Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:45 PM

Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari (32026 Views)

The Woes Of Nigerian Scholarship Students Abroad / Nigerian Students Abroad Plead With Fg To Give Them A Better Exchange Rate / Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Faith111: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
rottennaija post=4him3290:

Sacrifices have to be made if we are to succeed in turning the economy around. Everyone has to sacrifice, but we will all have reasons to enjoy

He has to lead by example, don't you get?
The sacrifice should begin with his kids..
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by memeguy: 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Parents of Nigerian students abroad should use transferwise (https://transferwise.com/u/9969dc) to transfer at official rates directly to children's account anywhere in the world.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by coachwilcox(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
At last. Make all these yeye Naija students for Ghana go back home.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by vickvilles(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] things fall apart
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
oc2fish:
I am a lecturer in Nigeria currently studying Abroad. For this semester i am taking a course in Applied Animal molecular biology so that i can be exposed to DNA extraction, use of pcr machine and stuff like that. From the tetfund scholarship given to me i ordered for a pcr machines, downloaded journals from subscribe data base of my university abroad and sent to my Nigerian so called e-library. I made copies of textbooks not available in Nigeria. I made copies of important textbooks for my use and my students. In terms of technology we are lost. Please PMB we are in same page in wanting the best for Nigeria.

That's the problem! He wants to discourage studying abroad but his government isn't working towards having standard universities, research institutes and a favorable environment for learning and creativity.

How does he expect scientists to conduct research when there's zero analysis equipment in the country? How will students, for example, grasp the atomic structure or molecular states when they've never seen diffraction patterns from an XRD or TEM images or absorption/excitation spectra from a spectrofluorometer?

Education is too important to be messed with, and a necessary condition for development in a developing country like Naija is a constantly high influx of scientific and technological information - of which studying abroad forms a significant chunk of this influx.

The country needs an enabling environment for education, research, innovation, and development to flourish. This should be in PMB's top three agenda (along with security and anti-corruption)!
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by poseidon12: 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
Montaque:
Buhari has integrity.
I know he will recall his kids from the UK or at most source £ or € from the black market. He is a humble man, and simple. He hates corruption and double standard.
I firmly believe he will. grin grin grin grin

I doubt you know about the 53 suitcases incident years back when Buhari came in as military head of state.
The Naira was just changed as part of steps to curb corruption. Every body entering the country was subjected to a search to prevent people bringing printed currency to sabotage the anti corruption effort.
Well, the Emir of Gwandu came in with his 53 suitcases. Customs wanted to search but were prevented from searching by Buhari's ADC who happened to be the Emir's son.
Don't you see hypocrisy here?
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by texazzpete(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Bluffly:

Look here, we are discussing and do not ever come insulting, okay. Why telling me I am not serious. If you will state your facts, state it without hurling insults.

You consider that an insult? LOL

Thank me for educating you today and move on
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Bluffly: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
texazzpete:

You consider that an insult? LOL

Thank me for educating you today and move on
Don't be full of yourself. You only contributed your opinion and not educating anyone
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Le2money(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
lookandlaff:

Nigerians dont want to change their ways and keep looking for some imaginary leader to come and solve their problems without personal sacrifice.

If I were you I would embrace the pain and stick it out because nothing good comes easy, and you cant solve a problem by doing the same things that got you in the problem in the 1st place.

Let me end by saying something. Leaders like Awo, Zik and Balewa are long gone. Buhari is the last of a generation of altruistic leaders that can galvanise even the corrupt into a change of orientation. He needs the support of us all, for our own sake not his, because if we fail to get it right now, I promise you with the pysche of the average Nigerian.....we never will.

Buhari has written his own history, whather he succeeds or fails, whatever happens, he will go down as a 2 time Nigerian president, his children will not be hungry. we have an opportunity to write our own history. We have more to lose as a country if he fails, than Buhari has to gain if he succeeds.
i seriously love every bit of ur words....some will attack me for just expressing my own opinion....back to d topic...wit wot u said,yet we still need a leader dat will consider d pain of d masses...Rome wasnt built in a day bt d opinion of masses shud be his No 1 priory and nt been stubborn and adamant like him
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Uncletony(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
banki:

Bros it's simple economics...
Let me ask you and be sincere if you were in the president's shoes with the current fall in the price of crude and the fact that forex is scarce please tell me what you will do?

Shattap!. U dnt know anything.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by piagetskinner(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
Buhari has grown a cold heart
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Ikennablue(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
This is the right step... Is not as if am hating because I cnt afford it, am Igbo, but if tomorrow is another election, Buhari has my vote
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Sttropez2: 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
Before you criticise an eight month APC
Government in Nigeria what about how deadly PDP
ruined Nigeria. PDP met the Dollar at N20 when they came in
1999 but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were
leaving. PDP met the Dollar at N20 when they came 1999 but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were leaving. PDP met petrol pump price at N11 when they
came in 1999 but left it at N87 when they were
leaving 2015.PDP met a bag of cement at less than N400
but left it at N2000 while they were leaving in
2015.PDP met a tin of milk at N15 in 1999 but left
it at N120 when they left in 2015.PDP met only OPC in 1999 but left us with
Niger Delta militancy, MASSOB, IPOB, BAKASSI,
and Boko Haram as at when they left in 2015.but they left us
with ballot box snatching, rice sharing for
campaigns, do-or-die politics, political
assassinations, etc.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Rooneyboy(m): 9:27am On Mar 08, 2016
190:
useless man undecided
My mannnnnnnnnnnnnn .
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by ibile1: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Well what more can one say...

Than to pray for our home country
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by ibile1: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2016
Sttropez2:
Before you criticise an eight month APC
Government in Nigeria what about how deadly PDP
ruined Nigeria. PDP met the Dollar at N20 when they came in
1999 but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were
leaving. PDP met the Dollar at N20 when they came 1999 but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were leaving. PDP met petrol pump price at N11 when they
came in 1999 but left it at N87 when they were
leaving 2015.PDP met a bag of cement at less than N400
but left it at N2000 while they were leaving in
2015.PDP met a tin of milk at N15 in 1999 but left
it at N120 when they left in 2015.PDP met only OPC in 1999 but left us with
Niger Delta militancy, MASSOB, IPOB, BAKASSI,
and Boko Haram as at when they left in 2015.but they left us
with ballot box snatching, rice sharing for
campaigns, do-or-die politics, political
assassinations, etc.

STOP THE BLAME GAME......WE WANT A WAY FOWARD
DASOLL
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by Cityguy: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
2019 really is a long way.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari by 190: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Rooneyboy:

My mannnnnnnnnnnnnn .

My GEEE cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB: Galadima Zakari's 364, The True Highest Score In 2018 UTME / Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria / University Of Abuja Girls Struggling To Get Water Due To NASU Strike (see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.