Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire (20447 Views)

Reflections On Rape: Your Husband Or Boyfriend Cannot Rape You! / Between Reno Omokri And A Lady On Twitter On Relationship Matters / What's your opinion on the Sun Girl On Page 3 Of Daily Sun Newspaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Progress2468(m): 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
sinaj:
Who knows how many he has raped b4

Rape has nothing to do with dressing, Itz just a sickness that needs to be treated.

You are asleep. Please wake up
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Progress2468(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
kullozone:
Truth be told. As a guy, there are ways a lady would dress and I'll be like 'wow' look at that a$$/boobs. Would probably stare for few seconds before going about my business. A serial rapist wouldn't walk away... He might walk away, depending on the environment but the fact is once he sees such girls, the idea of rape pops and he acts on it or start planning on how to carry out the act immediately.

That been said, a rapist is a rapist. He would rape in any condition. Decent or indecent dressing.

Una nor go ever hear word
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
ILOVEFOOD:
Notin justifies rape

Evn if a lady is stark naked
Nothing justifies robbery. Even if the properties are in the middle of the road.....but there's still robbery.
There's a reason you lock your doors at night. Apply that same logic to rape
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
Laveda:
" Our young ladies need to be taught a lesson on modesty in as much as rape is bad, don't expose yourself to it, don't be a willing prey to råpe.

That comment is spot on!!!

I concur
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Odani: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2016
Decker:
When this kind of discussion is raised, a lot of people argue that a rapist would rape any woman, irrespective of how she dresses. But one thing these people fail to understand is that_nudity or dressing indecently, sexually arouses a man and intensifies his desire and drive to have sex.
If a sexual offender who isn't in the mood to have sex, sees a woman dress indecently, he is immediately flooded with the compulsion to have sex with her. And due to his lack of self control and his believe of being personally inadequate to get the quick permission to have sex with her normal way, he submits to forceful desecration and defilement of her body.

I am not justifying rape, but women should be cautious and endeavor to stay away from anything that can lead to harm being done to them.
You can't dress provocatively at night and walk alone on a lonely street and expect not to get sexually harassed or raped.

Is sick people like u that we shud never ever leave our innocent children around. So all d babies that are being raped now are also guilty of indecent dressing. Here in uk where we all dress in sweaters and jackets ladies still get raped. Sick and psycho pipo everywhere

1 Like

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by kullozone(m): 6:20am On Mar 06, 2016
Progress2468:

Una nor go ever hear word

Hehe! Sorry sir, me dey hear word oh
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by EmmyDe25(m): 6:34am On Mar 06, 2016
sinaj:
Who knows how many he has raped b4

Rape has nothing to do with dressing, Itz just a sickness that needs to be treated.
Looking at this critically, the guy has a point. Though i joined in castigating one of his tweets which wasnt shown here but fact is, if we can protect some of our valuables from being stolen, what stops us from protecting our body from rapists by dressing modestly? On this issue of rape, we need to equally chastise those who present themselves as willing prey, same way we nail the rapists for this cruel act. Some of the things our ladies put on as clothes could be likened to rags and One of the ways in which we can stem the tide of this belabored topic called rape is for our ladies to learn how to dress decently. If we can shut the doors, lock the gates and sometimes the windows when we sleep at night, why can't we dress decently, knowing full well this would tad protect us from falling victim.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Progress2468(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2016
kullozone:

Hehe! Sorry sir, me dey hear word oh

I know for sure via ur pix
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by sinaj(f): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2016
EmmyDe25:

Looking at this critically, the guy has a point. Though i joined in castigating one of his tweets which wasnt shown here but fact is, if we can protect some of our valuables from being stolen, what stops us from protecting our body from rapists by dressing modestly? On this issue of rape, we need to equally chastise those who present themselves as willing prey, same way we nail the rapists for this cruel act. Some of the things our ladies put on as clothes could be likened to rags and One of the ways in which we can stem the tide of this belabored topic called rape is for our ladies to learn how to dress decently. If we can shut the doors, lock the gates and sometimes the windows when we sleep at night, why can't we dress decently, knowing full well this would tad protect us from falling victim.

I didn't reply anybody's mention coz I didn't av d time to,

First of all, Rape is a mental disease that can be treated like every other disease by a therapist.

I said rape has nothing to do with dressing because rape is just like OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder), they may seem normal, but are not normal upstairs.

They always have this compulsion to do actions repeatedly, such as raping people repeatedly.

They do it most times against their own will just like Manics(kleptomanics, nymphomanics)

You hear stories of rapists raping Old women, children, and even sick persons in the hospital, in this situation will u say they didn't dress well?

It's only a Lay man that will blame the victims of Rape, or blame it on dressing instead of blaming it on the Root cause and helping that individual because Rapist can actually be Treated.

Now even if a girl or stranger walks naked around you, any sane man will have that Moral or Discipline in him to refrain himself knowing too well that it's wrong, but Rapist lack that Sanity and Moral in them.

They can even rape even if it means dying after that.

So indecent dressing is not the cause for rape, It's a Disease!

Decker,omostar,domopps, PissedOffWeed,tranxo, atoleybaba,Adonis3, swaggprofessor, tottinova, Progress2468, mrsPhyno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by kullozone(m): 7:30am On Mar 06, 2016
Progress2468:

I know for sure via ur pix
Haba! That one na jus happiness sir. It's a blessing to some of us oh.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Progress2468(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2016
kullozone:

Haba! That one na jus happiness sir. It's a blessing to some of us oh.

Funny you, no wahala.

But warn those girls who want to dress hot to be careful
to avoid been hurt
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by kullozone(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2016
Progress2468:

Funny you, no wahala.
But warn those girls who want to dress hot to be careful to avoid been hurt
Yes sir. I'll do just that.

1 Like

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by sinaj(f): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2016
EmmyDe25:

Do u protect ur valuables more than the Way Banks protect money? Yet you still hear of bank robberies.

Does it mean that banks don't take appropriate preventive measure?
Evn with cctv cameras, vault nd other stuffs?

Try using another good illustration next time to convince me that indecent dressing is the cause of rape.

Good day!
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Progress2468(m): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2016
kullozone:

Yes sir. I'll do just that.

Well done bro
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Fkhalifa(m): 9:24am On Mar 06, 2016
Even after the topic has been thoroughly analysed by their fellow ladies, some still want to remain adamant and arrogant on their insipid opinion..

Not all rape cases is as a result of indecent dressing, but it triggers an average man's sexual desires,some guys will fight it hard to resist it,only honest guys will admit of what they go through in battling the desire, some guys release the energy on their legal woman,while others resort to madtubating ,the weak and evil ones I'll either drug or forcefully have their way...

A not so calm Lady, who can't reason deep may not understand a man's system because they were made differently

I I'll blame any lady around me who was raped as a result of her dressing, and if you like persist in dressing badly along with the women in your household, whatever become of you, we shall see.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by dplomaticVal: 2:07am On Mar 07, 2016
sinaj:

Do u protect ur valuables more than the Way Banks protect money? Yet you still hear of bank robberies.

Does it mean that banks don't take appropriate preventive measure?
Evn with cctv cameras, vault nd other stuffs?

Try using another good illustration next time to convince me that indecent dressing is the cause of rape.

Good day!

Indecent dressing may not be the cause of rape but among the factors that contribute to ®ape, ተhe aforementioned is one of thخm.
#BarrValonpoint
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by emekarl4u: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2016
MrsPhyno:
This world is full of sick people. Eg, the guy that made that comment.

Gbam.
................is a lie, it does, stop misleading girls and people in general. can u allow your sister to come out in that way?
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
emekarl4u:
................is a lie, it does, stop misleading girls and people in general. can u allow your sister to come out in that way?
I'm not answering all my mentions on this thread cause i'm tired of trying to appeal to the better nature and common sense of u rape apologists. (Btw, thanks sinaj smiley)

IF MY SISTER DRESSES THAT WAY, I DONT EXPECT A GUY TO RAPE HER. Rape is not something you do when you're Hot just like murder is not something you do when you're angry. It is abnormal. There are girls to seep with, there are prostitutes. This dangerous lie men are feeding themselves to justify their animalistic desires better stop.

Rape is not about sexual attraction per se, it is about power. What of all the rape cases that make FP on NL, how many of them are with a normal man and a sëxy babe in a club. No. Alot of them are uncles and their underage neices, random teachers and their students. Would you argue that those people too showed too much skin? So rape trends have shown nothing of the sort.

And as far as the "skin showing" myth, what about wearing extremely tight clothes? A Kim Kardashian-like body suit that shows every single curve. Even tho the whole skin is covered, we can reasonably argue that alot of men might be turned on by that. So to prevent rape, women shouldn't wear such close fitting clothes either abi. Or skirts above their knees. Or show any cleavage. Cant you see how irrational that is because their will always be a sick person some where turned on by even ankles. Meanwhile Muslims in hijabs and deeper life girls get raped just as often as everyone else.
Do you know how many people are raped as virgins? Those ones too are whòres shey?

Rape is abnormal. A girl will be fighting, screaming for her life, crying, biting you. And you will still "enter her by force". No normal man would enjoy that situation. Stop lying to yourselves. Also note, people have been being raped since the dawn of time, it has nothing to do with dressing. Even the famous rape incident in the bible was about power.

Rape is the only crime where they blame the victim. If someone was walking around late at night in a bad neighborhood, and a gang came and took their money at gunpoint; we would all be thinking that the robbers should be punished. Because no matter what, its not ok to wave a gun in someone's face and take their money. Same with murder, even if a woman took all your families money and made you guys broke for life, and you later find her, and kill her; we don't blame the woman for her own death.
Stop being a bunch of hypocrites please.

I won't say that all rapists are mentally disturbed. But rape as an act, is not sane. So stop making excuses for those that would commit it.

cc: everyone who quoted me, decker, kingebukasblog

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
Decker:

There is nothing 'gbammish' about that comment. Raping someone and having sex with someone is still sex. The only difference is that rape involves force without consent. What moves a man to_rape a woman is the same thing that would make a man want to have sex with another woman. The only difference here is that the former lacks self control, patience and doesn't feel he has what it takes to persuade her to have sex with him.

Dressing provocatively and indecently is what arouses a man and it's what fuels the desire to have sex or engage in any stimulating sexual activity. That's why men_masturbate to pictures of girls in playboy magazines and not pictures of nuns.
I just have to quote you. @Bolded, that is so so soooo untrue. Its egregious. Like I can't believe you believe that.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
MrsPhyno:

I just have to quote you. @Bolded, that is so so soooo untrue. Its egregious. Like I can't believe you believe that.

Egregious kwa? Lekwanu grammar. Lol.

There are two kinds of rapists. There are the ones that rape women because they are sexually excited by sexual violence and forced sex. They basically enjoy the thrill of it and the exertion of power and total control over their victims.

Then there are the ones who rape women due to sexual deprivation, lack of self control, coupled with relatively high libidos. These are the ones I am referring to and these are the ones prevalent in Nigeria. These people rape not because they love raping women, but because they don't have a choice, well according to them. What propels these kind of people to_rape, is the same thing that would push them to want to have sex - Forms of sexually arousal, of which nudity_and indecency is primary.
What they want is normal sex, but since they can't have it, then submit to forcefully taking it from any vulnerable and easily accessible female they can find.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by EmmyDe25(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
sinaj:

First of all, Rape is a mental disease that can be treated like every other disease by a therapist.

I said rape has nothing to do with dressing because rape is just like OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder), they may seem normal, but are not normal upstairs.

They always have this compulsion to do actions repeatedly, such as raping people repeatedly.

They do it most times against their own will just like Manics(kleptomanics, nymphomanics)

You hear stories of rapists raping Old women, children, and even sick persons in the hospital, in this situation will u say they didn't dress well?

It's only a Lay man that will blame the victims of Rape, or blame it on dressing instead of blaming it on the Root cause and helping that individual because Rapist can actually be Treated.

Now even if a girl or stranger walks naked around you, any sane man will have that Moral or Discipline in him to refrain himself knowing too well that it's wrong, but Rapist lack that Sanity and Moral in them.

Decker,omostar,domopps, PissedOffWeed,tranxo, atoleybaba,Adonis3, swaggprofessor, tottinova, Progress2468, mrsPhyno
It appears you misconstrued my stand on this, i am not apportioning blame to the victim; I'll never do that . My point exactly is; Yes, the rapists are guilty. However, "some" of these victims should equally be called out for sometimes dressing provocatively and leading these men into this dastard act. I do understand your point about chronic rapists. It is in their blood, regardless of how a lady dresses; they will still want to bed her. But i'm here talking about the average Joe; charged of rape, who on the basis of evidence stripped to bare bones got lured into the act by the lady, who then came out to start crying fowl of rape. I'd still maintain, these guys can't be unilaterally blamed. The ladies should as well be enlightened on decency in dressing just like Aisha Curry said. You don't need to wear those skimpy or enticing stuffs to look super sexy, you can always look flawless dressing decently.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by atoleybaba(m): 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
sinaj:

sinaj well as a sociologist, av done lot of research and in my school we even had a whole topic for rape....with research conducted, it had been observed that indecent dressing has been one of the major cause of rape. Most rape that has occurred as been due to d fact that d victim was either walking in a quiet area in an ungodly hour or she was dressing in a revealing manner. The other type of rape is called oppurtunist rapist(eg armed robbers or when there is war or riot) that is where ur examples of raping old women came in(most time).research av shown that at least 30% of people fell victim of rape cos of indecent dressing. All type of rapist are sick(like av said before) Buh ladies can reduce d chance being rape by dressing properly
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2016
MrsPhyno:

I'm not answering all my mentions on this thread cause i'm tired of trying to appeal to the better nature and common sense of u rape apologists. (Btw, thanks sinaj smiley)

IF MY SISTER DRESSES THAT WAY, I DONT EXPECT A GUY TO RAPE HER. Rape is not something you do when you're Hot just like murder is not something you do when you're angry. It is abnormal. There are girls to seep with, there are prostitutes. This dangerous lie men are feeding themselves to justify their animalistic desires better stop.

Rape is not about sexual attraction per se, it is about power. What of all the rape cases that make FP on NL, how many of them are with a normal man and a sëxy babe in a club. No. Alot of them are uncles and their underage neices, random teachers and their students. Would you argue that those people too showed too much skin? So rape trends have shown nothing of the sort.

And as far as the "skin showing" myth, what about wearing extremely tight clothes? A Kim Kardashian-like body suit that shows every single curve. Even tho the whole skin is covered, we can reasonably argue that alot of men might be turned on by that. So to prevent rape, women shouldn't wear such close fitting clothes either abi. Or skirts above their knees. Or show any cleavage. Cant you see how irrational that is because their will always be a sick person some where turned on by even ankles. Meanwhile Muslims in hijabs and deeper life girls get raped just as often as everyone else.
Do you know how many people are raped as virgins? Those ones too are whòres shey?

Rape is abnormal. A girl will be fighting, screaming for her life, crying, biting you. And you will still "enter her by force". No normal man would enjoy that situation. Stop lying to yourselves. Also note, people have been being raped since the dawn of time, it has nothing to do with dressing. Even the famous rape incident in the bible was about power.

Rape is the only crime where they blame the victim. If someone was walking around late at night in a bad neighborhood, and a gang came and took their money at gunpoint; we would all be thinking that the robbers should be punished. Because no matter what, its not ok to wave a gun in someone's face and take their money. Same with murder, even if a woman took all your families money and made you guys broke for life, and you later find her, and kill her; we don't blame the woman for her own death.
Stop being a bunch of hypocrites please.

I won't say that all rapists are mentally disturbed. But rape as an act, is not sane. So stop making excuses for those that would commit it.

cc: everyone who quoted me, decker, kingebukasblog

Ok then ... sorry about my post , thank you for taking your time to write this .

Stay blessed smiley
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok then ... sorry about my post , thank you for taking your time to write this .

Stay blessed smiley
That's alright. Sorry if I got a little sharp or harsh or emotional-sounding..... And no, I've never been raped before....

U too Ebuka grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout this hilarious whatsapp conversation / Valentine: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Done For Love? / How To End An Affair? (I'm Married)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.