Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,450 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? (7585 Views)

We Must Monitor The Nation Of Israel If We Want To Know When Rapture Will Occur / What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=asalimpo post=43610875][/quote]

It becomes inanimate because you want to give credit to an imaginary god. I gave you an ASSERTION not a belief. In other to protect your delusion you're trying to force my assertion under the umbrella of your beliefs. For the umpteeth time....! Time as a creator is not a diety..!!!

If you want to be ignorant that's your problem. Mere observation. you cannot do without the air you breathe, the food you eat, the time you've spent so far in existence. Therefore you are one with nature. Do You need scriptures to tell you that..?

I can tell you authoritatively that you don't know the god you worship. If you do not know about his inheritance from El.... Why am I giving you too much credit. I should know better. You believe in rapture. When next you read your babble try and read it without deluding yourself with holyspirit. Read to understand not read to believe. I don't like quoting scriptures because fear induced brain like yours would interpret a direct statement under the guise holyspirit.

For starters go read psalm and deutoronomy. Pay attention to psalms 82. And deu 32. And see if they are talking about a council of Gods polytheism or a supreme God monotheism.

Also, I hope I'm not asking for too much. That you know the meaning of INHERITANCE

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
GooseBaba:

It becomes inanimate because you want to give credit to an imaginary god.

Time is a dimension, in physics.
By its nature it is inanimate.
A non-living thing.
Stop trying to give it qualities it doesnt have.

I gave you an ASSERTION not a belief. In other to protect your delusion you're trying to force my assertion under the umbrella of your beliefs.

you EITHER believe what you said or you didnt. If you didnt then what was the point stating it . If you didnt believe it, then you admit you were wrong or you arent fully persuaded about your stand.

For the umpteeth time....! Time as a creator is not a diety..!!!

this defies common sense and reasoning. Also you have no authoritative canon backing up your claim, making your claim all the more dubious.

If you want to be ignorant that's your problem.

Mere observation. you cannot do without the air you breathe, the food you eat, the time you've spent so far in existence. Therefore you are one with nature. Do You need scriptures to tell you that..?

a better word would be 'dependent' on nature. Oneness is a state of unity and harmony with another entity/thing.
You need water,food,air,shelter. Material things, does that bond you with them, where you get lost and submerged in them?
Dyu bond with the water you bath with or the air you breathe?

I can tell you authoritatively that you don't know the god you worship. If you do not know about his inheritance from El....

if it's not in the bible,its inadmissible.

Why am I giving you too much credit. I should know better. You believe in rapture. When next you read your babble try and read it without deluding yourself with holyspirit.

i read the bible not 'babble' . Use the right word.
I believe in the rapture,it's biblical.
It is clearly stated in it. If you have a counter argument,prove it from the bible.
How do you delude yourself with the holy spirit?

Read to understand not read to believe. I don't like quoting scriptures because fear induced brain like yours would interpret a direct statement under the guise holyspirit.

you mean understand but doubt?
Impossible and contradictory.
Fear induced brains- believing the rapture induces fear?
Nice reasoning from you.

For starters go read psalm and deutoronomy. Pay attention to psalms 82. And deu 32. And see if they are talking about a council of Gods polytheism or a supreme God monotheism.

this adds no value to you main argument which you shied away from proving: time created God.
Nor does it contribute to the issue of the rapture.
An inanimate object created supreme intelligence.

Also, I hope I'm not asking for too much. That you know the meaning of INHERITANCE

if you want to get insultive,be bold enuff to say so.
It's actually in you people's nature,atheists, to get rabid and want to insult God,the bible etc if given a chance.

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=asalimpo post=43624223][/quote]

You're clearly a slowpoke..... I made mention that Yahweh received his inheritance. You replied that it needed citation. I provided citation. You then deflect and ignore evidence provided.

Also, you keep exposing your shallow thought process. The air you breathe, the food and water you digest in body is not one with you abi... They're separate when this process takes place.... Why am I even surprised... You've got rapture on your mind...

Let's not forget what started our discussion. I made it clear that a creator does not have to be a diety. Then I put it to you that TIME created God.

Clearly, the god you chose to defend was never a creator God, which the babble you get directions from clearly stated that there came a TIME that Yahweh was ALLOTTED HIS INHERITANCE , the land of Israel. So your argument to defend god in the imaginary person of Yahweh is null and void from the onset. Have you ever inherited your paychecks from yourself...? How can a creator God inherit anything.?

Since you're soooo daft that you cannot seperate the creator of God from the creator concepts of the universe as we know it. Then my friend I leave you to your ignorance.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 8:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
GooseBaba:

You're clearly a slowpoke..... I made mention that Yahweh received his inheritance. You replied that it needed citation. I provided citation. You then deflect and ignore evidence provided.

fastpoke, who is yahweh,speak english. I know God the father,Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
You provided evidence from where? The bible? You accept the bible evidence yet reject its prophecy about the rapture?
Who gave the inheritance? Time?
Elucidate.

Also, you keep exposing your shallow thought process. The air you breathe, the food and water you digest in body is not one with you abi... They're separate when this process takes place.... Why am I even surprised... You've got rapture on your mind...

so according to you, when a person eats,or drinks or breathes He is 'uniting' with the object consumed. When you eat meat are you one with the cow?
You are exposing you "deep" thinking.

Let's not forget what started our discussion. I made it clear that a creator does not have to be a diety.

according to you. In this issue your opinions carry no weight,
it's scripture or not.
This assertion is infact meaningless.
Whoever created life,is God.
The diety c.rap you're spewing is irrelevant.

Then I put it to you that TIME created God.

yeah. You made the most illogical assertion any thinking being could.
Time (an inanimate object) created supreme intelligence!
Hunh!
What next, cinema seats(inanimates) will produce audiences(animates).

Clearly, the god you chose to defend was never a creator God, which the babble you get directions from clearly stated that there came a TIME that Yahweh was ALLOTTED HIS INHERITANCE , the land of Israel. So your argument to defend god in the imaginary person of Yahweh is null and void from the onset. Have you ever inherited your paychecks from yourself...? How can a creator God inherit anything.?

you capitalise time to make it say what? That Time gave God something. Could you be so hollow?
Besides, do you not see God calling Isreal his inheritance, God requesting that parts of something (He created all things) be dedicated to Him, (How can you give something to Someone who created all?) etc.
Like most atheists you lack the context to make your thrust.
Trying to build straws out of isolated verses taken out of context.

If you can't call it bible, you keep and read your responses to yourself.

Since you're soooo daft that you cannot seperate the creator of God from the creator concepts of the universe as we know it. Then my friend I leave you to your ignorance.

Another convoluted baseless argument.
"creator of God from creator-concept of the universe" !
God has a creator! Then He couldnt have created all things.
You talk of being daft, read your last statement!

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=asalimpo post=43627299][/quote]
When you eat, the food particles are broken down into microscopic molecules that are taken up by your cells to CREATE your body - your skin, hair, organs, fingernails, are all constantly being rebuilt using the atoms in the food you consume (animal, plant); your body is literally made of recycled animals and plants. Likewise the oxygen molecules you breath in physically become a part of the energy-generating machinery in your cells, interacting and combining with the molecules that make up you.

And the waste you produce (carbon dioxide, heat, & digestive waste) go into the environment and fuel the energy-generating machinery of plants and fungi. Also, our bodies (inside and out) are home to trillions of micro-organisms, which feed on our dead skin cells, the food remnants in our guts, and even our sweat and urogenital secretions. In turn they aid our digestion, or help protect us from pathogenic bacteria, so we also benefit from their presence (called a mutualistic relationship). This unique collection of bacteria we all house on and in our bodies is termed "The Human Microbiome." Each of us is a literal biome.

We are inextricably one with nature. Anyone who claims otherwise needs to actually learn about nature.

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=asalimpo post=43627299][/quote]

And there you have it.....out of context indeed. Rapture has eaten deep into your brain. A god that allotted himself an inheritance. Why do I expect you to align the food you ingest into your body to be one with nature. Is cow not part of nature. You just keep exposing your enormous short comings... Smh....

That babble really got your mind fuvked up!!!!

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 1:48am On Mar 10, 2016
cloudgoddess:

When you eat, the food particles are broken down into microscopic molecules that are taken up by your cells to CREATE your body - your skin, hair, organs, fingernails, are all constantly being rebuilt using the atoms in the food you consume (animal, plant); your body is literally made of recycled animals and plants. Likewise the oxygen molecules you breath in physically become a part of the energy-generating machinery in your cells, interacting and combining with the molecules that make up you.

And the waste you produce (carbon dioxide, heat, & digestive waste) go into the environment and fuel the energy-generating machinery of plants and fungi. Also, our bodies (inside and out) are home to trillions of micro-organisms, which feed on our dead skin cells, the food remnants in our guts, and even our sweat and urogenital secretions. In turn they aid our digestion, or help protect us from pathogenic bacteria, so we also benefit from their presence (called a mutualistic relationship). This unique collection of bacteria we all house on and in our bodies is termed "The Human Microbiome." Each of us is a literal biome.

We are inextricably one with nature. Anyone who claims otherwise needs to actually learn about nature.
Save the lesson. Oneness , is a wrong word. We humans, are part material. Part immaterial(soul and spirit). Our material part needs material sustenance. There's the ecosystem balance thing. We need cloths,food,shelter,phones etc.
On the other hand, food doesnt need us, trees dont need us, air (polluted or not doesnt need us),
as a matter of fact,you can take all the human beings out of the planet and it will do fine. Air wont cry. Water wont die.
But you cant take the planet from man and man will survive. Because, man needs the planet.
Man isnt UNITED with the elements . They dont bond and relate.
Man has to tend the planet and mantain the balance of the system, which he isnt doing well anyway. The planet was made for man but not man for the planet.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 2:06am On Mar 10, 2016
GooseBaba:

And there you have it.....out of context indeed. Rapture has eaten deep into your brain. A god that allotted himself an inheritance. Why do I expect you to align the food you ingest into your body to be one with nature. Is cow not part of nature. You just keep exposing your enormous short comings... Smh....

That babble really got your mind fuvked up!!!!
Apart from cheap name calling and insults, you've not been able
to put together any coherent logical argument to buttress your point.
Talk of my brain being messed up,what dyu have upstairs?

You present the silliest argument ,even your fellow atheists will cringe at - because it's clearly nonsensical - yet have the effrontery to hurl insults.

How dyu say something as patently st.upid as, time (an inanimate object) created a Supreme being , God (an animate object).
Epic nonsense. Then when parallels to that garbage logic you spilled are drawn, you retort with more baseless jabs : "shallow mind " , etc.

Atheism fried what decaying brain cells you had!
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by cloudgoddess(f): 2:15am On Mar 10, 2016
asalimpo:

Save the lesson. Oneness , is a wrong word. We humans, are part material. Part immaterial(soul and spirit). Our material part needs material sustenance. There's the ecosystem balance thing. We need cloths,food,shelter,phones etc.
On the other hand, food doesnt need us, trees dont need us, air (polluted or not doesnt need us),
as a matter of fact,you cant take all the human beings out of the planet and it will do fine. Air wont cry. Water wont die.
But you cant take the planet from man and man will survive. Because, man needs the planet.
Man has to tend the planet and mantain the balance of the system, which he isnt doing well anyway. The planet was made for man but not man for the planet.
Save the lesson.
You need it. I'm sorry but don't pretend you knew even half of that information - this entire comment proves so.

There's the ecosystem balance thing. We need cloths,food,shelter,phones etc.

Trees DO need us, as I mentioned. They intake the carbon dioxide we produce, it's vital to their metabolism. Air and water aren't living so they do not have needs. And phones do not consitute as a biological need.

How can you say this again when I just described precisely how that is so? This shows you did not process or understand what I was saying. Our bodies are carbon, oxygen, calcium, potassium, sulfur etc. There is no human being that is not completely made up of elements - which are constantly being replaced and reacted with elements of other living beings and nonliving materials.

Part immaterial(soul and spirit).
This claim requires proof. Where is it? Because there is plenty of evidence that strongly suggests this is not the case. Souls and spirits are likely nothing more than a product of human imagination. Like gnomes and fairies.

The planet was made for man but not man for the planet.
More claims which no evidence points towards. For example, why do we have dinosaur fossils dating back millions of years, before humans even walked the planet? How is the planet made for us when for over 95% of the earth's existence, we were not present? Were the archaebacteria, dinosaurs, wooly mammoths just warming it up for us?

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 3:31am On Mar 10, 2016
cloudgoddess:

There's the ecosystem balance thing. We need cloths,food,shelter,phones etc.

Trees DO need us, as I mentioned. They intake the carbon dioxide we produce, it's vital to their metabolism. Air and water aren't living so they do not have needs. And phones do not consitute as a biological need.

How can you say this again when I just described precisely how that is so? This shows you did not process or understand what I was saying. Our bodies are carbon, oxygen, calcium, potassium, sulfur etc. There is no human being that is not completely made up of elements - which are constantly being replaced and reacted with elements of other living beings and nonliving materials.
Our bodies are material. And so needs material sustenance and replenishment.
That's why were created and placed in material world. Sorrounded with the material resources we
need to live here.
But the totality of a person isnt all material - proof (the bible: 1 Thess 5v23).
It is from the Bible , I know that i'm not just a body but a body,soul and spirit.

The planet was made for man but not man for the planet.

More claims which no evidence points towards. For example, why do we have dinosaur fossils dating back millions of years, before humans even walked the planet? How is the planet made for us when for over 95% of the earth's existence, we were not present? Were the archaebacteria, dinosaurs, wooly mammoths just warming it up for us?

If you know my stance of life and so on, you'll know that the bible is my authority on matters of life,
man's origin, man's destination etc. Over and above any other authority.
So my answer again will be typical, from the bible.
Verses abound , i dont need to cite them.
But look at the Genesis account. God made the planet, before making man.

Why are they dinosaurs?
I could conjecture.
But it would just be a conjecture without definitive biblical authority.
In the Genesis account, the word was "replenish" the earth.
Not plenish. The earth was without "form and darkness covered the face of the earth ".
In some literature, it is held that The first earth had no man in it.
There was war, satan was thrown out, the first earth was destroyed.
Then God re-created the earth. That's when Man came on the scene.
But nevertheless, on the authority of the bible alone, it is unequivocally clear that
God made earth for man.

Even presently, man isnt one with nature.
When you say One, you mean a state of harmony and peaceful co-existence . Man can achieve that.
Use only natural substances. No artificial chemicals etc. Dont harm the environment.

But if you say One, in the same as completely bonded,united,connected - then
you are wrong. because one can't live without the other.
You and your shadow are one. It goes with you where you go.
You and your heart are one (even that is wrong, you depend on your heart but your heart doesnt depend on you!), but that can pass.
Nature comprises more than the trees and inanimate elements, man's oneness with nature would
mean a oneness with the other things that constitute nature.
the planktons and microscopic creatures , the small shrubs and tall trees , the rodents, the insects,
the fish in the sea, all of nature.
Is man one with them?
when a fish dies does a part of man die?

Look at the economic system in a society for example:
enterprenuers create products employing labour , capital, and management.
the higher workers to create the goods.
the workers contribute their labour and get paid wages.
the enterprenuers sell the goods and make money to pay the workers.
without the workers, they'll be no labour and goods can't be produced.
without the wages, workers can't survive.
Are workers now one with the economic system?
or are they one with their employers?
They are simply co-dependent on each other.
Saying they're one is abusing the term,because you are implying a bond stronger than is.

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 3:55am On Mar 10, 2016
asalimpo:

Apart from cheap name calling and insults, you've not been able
to put together any coherent logical argument to buttress your point.
Talk of my brain being messed up,what dyu have upstairs?

You present the silliest argument ,even your fellow atheists will cringe at - because it's clearly nonsensical - yet have the effrontery to hurl insults.

How dyu say something as patently st.upid as, time (an inanimate object) created a Supreme being , God (an animate object).
Epic nonsense. Then when parallels to that garbage logic you spilled are drawn, you retort with more baseless jabs : "shallow mind " , etc.

Atheism fried what decaying brain cells you had!

Exactly.... The babble has destroyed your brain.

You don't know what a theory is, hence you lump evolution theory to atheism.

You don't know what inheritance means, hence you delude yourself with taking scriptures out of context.

Your god appeared out of nowhere and that is not absurd, but time creating god you start sniffing your armpits..

Since you are ashamed to call the bible god Yahweh. You might as well leave his book alone. undecided

Meanwhile, i was wondering why someone would be so stupid. I finally figured it out. You are doing everything to keep an increase in pages. You got me on that one though.

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2016
GooseBaba:

Exactly.... The babble has destroyed your brain.

You don't know what a theory is, hence you lump evolution theory to atheism.

You don't know what inheritance means, hence you delude yourself with taking scriptures out of context.

Your god appeared out of nowhere and that is not absurd, but time creating god you start sniffing your armpits..

Since you are ashamed to call the bible god Yahweh. You might as well leave his book alone. undecided

Meanwhile, i was wondering why someone would be so stupid. I finally figured it out. You are doing everything to keep an increase in pages. You got me on that one though.

it's retards like you who come online trying to make a point by saying something patently s.tupid and not see the foolishness in it.
Like the non living ( Time) creating the living (God)! How much more s.tupid could you get.

Since, you are too biased to acknowledge the traditions in the bible, then stop tryna raise complex arguments above your head.
You are too hollow to understand by the way.

An infinite,everlasting God without beginning or end, bugles the mind.
So,you have to explain His origin by saying somethng s.tupid.
Something defying logic, with no authoritative backing.

Atheists dont believe in God, then evolution is all they've got.
Or will you say something silly and off the chart of reason like "time created man"?

Since you cant reason intelligently, you quickly resort to name calling,insult hurling to hide your emptiness.
But with every post you make, your incapacity for logical discourse is confirmed.
You sound pitiful, go have a rest. Dimwit.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
asalimpo:

it's retards like you who come online trying to make a point by saying something patently s.tupid and not see the foolishness in it.
Like the non living ( Time) creating the living (God)! How much more s.tupid could you get.

Since, you are too biased to acknowledge the traditions in the bible, then stop tryna raise complex arguments above your head.
You are too hollow to understand by the way.

An infinite,everlasting God without beginning or end, bugles the mind.
So,you have to explain His origin by saying somethng s.tupid.
Something defying logic, with no authoritative backing.

Atheists dont believe in God, then evolution is all they've got.
Or will you say something silly and off the chart of reason like "time created man"?

Since you cant reason intelligently, you quickly resort to name calling,insult hurling to hide your emptiness.
But with every post you make, your incapacity for logical discourse is confirmed.
You sound pitiful, go have a rest. Dimwit.

Lmao......!!!!! @ a living god. A belief is not an authority, and you keep on exposing your enormous stu.pidity on evolution THEORY... There's no cure for a fool. Carry on.... Hahahahaha..

There's is no room to reason intelligently with someone who sees a babble as an authoritative document. That guides his thoughts process...
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by cloudgoddess(f): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
asalimpo:

So in other words, "I won't consider any of the completely rational things you are saying because I trust my bible more than I trust sense."

It looks like I am done here. There is a wall clouding your reasoning right now and that wall is your religious indoctrination. Because of that wall, you arrongantly refuse to learn about how life and nature actually operate. Because of that wall, what would be seen by a reasonable person as a valid and convincing argument, can not get through to you. You will clearly believe what you have been brainwashed to believe no matter what I present here.

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2016
GooseBaba:

Lmao......!!!!! @ a living god. A belief is not an authority, and you keep on exposing your enormous stu.pidity on evolution THEORY... There's no cure for a fool. Carry on.... Hahahahaha..

There's is no room to reason intelligently with someone who sees a babble as an authoritative document. That guides his thoughts process...

You reason intelligently? keep dreaming.
You are barely coherent. Can barely string together the words to convey your fallowness.

time created God? I thought i had heard it all.

One sign of shallow people like you, is that they resort to name calling, jeering and insults
to cover up for their emptiness.
before your 3rd post you degenerated to this.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 1:18am On Mar 11, 2016
cloudgoddess:

So in other words, "I won't consider any of the completely rational things you are saying because I trust my bible more than I trust sense."

It looks like I am done here. There is a wall clouding your reasoning right now and that wall is your religious indoctrination. Because of that wall, you arrongantly refuse to learn about how life and nature actually operate. Because of that wall, what would be seen by a reasonable person as a valid and convincing argument, can not get through to you. You will clearly believe what you have been brainwashed to believe no matter what I present here.
You are simply throwing accusations.
A lot of your position and science is conjectures.

"learn how life and nature operate"!
- you said man and nature is ONE!
Then tried to substantiate.
I said, Man is DEPENDENT on Nature.
And that the planet was designed to inhabit man.
Further demonstrating that materiality was created to serve man, not otherwise.

I don't need a bible to take this position.

Brainwashed,indoctrinated? By the bible? Hunh.
You are more brainwashed by false science. Bigbang Evolution is hogwash.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2016
yh yh i think athiest will believe but do kno that if heaven n hell is real it means either an earthnity of suffering or enjoyment ethernity means being imortal i dont see why humans in hell who r imortal will allow a demon who is imortal to torment him or her i mean what the point whats there to looose...
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
asalimpo:

You are simply throwing accusations.
A lot of your position and science is conjectures.

"learn how life and nature operate"!
- you said man and nature is ONE!
Then tried to substantiate.
I said, Man is DEPENDENT on Nature.
And that the planet was designed to inhabit man.
Further demonstrating that materiality was created to serve man, not otherwise.

I don't need a bible to take this position.

Brainwashed,indoctrinated? By the bible? Hunh.
You are more brainwashed by false science. Bigbang Evolution is hogwash.
Says person who has likely not read a single book on any of these topics, and has likely only heard twisted, caricatured misinformations from their pastors, of idiotic statements that no scientist has ever claimed, so that their followers can stay ignorant and distrustful of science. You have been decieved. Not a single thing I said was "conjecture", all basic, textbook science that any properly educated person would have already known. But again, you are brainwashed by your religion, you likely know little else, and your education, if you have had any, has failed you.

How can a person who has read on a variety of topics be brainwashed, but a person who has only read one book written 20 centuries ago, and does not even understand basic science, not be brainwashed? How can something be false when it has piles of evidence and research supporting it, but a patched-together collection of ancient stories be completely trustworthy, even though there is no evidence for any of it's claims & plenty of evidence against them? What you just did is called projection, reflecting your own flaws onto others to avoid facing the reality of your situation. I am not moved, because from my position you are very clearly ignorant and lacking knowledge. In a genuinely pitiable way.

Please read a book, and I am serious. Educate yourself. You can start with this free PDF, that discusses much of the science I mentioned in this discussion.

THE NATIONAL ACADEMY'S PRESS: Science, Evolution, and Creationism (2008)

Authors
Committee on Revising Science and Creationism: A View from the National Academy of Sciences; National Academy of Sciences; Institute of Medicine; National Academies

Description
How did life evolve on Earth? The answer to this question can help us understand our past and prepare for our future. Although evolution provides credible and reliable answers, polls show that many people turn away from science, seeking other explanations with which they are more comfortable.

http://www.nap.edu/read/11876/chapter/2

1 Like

Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
asalimpo:

You reason intelligently? keep dreaming.
You are barely coherent. Can barely string together the words to convey your fallowness.

time created God? I thought i had heard it all.

One sign of shallow people like you, is that they resort to name calling, jeering and insults
to cover up for their emptiness.
before your 3rd post you degenerated to this.

Coming from an idiot with a babble.....

Evolution theory equals atheism.... SMH...
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
GooseBaba:

Coming from an idiot with a babble.....

Evolution theory equals atheism.... SMH...
if only you something to say...
(where something = logical,sensible, sound).
Your most intelligent statement is foolish (time created God), the rest are insults, to hide your hollowness (babble, etc).

If only you had something worth thinking on to spill, if only...

Your next utterance i predict will fall into a) something illogical/unsound /nonsensical logic.
(time created God, God received inheritance -ignoring context)

or
b) Insult hurling (babble, etc).

You really are an empty vessel and it's showing in your responses!
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Says person who has likely not read a single book on any of these topics, and has likely only heard twisted, caricatured misinformations from their pastors, of idiotic statements that no scientist has ever claimed, so that their followers can stay ignorant and distrustful of science. You have been decieved. Not a single thing I said was "conjecture", all basic, textbook science that any properly educated person would have already known. But again, you are brainwashed by your religion, you likely know little else, and your education, if you have had any, has failed you.

How can a person who has read on a variety of topics be brainwashed, but a person who has only read one book written 20 centuries ago, and does not even understand basic science, not be brainwashed? How can something be false when it has piles of evidence and research supporting it, but a patched-together collection of ancient stories be completely trustworthy, even though there is no evidence for any of it's claims & plenty of evidence against them? What you just did is called projection, reflecting your own flaws onto others to avoid facing the reality of your situation. I am not moved, because from my position you are very clearly ignorant and lacking knowledge. In a genuinely pitiable way.

Please read a book, and I am serious. Educate yourself. You can start with this free PDF, that discusses much of the science I mentioned in this discussion.

THE NATIONAL ACADEMY'S PRESS: Science, Evolution, and Creationism (2008)

Authors
Committee on Revising Science and Creationism: A View from the National Academy of Sciences; National Academy of Sciences; Institute of Medicine; National Academies

Description
How did life evolve on Earth? The answer to this question can help us understand our past and prepare for our future. Although evolution provides credible and reliable answers, polls show that many people turn away from science, seeking other explanations with which they are more comfortable.

http://www.nap.edu/read/11876/chapter/2

You claim to be educated (and by extension ,versed in logical reasoning) yet you can't pursue a logical discussion without generating into personal attacks on your opponent.
How logical is that?

If you dont know how to argue decently; press your points logically-then dont engage in these things.
Find those that like taking bashings or side journeys and engage them.

Says person who has likely not read a single book on any of these topics, and has likely only heard twisted, caricatured misinformations from their pastors
Not read on evolution?
twisted, caricatured information from their pastors? -
You could do well to point out clearly what the twisted, caricatured information are.
And what's with the pastor part? Christians can think for themselves?
Your response is condescending and insulting.

of idiotic statements that no scientist has ever claimed, so that their followers can stay ignorant and distrustful of science

idiotic statements - what statements exactly? You could have given examples.

so that their followers can stay ignorant of and distrustful of science?
- many christians are as educated as you could name it.
In all fields of science. Churches use technology created by science.
so where did you get this spill from?
Who told you and what gives you the impression that pastors and christians are anti-science?

We are against what doesnt conform with the scriptures and when science conflicts with the Word
, science takes the back seat (at least in theory).

but a person who has only read one book written 20 centuries ago, and does not even understand basic science, not be brainwashed?
Does time mean obsolescence?
It is the norm that ideologies, fade out and require adjustment with time- but
does the mere passage of time, mean an idea is obsolete?
Think on that.
The answer is NO.
if an idea is perfect or consistent- then 1000 million years laters it won't need an update.
update for the sake of update is just meaningless norm.
Man's ideas require update an reappraisal every so often, why? because, man is always in the dark.
He is always in darkness, ignorance, lost. Hence he has to learn to push back the darkness and gain some insight. As he gains more insight, he modifies his former idea.
Improvement and change is because of imperfection.
On, the other hand, God is perfect, He is not learning or improving, hence, He doesnt need to
edit his Word. Don't classify the bible with other man made books because they are different.

even though there is no evidence for any of it's claims
'No' is an absolute word- of course this position is wrong.
The dating system you use is named after Jesus Christ . B.C, A.D,
that's enough evidence that the Man in the bible really existed.
Science has proved the bible right times and times over.
The Bible is 100% consistent .
A lot of what you mean by 'evidence' in most cases is 'physical evidence'
Evidence of the 5 senses.
But this goes against the position of God's principle and design.
By the bible, man is a spirit, with a soul, and a body.
and the real man is the spirit.
God is a spirit.
Saying if something isnt 5 sense percievable, it isnt real is a fallout of
fallen man's fallen thinking. Fallen man, can only percieve his body and mind,
and so asserts that if anything is out of these scope it isnt real.

Please read a book, and I am serious. Educate yourself.

You mean educate myself away from the Bible's stand on an issue?
An issue as fundamental as how life was formed?
Sorry, you education is a miseducation. It is deception. You are being decieved.
It doesnt matter how many books you read. How may phD's you bag.
When you step out of the bible's point, you in satan's territory and you've been set up for deception.

It is educated people who discovered that 'gayness' is in the 'blood' i.e in the genes.
So that people are predisposed to being gay and can't help it.
Yeah!! guess what, that idea isnt from God. When God was smoking sodom and gomorrhah
, He didnt say, "All those born gay, step aside ". They were all incinerated.
There's something called 'false science'.
Besides, not all scientists are agreed on the theory of evolution! Many Many believe in God.

On the other hand, I know of no scientist who rejects Einstein's theory of relativity?
That theory is clearly demonstrable.

Evolution is a conjecture . It has large logic loopholes. Too large to be ignored.

How did life evolve on Earth? The answer to this question can help us understand our past and prepare for our future.
The bible has answered this question. You can choose the bible's answer or sciences.
Eventually, this science you are so gong-ho about will dove-tail will blatant satan worship.
Notice, that in the eyes of science, there's no morality.
Because, morality cannot be proven.
i.e it's not subject to the 5 senses.
But they use worlds like 'ethical' - which is a thinly vieled synonym for conscience.
How hypocritical these people are. They believe that man is body only, a freak accident,
with no purpose in life and no future past the grave. Yet invoke judgement by conscience
- using a masking word like 'ethical'.

The bible says what the future is: for unbelievers and believers alike.
If you are not in Christ, you have no future. period.

Although evolution provides credible and reliable answers
Evolution is a scam. It may provide some answers but it is a logical debacle.
The bible also provides definite answers that evolution is trying to answer.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
asalimpo:

if only you something to say...
(where something = logical,sensible, sound).
Your most intelligent statement is foolish (time created God), the rest are insults, to hide your hollowness (babble, etc).

If only you had something worth thinking on to spill, if only...

Your next utterance i predict will fall into a) something illogical/unsound /nonsensical logic.
(time created God, God received inheritance -ignoring context)

or
b) Insult hurling (babble, etc).

You really are an empty vessel and it's showing in your responses!

Empty vessel..... Guy you too funny... I'm not the one who needs a babble before I can reason objectively. undecided

You're the idiot trying to make atheism a religious group. Through the power of evolution THEORY... How else do I address a dunce who sees himself as an intelligent cretin..

The idiot that equals an assertion as a belief. Since you must subject everything to your babble. I say rest in stu.pid..
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
GooseBaba:

Empty vessel..... Guy you too funny... I'm not the one who needs a babble before I can reason objectively. undecided

You're the idiot trying to make atheism a religious group. Through the power of evolution THEORY... How else do I address a dunce who sees himself as an intelligent cretin..

The idiot that equals an assertion as a belief. Since you must subject everything to your babble. I say rest in stu.pid..
Like i said , if only you had something to say...
With no life in your brain all you can degenerate is gutter behaviour.
Without belief in a creator all you are left with is evolution.
Stop being daft. Do some thinking for once...

As for saying you are an empty vessel,its no cuss.
You are simply hollow.
Any1 saying time created God , is epic in that department..
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
asalimpo:

Like i said , if only you had something to say...
With no life in your brain all you can degenerate is gutter behaviour.
Without belief in a creator all you are left with is evolution.
Stop being daft. Do some thinking for once...

As for saying you are an empty vessel,its no cuss.
You are simply hollow.
Any1 saying time created God , is epic in that department..

I don hear..... Rest in stu.pid..
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by asalimpo(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2016
GooseBaba:

I don hear..... Rest in stu.pid..
same to you.
Re: When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? by GooseBaba: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
asalimpo:

same to you.

I hope no hard feelings... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists / The Enigma Called 'Cele' / Share Your Sunday Sermon Topic And Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.