Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? (7583 Views)

We Must Monitor The Nation Of Israel If We Want To Know When Rapture Will Occur / What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
UyiIredia:

It is naive to limit human progress to technological advancement and forget the need for character development. All the technology in the world and basic human courtesy which your posts is bereft of is sorely lacking. I wonder why.
You should go through my post again. I clearly made reference to female rights and slavery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:
Do newborn babies get to leave with the mothers during the rapture? In the Bible, a mother could be driving on the highway and the holy spirit will just remove her from the vehicle, without giving a Fuk about the safety of the other occupants or motorists.

Doctors performing surgery on conjoined twins will be removed mid surgery so that they can enter the rapture wind. SMH.
They'll be consequences. That's for sure.
Airplane pilots will be removed with passengers on board.
First, legally, God may not be the 'father' of all those on board, so He's not legally bound
to take them. Next, those who miss the rapture will be responsible ,not God.
So,legally and morally, God is not culpable for the consequences of rapturing His people.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ovamboland:

If you get to know how the Bible was clobbered together by manipulators, rulers and ambitious men to maintain control and revenue all your illusion will clear.
There's nothing new in all we are doing today for their Basilica we have our 3km church, same fate that befell them will happen here, it will become shopping malls or night clubs.

Have you wondered why offspring of those that passionately sold the christian idea to your forefathers have largely abandoned the faith? They got to know the real truth behind it all, some still remain like you saying even if it is false we believe by faith.

Even un believers/non christians know that the world is aggravating it's rate and magnitude of sin.
Man is pushing the limits on what is acceptable. Was this always the case ? No.
So something new is going on and it will only get worst.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
finofaya:
If rapture occurs you will finally have your confirmation. You no longer have to consider any questions about the existence of God. No need to bother about what atheists will say. Good luck with your rapture.
Christians dont need confirmation because they first believe before they see.
No true christian is debating the existence of God.
The issue is all about those who swore the bible was a lie and got caught gaping - A principal event occured
before their eyes. Aired on cnn, 9 o clock news etc!!!.

"These rapture , christians use to argue about on nairaland and we'll be mocking them."
I know how much you'd like to convince yourselves with any anti-God theory so i was wondering how
you guys will handle it. Against reason, come up with a theory, like the theory of evolution (which is mathematically impossible), or so.
Some out of pride will never want to admit it! Never!.
So if you were there what would you guys say! "Yes, Jesus is real and is God and the rapture just took place"
or will you go down with your straw men (arguments and theories).
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

They'll be consequences. That's for sure.
Airplane pilots will be removed with passengers on board.
First, legally, God may not be the 'father' of all those on board, so He's not legally bound
to take them. Next, those who miss the rapture will be responsible ,not God.
So,legally and morally, God is not culpable for the consequences of rapturing His people.

But the children though. A mother turns on a gas stove around her 6 month old infant and brings a put of porridge to a boil. Suddenly, the rapture comes, just as the child appears to lunge toward the stove which is within reaching distance. The rapture removes her.

That woman will ask to be carried back to that place.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

Even un believers/non christians know that the world is aggravating it's rate and magnitude of sin.
Man is pushing the limits on what is acceptable. Was this always the case ? No.
So something new is going on and it will only get worst.

The chickens are coming home to roost. The love of money and the accompanying power to choose the best females with whom to mate, is driving everything in a frenzy. There's a new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. Why? What was wrong with the 6 Edge? Nothing. But someone needs more money so that they can guarantee a good selection of humans to serve as sex partners. We seem to be driven by our reproductive organs.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

The chickens are coming home to roost. The love of money and the accompanying power to choose the best females with whom to mate, is driving everything in a frenzy. There's a new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. Why? What was wrong with the 6 Edge? Nothing. But someone needs more money so that they can guarantee a good selection of humans to serve as sex partners. We seem to be driven by our reproductive organs.
That's what science wants you to believe.
Or
Spirits of lust have been poured out on the earth to entice men to commit all forms of immorality and perversions.
Think. Man is driven by hunger , so he finds food to meet his needs.
But the drive to eat has never gotten out of hand to the extent where man can't function in other department
of his life.
But sx, got out of hand. Even moral icons are falling.
How come man that could contain his other primal urges ,in these last days, cant control his libido?
nature? Think again.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

But the children though. A mother turns on a gas stove around her 6 month old infant and brings a put of porridge to a boil. Suddenly, the rapture comes, just as the child appears to lunge toward the stove which is within reaching distance. The rapture removes her.

They baby will be taken.
But of course, this is not a rehearsal, they'll be casualties.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

They baby will be taken.
But of course, this is not a rehearsal, they'll be casualties.

But the baby could be a baby Mao Tse Sung or baby Hitler in the making. How come the baby can enter without signing the usual contract?
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

But the baby could be a baby Mao Tse Sung or baby Hitler in the making. How come the baby can enter without signing the usual contract?
Because before a certain age all babies are innocent.
After the 100 year rain or 1000 millenial reign, they'll be given their chance ,just like all adults are given today,
to prove their allegiance.

# Admit it God is wise!! smiley cheesy wink
He figured it all out!!
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

That's what science wants you to believe.
Or
Spirits of lust have been poured out on the earth to entice men to commit all forms of immorality and perversions.
Think. Man is driven by hunger , so he finds food to meet his needs.
But the drive to eat has never gotten out of hand to the extent where man can't function in other department
of his life.
But sx, got out of hand. Even moral icons are falling.
How come man that could contain his other primal urges ,in these last days, cant control his libido?
nature? Think again.

It was always out of hand. What happened is that the population increased and the resulting people are smashing at a slightly faster rate. But it's only because of convenience. A human on a full stomach either wants to go to sleep or have sex. Because technology guarantees more moments of full stomachs now, billions of people have even more free time available to have sex.

In reality, there's nothing else to do in this life but smash, release milk to make new humans, get a job to feed the new humans you made, and pretend that you're doing something by watching them graduate high school or university. I used to think Freud was a pervert, but I think he was on to something.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

Because before a certain age all babies are innocent.
After the 100 year rain or 1000 millenial reign, they'll be given their chance ,just like all adults are given today,
to prove their allegiance.

# Admit it God is wise!! smiley cheesy wink
He figured it all out!!

Even you don't understand what you wrote there.

This plot is like an old Kung Fu movie where the hero has to complete a series of challenges of increasing difficulty.
What is the point of this elaborate script?

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by finofaya: 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

Christians dont need confirmation because they first believe before they see.
No true christian is debating the existence of God.
The issue is all about those who swore the bible was a lie and got caught gaping - A principal event occured
before their eyes. Aired on cnn, 9 o clock news etc!!!.

"These rapture , christians use to argue about on nairaland and we'll be mocking them."
I know how much you'd like to convince yourselves with any anti-God theory so i was wondering how
you guys will handle it. Against reason, come up with a theory, like the theory of evolution (which is mathematically impossible), or so.
Some out of pride will never want to admit it! Never!.
So if you were there what would you guys say! "Yes, Jesus is real and is God and the rapture just took place"
or will you go down with your straw men (arguments and theories).

Well, you already know. You should have just believed it on faith instead of waiting to hear from us. An atheist cannot recognise that rapture is taking place, just as they don't recognise that we are currently living in the end times. As soon as you do, you stop being an atheist. So I can't tell you how I'd react as an atheist if the rapture happens since the rapture can't happen as far as I'm concerned. How will you react if you find out that the only existing God is not Yahweh?

Seriously though, it is only after investigating the strange occurrences that I'll know what to say. Not like you can hear me while you're doing your favourite thing in Al jannah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
finofaya:

Well, you already know. You should have just believed it on faith instead of waiting to hear from us. An atheist cannot recognise that rapture is taking place, just as they don't recognise that we are currently living in the end times. As soon as you do, you stop being an atheist. So I can't tell you how I'd react as an atheist if the rapture happens since the rapture can't happen as far as I'm concerned. How will you react if you find out that the only existing God is not Yahweh?

Seriously though, it is only after investigating the strange occurrences that I'll know what to say. Not like you can hear me while you're doing your favourite thing in Al jannah.

If i realise that the only existing God is not yahweh, I'd doubt my religion. And accuse God of lying. Period.
Because, He says in his Word that There's no other God besides Him.
Simple. Open and shut. He'd be in the same category as the devil - a liar- .
He wouldnt have legal justification to sentence a soul to hell for lying , if He himself doesnt have clean hands.
It's not complicated.

".. Since the rapture can't happen as far as you are concerned.."
This is the crux, what if it happens inspite of your stance!? It blows all you held as truth to smitherings!
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

It was always out of hand. What happened is that the population increased and the resulting people are smashing at a slightly faster rate. But it's only because of convenience. A human on a full stomach either wants to go to sleep or have sex. Because technology guarantees more moments of full stomachs now, billions of people have even more free time available to have sex.

In reality, there's nothing else to do in this life but smash, release milk to make new humans, get a job to feed the new humans you made, and pretend that you're doing something by watching them graduate high school or university. I used to think Freud was a pervert, but I think he was on to something.

Then couples should be glad and joyful when they walk into their rooms and find their partners getting it on with another. Even die hard non religious folks feel uneasy.
Firstly, the measure of a man is that he can control his desires.
To say sx was always outta of hand is to say that sxual urges cannot be contained or handled by the owner of the body!? This is a lie. But is the propaganda fed by Satan and his ilks.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

Even you don't understand what you wrote there.

This plot is like an old Kung Fu movie where the hero has to complete a series of challenges of increasing difficulty.
What is the point of this elaborate script?
The bible says so. It makes perfect sense though.
Babies are too young to know right from wrong, but they'll be given a chance to prove who they want to serve.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
analice107:

I no fit understand you sef. Sometime you talk I go confuse Weda na you talk am, sometime you go fly back to satanic mood. But you better pass dalaman.
Lol.smh.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ovamboland:

If you get to know how the Bible was clobbered together by manipulators, rulers and ambitious men to maintain control and revenue all your illusion will clear.
There's nothing new in all we are doing today for their Basilica we have our 3km church, same fate that befell them will happen here, it will become shopping malls or night clubs.

Have you wondered why offspring of those that passionately sold the christian idea to your forefathers have largely abandoned the faith? They got to know the real truth behind it all, some still remain like you saying even if it is false we believe by faith.
If looking into that same Bible, I didn't see that almost all believers will fall out of faith, I would have believed that Christianity is a fraud, but what you just said, I found it inside the Bible. You see!! This is why I believe the Bible. What it says comes to pass.
Tell you the truth, I appreciate Seun so much for opening this thread and for the person who led me to it. Coming here, reading everything you guys say here, has solidified my faith. I am 100% certain now, that Christianity is true. So many questions in my mind has been answered here.
So many scriptures have been fulfilled. To see you guys turn against God so much gives me the assurance that my Saviour is true. He told me about you. Ride on, we shall surely meet again, whether together as sheep or separated on the other side as a goat.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2016
dalaman:

Tell the holy spirit to shut up, I blaspheme against the holy spirit. Do you ever lose sleep when a Muslim threatens you will hell or tells you that you will suffer when you die for mocking Allah and Mohammed? The way you feel over their baseless threats is exactly how I feel over you fictitious threat of some mythical and fictitious holy spirit. Tell the holy spirit to go and get another virgin pregnant, this time in Nigeria and not is Israel.
You just confirmed what I said, there's no hope for you. Antichrist recruit. Satan's little helper.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:
Do newborn babies get to leave with the mothers during the rapture? In the Bible, a mother could be driving on the highway and the holy spirit will just remove her from the vehicle, without giving a Fuk about the safety of the other occupants or motorists.

Doctors performing surgery on conjoined twins will be removed mid surgery so that they can enter the rapture wind. SMH.
SirWere, reason small nah. Na only wen it comes to spiritual issues that your reasons takes leave of you? Spirits don't have age ranges. All spirits are equal. No young, no old. No mother, no child over there. Pls nah, na waoo
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by finofaya: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

If i realise that the only existing God is not yahweh, I'd doubt my religion. And accuse God of lying. Period.
Because, He says in his Word that There's no other God besides Him.
Simple. Open and shut. He'd be in the same category as the devil - a liar- .
He wouldnt have legal justification to sentence a soul to hell for lying , if He himself doesnt have clean hands.
It's not complicated.

Notice how you simply fail to recognise that Yahweh could not exist. Can a lie be told by someone non existent?

".. Since the rapture can't happen as far as you are concerned.."
This is the crux, what if it happens inspite of your stance!? It blows all you held as truth to smitherings.

Yes. Truth makes mince meat of falsehood.

You see, your OP is asking atheists whether they will deny God's existence after they have come to realise that he exists. That's a catch 22. Look at how it played out in your answer above after I put the question back to you. The best I can do for you is assume that things without apparent explanation have happened, not that the rapture referred to in the bible has happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

SirWere. Lol. Stop it, your blackmail tactics is very weak. The souls of the mothers are his, the souls of the children are also his. AND, SirWere, no child will be left behind, so pls stop the lame blackmail.
You didn't create anything. The one created it decides what and how he wants things done. Cry, kill yourself, it won't change.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by dalaman: 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
analice107:

You just confirmed what I said, there's no hope for you. Antichrist recruit. Satan's little helper.

Who is this fictional character you call satan?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa. SirWere nogokillmeooo. Mao Tse Tung, didn't become Mao Tse Tung as a child. He grew up and had ambitions, just like Hitler. Every child is born tabular rasa. Stuff gets imputed into the child as he grows up.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

LOL, @pretend you are doing something by watching them grow. That's correct, because you have no hand in their growth, only God is involved there.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by analice107: 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
finofaya:

Notice how you simply fail to recognise that Yahweh could not exist. Can a lie be told by someone non existent?

You see, your OP is asking atheists whether they will deny God's existence after they have come to realise that he exists. That's a catch 22. Look at how it played out in your answer above after I put the question back to you. The best I can do for you is assume that things without apparent explanation have happened, not that the rapture referred to in the bible has happened.
OK Yahweh doesn't exist. Then rest nah.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by finofaya: 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
analice107:

OK Yahweh doesn't exist. Then rest nah.

I was resting before the OP came along na. You?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

Then couples should be glad and joyful when they walk into their rooms and find their partners getting it on with another.
Even die hard non religious folks feel uneasy.
Firstly, the measure of a man is that he can control his desires.
To say sx was always outta of hand is to say that sxual urges cannot be contained or handled by the owner of the body!? This is a lie. But is the propaganda fed by Satan and his ilks.

The bolded doesn't make sense.
You sound like a Shaolin pesin. Or a Catholic priest. They stay away from sex, tongue in cheek.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
finofaya:

You're beating around the bush.
I said, if (not the word) , I found out at the end of the day that God commited a falsehood or the bible
lied outrightly , I'll change my perception of God.
(that is as a christian, I believe in God). As an atheists, you dont.
And since you dont, then the rapture is simply b.s.
But, the rapture, mark of the beast are events prophesied to happen in the future .
The truth is either going to be a) it wont happen b) it will happen.
Time doesnt matter here. I could happen today/tomorrow or in the next 3000 years!
But that doesnt change the truth. which is, it will either happen or not.
My question is, if it happens what would ardent atheists say?!
Note, dissapearance of large number of people on a global scale has never occured before,
so it will be a spectacular event.
They'll be eye witnesses giving similar accounts of how it happened.
It's not going be something that can just be swept under the carpet as christian propaganda.
What spin would you as an atheist put on it?

All arguments for the existence of God have been from historical data or logic .
But this wont be an argument, or reasoning match, but rather a right before your eyes
fulfillment of prophecy.

You can interprete this question as you like because nothing i say will persuade otherwise,
but it's an interesting enquiry.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Weah96: 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
asalimpo:

You're beating around the bush.
I said, if (not the word) , I found out at the end of the day that God commited a falsehood or the bible
lied outrightly , I'll change my perception of God.
(that is as a christian, I believe in God). As an atheists, you dont.
And since you dont, then the rapture is simply b.s.
But, the rapture, mark of the beast are events prophesied to happen in the future .
The truth is either going to be a) it wont happen b) it will happen.
Time doesnt matter here. I could happen today/tomorrow or in the next 3000 years!
But that doesnt change the truth. which is, it will either happen or not.
My question is, if it happens what would ardent atheists say?!
Note, dissapearance of large number of people on a global scale has never occured before,
so it will be a spectacular event.
They'll be eye witnesses giving similar accounts of how it happened.
It's not going be something that can just be swept under the carpet as christian propaganda.
What spin would you as an atheist put on it?

All arguments for the existence of God have been from historical data or logic .
But this wont be an argument, or reasoning match, but rather a right before your eyes
fulfillment of prophecy.

You can interprete this question as you like because nothing i say will persuade otherwise,
but it's an interesting enquiry.

The Bible authors were savvy enough to remind you not to doubt any of the contents. So good luck trying to find out if it is the truth or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by herald9: 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ah!

Seems we have two worlds - The Bible world and the Real world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
Weah96:

The bolded doesn't make sense.
You sound like a Shaolin pesin. Or a Catholic priest. They stay away from sex, tongue in cheek.

Notice that sxual pervesions are on the increase?
Is this still man's biological urges seeking outlets for expressions?
Or is a result of the worlds exploding population?
pedophilia, sxual harrasment at workplaces/schools etc are at an all time high.
Would you rank these happenings as just natural libido occuring or that something is fundamentally
wrong in society in the sx department?

It's not an issue of population size but degree of sxualization of modern society and mass failings of people
in containing their sxual urges.
Things that were never heard off in our societies, are now common place.
Somebody sleeping with a baby! in our society 20 years ago how would such news have been received?
Father sleeping with daughter!
Mother with son!
Go ask magistrate judges what they hear everyday and you'll know that those things are typical occurences.
Are these things normal or are they not heightened driven madness?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church / For Husbands And Fathers' Only / What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.