Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians (28664 Views)

19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / Pregnant Lady Strips To Pant & Bra To Show Her Pregnancy Journey / Man Knocks Off His Wife's Teeth After She Refused To Abort Their Baby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by nijabazaar: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Tufanja:
The problem is not the pregnancy, the problem is not the child...the problem is us, it is our society, so loveless and so careless and unwilling to embrace the most fragile sides of life. If we would stand around the girl, give her a safe environment to carry her pregnancy to end, if we were willing to invest in her future, to find a home for the new life, if we would get rid of concepts of shame, of thinking in impossibilities, in doom scenarios, if we would learn to think in opportunities, in making the best out of the worse...if we would just have a heart and love every life, even when it comes in not perfect circumstances, and stand together to make a curse a blessing...then we wouldnt take in our mouth the word abortion, we wouldnt give the girl another lifelong scar, the best way to healing is love and not denial and removal of a problem that will hunt you lifelong anyway, death or alive.
well unfortunately or fortunately depending on which side you are on, we do not have such a perfect utopia in Africa nay Nigeria.

Since our society is Hobbesian , its best we commit the lesser evil, #scrapeFoetus.

this lesser evil (the evil stuff is just for literary emphass) will benefit the society in the long term.

If i mayest ask, would you not shudder in shame and full of regret if u have a daughter parading a charlatan's baby especially if thou art poor?

what if the girl has caught some stupid STD, I don't know her but I am extremely angry.

1 Like

Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
Tufanja:
The problem is not the pregnancy, the problem is not the child...the problem is us, it is our society, so loveless and so careless and unwilling to embrace the most fragile sides of life. If we would stand around the girl, give her a safe environment to carry her pregnancy to end, if we were willing to invest in her future, to find a home for the new life, if we would get rid of concepts of shame, of thinking in impossibilities, in doom scenarios, if we would learn to think in opportunities, in making the best out of the worse...if we would just have a heart and love every life, even when it comes in not perfect circumstances, and stand together to make a curse a blessing...then we wouldnt take in our mouth the word abortion, we wouldnt give the girl another lifelong scar, the best way to healing is love and not denial and removal of a problem that will hunt you lifelong anyway, death or alive.
Words of great wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by NzeeChuks(m): 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
In situations like this, there's a very high tendency to take actions based on impulse, actions which seem logical, but really is harsh, irrational and wrong!:/

Some people are of the opinion that this baby should be aborted, else he would grow up to be a monster or 'boko haram' simply because of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy.:/

You don't give birth to a child the way he ought, so that when he/she is old, will not depart from it. NO.....You 'train up' the child the way he ought.

My major concern is if Ese, with regard to her age, can withstand the birth pangs associated with childbirth. Also, she shouldn't be given custody of the child after giving birth cos she herself has not gone through adequate upbringing, not to talk of training a child, and with this ordeal she's gone through, she would need a psychological coach..........
Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by WOCKHARDI(m): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
Since her parents still 'own ' her, the choice is theirs to make. One thing though - now that the fact is in the public domain, it's better they retain it because abortion is not yet legalised in Nigeria. And at five months, most doctors won't want to get involved.
After all, she will give birth to either a boy or a girl and life goes on.

1 Like

Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
.WHATS THAT?
it is what it is wink
Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by gidjah(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
If any doctor can ,Yes ,We will do it...D and C straight!! Who wanna be seeing a bastard from an aboki /mairuwa??
Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
nijabazaar:

well unfortunately or fortunately depending on which side you are on, we do not have such a perfect utopia in Africa nay Nigeria.

Since our society is Hobbesian , its best we commit the lesser evil, #scrapeFoetus.

this lesser evil (the evil stuff is just for literary emphass) will benefit the society in the long term.

If i mayest ask, would you not shudder in shame and full of regret if u have a daughter parading a charlatan's baby especially if thou art poor?

what if the girl has caught some stupid STD, I don't know her but I am extremely angry.

You cannot solve one evil with another evil.
Anger is never a good emotion to use as basis of reasoning.
You cant solve a STD with an abortion.

I would not be ashamed whatsoever, the shame should be at the other side, not at her side. I would embrace my daughter with the deepest love I am capable of and I will go with her the journey of inner healing, because that is what she needs the most after being traumatized.

Why is it relevant who delivered the sperm, there are so many people also in Nigeria who go for spermdonation bacause of so desperately wanting a child. The baby is a unique individual and should be approached as such. If you use the terminology "charlatan's baby" you are already betraying a deep rooted way of thinking in more or less instead of in valuing every individual life equally and on its own merits without linking it to where it came from. Again, the problems is our thinking and our lack of looking at life in a loving way.

Let everybody who is wasting his/her time now on promoting abortion, donate for the future of the girl and the child. We might find out later that the child might be the new Celine Dion or bring whatever blessing to the world when we have the heart to love the child and equip the child with the capacity to pay forward that love.

Will the poor parents have money to pay for the psychological treatment that the girl will need after the abortion and the trauma? Running away for a trauma and "removing it" will always work out worse in the end. By embracing the drama and trying to transform it into the best, she will develop an inner strength that can bring her very far in life and also out of poverty. The strength of a woman who has overcome evil is one of the biggest miracles of life and the strongest driver to acquire a fruitful and rewarding life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
it is what it is wink
.ION UNDERSTAND YORUBA
Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by abdoolorunwa(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
tollu:
Of course the pregnancy should be aborted.

And the girl should go for psychiatric evaluation/rehabilitation. All side by side with intensive deliverance session.

Oloriburuku people just want to ruin her life.

14 oh, 17 oh, all na abduction. Even if she wan follow aboeki preek go, make she wait until she don old.
YOU SOUND LIKE THE EXPERIENCE DEY HUNGRY U.
AND THE SMALL GIRL GET MIND FOLLOW MAN WEY SHE LIKE.
NOW U WAN MAKE SHE ABORT. E BE LIKE SAY DEM CURSE U. U SURE SAY U NEVER PASS THREE O' CLOCK. POST UR PIX.
I WANT ABDUCT U SHAP SHAP

1 Like

Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by alaskido(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
For me o, I will take her to the hospital for a D and C. Who want to born a Boko Haram into an Urhobo family. God forbid. I hate these fanatics with a passion.
Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
.ION UNDERSTAND YORUBA
THATS NOT YORUBA
Re: "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians by dungburu: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
wait o, had it been its the son of emir of kano or son of governor of kano or Dangote's cousin that abducted Ese, would all these have led to brouhaha? what could have been the response of Ese's father and the sympathisers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-year-old Girl Mauled To Death By Dogs. / Her Husband Wants A Separate Room / Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.