Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Searching & Sharing Chat - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Searching & Sharing Chat (84321 Views)

Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / My Reply To: 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Stalk you?

You must really be mistaken on two fronts. First, you mistakenly assume that I'm a stalker and secondly, you assume that you are worth stalking.

Seriously, what do you have to offer? Humility is a virtue- dont overrate yourself.
smh
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tufanja:

I shld take you on a hardcore trip Europe, you will see many places for little money and u wld get to learn the meaning of the word adventure ;-).

Have you seen the movie titled "Hostel"? grin
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Have you seen the movie titled "Hostel"? grin

No I didnt, my own life is already too often like a movie ;-).
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 5:40am On Mar 28, 2016
Tufanja:

No I didnt, my own life is already too often like a movie ;-).

Damn! I wish you did.

Oh, I also forgot- I hope the Brussels Terror attack didn't pain you too much. I know its a shocking and hurtful thing to happen to a city you love.

I didnt know what to write when you wrote about how it touched you. Sorry about that.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Damn! I wish you did.

Oh, I also forgot- I hope the Brussels Terror attack didn't pain you too much. I know its a shocking and hurtful thing to happen to a city you love.

I didnt know what to write when you wrote about how it touched you. Sorry about that.

Ah, so sweet of you to remember. What can I say, there is so much to say. Just not for Nairaland's ears.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 29, 2016
Let me enlarge the discussion a bit and depersonalise it...

What makes a good doctor?

What do you expect of medical staff?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2016
Tufanja:
Let me enlarge the discussion a bit and depersonalise it...

What makes a good doctor?

What do you expect of medical staff?

1) There are very few good doctors in Nigeria. Being a good doctor is not just knowing your medical studies and being a smart healer. It is also about treating your patients with patience and kindness. Most Nigerian doctors are either arrogant, frowning or impatient. I met a doctor who did not even touch the broken leg of a patient-the female doctor just shouted- "GO FOR X-RAY!"

2) Medical staff should know how to handle stressful situations. They should also be kind and patient to patients.

============================

Speaking about Nigeria, doctors know nothing about customer care. I ask anyone reading this to count the number of doctors and nurses that smile at patients whenever they go to the hospital. You will find that few smile- most of them are impatient and treat the patients/visitors like sheep.

The new generation of student doctors and nurses know nothing. They don't learn- they just cram because they are have their syllabus rushed by their lecturers. They also learn with faulty equipment.

This is why Joshthefirst (a student doctor) is ignorant about the dangerous levels of formalin he inhales when dissecting dead bodies. His lecturers won't tell him and he lacks the creativity and internet connection at school to learn on his own.

Student nurses and doctors in Nigeria learn to be wicked from hospital matrons and doctors- these students get shouted at and abused while learning in the hospital. This turns some of the students into abusers themselves.

I have doctors and nurses in my family who studied in Europe and then some distant cousins who studied in Nigeria- the difference is quite clear.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2016
Tufanja:

Ah, so sweet of you to remember. What can I say, there is so much to say. Just not for Nairaland's ears.

You can say everything to me while we pillow-talk in bed.

Unfortunately, you would be talking over my head due to to height difference and I'd be talking your boobs.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-9t1E_C5fQrk/TmTcZvPFhRI/AAAAAAAADzQ/eDQqDPI4cZM/s1600/Leslie+Easterbrook+%25286%2529.jpg[/img]
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 8:40am On Mar 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

1) There are very few good doctors in Nigeria. Being a good doctor is not just knowing your medical studies and being a smart healer. It is also about treating your patients with patience and kindness. Most Nigerian doctors are either arrogant, frowning or impatient. I met a doctor who did not even touch the broken leg of a patient-the female doctor just shouted- "GO FOR X-RAY!"

2) Medical staff should know how to handle stressful situations. They should also be kind and patient to patients.

============================

Speaking about Nigeria, doctors know nothing about customer care. I ask anyone reading this to count the number of doctors and nurses that smile at patients whenever they go to the hospital. You will find that few smile- most of them are impatient and treat the patients/visitors like sheep.

The new generation of student doctors and nurses know nothing. They don't learn- they just cram because they are have their syllabus rushed by their lecturers. They also learn with faulty equipment.

This is why Joshthefirst (a student doctor) is ignorant about the dangerous levels of formalin he inhales when dissecting dead bodies. His lecturers won't tell him and he lacks the creativity and internet connection at school to learn on his own.

Student nurses and doctors in Nigeria learn to be wicked from hospital matrons and doctors- these students get shouted at and abused while learning in the hospital. This turns some of the students into abusers themselves.

I have doctors and nurses in my family who studied in Europe and then some distant cousins who studied in Nigeria- the difference is quite clear.

To avoid being unnecessarily antagonistic, I first point out that its true that we have a lot to work on in medical care in Nigeria, especially on patient relations.

But a good doctor also gets the work done amidst these troubles.

There are tensions over positional authority amidst medical staff in Nigeria today. And the patients suffer as a result of this. This is being resolved, and I know a lot of cheerful doctors who take good care of their patients.

You inflate the bad conditions as usual and make it look like we know nothing and are hopeless. Maybe you had a bad personal experience in the past that has led to your contorted views.

I suggest you visit a very good private establishment to resolve your personal issues.

As for your mention of the cramming and learning, it shows you as the ignorant pessimist you are.

Learning medicine involves repetitive cramming, especially learning anatomy and morbid anatomy and various references and values. And with the sheer volume of work, students will always complain of the limited time.

You know basically nothing about the learning of medicine. So shut up lb.

And because of the bolded insult to my person, and many others, I will probably never reply or communicate with you on this forum. Goodbye lb.

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 10:29am On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst:
To avoid being unnecessarily antagonistic, I first point out that its true that we have a lot to work on in medical care in Nigeria, especially on patient relations.

But a good doctor also gets the work done amidst these troubles.

There are tensions over positional authority amidst medical staff in Nigeria today. And the patients suffer as a result of this. This is being resolved, and I know a lot of cheerful doctors who take good care of their patients.

You inflate the bad conditions as usual and make it look like we know nothing and are hopeless. Maybe you had a bad personal experience in the past that has led to your contorted views.

I suggest you visit a very good private establishment to resolve your personal issues.

As for your mention of the cramming and learning, it shows you as the ignorant pessimist you are.

Learning medicine involves repetitive cramming, especially learning anatomy and morbid anatomy and various references and values. And with the sheer volume of work, students will always complain of the limited time.

You know basically nothing about the learning of medicine. So shut up lb.

And because of the bolded insult to my person, and many others, I will probably never reply or communicate with you on this forum. Goodbye lb.

grin grin

Oops! Did I just destroy your illusions of your prestigious profession? Truth is bitter, bro.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by analice107: 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Well, I already have a pot belly, a sexy one, folds seamlessly around my waist. grin Your interest in innards piques my interest. Are you on the organs market? grin
Ewwww, that's not sexy. Do something, lose it.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by analice107: 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

grin grin

I will.

Happy weekend LOJ(hello Jay), Reyginus(rage in us), JoshTheFirst(first what? grin), tufanja(tough Angel), ishilove(Ish I love) , analice107 (analyze) and johnydondada cool
Can you analyze me?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by analice107: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst:
I can't really remember what I was thinking when I created the moniker Joshthefirst. lol. Maybe i wanted to come across as poetic.

Happy weekend guys.
But I like it "joshthefirst".

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
analice107:

But I like it "joshthefirst".
Thanks. It was actually poetic. I made it when I was in a bloody poem duel with princesa, timpaker and firestar grin. Good times.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by analice107: 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

I've been in relationships with a Nigerian nurse and a student doctor. I fear you people.

First, you people have a huge course load to cover in short semesters, and so you are rushed by your lecturers. You guys can remain calm in stressful and hard situations

Secondly, dead bodies don't faze you guys. My ex was so excited describing how they crack the cranium open and how they open up the rib cage to access the organs inside.

Thirdly, bleeding/injured people don't faze you guys. I once saw a girl of about 6 years with her left arm cut out- she was being rushed to the emergency unit- I started weeping- the girl was so small and so innocent. My sick brother who was the one that should be consoled was consoling me.

When I told my ex about the small girl who lost her hand, my ex just shrugged!

You guys are too hardened for my liking- you have suffered abuse from lecturers and matrons in the hospital, you have inhaled unhealthy doses on formalin and you have been burdened with so much coursework.

Nna, this is why I will never do operation in Nigeria. Do you know that even the best Nigerian doctors do not smile at patients? I noticed this. They just do their work and get on. Hard!!1
I have to agree with you. My friend is a dentist. She has double personality. The one at home and the one at work. I know her so well at home, she's a very sweet girl wrapped in sugar cubes.
Boy, meet her inside the hospital, and she's a totally different person. I usually wonder how she could switch her attitude so easily. I have done suction for her while she worked, Inside the theater, she's shouting like she's doing you a favour working on your teeth, forgetting you are billed to get her services. I usually feel sorry for her patients. I feel like I don't know her. I have mentioned it to her several times, she will just smile and say 'That's the Doctors ways".
Again, not all are like that. I have had contact with several doctors, especially the Orthopedics. I feel the doctors who shd be hard, to me are the orthopedics.
Have you ever entered a standard orthopedic theater? Guy, you fit faint. The sight of their working tools alone, will so throw u off balance.
But they are very nice, most of them.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
analice107:

I have to agree with you. My friend is a dentist. She has double personality. The one at home and the one at work. I know her so well at home, she's a very sweet girl wrapped in sugar cubes.
Boy, meet her inside the hospital, and she's a totally different person. I usually wonder how she could switch her attitude so easily. I have done suction for her while she worked, Inside the theater, she's shouting like she's doing you a favour working on your teeth, forgetting you are billed to get her services. I usually feel sorry for her patients. I feel like I don't know her. I have mentioned it to her several times, she will just smile and say 'That's the Doctors ways".
Again, not all are like that. I have had contact with several doctors, especially the Orthopedics. I feel the doctors who shd be hard, to me are the orthopedics.
Have you ever entered a standard orthopedic theater? Guy, you fit faint. The sight of their working tools alone, will so throw u off balance.
But they are very nice, most of them.

^^^^

Isnt that the truth.

I know that there are friendly doctors in Nigeria but I feel that they are too few.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by analice107: 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Thanks. It was actually poetic. I made it when I was in a bloody poem duel with princesa, Tim paker and firestar grin. Good times.
Uwc, medicpoet.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
analice107:

Can you ANALyze me?
embarassed grin
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
grin grin
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by firestar(f): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst.
There better be a duel with you summoning me princesa and timpaker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

You can say everything to me while we pillow-talk in bed.

Unfortunately, you would be talking over my head due to to height difference and I'd be talking your boobs.

I didnt invite u in bed, did I? Seems u were dreaming :p
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
analice107:

Ewwww, that's not sexy. Do something, lose it.

Euhm..if some guy wld say this about a lady's muffintop, the world wld be too small for him to find a place to hide. So lets also not judge a guy's sizes on sexyness. Sonoflucifer has an amazing creative mind, aint nothing more sexy than that.
And no I am not saying this to justicy my own belly, its more than perfectly in shape. I am saying it because it makes me sick and tired that people express too much unasked opinions on looks that are even not their business. Your body is the most valueable temple u have, let nobody ever say anything bad about it, even not your own mind. Embrace your bellies, whatever size, its hosting the heart that makes you live and love, that makes u u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
firestar:
Joshthefirst.

There better be a duel with you summoning me princesa and timpaker.

woohoo firestar.

You're on!
I'll open a new thread.

Quit yourself little fiery star, for my rhymes wax stronger than days of yore. Prepare, for I will role over nairaland in wordy lore, and I will quench the fire in your core. angry
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by JackBizzle: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tufanja:

I didnt invite u in bed, did I? Seems u were dreaming :p

grin

Nah, I was just trolling.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by jayriginal: 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst:
I will quench the fire in your core. angry

Seriously Josh?

The hose of your extinguisher is that long? From innards to cores.

An aside: Are you a Simpsons fan?

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by jayriginal: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tufanja:

So lets also not judge a guy's size

I couldn't resist.

2 Likes

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
jayriginal:

Seriously Josh?

The hose of your extinguisher is that long? From innards to cores.

An aside: Are you a Simpsons fan?
lol.

simpsons fan? not really.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by texanomaly(f): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
So this is the place to be in Religion now?

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
texanomaly:
So this is the place to be in Religion now?
Hey. smiley
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by analice107: 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tufanja:

Euhm..if some guy wld say this about a lady's muffintop, the world wld be too small for him to find a place to hide. So lets also not judge a guy's sizes on sexyness. Sonoflucifer has an amazing creative mind, aint nothing more sexy than that.
And no I am not saying this to justicy my own belly, its more than perfectly in shape. I am saying it because it makes me sick and tired that people express too much unasked opinions on looks that are even not their business. Your body is the most valueable temple u have, let nobody ever say anything bad about it, even not your own mind. Embrace your bellies, whatever size, its hosting the heart that makes you live and love, that makes u u.

Am actually kidding. I know sonOfLucifer doesn't have a pot belly. Like always, he's just being funny. But, even if he does, WTH?

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by texanomaly(f): 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Hey. smiley

Josh!! How are you? Long time my friend. How is school?

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Joshthefirst(m): 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
texanomaly:

Josh!! How are you? Long time my friend. How is school?
school's great ma'am. Long time. grin

Really missing and needing your temperance amidst our many storms here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (59) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome's Brother, Sister And Mother (Photos) / Zimbabwean Pastor Eaten By 3 Crocodiles While Trying To Walk On Water Like Jesus / YahwehYesha Ace "Queen Esther" Apostle Suleman’s Second Accuser Unveiled (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.