Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? (38908 Views)

Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Help Review This Quotation / Please Check This Quotation For 3 Flats.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Ahmedsuleiman98(m): 6:41am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:
I got this plot of 60×120 land last year and I need to start developing it in order to avoid omo onile wahala.

I've decided to start by developing just a third, 60×40, of the land because of cash constraint. This decision I've taken against the idea of erecting perimeter fence on the land.

I must admit I'm a novice when it comes to building/properties. So I'd welcome great ideas.

I've contracted an engineer and he sent in this quote and a sketch of what I want to build on this portion of the land. I want the properties gurus to please take a critical look at this two and please offer me advice and directions. I'll also welcome ideas outside this propositions.

Thank you so much and God bless.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by dbeatzs(m): 6:43am On Mar 05, 2016
Call dis number for ur house design 07039051344.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 05, 2016
Add a verandah to the kitchen. Where you will store your kerosine, gas cylinders etc. I should protect your kitchen from direct access too. You will be glad you did.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by fippycbk(m): 6:43am On Mar 05, 2016
Your sitting room is more of a lobby than a sitting room. Every one has to go through there before accessing any room.

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Engineermbugame(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

I understand it could be a poor design. That is why I'm seeking opinions. Basically what I want is a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, store, living room, guest toilet and laundry...all on 60*40.

Do you know of anyone that could help with the design.

The quotation is based on the sketch.
wot of visitor toilet?
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by doomsdayII(m): 6:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Quotation is a rip off
15 tons of granite is 52'000 against his 75'000
20 tons of sharp sand is 22'000 against his 25'000
Be smart on material prices and I never paid for all those wheel Barrow, hand trowel shits that he's putting in your bill.
The farmer ought to have his working tools otherwise, he rents it himself

2 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by doomsdayII(m): 6:50am On Mar 05, 2016
Quotation is a rip off
20 tons of sharp sand is 22'000 against his 10 tons for 25'000
Be smart on material prices and I never paid for all those wheel Barrow, hand trowel shits that he's putting in your bill.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Mznaett: 6:51am On Mar 05, 2016
What a design?shocked
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by ogawisdom(m): 6:53am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:
I got this plot of 60×120 land last year and I need to start developing it in order to avoid omo onile wahala.

I've decided to start by developing just a third, 60×40, of the land because of cash constraint. This decision I've taken against the idea of erecting perimeter fence on the land.

I must admit I'm a novice when it comes to building/properties. So I'd welcome great ideas.

I've contracted an engineer and he sent in this quote and a sketch of what I want to build on this portion of the land. I want the properties gurus to please take a critical look at this two and please offer me advice and directions. I'll also welcome ideas outside this propositions.

Three toilets in 2bedroom na only shit una go dey shitshit grin

5 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tonyx4x44(m): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2016
kennysteve77:
This design must have been done by baba Kamoru the Carpenter.

grin grin
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by lamiobo(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2016
Have you ever heard of an open plan kitchen....that should be proper for ventilation
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by UnimkeAk(m): 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

jesus christ.
the kind of wack designs i see everyday on nairaland makes me wanna puke.
no flow , poor lighting and aeration. etc
how do u guys intend to build and live in that, in this 21st century.

please stop giving out your design jobs to quacks and local draftsmen that dont want to upgrade.
they are good architects [young men so the price should be fair enough] in all the nooks and corners of this damn country.
.from a concerned Civil Engr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by segzicres(m): 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
Lol. The floor plan though. jeez. op send me a pm
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by mysyto(m): 7:09am On Mar 05, 2016
Pls my advise for dont use that plan... Consult a professional arch and q. S to give u estimate even student under this profession can do it for you.....
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by UnimkeAk(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2016
doomsdayII:
Quotation is a rip off
20 tons of sharp sand is 22'000 against his 25'000

15 tons of granite is actually between 65- 75 k over here
this is why i didnt confirm whether he was being ripped off or not.
#it all depends on the location, the OP should state his location and pple in that location can be of help.

but iv made it a policy not to get involved in other pples work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by 9jatatafo(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2016
OP my candid advice is for you to fence that land first. 3 coaches not bad before you start building. I am telling you from experience

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by rahmathassan(m): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2016
That sketch is very poor, no trained engineer we produce such thing for a client
The estimate too is also poorly prepared.
I could be of help but am based in abuja.
You can send me your email/contact let me send you more options to check in accordance with this your brief. el_hazzan@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by clemostika: 7:13am On Mar 05, 2016
tempem:
You asked only for a crosscheck- in the quotation, if not, you have a poor design, there. The master's bedroom is too exposed.
u re very correct... d design is like 20yrs behind trend
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by solid3(m): 7:16am On Mar 05, 2016
Im learning a lot here. God help me buy land and build a house this year.

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Jarus(m): 7:22am On Mar 05, 2016
506k for foundation of a 2-bedroom is a good quote.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tempem: 7:24am On Mar 05, 2016
clemostika:
u re very correct... d design is like 20yrs behind trend
Am getting him a better designs.. Though, he's met someone.. But I'll still like to drop him one. with exact details he's having there...
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by ishora: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2016
propose white elephant project.u pick dis drawin from dustbin na ;Dpropose white elephant project.u pick dis drawin from dustbin na
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Ojugunrege(f): 7:25am On Mar 05, 2016
Engineermbugame:
wot of visitor toilet?

that's guest toilet he mentioned
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Jarus(m): 7:29am On Mar 05, 2016
UnimkeAk:

jesus christ.
the kind of wack designs i see everyday on nairaland makes me wanna puke.
no flow , poor lighting and aeration. etc
how do u guys intend to build and live in that, in this 21st century.

please stop giving out your design jobs to quacks and local draftsmen that dont want to upgrade.
they are good architects [young men so the price should be fair enough] in all the nooks and corners of this damn country.
.from a concerned Civil Engr.

Oga, it is when you have money that you think of all these.

I started my Lagos bungalow with a sketch on paper by myself. It was later after foundation is almost half-way that I got architect regularise it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Stanbeto: 7:30am On Mar 05, 2016
Get me the full Quote
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Ojugunrege(f): 7:38am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

Yes, thank you. I'm in touch with him already.

I'm glad u r already in touch wt an expert. well done.

abeg, whatever u decide....pls do not use that design up there....it doesn't work! how can access to all parts of the house be thru the sitting room? even amateur me can see it's wack! then 3 toilets? ?? haba! 2 is enough - 1 ensuite wt d master bedroom and 2nd second one not ensuite so it can serve for d other room and guests.

I bet the guy who did this is a brickla parading himself as an engineer
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by dhenri(m): 7:45am On Mar 05, 2016
d plan is not working. first the toilet close to the bedroom need an partitions wall inside to avoid odour getting into the living room like wise the visitor toilet. the kitchen n the laundry need a sitout for in case of fire out break. there is no opening in d dinning facing the living room. how can someone in the living get to eat in the dinning...so ur plan need to be visited other wise it will not be approve except u wan to build it in rural area.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by adeshock1(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2016
y cant dey produce the drawing in Autocad format., or 2d or 3d format.

If you wanna do any building design, contact mr protocol and associate. Expert in 2d And 3d. +2348130764850, 08085886034. Facebook:Adesokan Adewale mr protocol, twitter:@adeprotocol.

The source you can trust. With good designs at affordable price.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Toyrem: 7:48am On Mar 05, 2016
175:
Oya take, and just send me mtn 1500 dazzz alll gringrin
.nice 1
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Moana(f): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

I understand it could be a poor design. That is why I'm seeking opinions. Basically what I want is a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, store, living room, guest toilet and laundry...all on 60*40.

Do you know of anyone that could help with the design.

The quotation is based on the sketch.
spyder880
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by feeloscar(m): 7:51am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

Location is Ikorodu. The reason for the ground beam is because it's gonna turn out to be a storey building.
Where's the design for the storey building? Because all I can see is the drg of a bungalow.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by najoe07(m): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2016
sinorte:

send a mail to me so I can send u a decent design. If u like it, then I would make a standard BOQ for u!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building / Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / Suleja Flood! Many Lives And Properties Lost. Residents Seen Relocating (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.