Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38251 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ezeebube2(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
phemmyutd:

are these new built roads or repaired road? go back to the question and answer properly

I'm very sure of the Von Machok road which was awarded by Obasanjo bt work never commenced till GEJ came in and ordered work to start. It was started and finished by GEJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
[quote author=fio post=43391962][/quote] .and now I knew what wailer is,,thanks to Google,, so anyone not supporting Apc or buhari is wailer, and most igbo are wailer,,,, lame idea I ever heard,,, Apc is the real wailer,, if that should be the case,, they wail too much,,, to the extent that the world think Nigeria will blow up,, British and America somehow instilled fear in goodluck mind to secure there interest,, and he gave up, handed over the government to the league of greatest wailers ever created,, now they have the government and they cannot handle it always confused,,, and there angry fellow youth who voted them to government instead of wailing to there leaders who con them, there are ashamed of it and diverting there shamefulness and mistakes to PDP supporters, to the extent if u disagree with Apc u are Ippod, iPad or militant, now that I'm not militant and only miles from buhari home town to ours, What am I?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ikology(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
mynd1:
sadist. Internet give wretch things like u an opportunity to talk to people like us abi?. Anyway,I can feel how miserable ur life is but I am not responsible for that. As I said before,go sort ur useless self out. Cheers!

Since I started seeing your moniker, all I see is a dull and slow Aishafasat.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by otil1: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
fortune1968:
Do you understand the meaning of the word -built or build ?

Many new roads were built my people.

If it will help, a visit to FERMA will provide a lot more.

There were many brand new constitutional projects of the Federal Govt. Including Udi-Amokwe-Obeleagu road, Obinofia-Umumba-Umana-Ebenebe Road; all by Ogbuefi Ozomgbachi, House of Rep Member for Udi Ezeagu Federal Constituency. Many more at Mpu-Uburu-Ohaozara.

I have a cousin that works at FERMA and he expressly told me that our VP goofed big time in that unresearched statement. But later said that it was same VP that posted a picture of a massive church crusade as his rally. That such a man lacks credibility.

Howbeit, the Question dear people is "is it new roads that Nigerians need or good pliable roads?

I personally careless about NEW road. I want GOOD roads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Kenobus: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Wrong answer, try to read and comprehend
when redesigned an old road, dualise it; it is news. Nigeria has grown beyond just starting new roads! Osibanjo is a liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by TamedWolf90: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
PAINGAIN:
u mean like carving through a forest to construct a road where there was nothing before?
abeg help me ask the fool...
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by greatiyk4u(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was started talkless of completing,, I will go to Twitter and challenge that,,,, #lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.

Off point
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by exwizzy90(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Onitsha/Owerri road is never a new road, but a lot of work has been done on it as it is near completion.
PAINGAIN:
any pathway is a road. There was a complete overhaul of onitsha/owerri road. With the way it was and the way it is now, it is a complete new road to all of us.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Liljeez(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was started talkless of completing,, I will go to Twitter and challenge that,,,, #lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.
we know u hate APC dat much...truth is u can open a thread to rant abt ur dislike for them...

But at least try giving us an answer to the question...
If deres any??
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Kenobus: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
With all the newly dually roads- Ibadan-Ilorin, Abaji-Lokojo, Onitsha-Owerri; Enugu-Abakaliki; Kano-Maiduguri etc. Has Apc started anyone? The Benin bye pass was started and finished. There was no road there.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by greatiyk4u(m): 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)

According 2 Soren Kierkegaard, there are 2 ways to be fooled,one is to believe wat is not true, the oda is to refuse to accept what is true.

Just swallow ur pride and accept what APC said.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by greatiyk4u(m): 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

According 2 Soren Kierkegaard, there are 2 ways to be fooled,one is to believe wat is not true, the oda is to refuse to accept what is true.

Just swallow ur pride and accept what APC said.
Onitsha owerri road was started 4 over 14years now.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Kenobus: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
mynd1:
Gbam! Where r wailing Zombies when u need them most? angry
With all the newly dualised roads- Ibadan-Ilorin, Abaji-Lokojo, Onitsha-Owerri; Enugu-Abakaliki; Kano-Maiduguri etc. Has Apc started anyone? The Benin Bye pass that cuts off Benin City was started and completed from scratch!
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Liljeez(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
So u dont understand the difference between construction of a new road and rehabilitation of an existing road abi??

Be dere forming smart.....
smh
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by modath(f): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu

Hello, Like I told someone yesterday, I don't know anything about any of the roads save for the Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja road that my family & I have been plying since the late 90s even before Obasanjo's regime...

I'm calling God as a witness in this, but that road's rehab & dualization was started by [bobasanjo[/b],continued by yar adua & Jona, it is still uncompleted & a nightmare during the festive seasons.

Kindly take a confirmatory tour before sticking out your neck... peace. smiley
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by gabriel74: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
nesta007:

Apc never use one year and for ur info them never pass this year budget. #Wailer

soon all we will say is APC never use 4 yrs yet.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by TheAdvocate(m): 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

Yes my brother. Vom-Manchok road. Superb road in Plateau state by my mum's village.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Kennydoc(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions. The 11 roads you mentioned above all existed before 2006.

Ezenwammadu, I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person that should know the meaning of the word 'NEW'?

Now I do not have full info on the current conditions of all the REPAIRED roads you mentioned but at least I know the condition of the following which concern me:
- GEJ did not start the East-West Rd and he did not finish it. The road is still a long way from being completed.
- GEJ did not start the Abuja-Lokoja Rd and he did not finish it. A large chunk of the road is yet to be completed.
- GEJ did not start the Onitsha-Owerri road project, 95% of that project was completed under OBJ, GEJ only completed about 5% of the job and commissioned it.

I do not understand how or why these roads are being mentioned as NEW roads, these are roads that all existed before I was born. Even in terms of repairing the roads, GEJ only did portions, he didn't start and he didnt finish the jobs. So how these roads are CONSTANTLY being mentioned as GEJ's sole achievements completely beats my imagination.

Guy, why the focus on GEJ? The spokesman asked for new roads started and completed in the last 10 years. Was GEJ in power for 10 years? I don't understand this undue hatred for the man.

Now to the question, why are you guys fixated on NEW roads? Are we really in dire need of new roads in this country or repairs and maintenance of the existing roads?

If anybody wants to judge a government by construction of new roads, then Lagos will be one of the worst performing states, as construction of new roads in Lagos is nearly impossible, save for bridges and flyovers.

Are you aware that to repair some existing roads, it costs over 80-90% of the amount it takes to construct brand new roads, especially when a complete overhaul of the road is done.

Now can you point to me the routes in Nigeria where there are urgent needs for brand new federal roads.

You guys should stop playing unnecessary politics with this road construction issue. Repair and maintenance of the existing federal roads is more important than constructing new ones, while the existing ones are in a bad shape.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by abacus(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
greatest31:
Please we should not forget that things are hard now, my contribution is that buhari should swallow pride and call these igbo people to help restructure our economy.

They are:
Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala
Peter Obi
Charles Soludo.
Emeka Anyaoku.

Let's save our country first and forget party.
Nigeria is bigger than any party.

We don't send those names in Nigeria.

Are these your gods?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by dannewlife(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
The onitsha Owerri Rd.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Duru009(m): 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
Which one has buhari done in the last 8months.......

Nonsense
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by urshawmoore(m): 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

So, for your mind now, these ROADS were constructed from the scratch within the last 10 years, abi? Smh!

Pls, go back to the tweet for better understanding.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by nickxtra(m): 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
i know of one road- the once mountanous and bad road leading to my home town, Okpekpe, was started by Gov. Oshiomhole in 2010 and beautifully constructed and completed in 2013. And now, the road hosts an annual International 10km race.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by meforyou1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
Abuja-Keffi Road
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
Liljeez:
we know u hate APC dat much...truth is u can open a thread to rant abt ur dislike for them...

But at least try giving us an answer to the question...
If deres any??
propaganda question need question not answer

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by meforyou1(m): 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
urshawmoore:

So, for your mind now, these ROADS were constructed from the scratch within the last 10 years, abi? Smh!

Pls, go back to the tweet for better understanding.
how do u start Road from from scratch? Start cutting trees and constructing roads from scratch rather than reconstructing existing bad ones?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by phreakabit(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
ZubbyGodson:
Osinbajo it's too early to start devaluing ur reputation.......
Have APC accomplished any of their promises?

[size=18pt]He already has the reputation of a liar mate![/size]
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
YOU MUST BE THINKING WITH YOUR ANUS.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by ubah84(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
apc promise to fight corruption and they are doing it well
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by ericmor: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
aresa:

Dis one don fail WAEC...

Lmao. Guy u funny o
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
Kennydoc:

Guy, why the focus on GEJ? The spokesman asked for new roads started and completed in the last 10 years. Was GEJ in power for 10 years? I don't understand this undue hatred for the man.

Now to the question, why are you guys fixated on NEW roads? Are we really in dire need of new roads in this country or repairs and maintenance of the existing roads?

If anybody wants to judge a government by construction of new roads, then Lagos will be one of the worst performing states, as construction of new roads in Lagos is nearly impossible, save for bridges and flyovers.

Are you aware that to repair some existing roads, it costs over 80-90% of the amount it takes to construct brand new roads, especially when a complete overhaul of the road is done.

Now can you point to me the routes in Nigeria where there are urgent needs for brand new federal roads.

You guys should stop playing unnecessary politics with this road construction issue. Repair and maintenance of the existing federal roads is more important than constructing new ones, while the existing ones are in a bad shape.
Firstly, whether you agree or not is a story for another day, but the person I quoted was referring to GEJ, hence the focus on him. It is not also news that 99.9% of the attacks on the VP are from individuals sympathetic to GEJ, so please let's not deceive ourselves by feigning ignorance of why GEJ's name is mentioned here. I don't hate GEJ, he tried his best even though his best was appalling. What I dont like is the constant deceit of his supporters and that's what I usually attack, not GEJ himself.

Now why the focus on 'new' roads? The focus on 'new' roads is simply because the innocent mention of 'new' elicited these entire conversations. The importance of new roads are well documented, don't try to downplay the importance of new roads linking up new cities and creating short-cuts to bypass high traffic routes (the benin bypass is an example of a new road and the 2nd niger bridge is also a new route whose importance should never be downplayed).

Similarly, the priority given to fixing of old dilapidated roads over building of new ones is also well acknowledged and appreciated (I am not a dunce not to know this). However if this point was used as an argument, it would have been a more sensible approach and this matter wouldn't have lingered beyond 24 hours. However when not-too-smart impulsive defenders jump in, label the poor VP a liar, a fake pastor and call for his head, then that is exactly the sort of poor response which leads to all these needless debates over semantics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video) / Timipre Sylva's Convoy Obeying Traffic Light As He Arrives Yenagoa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.