Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? (38914 Views)

Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Help Review This Quotation / Please Check This Quotation For 3 Flats.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by mamajaz(f): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
twinskenny:

talk to this guy.... darenyx

he will do a proper sketch for you
pls can I have his number? d darenyx guy. mail is sadeseyi4eva@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by darenyx(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
mamajaz:

pls can I have his number? d darenyx guy. mail is sadeseyi4eva@gmail.com, thanks

+234-8034843342
darenyxaid@gmail
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
I can help youjust call me then we can talk, am an architect. Facebook me at Makata Chukwunonye or call me 08064761896. You may not need to spend much money
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by mamajaz(f): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
darenyx:

+234-8034843342 darenyxaid@gmail
thx. wl get to him
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Jarus:

Oga, it is when you have money that you think of all these.

I started my Lagos bungalow with a sketch on paper by myself. It was later after foundation is almost half-way that I got architect regularise it.

Thank you Jarus.

It's always easy for others to play hypothetical games with other people's money.

I can't even imagine wasting money on a professional Quantity Surveyor.

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by twinskenny(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
mamajaz:

thx. wl get to him

thats him wink
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
walad4yhu:

darenyx is a BOSS when it comes to design. He did a very wonderful job for me.

Yes I recommend him without any reservation.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
175:
Oya take, and just send me mtn 1500 dazzz alll gringrin

Did you draw this yourself?
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by mamajaz(f): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
twinskenny:

thats him wink
thanks
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by greaterlove(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
senbash:
Hi, your design is so lovely, kindly send to me the full details as well and the BOQ as well to my email bbash10@yahoo.com. Awaiting your revert. God bless your kinds on Nairaland.
thanks. Sent it to your mail but without a BOQ.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
greaterlove:
That's a design I did for a friend on a 50 by 50 plot. If you are interested pm me for the full working drawings for free.

A very nice design but a few constructive feedback, unrequested but constructive nonetheless.

1) I know that this is very common in Nigeria but I cannot fathom why you guys put the visitors toilets right there next to the living room. A simple correction is to not do a ensuite (something I also equally detest) in the blue bedroom, shift the blue bedroom to the right to encompass the toilet and closet so that the lobby ends in a toilet between the two bedrooms. So blue bedroom and visitors share one toilet.

2) For privacy it is always best not to have visitors staring at the door to any bedroom. Now visitors have a direct view of the blue bedroom, but if shifted as in suggestion #1 then that removes that concern.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Vikkypee: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
I'd advise you try to increase the size of a toilet to a bedroom, and make it a 3-bedroom and Two toilet house.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Ojugunrege(f): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
uboma:

I agree with you that the design is poorly made but if the op wants to have 3 toilets in his 2bedroom apartment, there's absolutely nothing wrong in that.

Well......just strikes me like an overdesign undecided
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by 175(m): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Did you draw this yourself?

No! Are you interested?
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by uboma(m): 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ojugunrege:

Well......just strikes me like an overdesign undecided

I understand the feeling.
Having a separate toilet for visitors/guests isn't a bad idea though.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Arnod007: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
If you wont mind i can help you out with a good and functional design

sinorte:

I understand it could be a poor design. That is why I'm seeking opinions. Basically what I want is a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, store, living room, guest toilet and laundry...all on 60*40.

Do you know of anyone that could help with the design.

The quotation is based on the sketch.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by hardaydaryor(m): 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
Please I beg you in the name of God don't use this design for your house it's very poor give any student 20 k for good architectural drawing and ask him to give you the qs with the current market survey you get a good quotation. This is your house I mean your house and don't build nonsense for yourself. Great concerians. Great aces
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
175:

No! Are you interested?

Actually not, it's just a very good design.

I filled up with design plans right now grin
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Jarus(m): 11:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Jarus.

It's always easy for others to play hypothetical games with other people's money.

I can't even imagine wasting money on a professional Quantity Surveyor.

I finished my Lagos home late last year and already living there.

Just speaking to surveyor now on survey of tge place.

He's billing me some hundreds of thousands. Now, I can do that at my pace. If Ibothered too much on those add ons and had spent all those monies on those things from inception, I may not have finished the project now.

Also, the best way to secure land in Lagos is to start building on it without delay. A close person that we bought the land together is currently battling omo onile for reselling his land while he was still delaying starting due to getting survey etc done before starting at all.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by ArcGibson(m): 12:06am On Mar 06, 2016
You can consult me for your building design and construction works... I assure you a perfect and good delivery of consultation ... Contact us on 08067375461 Galaxy Design Consult... we design , we build, we beautify!
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Jarus:

He's billing me some hundreds of thousands. Now, I can do that at my pace. If Ibothered too much on those add ons and had spent all those monies on those things from inception, I may not have finished the project now.

Also, the best way to secure land in Lagos is to start building on it without delay. A close person that we bought the land together is currently battling omo onile for reselling his land while he was still delaying starting due to getting survey etc done before starting at all.

I'm even talking about the ones that call themselves a Quantity Surveyor. Unless I'm building a commercial edifice and need to approach a bank for finance then I don't need one.

I mean why do I need to pay someone to tell me that I need 5,000 blocks? I mean I can just use that money towards buying that same 5,000 blocks grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by mufutau55(m): 1:42am On Mar 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

A very nice design but a few constructive feedback, unrequested but constructive nonetheless.

1) I know that this is very common in Nigeria but I cannot fathom why you guys put the visitors toilets right there next to the living room. A simple correction is to not do a ensuite (sometime I also equally detest) in the blue bedroom, shift the blue bedroom to the right to encompass the toilet and closet so that the lobby ends in a toilet between the two bedrooms. So blue bedroom and visitors share one toilet.

2) For privacy it is always best not to have visitors staring at the door to any bedroom. Now visitors have a direct view of the blue bedroom, but if shifted as in suggestion #1 then that removes that concern.

Very nice design, you attached...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by goodnews777: 2:20am On Mar 06, 2016
Get an architect ASAP. This layout is pure disaster.bros this is 2016.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 06, 2016
Jarus:

Sad that in Nigeria we suffer for doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by ewizard1: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hmmm! Design! Design!! Design!!!

NOTE : I'm not an architect!

But the plan by greaterlove is kool. Rooms well positioned BUT

#Observed!
1. A visitor whose not spending the nigth or using the spare bedroom and wants to use the toilet would have to go through the bedroom?

2. The 2 bedroom doesn't look to fit for a family. While watching an interesting movie in the main Lounge/Parlour and need to pee! The thought of going through the room just to go pee and missing a scene would make that the architect receive a bashing for making such plan. grin

#iThink
Why not have a small toilet (WC only) (empty space close to the Brown Anteroom) next to the main Lounge/Parlour but door not directly facing so people in the parlour won't have to vamoose because you're using the toilet.

Anyone understand what i mean?
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
ewizard1:
Hmmm! Design! Design!! Design!!!

NOTE : I'm not an architect!

But the plan by greaterlove is kool. Rooms well positioned BUT

#Observed!
1. A visitor whose not spending the nigth or using the spare bedroom and wants to use the toilet would have to go through the bedroom?

2. The 2 bedroom doesn't look to fit for a family. While watching an interesting movie in the main Lounge/Parlour and need to pee! The thought of going through the room just to go pee and missing a scene would make that the architect receive a bashing for making such plan. grin

#iThink
Why not have a small toilet (WC only) (empty space close to the Brown Anteroom) next to the main Lounge/Parlour but door not directly facing so people in the parlour won't have to vamoose because you're using the toilet.

Anyone understand what i mean?

I believe that the white space off of the ante room is the visitors loo. Keep in mind that this is a prudently sized house.

That is normal for Nigeria but I hate that and will never have that in my house.

You won't like my plan either because my level 1 visitors will have to take a 60 foot journey to the loo, by design grin
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
oyb:

Sad that in Nigeria we suffer for doing the right thing.

Correct.

So this is why we mustn't judge anyone for not doing things the way that we would have done it. Every one has a story to tell.
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by seighabenz(m): 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hey

Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by tempem: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
sinorte:
I got this plot of 60×120 land last year and I need to start developing it in order to avoid omo onile wahala.

I've decided to start by developing just a third, 60×40, of the land because of cash constraint. This decision I've taken against the idea of erecting perimeter fence on the land.

I must admit I'm a novice when it comes to building/properties. So I'd welcome great ideas.

I've contracted an engineer and he sent in this quote and a sketch of what I want to build on this portion of the land. I want the properties gurus to please take a critical look at this two and please offer me advice and directions. I'll also welcome ideas outside this propositions.

Thank you so much and God bless.
very late, but how far? Have you seen it?
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by olumide4christ: 12:56am On Mar 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm even talking about the ones that call themselves a Quantity Surveyor. Unless I'm building a commercial edifice and need to approach a bank for finance then I don't need one.

I mean why do I need to pay someone to tell me that I need 5,000 blocks? I mean I can just use that money towards buying that same 5,000 blocks grin

[b]Well Bros, let me school you a bit on why you need a QS. Your comment is based on your exposure.

1. If you had engaged a QS on your Ibadan project, you would have been forewarned that you would spend the excessive amount you spent on filling, which you mentioned on the Off-topic thread. Be prepared for some more surprises, since you don't have a basis to make a budget for your project.

2. Do some research - In the US where you live, you can't put up a structure without engaging a COST ENGINEER (that's what QS are called over there) on your project. You can only get away with that here in your home country Nigeria because of the lack of regulations.

3. You at this point cannot tell us what your project may likely cost because you haven't involved a QS to prepare a BOQ/estimate. You are just working on ''spend-as-you-go"; visionaries, companies, brands, etc all make plans and have visions without which they can't make the accomplishments they purpose to achieve. NOTE - It may astound you to know that not just corporate bodies, but even professional contractors/builders who are professionals in the construction industry, engage QS for their projects; they don't 'assume' based on past projects like some do here, but they get the specifics of any project before delving into it. They can't do that without consulting or employing a QS. You are very lucky that you are doing your project yourself; if you had engaged a builder who 'assumes' based on previous projects like some do, I guess you might have had issues with him by now. Believe me, thats the source of most client-builder problems/wahala we have seen here on Nairaland.

4. Also, I forgot to add - that knowing the number of blocks in your project (5000 blocks) is just one item (blockwork) out of hundreds of items to be done on your project. How do you know the quantity of cement, sand, granite, timber for roofing, paint, tiling, and so much more ahead of time without calling and asking your artisans when the need arises??

I hope you understand better now. These are facts, whether you accept it or not.

Wishing you the best in your project![/b]
Re: Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 08, 2016
olumide4christ:

[b]Well Bros, let me school you a bit on why you need a QS. Your comment is based on your exposure.

1. If you had engaged a QS on your Ibadan project, you would have been forewarned that you would spend the excessive amount you spent on filling, which you mentioned on the Off-topic thread. Be prepared for some more surprises, since you don't have a basis to make a budget for your project.

2. Do some research - In the US where you live, you can't put up a structure without engaging a COST ENGINEER (that's what QS are called over there) on your project. You can only get away with that here in your home country Nigeria because of the lack of regulations.

3. You at this point cannot tell us what your project may likely cost because you haven't involved a QS to prepare a BOQ/estimate. You are just working on ''spend-as-you-go"; visionaries, companies, brands, etc all make plans and have visions without which they can't make the accomplishments they purpose to achieve. NOTE - It may astound you to know that not just corporate bodies, but even professional contractors/builders who are professionals in the construction industry, engage QS for their projects; they don't 'assume' based on past projects like some do here, but they get the specifics of any project before delving into it. They can't do that without consulting or employing a QS. You are very lucky that you are doing your project yourself; if you had engaged a builder who 'assumes' based on previous projects like some do, I guess you might have had issues with him by now. Believe me, thats the source of most client-builder problems/wahala we have seen here on Nairaland.

4. Also, I forgot to add - that knowing the number of blocks in your project (5000 blocks) is just one item (blockwork) out of hundreds of items to be done on your project. How do you know the quantity of cement, sand, granite, timber for roofing, paint, tiling, and so much more ahead of time without calling and asking your artisans when the need arises??

I hope you understand better now. These are facts, whether you accept it or not.

Wishing you the best in your project![/b]

Don't worry my project is on track, I don't need a QS and your profession is a waste for small residential projects.

We've gone down this route before and you'll never change my mind about my opinion. I can't be schooled by you Sir.

Don't need your wish also, no offense grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building / Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / Suleja Flood! Many Lives And Properties Lost. Residents Seen Relocating (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.