Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38253 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by phydell(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
For where? Na you complete them??
When last did you travel on those roads. Smh
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ikology(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2010/11/08/ekweremadu-flags-off-n15bn-road-project/

Ekweremadu Flags Off N15bn Road Project

Posted by admin on Nov 8th, 2010 and filed under South East. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

A N15 billion road project has been flagged –off at Mpu, in Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State, by the Deputy President of the Senate, Chief Ike Ekweremadu, with a call on his fellow lawmakers from the state in the National Assembly to come together and work as a team in order to serve the people better than what is obtainable at the moment.

Chief Ekweremadu said that the call had become necessary in order to better the lots of the people of the state adding that “I believe all of us working together as members of one family we will continue to serve our people much better”.

The Road Project , Oji – Achi –Obeagu – Mmaku – Awgu – Ndeaboh – Mpu – Okpanku – Ogidi, is being executed by SETRACO Nig. Ltd, while the contract was awarded by the Federal Ministry of Works, Housing and Urban Development, Abuja , and it is expected to be completed in 24 Months.

The road which has 5 bridges which were destroyed during the Nigerian Civil War, 42 years ago, also leads to Akaeze in Ebonyi state, and when completed would go a long way in helping the people of the area who are predominantly farmers to evacuate their farm produce not only to the urban areas of the state, but to neighbouring sister states like Abia and Ebonyi .

According to Chief Ekweremadu, presidential candidates, senators, local government chairmen, governorship aspirants, House of Assembly members , among others had at one time or another in the past promised to do the road and the bridges, but never did. He expressed happiness that “ today we are opportune to be part of the generation that have this accomplished”.

Senator Ekweremadu further said: “As a young man growing up, I have had cause to attend political rallies where promises were made that they would do this road and the bridges, but all the hopes were dashed . Budget after budget since 1970, the government of the then Anambra state had included this road in their various budgets and appropriation act . But like other promises they never came through”, he also stressed.

He, therefore, used the occasion to thank the Federal Government , especially “Mr. President , Dr Goodluck Jonathan , who had made this possible. So on behalf of the communities and all other people that will use this road , I want to appreciate Mr. President for harkening our voice by making this possible”.

While thanking friends of his community in the Senate and House of Representatives, and all those who offered all kinds of prayers to make the award of the road contract possible, Chief Ekweremadu , equally praised his people for waiting patiently for 42 years, adding “I think there is a new dawn. We are witnessing something new and it will be sustained in Jesus name”, he further prayed.

Chief Ekweremadu, however, urged the contractors handling the project to endeavour to complete the job earlier than the scheduled time.

The high point of the occasion which attracted many important personalities including some members of the Enugu and Ebonyi states Houses of Assembly, religious leaders, traditional rulers, among others, was the driving by senator Ekweremadu,to the admiration of the large crowd of people present, of one of the heavy earth-moving equipment already assembled in their numbers by the contractor handling the job.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by rusher14: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
echomog1:
The question is.....did you allow him to complete his 8yrs in office?

Quote of the day.

grin
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by nusirat(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

That is reason why most student fails WASC, you can distinguish between repaired and newly built, plus grow up.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
babafirst:
I dey Ore now,I dey ask agberos whether another new road dey from Ore to Benin apart from the one wey dem renovate and the agberos dey look me like kidnapper.
the house you live now if you demolish it and build another one, would you call it new one or renovated one?
@nusirat same question for you as well,
My take leaves these politicians, they are all the same APC+PDP nothing new

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by dustydee: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Construction of Kankara Gurbi road

Construction of the Loko – Oweto Bridge linking Nasarawa and Benue States

Construction of Bida – Sacci – Nupeko Road

Construction of Oju – Obussa – Ainu Road

Construction of Jarmai – Bashar road

Construction of Jalingo – Kuna Lau Road (Section II)

Construction of Gombe – By Pass Road

Reconstruction of Benin – Abraka phase I
this one is still uncompleted. It was supposed to have a bridge over river Niger to Kwara state. I don't know about the others.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by mayweather2020: 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
Your reasoning from your Anus..Ewu nmadu..Is that newly built roads?Go school u no gree go na amaka and adanma u dey find up and and down..will report u to ur papa.wasteful product of ipods..
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ikology(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ikology:
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2010/11/08/ekweremadu-flags-off-n15bn-road-project/

Ekweremadu Flags Off N15bn Road Project

Posted by admin on Nov 8th, 2010 and filed under South East. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

A N15 billion road project has been flagged –off at Mpu, in Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State, by the Deputy President of the Senate, Chief Ike Ekweremadu, with a call on his fellow lawmakers from the state in the National Assembly to come together and work as a team in order to serve the people better than what is obtainable at the moment.

Chief Ekweremadu said that the call had become necessary in order to better the lots of the people of the state adding that “I believe all of us working together as members of one family we will continue to serve our people much better”.

The Road Project , Oji – Achi –Obeagu – Mmaku – Awgu – Ndeaboh – Mpu – Okpanku – Ogidi, is being executed by SETRACO Nig. Ltd, while the contract was awarded by the Federal Ministry of Works, Housing and Urban Development, Abuja , and it is expected to be completed in 24 Months.

The road which has 5 bridges which were destroyed during the Nigerian Civil War, 42 years ago, also leads to Akaeze in Ebonyi state, and when completed would go a long way in helping the people of the area who are predominantly farmers to evacuate their farm produce not only to the urban areas of the state, but to neighbouring sister states like Abia and Ebonyi .

According to Chief Ekweremadu, presidential candidates, senators, local government chairmen, governorship aspirants, House of Assembly members , among others had at one time or another in the past promised to do the road and the bridges, but never did. He expressed happiness that “ today we are opportune to be part of the generation that have this accomplished”.

Senator Ekweremadu further said: “As a young man growing up, I have had cause to attend political rallies where promises were made that they would do this road and the bridges, but all the hopes were dashed . Budget after budget since 1970, the government of the then Anambra state had included this road in their various budgets and appropriation act . But like other promises they never came through”, he also stressed.

He, therefore, used the occasion to thank the Federal Government , especially “Mr. President , Dr Goodluck Jonathan , who had made this possible. So on behalf of the communities and all other people that will use this road , I want to appreciate Mr. President for harkening our voice by making this possible”.

While thanking friends of his community in the Senate and House of Representatives, and all those who offered all kinds of prayers to make the award of the road contract possible, Chief Ekweremadu , equally praised his people for waiting patiently for 42 years, adding “I think there is a new dawn. We are witnessing something new and it will be sustained in Jesus name”, he further prayed.

Chief Ekweremadu, however, urged the contractors handling the project to endeavour to complete the job earlier than the scheduled time.

The high point of the occasion which attracted many important personalities including some members of the Enugu and Ebonyi states Houses of Assembly, religious leaders, traditional rulers, among others, was the driving by senator Ekweremadu,to the admiration of the large crowd of people present, of one of the heavy earth-moving equipment already assembled in their numbers by the contractor handling the job.

Road links Anambra Enugu and Ebonyi State.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by rusher14: 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
dokiOloye:
Enugu to Abakaliki in Ebonyi road.
Abakaliki to Ogoja in Cross River state road.
D only section that remains uncompleted in d Enugu to Abakaliki road is a short section near Abakaliki town where d state govt demanded should be left cos they want to dualise d road.
Abakaliki to Ogoja is 100% completed.
So also is Onitsha to Owerri road.

Yahe.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by baralatie(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
gunuvi:

I will only respond to you because you are polite with your response too. New roads is not something anyone should speak of but how to improve on existing roads. Federal governments everywhere hardly construct new roads, it is the state and local governments that identifies new roads and construct such but not the central government. What the vice president said was uncalled for and should not be celebrated by anyone. This is 2016 and people needs better directions and wants to have evidence for it. Shalom
well said

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by martineinstein(m): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
goodguygonebad:
No be GEJ fault say the road spoil na. But for you to say the road wasn't completed is the highest level of irresponsibility to the out gone government.

the road was commissioned half way. Even gej admitted it.. He called it phase one.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by goodguygonebad: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
All the people asking for NEW road to be built. I ask a simple question. Why would I build a new road leading to nowhere? Is there any road/surface linking two locations falling under the purview of the federal government that doesn't have an existing road linking them? If yes, then we can castigate them saying they never built any road.

I will ask all those asking for new roads to answer this question once again. Will you just begin to build new roads that lead to nowhere? Seriously?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
nesta007:
Many Nigerians disagreed when Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said that the Federal government in the last 10 years have not constructed a single road in the last 10 years. His spokesperson, Laolu Akande, has asked Nigerians to name road projects completed by the past administrations in the last 10yrs.

https://twitter.com/akandeoj/status/704376128442658817?lang=en
How can we name them when the people your trying to protect are currently the foundation and majority in your party. You're not a very smart spokesman my friend. Am actually refering to Osinbajo's spokesman, not you op yeah.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dee60:
It reminds me of the man who bought TOKUNBO range rover and covered the seats with nylon to try to prove to his uncle that the car was new. On getting to his uncle, he was shocked to realize it was his uncle's car that was stolen that the foolish young guy went to purchase in Cotonou! The car was only repainted and re-sold as Tokunbo!

Mr O, please help Nigerians to identify any NEW road that your bosses started and completed. And please dont mention again that you went to XYZ College if you cannot distinguish between OLD and NEW!
You've been given list of road projects that were started and completed, i know that you're not conversant with those states and locations cos u've never travelled out of your state b4. Just call your LGA Chairman nd tell him to present the list to Mr Osibande/Osibanjo.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dee60:
It reminds me of the man who bought TOKUNBO range rover and covered the seats with nylon to try to prove to his uncle that the car was new. On getting to his uncle, he was shocked to realize it was his uncle's car that was stolen that the foolish young guy went to purchase in Cotonou! The car was only repainted and re-sold as Tokunbo!

Mr O, please help Nigerians to identify any NEW road that your bosses started and completed. And please dont mention again that you went to XYZ College if you cannot distinguish between OLD and NEW!
You've been given list of road projects that were started and completed, i know that you're not conversant with those states and locations cos u've never travelled out of your state b4 as a local Champion. Just call your LGA Chairman nd tell him to present the list to Mr Osibande/Osibanjo.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by nurish(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
Haaaaa!!!!! Ilesha-akure expressway nw. ( 66klms )
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by baralatie(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

the house you live now if you demolish it and build another one, would you call it new one or renovated one?
@nusirat same question for you as well,
My take leaves these politicians, they are all the same APC+PDP nothing new
cc:osinbajo and co

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Malita156(f): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
codedguy1:

Why start building new roads when the ones available that can practically link 80- 90% of comunities, towns and cities need rehabilitation.

So govt should start bulldozing trees and constructing new bridges from lagos to ibadan when the existing road can be expanded.

If Osinbajo was querrying the amount of rehabiltated roads and claims that they were not enough compared with the 10yr span, I can understand, but he knew he would not get anywhere with that accusation especially when fashola has a contrary view.

Let Osinbajo name where we need a new road and let's see if venturing into that will make sense.

Most places are usually connected and just need rehabilitation, expansion of the road and where necessary divert the road or build a bridge to connect two communities.

Well said!

Existing roads are sufficient and would serve if rehabilitated or expanded and the money which would have been used for new roads channelled to other sectors, power, health, agriculture, tourism. That is a more economical and wise approach. There are many road in need of rehabilitation, fix them!

Its like a man with a faulty generator spending 100,000 Naira to buy a brand new generator when 5,000 Naira can fix his existing generator and make it serve perfectly.

They should get to work and stop playing the blame game, at the end of the day, its still the poor masses that suffer it.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

You are still following these thieves thinking the mean any good right? Cant you see they have changed stance? moved the goal post in the middle of the game?
Now with his statement he is tell us rds where built but not completed.
was that the stance of the VP few days ago??
VP says no new rd was built
VP's spoke person says No built rds where completed
So who is fooling who?

Whether they mean any good is not the issue here, the VP simply said no NEW FG roads were built in 10 years (a fact). GEJ supporters took it personal, labelled the VP a liar and rained countless insults at him. The VP has now responded through his spokesman by politely asking those labelling him a liar to kindly mention the names of the new roads.

FYI, the VP and his spokesman have said exactly the same thing, don't rely on the title of this thread or on comments you read online. Here's the direct tweet from the spokesman below.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3452242_vp_png49928d4bb7aa374ea01de0ee0fcb2888

And yeah, just starting a project is clearly different from 'starting and progressing to significant level.' It is also different from completing, else the VP can be termed a liar because GEJ kick-started the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge and onitsha bypass road (which is obviously a 'NEW' road).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Angeltoyo(f): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
Answer dis 1st.
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was started talkless of completing,, I will go to Twitter and challenge that,,,, #lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tico1212(m): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
Una just dey argue any how, new road completed or not... i still carry yansh for GEJ led govt at least the maintenance/ continuity culture is there. They tried their best to make some road more pliable for the masses.
I'm sure OSHibajo use dis one to divert pples attention from their inexperience.... def, if dem no build new roads 4 yrs e no go b new thing.
Let see how many roads una go build.. yeyenatu

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
goodguygonebad:
All the people asking for NEW road to be built. I ask a simple question. Why would I build a new road leading to nowhere? Is there any road/surface linking two locations falling under the purview of the federal government that doesn't have an existing road linking them? If yes, then we can castigate them saying they never built any road.

I will ask all those asking for new roads to answer this question once again. Will you just begin to build new roads that lead to nowhere? Seriously?
Well said,These politicians know the youths and some Nigerians will swallow this hook line and sinker,where did they expect the new rds to come from regards Federal rds?.here people are arguing about waht is new or rebuilt or resurfaced etc.The APC leadership should stop being Opposition party and realize they are in government and get on with the Job at hand, this is what all APC supporters should be telling them not wail with them, they should leave the wailing to PDP supporters they are better at it.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by ooshinibos: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Have you traveled from sapele to Ughelli? or from Benin bypass to Bayelsa

erico2k2 !!!! Benin bypass to Bayelsa is still ok ...but Gov Dickson should be praised for this , he did well ..GEJ did not really have time for Nigeria , I congratulate the southern Governors , they even fix federal roads in spite of their small budget , GEJ is a disgrace to the academia ..and you know it
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Malita156:

Well said!

Existing roads are sufficient and would serve if rehabilitated or expanded and the money which would have been used for new roads channelled to other sectors, power, health, agriculture, tourism. That is a more economical and wise approach. There are many road in need of rehabilitation, fix them!

Its like a man with a faulty generator spending 100,000 Naira to buy a brand new generator when 5,000 Naira can fix his existing generator and make it serve perfectly.

They should get to work and stop playing the blame game, at the end of the day, its still the poor masses that suffer it.
erico2k2:

Well said,These politicians know the youths and some Nigerians will swallow this hook line and sinker,where did they expect the new rds to come from regards Federal rds?.here people are arguing about waht is new or rebuilt or resurfaced etc.The APC leadership should stop being Opposition party and realize they are in government and get on with the Job at hand, this is what all APC supporters should be telling them not wail with them, they should leave the wailing to PDP supporters they are better at it.
If new roads aren't necessary (as you both claim), then I suppose the construction of the 2nd niger bridge and Onitsha bypass roads is a silly idea and this project should be scrapped while the FG focusses on rehabilitating only old roads?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
You call the VP a liar when he makes a factual statement, now his spokesman has put forward a simple question to you and your ilk to expose your folly and this is the answer you can come up with? A question?

Answer the freeakin question put up by the VP's spokesman or cover your face in shame.
We're not used to lies like you. Take those lists and go find out yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
shaddoww:
I am not a member of APC neither do I av any affinity to President Buhari n my parents are just like every average Nigerian parent going abt their trade genuinely n transparently but my concern is dat since my parent's has not stolen or corruptly enriched themselves wit government money, then my only hope is to work hard which is wat I av bin doing but d only threat to dat now is d failure of dis government, so dis is why I keep hoping n praying dat it succeed cos should it fail, am afraid even u may find it difficult to call urself a Nigerian.
owk lets stop the blame game, and hope best for the country.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by babafirst(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Thats exactly what we are saying,the roads were not 'demolished'.Now to answer your question directly,if I demolish the house at number one wailing street the house remains the house at number one wailing street.And to further answer your question, your example of house demolition cannot suffice here because the initiative of a new road ,a new path/route does not rest with the man that 'renovated' the road.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by kingwale1: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road 2. East- west road 3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation 4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation 5. Onitsha head-bridge 6. Onitsha Owerri expressway 7. Von-Machok RD 8. Katsina Daura rd 9. The east-west RD 10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE) 11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
Oyo ibadan expressway

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by prudencesmart(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
Jorussia:
I am waiting for the wailers to name the federal road that was started and completed in the last ten years.

Kano flyover. The best flyover in west Africa, built by GoodLuck Jonathan among others than i can easily remember.

Oyo ibadan expressway; Benin-Ore road;East- west road; Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation; Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation; Onitsha head-bridge; Onitsha Owerri expressway; Von-Machok RD; Katsina Daura rd; The east-west RD; IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA in OGUN STATE;GOMBE BYPASS ROAD in GOMBE STATE

Now tell me the one that you have started in this regime, nor any promise that you have even started, talkless of fulfilling.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Dahveydson(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

Guy concentrate on JOB hunting, when you get more responsibility to pay rents and feed your family, the reality of how the Nigerian politicians manipulate its populace will hit you and I dare say you will be the wiser,keep living with ignorance.

It's laughable how you choose to turn to fallacy and avoid giving any valuable points on the topic at hand.

You've already been manipulated if you cannot objectively look at an issue and refrain from spewing ignorance.

Learn to tackle the argument than the arguer.

Cheers
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by saintkel(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
doctokwus:
People are talking of 10yrs,u are talking of 9months. Are u ok at all?
Yes he is ok, y not answer his question
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:

Whether they mean any good is not the issue here, the VP simply said no NEW FG roads were built in 10 years (a fact). GEJ supporters took it personal, labelled the VP a liar and rained countless insults at him. The VP has now responded through his spokesman by politely asking those labelling him a liar to kindly mention the names of the new roads.

FYI, the VP and his spokesman have said exactly the same thing, don't rely on the title of this thread or on comments you read online. Here's the direct tweet from the spokesman below.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3452242_vp_png49928d4bb7aa374ea01de0ee0fcb2888

And yeah, just starting a project is clearly different from 'starting and progressing to significant level.' It is also different from completing, else the VP can be termed a liar because GEJ kick-started the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge and onitsha bypass road (which is obviously a 'NEW' road).
Well I get your point however they are the FG, what was the relevance for the first statement by the VP, to waht aim?He should stop defending their inaction with the bad of the past FG,the field is now open for them to initiate their plans,that is of they have any cos from waht I see, they are more confused than the previous FG.if you look back in history, which Fg started brand new rds and finished the said rd? The FG should know that government should be continuous not stop at where the past one stopped,in my book both the statement of teh Vp and his spoke person are meaningless and bears no meaningful promise to the good people of teh federal republic of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video) / Timipre Sylva's Convoy Obeying Traffic Light As He Arrives Yenagoa (Photos) / Buhari With Wife Aisha, Amosun & Nollywood Stars At An Event In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.