Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire (20231 Views)

Reflections On Rape: Your Husband Or Boyfriend Cannot Rape You! / Between Reno Omokri And A Lady On Twitter On Relationship Matters / What's your opinion on the Sun Girl On Page 3 Of Daily Sun Newspaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by tranxo(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:
Well, I deserved it! grin

I could be annoying as hell sometimes...

Lol. Sometimes? You must be kidding with that understatement. Lol
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by doyinisaac(m): 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecidedClothing is not a significant factor in sexual Violence.

Sexual aggressors Would still Commit the dreaded act irrespective Of How short Your skirt is. or how much cleavage Your tank top reveals.

Yes, we get that. undecided Buh......

....truth be told, we can't just decide to wear Booty revealing clothes At 12 Mid9t, walking alone...With A mark on Our forehead screaming "YOU CAN'T RAPE ME EVEN IF I WALK AROUND NAKÈD" that's plain stupidity!

It's testing fate.
Although no one deserves rápe. there are ways to prevent it.

I Can't just leave my Phone in the library, bank or someplace Open and Not expect to have it get stolen. Of course It would get stolen. but then again, I could've prevented it. yes, The thief shouldn't have taken it. its not their business where i left it. Buh, honestly, I could've prevented it from getting stolen by Putting it in my purse, bag or something..
At the end, I'm the victim. the one who lost A phone.

Why?
because I was careless, ignorant and somewhat nonchalant.

Wearing provocative clothes doesn't mean You deserve to be rapèd, but it makes one more vulnerable. hence, fuelling the Evil, Causing the Rapist to Rápe.

You are intelligent but it's a shame that most ladies will still not agree with you....
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
tranxo:

Lol. Sometimes? You must be kidding with that understatement. Lol
Excuse me? angry

okay, I ain't annoying now, am I?cool

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
doyinisaac:
You are intelligent but it's a shame that most ladies will still not agree with you....
Well, their cup of tea! undecided

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
ournaijablog:
how many women have raped you for looking good? smiley

There is a difference between looking good and dressing indecently. They are not the same thing.

Even if I as a man dresses in a way that sexually arouses a woman, and the woman feels the urge to have sex with me, she won't_rape, because she knows she won't succeed. Men are generally more physically stronger than women. A man would move t_rape a woman because he believes it's easy to physical overpower her and have his way with her. That's why there are more male perpetuated rape and sexual abuse cases where women are victims as opposed to the female perpetuated ones where men are victims, that's if there are even any.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by chucky101(m): 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
I'm sure if his daughter or wife was raped in his presence he'll see things from a different perspective.
This is a barbaric behavior and him condoning rape in the slightest, shows a depraved mind.
Men are not lust-filled beasts who have no control over there desires. You won't say it's okay to rob a house because it has a wooden door.
These men only target women and kids because they are physically weaker. It's a weak and cowardly act that should never be tolerated and must be flushed out of human society.
As long as she hasn't broken the laws of the land with her dressing then she mustn't shoulder any part of the blame, even if she breaks the dress code, then you notify relevant authorities not rape her.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by tranxo(m): 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:
Excuse me? angry

okay, I ain't annoying now, am I?cool

Lol. Naaa. I wish you another two months of recovery. wink
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
karleone:

You just wrote my mind. God will bless and enlighten you more.

Amen. Thank you.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by brojoshua: 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
If the post is true, then I say most of the solutions that will save people from shame and permanent wounds, they will totally reject and even throw dirty insults on the persons who tell them the truth, so that they may continue to suffer the same calamity of rape and so on. Why? Because the way of peace they don't know. But the few wise people will learn from the godly advice. Most people will surely chose evil that more destructions and calamity may befall them.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by ournaijablog(f): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
Decker:

There is a difference between looking good and dressing indecently. They are not the same thing.

Even if I as a man dresses in a way that sexually arouses a woman, and the woman feels the urge to have sex with me, she won't rape, because she knows she won't succeed. Men are generally more physically stronger than women. A man would move to rape a woman because he believes it's easy to physical overpower her and have his way with her. That's why there are more male perpetuated rape and sexual abuse cases where women are victims as opposed to the female perpetuated ones where men are victims, that's if there are even any.
hehehehehe so you haven't heard where a woman raped a man? ehn we know physically men are stronger but I have seen n heard women beat their husbands and boyfriends, you should know sexual abuse doesn't go one way
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by pingpong1: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
magicminister:
[b]God help Nigerians!

First of all, even if a lady is buck naked and laying down on your bed, he "No" should be final.
Even if the tip of your peniss is in her vagina and she says no, you should pull out immediately.
There is no justification for rape whatsoever.

When i was in school, i witnessed a girl get raped. I was in my 3rd year while she was in her first year.
She was dressed decently and looking well mannered but her only crime was visiting her so called "boy friend".
I heard her screaming and begging from outside and i tried to intervene by banging on the door severally.
The boy totally ignored me... Then i summoned his neigbors and we got the door open. To my utter dismay, it was two boys that raped this girl and she was a virgin..... The shock on the girl's face haunted me for weeks.,, she was totally numb and couldn't utter a word... just tears!!!....

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR RAPE.
A RAPIST IS A RAPIST. IF YOU LIKE WEAR HIJAB OR DRESS LIKE A NUN, HE WILL STILL RAPE.
[/b]

If dressing modestly is a preventive measure for rape, then why do we still have cases of girls covered in hijab getting raped?
why do we have cases of men raping innocent children??
why do we have cases of pregnant women getting raped??

whoever this journalist is, i strongly recommend that he gets fired.
Instead of pushing for a stiffer penalty for convicted rapist, he is there telling women how to dress and what to do with their bodies....

How did the tip of my penis get to her vagina? Forcefully? Or she cooperated and at the point of penetration she suddenly says NO and at that point I should withdraw? Lecture me bro
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by oloyede252(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:
I think I grew Up! grin

that Good.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by tranxo(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
chucky101:
I'm sure if his daughter or wife was raped in his presence he'll see things from a different perspective.
This is a barbaric behavior and him condoning rape in the slightest, shows a depraved mind.
Men are not lust-filled beasts who have no control over there desires. You won't say it's okay to rob a house because it has a wooden door.
These men only target women because they are physically weaker. It's a weak and cowardly act that should never be tolerated and must be flushed out of human society.
As long as she hasn't broken the laws of the land with her dressing then she mustn't shoulder any part of the blame, even if she breaks the dress code, then you notify relevant authorities not rape her.
Bro you missed the point. Yes, rapists are devlish, psychotic, and deserve castration and lifetime solitary confinement. And there is no justification for a rape to happen.

But the point here is this, we have a problem that has several causes. Indecent dressing is only one cause (unless you are saying it's not). So what do we do? We look at the causes and start curbing them one at a time.

Will decent dressing stop rapes? NO.

Will decent dressing reduce rapes? YES.

....and that's the import of the whole argument. We must start from somewhere.

Of all the causes, indecent dressing is one where the victims and potential victims have the most power to make a change. Because rapists do not carry a sign on their faces, you will never know one until he or she commits rape.

But if girls can take it upon themselves to at least do that which they can do, that is dressing without undue exposure, the incidents will reduce drastically.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by teechudleyy(f): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Everything peope r saying here is based on speculation. You havent been raped nor your sisters or family. You havent been to any NGO helping raped and abused women. If you have access to the statistics... you will see most women who get raped were not indecently dressed. 20 percent were indecently dress, out alone, or they put themselves in a compromising position. The other 80%, the rape occured out of hate, anger, malice, or just basic madness. Rape as a result of indecent dressing is borne out of desire and animal instict. But the serious ones, are always born out of a deep set anger towards d lady maybe because she has hurt the mans pride one way or the other. Rape is a serious issue. Expressing strong opinions based on speculations just further suppresses the true victims from coming out.

All the same, its true women should dress decently. But that should not help people blame rape on the victims.

1 Like

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by DonaTee(f): 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Decker:
When this kind of discussion is raised, a lot of people argue that a rapist would rape any woman, irrespective of how she dresses. But one thing these people fail to understand is that_nudity or dressing indecently, sexually arouses a man and intensifies his desire and drive to have sex.
If a sexual offender who isn't in the mood to have sex, sees a woman dress indecently, he is immediately flooded with the compulsion to have sex with her. And due to his lack of self control and his believe of being personally inadequate to get the quick permission to have sex with her normal way, he submits to forceful desecration and defilement of her body.

I am not justifying rape, but women should be cautious and endeavor to stay away from anything that can lead to harm being done to them.
You can't dress provocatively at night and walk alone on a lonely street and expect not to get sexually harassed or raped.

So does dis supports d notion dat most men r animals n lack sef ccontrol n reasoning?
so wat happens to men who dress indecently?
Do toddlers for instance 0-5yrs dress indecently?
Do old menopausal women dress indecently?

yet d cases of rape involving babies I mean babies who cant even blow their nose n aged snr citizen occur daily in our society. Where did dey go wrong?

the earlier we look into d dynamics n strict punishment for offenders d better.
every1 blames it on dress yet well dressed females r most affected.

As for those dat clicked like.....im sure 98% r males. Una sabi shift blames. We all will b parents someday toiling to train our kids. Im sure u ll b bak here to efit ur post.

For d rapists zooming n reading nl, repent n accept christ. DIARIS GOD OOOO
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by oloyede252(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:
What he said was nothing buy the truth....

It's An everyday routine.
A baby mama is bad...baby daddy? not so much.
A girl sleeps around!? she's a hoe. a guy does the same thing? he's the man! the player!
A girl gets pregnant? an abomination!
The list is endless........
ok what the truth in nigeria women cant win?win what.
Who said baby daddyism is good?
Who said a "player" is responsible.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
ournaijablog:
hehehehehe so you haven't heard where a woman raped a man? ehn we know physically men are stronger but I have seen n heard women beat their husbands and boyfriends, you should know sexual abuse doesn't go one way

Of course sexual abuse doesn't go one way, but statistically and retrospectively, females have been the major victims of rape. There are more female victims being raped and sexually abused, than there are male victims. And there is a wide margin of comparison. It's almost like a 90%-10% thingy.

A woman who dresses indecently is more likely to get raped than a man who does the same. And at times, it's not even the woman who dresses indecently that gets raped, it might be some other lady who the rapist or potential rapist feels is easier to 'access' that gets sexually abused. The indecently dress woman just serves as a visual incentive that propels him to commit the act.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by yemynzo(m): 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=Estharfabian post=43480208]undecidedClothing is not a significant factor in sexual Violence.

Sexual aggressors Would still Commit the dreaded act irrespective Of How short Your skirt is. or how much cleavage Your tank top reveals.

....truth be told, we can't just decide to wear Booty revealing clothes At 12 Mid9t, walking alone...With A mark on Our forehead screaming "YOU CAN'T RAPE ME EVEN IF I WALK AROUND NAKÈD" that's plain stupidity!

It's testing fate.

I Can't just leave my Phone in the library, bank or someplace Open and Not expect to have it get stolen. Of course It would get stolen. but then again, I could've prevented it. yes, The thief shouldn't have taken it. its not their business where i left it. Buh, honestly, I could've prevented it from getting stolen by Putting it in my purse, bag or something..

Why?

Wearing provocative clothes doesn't mean You deserve to be rapèd, but it makes one more vulnerable. hence, fuelling the Evil, Causing the Rapist to Rápe.

[/quoteU nailed it woman.Gbam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by damiosy(m): 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
ladies!!!!!!!!!

If you are stark naked and no man makes an attempt on you then there is something definitely wrong with you

Rape is not justified

there is no fire without smoke,no movement in a red light traffic without breaking the rules
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by ebenholer(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
ILOVEFOOD:
Notin justifies rape

Evn if a lady is stark naked
Yes that's true, but men are moved by what they see, won't you rather prevent them from seeing evil through decent dressing.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by ebenholer(m): 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
But yet children are being raped majorly due to parental laxity by not vigilant enough to track their children movement, and many children are obsessed with the world that though they actually do not want to be raped but love such tendencies within their hearts. Way out for children; educate you children, ask them often of any intimidation they may be facing from men/boys around, so as to nip the outcome in the bud before it leads to rape. Finally, if u engage in rape, repent and fear God cos someone might do exactly that to your children too.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
Decker:
When this kind of discussion is raised, a lot of people argue that a rapist would rape any woman, irrespective of how she dresses. But one thing these people fail to understand is that_nudity or dressing indecently, sexually arouses a man and intensifies his desire and drive to have sex.
If a sexual offender who isn't in the mood to have sex, sees a woman dress indecently, he is immediately flooded with the compulsion to have sex with her. And due to his lack of self control and his believe of being personally inadequate to get the quick permission to have sex with her normal way, he submits to forceful desecration and defilement of her body.

I am not justifying rape, but women should be cautious and endeavor to stay away from anything that can lead to harm being done to them.
You can't dress provocatively at night and walk alone on a lonely street and expect not to get sexually harassed or raped.

I disagree with you.....VEHEMENTLY!!

If your point is true, then it means all men are rapists. Remember that there is something called self control. How many indecently dressed ladies have you seen in your lifetime? How many of them have you raped?

People fail to realize something abut rape and the mindset of a rapist.

The very act of rape itself is very uncomfortable even for the perpetrator. Consider the very act of sex itself. For both parties to enjoy sex they both must be conditioned. The man has to be erect which is very simple and the woman must be well lubricated. If the man is erect but the woman is not ready as is the case in a rape incident, there wont be any lubrication and the resulting friction will not only cause serious damage to woman but would also damage the man himself because he would end up getting badly bruised. So in the end, none of them enjoy the pleasure of sex during a rape.

Rape has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with sexual gratification. Rape is nothing more than a form of violence against women.

And go back and analyse rape incidents. Usually the perpetrators are people who are either known to the victim, or have been stalking the victim for some time or have made adequate plans in advance to carry out the act. Rape does not happen at the spur of the moment. It is an act that requires prolonged planning. If a man desperately wanted to have sex, he would simply find himself a hot prostitute who would do his every bidding. He wont go to a dark alley and stalk skimpily dressed ladies no.

And as for the ladies, I do not think the way they dress or at what they time they move influences who gets raped or who doesn't. It helps to use a bit of discernment and caution but when it comes to the meat of the matter, anyone can be raped......even a staunch deeper life or an SU.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by tunergy(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:

I send some love your way. Bless
It's testing fate.

Why?

Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by chucky101(m): 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
tranxo:

Bro you missed the point. Yes, rapists are devlish, psychotic, and deserve castration and lifetime solitary confinement. And there is no justification for a rape to happen.

But the point here is this, we have a problem that has several causes. Indecent dressing is only one cause (unless you are saying it's not). So what do we do? We look at the causes and start curbing them one at a time.

Will decent dressing stop rapes? NO.

Will decent dressing reduce rapes? YES.

....and that's the import of the whole argument. We must start from somewhere.

Of all the causes, indecent dressing is one where the victims and potential victims have the most power to make a change. Because rapists do not carry a sign on their faces, you will never know one until he or she commits rape.

But if girls can take it upon themselves to at least do that which they can do, that is dressing without undue exposure, the incidents will reduce drastically.

You've said a couple of things I agree with. I haven't missed the point. I just don't agree with it. I believe before you censor girls for their mode of dressing you should condemn rape ten times. I don't know this OAP, never heard of him, but I don't think he has been putting up tweets strongly condemning rapist.
Decent dressing is subjective to the whim of the men in charge of the communities/nations these women live. What exactly is indecent dressing? In some communities/nations exposing your knees, ankles, arms or even wrists is termed indecent and whatever befalls a lady for any such exposure is her fault.
We shouldn't let criminals determine how we should live. If we keep giving them inches they'll take miles.
I know kids that have been molested. Some rapist get turned on by seeing girls in school uniform. The only type of dressing that might slightly reduce rape is a niqab.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by tranxo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
chucky101:

You've said a couple of things I agree with. I haven't missed the point. I just don't agree with it. I believe before you censor girls for their mode of dressing you should condemn rape ten times. I don't know this OAP, never heard of him, but I don't think he has been putting up tweets strongly condemning rapist.
Decent dressing is subjective to the whim of the men in charge of the communities/nations these women live. What exactly is indecent dressing? In some communities/nations exposing your knees, ankles, arms or even wrists is termed indecent and whatever befalls a lady for any such exposure is her fault.
We shouldn't let criminals determine how we should live. If we keep giving them inches they'll take miles.
I know kids that have been molested. Some rapist get turned on by seeing girls in school uniform. The only type of dressing that might slightly reduce rape is a niqab.

Okaaaayyyyy......I understand your point now. For you, the messenger is more important than the message abi? Well done ooo.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Estharfabian:

It's testing fate.

Why?

No, you lost your phone because someone's value system is messed up, because someone is not satisfied with what he/she has, because a thief is moving around to take advantage of unsuspecting people.

If you like put your phone for inside inner purse of your bag, a thief will still find a way to steal it.

#nothingjustifiesrape
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by Origin(f): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
Everything he said is 100% correct.
We all have a role to play.

NO TO RAPE. NO TO INDECENT BEHAVIOUR AND DRESSING.

There are things called contributing factors e.g I stole a loaf of bread cos I was starved cos I was robbed of all my money.

You definitely don't want to be a contributing factor in your own rape.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by omostar: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
sinaj:

Really?

Pls tell me how do recognize a rapist when u see one

Wanna know ow to avoid him

And how do you recognise a thief or a kidnapper. The simple answer is, in most cases, you can't recognise them. What you can do is to keep your belongings as safe as you can possibly keep them.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by SenJoe(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
CaroLyner:
there are ways of preventing rape and dressing with decency is one of the key.

You too make sense.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by omostar: 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
woodcook:
you should seek professional help if seeing a lady unclad could trigger such emotions in you you might be a potential rapist. ;-) So what is going to happen to you if you go to a nude beach ?

On the other hand, I think a man who sees an unclad lady without feeling anyhow is the one that needs to have his hormone profile done.
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by omostar: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
ILOVEFOOD:
Notin justifies rape

Evn if a lady is stark naked

This is just like saying nothing justifies stealing even if I leave my millions uncovered while in the street. undecided
Re: OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire by gasperkoya(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
dem dey tell una but una no wan hare....
sinaj:
Who knows how many he has raped b4

Rape has nothing to do with dressing, Itz just a sickness that needs to be treated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Relationship With Your Scammer / All Those Big UNCLES That Disvrigin Us When We Were Small / Ladies Give Love To Get Favours Men Give Favours To Get Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.