpractice reduces which i think would not. This generation wants to be spoon fed everything. Even success!

an epic Non Answer and a clear example of a rambling comment that misses the point, enuff said.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by linearity: 3:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Bishops10:

God is still in the ministry of doing miracles,he has done it for me on a course I Answers not more than 12 questions out of 25 ..Not even sure of the 12 answered but by his grace, I got that course AB

F&B is along the road abi?

You were just lucky, statistically you have a 25% chance of picking the right answer in an example with four answer options.

Your chance of getting five right is 5%, which is not bad and to get all 12 right, your odds is about 2%, which is really really good, far better than the odds of winning N500 from Lagos lotto.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Bishops10(m): 8:31am On Feb 29, 2016
linearity:

You were just lucky, statistically you have a 25% chance of picking the right answer in an example with four answer options.

Your chance of getting five right is 5%, which is not bad and to get all 12 right, your odds is about 2%, which is really really good, far better than the odds of winning N500 from Lagos lotto.
Bro,it was just the Lord's doing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / Prove Dat 2รท10=2 / Agbami 2014 Has Started Awarding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.