Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38249 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nellybii:

Why don't you work on your basic kindergarten knowledge of present tense and past tense before coming here to post trash?. Or better still, you can post in your local dialect like Olajumoke Mumu dey smell.
Hahhahahaha, professor in literature, I'm not behind ur suffering, I don't like it either, pride mix with poverty, is too much for u I know, just pray don't be aggressive and arrogant old man, please.. an advice from a kindergarten.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dahveydson:

It's laughable how you choose to turn to fallacy and avoid giving any valuable points on the topic at hand.

You've already been manipulated if you cannot objectively look at an issue and refrain from spewing ignorance.

Learn to tackle the argument than the arguer.

Cheers
ofcos i dnt expect you to get any grasp of what i wrote up there,print it and laminate it, 10 yrs time it will make more sense.
Now go play with ur mates.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Rexyl(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
probably previous administrations didn't complete any road project during the last ten years OR the current government has been finding it difficult to know how and where to start, thus complicating issues.

Whatever might be ongoing they should try to complete the construction Lagos-Ibadan ten lanes and the remaining part of Ibadan-Ilorin 4 lane project.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Angeltoyo:
Answer dis 1st.
answer what? I don't even take it as question as some trying to answer, I know propaganda statements when I see one, doh I'm young and female I was born into politics..
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If you are not ready to answer my question be still! Cos u guys are only good in blaming Pdp,without saying what Apc has done differently,you think 9months is too small to start working? We are watching!
Answer your own question first, you were asked first. And by the way, he was HOS for 18months not 3 years.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
babafirst:
Thats exactly what we are saying,the roads were not 'demolished'.Now to answer your question directly,if I demolish the house at number one wailing street the house remains the house at number one wailing street.And to further answer your question, your example of house demolition cannot suffice here because the initiative of a new road ,a new part does not rest with the man that 'renovated' the road.
Then what would you call a rd that use to be a single carriageway and now turned into a double carriage way or better still dualized
I think we are missing the point here.The fact is the benin lagos rd would always be benin lagos rd, the only new thing that can occur is to dig up the old rd and re do it.back in them days road underlay where red sand,now its sharp sand and cement plus stone mixture as in teh case of teh east west rd,these rd would last longer.No I cannot account for all rd listed here but the few I have gone fru.I challenge any body to tell me the state of Sapele to bayelsa part of the east west rd.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
If new roads aren't necessary (as you both claim), then I suppose the construction of the 2nd niger bridge and Onitsha bypass roads is a silly idea and this project should be scrapped while the FG focusses on rehabilitating only old roads?
Guy you just shot urself in the leg, the 1st niger bridge and the 2nd Niger bridge are both called Niger bridge(Last time one APC candidate said it doesn't exist),According to you lot they are the same abi?so one might be going the other might be coming,whats teh difference between this and dualization? cos from last I checked someone said dualization doesn't necessary mean new rds built.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by nigerianvenom(m): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
doctokwus:

People are talking of 10yrs,u are talking of 9months.
Are u ok at all?

Who are the "people"?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by inijust: 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Laolu Akande,His "greenhorn" boss and their visionless party are all jokers. Even if their statement is true ,must a road be entirely new to have impact on the suffering masses? Should what pres goodluck did or didnt be their focus?
Can we hear more about your vision for roads and how much of that youve implemented so far.
lets dwell on
solutions rather than problems.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nellybii:

Why don't you work on your basic kindergarten knowledge of present tense and past tense before coming here to post trash?. Or better still, you can post in your local dialect like Olajumoke Mumu dey smell.
You're not matured. Maybe cos you were delivered prematurely (5months old), no wonder you have an epileptic failing brain, this is the wrong hour cos it occurs 5hrs everyday.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Well I get your point however they are the FG, what was the relevance for the first statement by the VP, to waht aim?He should stop defending their inaction with the bad of the past FG,the field is now open for them to initiate their plans,that is of they have any cos from waht I see, they are more confused than the previous FG.if you look back in history, which Fg started brand new rds and finished the said rd? The FG should know that government should be continuous not stop at where the past one stopped,in my book both the statement of teh Vp and his spoke person are meaningless and bears no meaningful promise to the good people of teh federal republic of Nigeria.
I have no idea what prompted the statement by the VP. But attacking his motive or defending the priority given to fixing old roads over building new ones should have been the a more mature response, not labelling him a liar. The statement of his spokesperson is obviously in response to the backlash.

As for their inaction, I'm sure you would agree with me that a man who fails to plan is a man who has planned to fail. They still have 3 years to redeem themselves and not fall the hands of their supporters.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by mynd1(f): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Another gwaro chewing sympatizer, what a loada Craaaaap.So the question is now *about Completed rd projects,I thought he did not start any at all/ ****
So now we agree he did start so me,
Bunch of cattle rearers,U are indeed doomed in ur quest for the support of this certificateless president.
It's better to be a cattle rearer than a drug dealer and ritualist . Hatred is written all over ur ugly face. Go sort urself out n thank me later. Mtcheww.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by amtaken(f): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
The ones in Akwa Ibom State alone are up to 30.

erico2k2:

They dont know,I asked someone here if they forgot state govt where mandated by teh FG to build then Bill the FG, Nop they 4got that,typical zombies and rice eaters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by blackboy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Okene kogi bypass completed but waiting for commissioning

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Guy you just shot urself in the leg, the 1st niger bridge and the 2nd Niger bridge are both called Niger bridge(Last time one APC candidate said it doesn't exist),According to you lot they are the same abi?so one might be going the other might be coming,whats teh difference between this and dualization? cos from last I checked someone said dualization doesn't necessary mean new rds built.
Nope, the 2 bridges are different and in different locations with different access roads. The 2nd niger bridge is an example of a new road, but GEJ failed to impress with that.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by charly4tex(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)

Dear please, remove 2 n 9 East - West Road, that road is more than 20yrs, up till now is not completed, I live along there.
I believe d problem we have in Government, is d issue of continuity.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by zelus4love: 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
Benin - Onitsha Byepass inclusive. This Administration will surpass the formal. God bless 9ja
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ikology(m): 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
mynd1:
It's better to be a cattle rearer than a drug dealer and ritualist . Hatred is written all over ur ugly face. Go sort urself out n thank me later. Mtcheww.

Continue to dance unclad in Nairaland.
You will soon be played

Kunu seller
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
Nope, the 2 bridges are different and in different locations with different access roads. The 2nd niger bridge is an example of a new road, but GEJ failed to impress with that.
plz what is the location of the 2nd Bridge and what states do both link, so i know we are same page .waiting angry angry
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by phreakabit(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was started talkless of completing,, I will go to Twitter and challenge that,,,, #lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.

RFLAMO! Now thats a reply worthy of being quoted.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Osinbajo it's too early to start devaluing ur reputation....... Have APC accomplished any of their promises?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

plz what is the location of the 2nd Bridge and what states do both link, so i know we are same page .waiting angry angry
So because two roads fall in the same state or go over the same river or link 2 states, then the roads are therefore the same?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by mynd1(f): 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ikology:

Continue to dance unclad in Nairaland.
You will soon be played

Kunu seller
Continue to show ur foolishness here. U will soon be jail for what u n ur likes know how to do best.

DRUG DEALER.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
charly4tex:

Dear please, remove 2 n 9 East - West Road, that road is more than 20yrs, up till now is not completed, I live along there.
I believe d problem we have in Government, is d issue of continuity.
guy no vex oh, but what part of the east west rd are yu at?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
nusirat:

That is reason why most student fails WASC, you can distinguish between repaired and newly built, plus grow up.
Maybe until u see one completed road project in ur remote village den u'll believe. He failed WASC, but ur Presido no attempt am. That is why the economy is collapsing.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by engronwe22: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
Enugu- Abakaliki Road
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
So because two roads fall in the same state or go over the same river or link 2 states, then the roads are therefore the same?
Not at all Sir, I want to know if you truely know the locations of both bridge and you aint guessing,cos from ur last statement you said they are not in same location.So I repeat myself,waht location then?

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by babafirst(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Then what would you call a rd that use to be a single carriageway and now turned into a double carriage way or better still dualized
I think we are missing the point here.The fact is the benin lagos rd would always be benin lagos rd, the only new thing that can occur is to dig up the old rd and re do it.back in them days road underlay where red sand,now its sharp sand and cement plus stone mixture as in teh case of teh east west rd,these rd would last longer.No I cannot account for all rd listed here but the few I have gone fru.I challenge any body to tell me the state of Sapele to bayelsa part of the east west rd.
Before we go into new or old roads again lets look at some of the purposes/advantages of constructing roads.1. Facilitates and opens up commerce .2. Reduces traffic gridlock(although dualisation partially helps with this but does not provide an alternative)3. Reduces travel time especially if the existing road was constructed at a time when technology was not in existence to charge through obstacles that could have made the road shorter. My point is that the fact that I demolished a storey building to construct a two story building on wailers street to rent out does not mean the residents of Zombie street,a different street altogether have been taken care of.New roads open up places.Finally,I want to commend PDP for actually renovating or dualising some of these roads,accidents have reduced seriously but while renovating 30 roads they could have completed atleast 5 new ones.New roads have a way of opening new horizons.The mere fact that they started the construction of new roads but did not complete them means they realized the importance of new roads.The point however remains no new roads,no new routes,no new horizons.Hope I didn't bore you?lol.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by olusola2bello: 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
The way you guys fight over APC and PDP, one wonders if you are paid to do so, many of you are looking for jobs or better jobs, some hustling for daily bread, rather than network and see how to better your lives, you insult yourselves. Yes, the PDP had a very poor record in governance, but after 9 months in power, its time for the APC to stop the blaming and get down to work. I voted APC because I wanted change...time for us to start reaping the benefits. #wailersstopwailing #ApcStartDeliveringChange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
dustydee:

this one is still uncompleted. It was supposed to have a bridge over river Niger to Kwara state. I don't know about the others.
Yes sir, the only one u know is the uncompleted one. Liar
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
mynd1:
from what I have read in the news, I can boast that I'm not from any of the group of Nigerians who indulge in any of teh vices listed by you BUT YOU ARE FROM ONE OF THEM.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ikology(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
mynd1:
Continue to show ur foolishness here. U will soon be jail for what u n ur likes know how to do best.

DRUG DEALER.

Your biasness and zombismm is glaring
I am not marvelled at your dumbness
Go n satisfy your uncircumcised cattles.
Nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / Did ‘International Community’ Threaten Supreme Court Justices On Imo? / El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.