Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday (44986 Views)

Help needed my computer hanged when writing my jamb yesterday / I Wrote JAMB yesterday. My Result is Totally Unacceptable / My Sweet Experience With Jamb Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Socketbet: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Chaiii....its well dear

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by druzor: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
jamb exam don start ?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by tayo200(m): 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
endtime CBT center.. come and test lautech CBT center..na one in town..

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by RobinHez(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.

Illogical statement there.

8 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by bid4rich(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.

What are you saying sef, how does that affect server? You think machines get respect?

Better forget abt registering early or late because what will be will be.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Vaabra01(f): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
sori op, I pray u will b favoured...

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
Ya village fifu don finally locate ya CBT centre..

MY ADVICE: Go beg dem

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by seacoast(m): 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Make una join me hiss for this nation.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by tottinova: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jazzygrafix:
MY BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH JAMB YESTERDAY

I happened to write Jamb yesterday in a school named Felicia and Barnabas School,Along Owerri-Aba Road, Ngor Okpala LGA, Imo State.
The exam which was scheduled to kick off by 11am, was first of all delayed due to substandard and un-inspected Desktop systems they had in this center. Also annoying was the fact that their snail-slow server refused to log us on till around 2pm when we finally did.

After some minutes of answering, the server auto-logged everyone out such that they had to ask us to leave the hall briefly. Later on, they asked that a group from numbers 1-100 should go and continue while the rest waited.

Their systems kept giving us issues and so did their servers that no one could answer for a successful 10-20 m so this continued till around 6:30 when the generator set shut itself down leaving people like myself with about 1:25hour remaining of my time and some others whose own systems have not displayed their questions nor their time till that moment.

The Gen set was serviced and underwent repairs for about 2hrs and then around 8:30pm the 2nd set were asked to go in while the 1st, not yet concluded should wait, but after some minutes of confusion we, the 1st set had to go and join them.

The servers came up with its issues and troubled for quite some minutes till around some minutes after 9pm when everyone was forcefully asked to conclude as we were all automatically logged off by the admin on the server room.

I share this experience because i know its going to affect our results and performances and a such beckon on all who have louder voices to help us get this issues to JAMB officials to consider our plight.

It was really nothing to write home about. In fact, I plead that CBT should be re-organized or scrapped.

Cbt practice can't work until the boko haram is defeated.

Wasting money on irrelevant things, something that paper will do without wahala.

Did they give you guys calculator
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by JaypeeAnics(m): 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
every year they increase d cost of jamb for
every year d num of applicants increases
every year d faults increases...one problem or d other.
every year they make block every means of admission, even post degree and diploma.
every year they make Nigerian youth stay at home doing nothing...
e no go beta 4 jamb....
ghana, Benin rep n yanke uni ti take over

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by tottinova: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:

Mumu
I'm sure you registered early, that's if you are even writing jamb.
What does late registration have to do with the computers, server and generator.
Lemme see what will happen the day you will write yours(thats if you're even writing)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by dguizman(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
Too bad.....I was also @ the faculty of engeneering yesterday on eksu campus where some students were also there for the exam,and I heared some students also complaining about the server.I called one of them to ask what was wrong and she was in tears claiming that each time she is about to submit,the system keeps shutting itself down.I felt for the poor girl,but that is the type of situation we find our self in this country..poor service provider,poor power supply,poor adminsitration..jamb that computer is suppose to be controlling that wants to control computer.
Take heart bro and wait patiently for next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by ibadanfinest(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
This is very bad, were those center not test runned; nawa o this jamb CBT exam worst o even last year was not as bad as this. I guess the centers should be limited to tertiary institutions and few centers in the city though it may take 1 month to conclude, I think that's better.

BTW this one that no light and fuel scarcity, some centers may not even conduct exams tomorrow, hope jamb has plan b.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by wandex08: 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
Adonis3:
G
what do you have to say this time?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Ashabam(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
I really feel for you brother, same thing happened to my younger brother last year... The result wasn't palatable at all.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by redcliff: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
gbz123:
Get a lawyer to write a formal letter of complain to JAMB for compensation. Don't allow this to go away as your future is at stake. The corporate corruption going on in JAMB must be stop. You paid for this exercise so u have every right to demand compensation. Time of impunity is over in Nigeria.

Actually, Jamb is not the problem. The problem is students always looking for ways to cheat the system. If folks did not try to always cheat during exams, I dont think jamb would try to sophisticate anything because there is no need fixing an unbroken system. The system is just too bad where students dont even do anything anymore and the only thing they just want to do is cheat and pass their way through. Hence, the procedures Jamb has been taking over they years. One time, it was just general questions and answers for everybody and it was fine, later because the level of cheating and malpractice was just too high that they had to switch it to types. Students also beat that system, later it was changed and It would keep changing until the level of malpractice reduces which i think would not. This generation wants to be spoon fed everything. Even success!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Education in Nigeria. A waste of time

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by johnoris(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Mine was @ AYOBO ipaja lagos Megida B/S New Ocean school.... Shud incase u r aving Exam der.... Mehn am still suffering 4rm d psycological. Trauma.....
Computer not responding, generator was unable 2 carry d loads, no ventilation we almost suffocated.....plus Hunger.... I did my Exam 5:40pm nd finished it 7:30pm.... Av not seen my result till now
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by PACHRIS(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Its too bad. CBT is Dibu personal business he started the mode of exam due to his personal greediness, that's why in the first and second year of the system Dibu is the owner of the of 98% of the CBT center that's y he scraped cafe owner from participating in the registration .....shame on greedy Dibu .... Pity on Nigerian student

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by gbz123: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
redcliff:

Actually, Jamb is not the problem. The problem is students always looking for ways to cheat the system. If folks did not try to always cheat during exams, I dont think jamb would try to sophisticate anything because there is no need fixing an unbroken system. The system is just too bad where students dont even do anything anymore and the only thing they just want to do is cheat and pass their way through. Hence, the procedures Jamb has been taking over they years. One time, it was just general questions and answers for everybody and it was fine, later because the level of cheating and malpractice was just too high that they had to switch it to types. Students also beat that system, later it was changed and It would keep changing until the level of malpractice reduces which i think would not. This generation wants to be spoon fed everything. Even success!

I am 100% in support of CBt. My issue here is the corrupt system in Jamb. A unit within JAMB made up of JAMB staffs went to this particular centre and certify them fit for this exercise, why should the innocent candidate(s) be made to suffer this way? Someone in JAMB has to pay for this inefficiency.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Tsongz(f): 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
PPT shima take over
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by zzzzy: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
gbz123:

I am 100% in support of CBT
i too support it, but there should be adequate preparations for it.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Johnny19: 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
300wayne:
Ours was supposed to start by 11am as well but due 2 power challenges and faulty system we wer delayed till 5pm and even d last batch wch I happened 2 b among started by 10pm and wrote 2ru 11pm it was a very bad experience.........
JAMB uses d CBT to curb exam malpractices.... unlike d PPT were examination malpractise is very rampant.
So sorry 4 u bro but I hope u wrote well
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by ahless(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Mine the center started late and they had power problem and we were told our exam has ended. The center name adam christain institute emevor delta state
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by gbz123: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
zzzzy:
i too support it, but there should be adequate preparations for it.

A process that started since August 2015 and yet candidates are meant to suffer unnecessarily. This the same system with INEC,the electoral body, that will have four years to prepare for an election only for us to discover on the morning of the election that there are no vehicles to transport voting material. Government Institutions in Nigeria are so inefficient that people need to start paying for their inefficiencies.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by sotadegrt(m): 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jazzygrafix:
MY BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH JAMB YESTERDAY

I happened to write Jamb yesterday in a school named Felicia and Barnabas School,Along Owerri-Aba Road, Ngor Okpala LGA, Imo State.
The exam which was scheduled to kick off by 11am, was first of all delayed due to substandard and un-inspected Desktop systems they had in this center. Also annoying was the fact that their snail-slow server refused to log us on till around 2pm when we finally did.

After some minutes of answering, the server auto-logged everyone out such that they had to ask us to leave the hall briefly. Later on, they asked that a group from numbers 1-100 should go and continue while the rest waited.

Their systems kept giving us issues and so did their servers that no one could answer for a successful 10-20 m so this continued till around 6:30 when the generator set shut itself down leaving people like myself with about 1:25hour remaining of my time and some others whose own systems have not displayed their questions nor their time till that moment.

The Gen set was serviced and underwent repairs for about 2hrs and then around 8:30pm the 2nd set were asked to go in while the 1st, not yet concluded should wait, but after some minutes of confusion we, the 1st set had to go and join them.

The servers came up with its issues and troubled for quite some minutes till around some minutes after 9pm when everyone was forcefully asked to conclude as we were all automatically logged off by the admin on the server room.

I share this experience because i know its going to affect our results and performances and a such beckon on all who have louder voices to help us get this issues to JAMB officials to consider our plight.

It was really nothing to write home about. In fact, I plead that CBT should be re-organized or scrapped.
did u write lit? If yes, pls help wit d recommended texts. Thanks
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by otokx(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
You guys should carry your protest to the National Assembly and perhaps the Supreme court.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by gbz123: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
macino1:
A lot still need to be done

The problem is with the JAMB leadership. Punish the JAMB leadership they will sit up by default.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Alejhandro:
So sori bro bt its an annual occurrence. Glad u have a platform as dis to expose their ineptitude in d area of conducting a CBT.

Feel ur pain knowing dat u knw dat u may rewrite d Xam next yr for no fault of urs. But all hope is not lost yet.

With this "next year" mentality of yours, this is why people write JAMB till age 35 and above. If i had known, i wouldnt have allowed myself to be used by JAMB the way it used untill i saw the light and freed myself.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Funkychic(f): 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
Femco2016:
its painful, but na so so laugh i just dey laugh.... Nigeria is not ripe for this system of examination.... I suggest rural areas should use paper pencil while the urban CBT.... During my time i used paper pencil,and had all the times to answer and cross checked my answers before submitting. Paper pencil is the best for now.

Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olosunde Aderonke Oyindamola Who Did Project Work On 'Jenifa's Diary English' / Agbami 2014 Has Started Awarding / Cowbellpedia 2019: Shocker! As Oluwafemi Adeyanju Takes An Early Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.