Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. (51531 Views)

Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / Lovely Photo Of Couple Kissing But Their Baby Does Not Show One Bit Of Interest / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by justiz5(m): 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
[color=#770077.][b.]

[/b.][/color.]

I just typed your moniker between "[b.]" and "[/b.]"

Now do same for anything you want to type.

Note:- You have not remove those dots.

You can quote my write-up or post to check things for yourself.

Justiz5

I can make my posts to appear in different colours depending on the commands I input.
Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by NoToPile: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
barule:
From d massage I can see u don't av any kid yet. Apart frm religion or cultural aspect, av u seen any child with the birth hair on he or she from 10-20yrs of age? Try and find one and see there behaviors. Den u can understand why ur mum ignore d argument.

How do they behave pls grin

My hair was never shaved until I was about to enter secondary school and girls had to be on low cut.

I read things on nairaland everyday ooo grin grin

As far as I know it's Muslims that it's compulsory for.

My stand on it is if you want to shave do shave, if you don't then leave it, no right or wrong act there.

Personally I would leave my baby girls hair and for the boy I would cut when his scalp is no longer tender and the hair is fuller, I don't fancy babies tender scalp being shaven except it's extremely compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by chiraqDemon(m): 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2018

My eldest daughter has dreadlocks. It's as clean as afro / short hair. She's never had lice either.
Ive had dreadlocks too, never went to the hairdresser or anyone to take care of them, used towel to twist my hair for a long time, it never smelled, washed 3 times weekly, my hair stayed clean. That guy is just talking out of his butt
Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by chiraqDemon(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2018

This is your first experience at child-bearing ? shocked..chai.. and I thought you were a pro.

It starts falling off when the infant is 3 or 4 months old, but it's not compulsory you shave it off. Hair grows from the follicle, whatever shaving is done on the surface makes absolutely no difference. The baby's hair would naturally become thicker over the course of time.
This is fact. Same thing with beards, people think that shaving makes it grow faster, or makes it grow in other places(evenly)
Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by purelight: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
It should be illegal to shave a baby's head. Maybe not for a boy but for a girl DEFINITELY!
Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by acenazt: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2018
prispakle15:
for your mind oo na wetin you dey think
no worry when the time come u go see weda your mother in-law no go ask you if them no shave your hair............just passing oooo :-Xfor your mind oo na wetin you dey think
no worry when the time come u go see weda your mother in-law no go ask you if them no shave your hair............just passing oooo
lol well let's wait and see
Re: Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. by Vialhair: 8:11am On May 27, 2022
Collagen is a protein that is found in the hair, skin, and nails. It provides strength and elasticity to these tissues. As we age, collagen production decreases, which can lead to thinning hair, wrinkles, and dry skin. Read more https://vialhair.com/benefits-of-collagen-for-hair/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / 'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.