Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,436 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Students Of Wazobia University - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Students Of Wazobia University (17511 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Writers, Teachers & Students Of English Studies / See Question A Lecturer Set For Second Year Students Of Mass Communication, UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Of Wazobia University by Hardes(m): 4:13pm On May 02, 2019
interesting story
Re: Students Of Wazobia University by rapmike(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2019
Lucia looked at the paper in front of her and sighed. It had been a tough few weeks for her, moving to different places while trying to prove her innocence. Now that she has done that, she was too exhausted to study well for her exams.
Pens up! The invigilator voice broke through her thoughts. Most of her colleagues prepared well for this exams, or at least they had enough time. It's not just fair to her.

As she submitted her papers, she remembered what the Police Commissioner told her. "You are free to go. As it stands this will be a case between the University and Professor Ilesanmi. Your part in this case is done."
Yet she had doubts. True, they will not need her for the case but what about the cult groups? The police had caught most of the skulls, which then meant that the cult war that was breeding suddenly came to a halt. But the few that escaped arrest will try and find out what happened and when they find out, she will be in danger.

"Lucia, how was the exams?" Maureen's voice brought her back to the environment.
Nothing.
"Yes, nothing. I asked how your papers were and you said nothing."
"I am sorry. I thought........"
"Stop thinking about what may not come. Take a breather, Lucia! The ordeal has ended and that's how it is. You have been declared innocent."
"But it cost me my exams and a lot of other things."
"Like him?" Maureen pointed at someone coming towards them. Lucia bit her lip and clenched her fist.
"Lucia, take it easy and give him a chance."
'What chance?"
"A chance to explain himself at least. Maybe a chance at your relationship."
'Please, please! That relationship was non-existant."
"Lucia!"
She walked passed Maureen and kept a straight face. He will not have the chance to beg me.
She walked past him, ignoring her name as Maureen ran to her.
"Lucia, come on! You just hurt the dude!"
"He did worse! Please Maureen, for the love you bear towards me, don't beg on his behalf."
She called a bike and mounted it.
"So you are done with him?"
"Yes, I am done with him. Okada, let's go."

As the bike sped off, she wondered if she could actually dump him. But he also dumped her when the whole thing started. He is not fit to be a boyfriend. Her thoughts floated to Debola and she smiled. At least I have a true friend there.
Re: Students Of Wazobia University by rapmike(m): 9:45am On May 03, 2019
The story will end in the next update, so please stay tuned.
Re: Students Of Wazobia University by rapmike(m): 9:52am On May 06, 2019
Debola woke up and smiled. Like all good stories, his travails have ended. He looked at his roommates with gratitude, especially for having Marcus by his side. If not for Marcus, who knows what would have happened?
He quickly fetched water for everyone and had his bath. He had missed home badly and could not wait to regale his story to his younger brother who was resuming next session. Of course, a semester still exists between the two sessions so his brother will have to wait.

"Marcus, good morning."
Marcus used his hands to clean his eyes and looked at Debola.
"This one wey you greet me like you don become my wife, hope I am safe?"
Debola smirked and slapped his head.
"Wetin be that?"
"That's for inferring the wrong thing. What will you say if I told you that I fetched water for you?"
Marcus looked at him and then set his eyes on the water.
"Guy, Wetin dey happen? You win lottery?"
"Yes, Lottery of life and you helped me to win it.
Thank you for this semester, Marcus. Wetin I go do if I no sabi you?"
"Na why persin like me go dey na. No lele, but you don take us out yesterday na."
"It does not mean. You did something that I will not forget easily. Thank you. "
:No problem." Marcus eyes were becoming misty. "If I dey help persin, na just shayo dem go give me, I no dey use to all this kin thing."

"Oga, stop speaking pidgin na!"
"Na your pidgin? Na your mouth I use speak pidgin?"
Debola smiled. "Guys, take it easy. I am going home today."
"We know already...... Who owns this water?"
"That's yours, Tobi."
"What did I do?"
"You fetch for am? Wetin him do?"
"Nothing. I fetched it just as an appreciation. I was making life difficult for him."
"Tah! If na that one, you go fetch two buckets for me."
"I go do am, I just want to appreciate you guys."
"Can't say that I am not impressed, even though it's a small gesture. Thank you."
Marcus rolled himself back to sleep. "Safe journey, Debola. Call me when you don reach house."
"Yes." Debola said as he carried his travelling bags. "Bye bye."
They answered him with muffled voices.
Debola soon found a bus heading to Lagos. As the bus prepared to leave, Debola smiled again.

The end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lola Akande's New Novel Exposes Nigerian University Lecturers / Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Woes Of The Dark Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.