Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? (1675 Views)

Ladies!! 7 Reasons Why You Must See Every Relationship As A Business. / Guys I Need Help ASAP If I Should End This Relationship Or Continue. / 10 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Break Ups In A Relationship As A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hi Fam., owk.. Am a '15A corps member, in a relationship with an undergraduate who is in her final year. Its been good so far., we've been together for a year + and we have plans to settle down as soon as things gets better job wise.

But this afternoon I read on fbck where she was advising a girl to stay off male corpers coming for relationship.. dat they had nufin serious to offer.

My people am shocked because its been all good and i've been supportive the little way I can. She looks happy and satisfied with me., why will she discourage a fellow frm dating a corper? .

Am I missing sumfin?

Your contributions are highly appreciated.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by jopretty(f): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
Have a long talk with her. I'm sure you'll know where you stand in the relationship when the talk ends. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by halfricanadian(f): 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
cheesy looooooool swear this the first real laugh i had today

Geez op your gf had found her talent comedy chai
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
halfricanadian:
cheesy looooooool swear this the first real laugh i had today

Geez op your gf had found her talent comedy chai

How is this comic?
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by olusd(m): 10:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
There are some ladies who can be very deceptive. Just try find out d reason she said that so that u won't just be a toy she's toiling with.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2016
jopretty:
Have a long talk with her. I'm sure you'll know where you stand in the relationship when the talk ends. Good luck!
Hmmm, owk. Tnks

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by halfricanadian(f): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
MrSmith007:

How is this comic?

Its a real comic

so fun and interesting cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Geez seriously loooooool
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by grad2012(f): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
She dint tell you its over right? she only adviced another person not to date a corper. You just need to discuss about it when you guys talk and ask her why she gave such an advice.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

Its a real comic

so fun and interesting cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Geez seriously loooooool
owk, yu have nothing good to say.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by DesChyko: 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
I think you guys were together before you became a Corps Member right? Probably, your own case is quite different. So, you may just tell her how you feel about it if this fact of hers really bothers you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
grad2012:
She dint tell you its over right? she only adviced another person not to date a corper. You just need to discuss about it when you guys talk and ask her why she gave such an advice.

Naah., we've been enjoying a good rship. Am still lost as to why she said wat she said.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
DesChyko:
I think you guys were together before you became a Corps Member right? Probably, your own case is quite different. So, you may just tell her how you feel about it if this fact of hers really bothers you.

Yea we started dating weeks before I left for camp.

Tnks, I hope that's the case.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by halfricanadian(f): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
MrSmith007:
owk, yu have nothing good to say.

looool why will i av any good thing to say when ya gf is a comedian cheesy
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by Pheals(f): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
Who is she advising a secondary school student? U know u corpers feel change dose gals dream with your stick ...oya screen shot your gf comment on top that issues
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

looool why will i av any good thing to say when ya gf is a comedian cheesy
Done having fun?
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by halfricanadian(f): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
MrSmith007:

Done having fun?

Not yet cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
Pheals:
Who is she advising a secondary school student? U know u corpers feel change dose gals dream with your stick ...oya screen shot your gf comment on top that issues
No., an undergraduate.

Change a girl's dream with my stick?? undecided undecided
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by ojay2053(m): 10:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
Op, focus on getting a job after service, making money is what you need to focus your mind on, leave that babe, don't let her dull you. Distraction is not just what you need now. Good luck.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

Not yet cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aii
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
ojay2053:
Op, focus on getting a job after service, making money is what you need to focus your mind on, leave that babe, don't let her dull you. Distraction is not just what you need now. Good luck.
Tnks. Just funny how she'd telll a girl corpers shldnt be taken serious when she is with one. Smh
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by halfricanadian(f): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
MrSmith007:

Aii

Looooool tongue
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
MrSmith007:
Hi Fam., owk.. Am a '15A corps member, in a relationship with an undergraduate who is in her final year. Its been good so far., we've been together for a year + and we have plans to settle down as soon as things gets better job wise.

But this afternoon I read on fbck where she was advising a girl to stay off male corpers coming for relationship.. dat they had nufin serious to offer.

My people am shocked because its been all good and i've been supportive the little way I can. She looks happy and satisfied with me., why will she discourage a fellow frm dating a corper? .

Am I missing sumfin?

to be candid wt u, ur gf is nt satisfied wt ur relationship...shez just wt u bcs she loves u and bcs she hope tins will get better wt time
While she advised d lady against datin a corper is bcs she doesn't tink any lady will be able to cope wt d financial burden
And OP pls hope u dnt borrow money from her undecided
Shez just in d relationship for love..she no dey get any benefit dats y she advised sum1 else against it
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by olaleks007(m): 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
MrSmith007:

Am I missing sumfin?

Don't ask her because she won't say the truth but get ready for anything and create time to study her the more. You will soon find out where u belong.

Either you are Maga1 or the real man.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
Sometimes we don't need to be technical or reason too far, we just have to be rational

If she is proud of you and the relationship, even if she can't generalise, she could have cited you as a good example.

When she advised her friend about corpers, did she forget about you ?
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
bardella1:
to be candid wt u, ur gf is nt satisfied wt ur relationship...shez just wt u bcs she loves u and bcs she hope tins will get better wt time
While she advised d lady against datin a corper is bcs she doesn't tink any lady will be able to cope wt d financial burden
And OP pls hope u dnt borrow money from her undecided
Shez just in d relationship for love..she no dey get any benefit dats y she advised sum1 else against it
Never asked her for money., not once.
And I cant do more than my earnings.. she is aware of this.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
ilobasama:
Sometimes we don't need to be technical or reason too far, we just have to be rational

If she is proud of you and the relationship, even if she can't generalise, she could have cited you as a good example.

When she advised her friend about corpers, did she forget about you ?
Good question. My thought exactly

Its possible she is not as satisfied with me as she makes me believe.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by MrSmith007: 11:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
olaleks007:

Don't ask her because she won't say the truth but get ready for anything and create time to study her the more. You will soon find out where u belong.

Either you are Maga1 or the real man.
Hmmm.. i'll have an open mind when we get to have the talk.
Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by dianna1: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
Op dnt judge her with dat, dah cud just be mere talk
And u knw there r lots of misconceptions abt copers
Gals generally r filled with so many insecurities
Instead of concluding already talk to her abt it
Ask her wot she tinks generally of copers or y she gv dah kind of advice to a fellow gal even though she is dating a coper
Since ur so uncertain of where u stand with her
Ask ,find out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by latinoKingdom(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2016
jopretty:
what are the things to discuss about?

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
MrSmith007:

Never asked her for money., not once.
And I cant do more than my earnings.. she is aware of this.
ok

(1) (Reply)

14 Things That Would Definitely Happen To You If You Cheat On Your Spouse / Marriage And My Tradition: Taking A Wife In Hausa Land / See This Nigerian Man Crying On His Wife's Shoulders On Their Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.