Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Just Marry Me Away!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just Marry Me Away!! (1113 Views)

Igbo Girls And Families In Diaspora Should Just Marry Where They Are / "My Husband Sent Me Away Because I Was Dressed Like This To A Party"- Lady Cries / She Desperately Wants To Marry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Marry Me Away!! by kajo: 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
"..when are you even getting married?" that question resonated in my head as I dropped the call. That was what my uncle asked as we conversed on phone.

This has become a dreaded question not only to me but in the life of every young adult in today’s world.

There is a way the society has programmed us, stereotyped us. We were born, we grow, go to school, graduate, get a job, get married and produce children who will be brought up to follow same pattern.

So when you are in your twenties or early thirties and you are yet to have a ring on your finger, questions start coming and it is tiring quite frankly.

From parents, friends, acquaintances, colleagues or even random people to total strangers; we have heard stories of how this question pop out in conversations, sometimes a little too frequently. I understand and accept that most times this is borne out of love and genuine concern; it can sometimes be spiteful and even unwelcoming. So before you pop that question to someone, be sure to understand their emotional standing so as not to leave them wounded by your words.

Life seems to have changed in recent years from when most men and women tie their knot in the early or middle twenties and occasionally late twenties to a state where men are in their late twenties to thirties and are yet to commit to marriage.

What is the reason for this behaviour?

Take a quick survey of the eligible bachelors you know and find out the reason for the delay in walking the isle, most will say financial before mentioning the right spouse. It seems we are in a time were shortage of the right lady is not the problem but the readiness and confidence of men to take the bold step is now been called to question.

When the men delay in settling down (which can be no fault of theirs in some cases) it creates a ripple effect: ladies are kept waiting. After waiting for ‘too long’, ladies become apprehensive and make hurried decisions which often turn out wrong. Off they jump into a union and in no distant time, they are looking for the exit!

I heard a story where a lady was match made with a guy not knowing the guy has mental challenges. I had so many questions like you are having now; how come she did not see the signs but yeah, she didn't and she's in now, frustrated.

Where I am going with this? I am thinking what you should do to maximize your single status and set you for marriage.

Be complete as a single person; don't keep looking out for someone to complete you. Marriage is meant to complement so if you keep having a void, there is a chance that marriage won't help it. So develop yourself.

Invest in yourself; follow your passion and take on a cause that is not just about you. Contribute to life. If you want to change the world, start now!
Enjoy your life, go to movies, travel, sing, explore. Don't lock yourself up because you are unmarried. Enjoy every bit life has to offer.

Understand that marriage is not a feat to be achieved. Don't get married for marriage sake!

In defense of the men, not all guys use finances as the reason for the wait, some are pursuing some goals, for others it is purely their choice and a few others just have cold feet and dread commitment.

My phone rings and jolts me from my thoughts.

"Hello Pete!"
"Hey my guy" I exchanged pleasantries with the caller.
"When are you even getting married man?" he asked.

My pen dropped... oh life and her pressures.

http://peterkajovo.com/marry-me-away/

Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by chriskosherbal(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Don't rush it, take you time to choose well.

1 Like

Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by Young03(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Uh
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
Summary abeg, too long hahan. angry
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2016
That's a very good advice but actually every thing in life is allotted a particular time from birth to old age, when you fail to do something at its time, you suffer the consequences so when society reminds of the fact that you are not married it is often not an attack but a genuine show of concern
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
... This time of our lives is modifying the cycle of our lives. It's beyond natural.

1 Like

Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by kajo: 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
Thank you, I will
chriskosherbal:
Don't rush it, take you time to choose well.
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by kajo: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
True, very true. Who then is to be blamed?
pinceprinz:
... This time of our lives is modifying the cycle of our lives. It's beyond natural.
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by kajo: 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Interesting perspective
KingJhean:
That's a very good advice but actually every thing in life is allotted a particular time from birth to old age, when you fail to do something at its time, you suffer the consequences so when society reminds of the fact that you are not married it is often not an attack but a genuine show of concern
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by halfricanadian(f): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
I will never marry the wrong person
smiley
Its a prayer
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
Marriage is not a bed of roses. Don't rush into it. Always pray, Mr right will surely find you.........
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by halfricanadian(f): 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Marriage is not a bed of roses. Don't rush into it. Always pray, Mr right will surely find you.........

Abi o always secretly pray to God for d kind of hubby u want

3 Likes

Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by kajo: 6:26am On Mar 13, 2016
Amen
halfricanadian:
smiley
Its a prayer
Re: Just Marry Me Away!! by matrix199(m): 8:38am On Mar 13, 2016
??:
smiley
Its a prayer

Who is the prayer directed to, God? Or the devil? Your signature clearly holds the answer.

Funny how a wrong person prays to have the right person.

Well, two wrong persons are right for each other.

(1) (Reply)

No Nigerian Girls Will Choose 6 Packs Over 6 Cars! So Stop The Gym And WORK / Do You Like My Profile Photo? / 6 Signs To Identify Ugly Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.