Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

I'm Now Ready For AC Work! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm Now Ready For AC Work! (10956 Views)

Most Nigerian (AC)Technicians & Mechanics are Quacks >:( / Picture: First Fully Covered Bike With AC (made In India) / Mercedes AC Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
jodeci:
Is your AC works for commercial or private.
Please if for commercial i will like to bring my car to your workshop,my car AC has lost that factory cooling it came with and need vacuuming and professional touch.

Don't have a shop but I can arrange the service you need. I've seen and responded to your PM.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
IdaraCHODB:

I go come your side so you go do my A/C too!

Well done

Bro how now? Trust you are good. Lost your number; phone crashed, can u send me a text.

Guess you've recharged your system? If not I've settled in and can now recharge if you wish
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by fortunejum: 8:45am On Nov 22, 2016
I need someone having this kind of equipment with experience in Port Harcourt to work on my car ac
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by fortunejum: 8:47am On Nov 22, 2016
Piyke:

Don't have a shop but I can arrange the service you need. I've seen and responded to your PM.
Can you come to Port Harcourt?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by torres89: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
please send me your contact address to my email
I would like to negotiate something with u
Andrew.jo790@gmail.com
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
fortunejum:

Can you come to Port Harcourt?

Nope. I'm based in Abuja
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
torres89:
please send me your contact address to my email

I would like to negotiate something with u

Andrew.jo790@gmail.com

Sent
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by mayor2013: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Piyke:

Sent

You don relocate?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by jodeci(m): 12:27am On Nov 23, 2016
Piyke:

Nope. I'm based in Abuja

Are you no longer in owerri again?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
mayor2013:

You don relocate?

Yep
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
jodeci:

Are you no longer in owerri again?

Yea.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by aAK1(m): 7:25am On Nov 24, 2016
@ piyke pls send me your number. its urgent 08106698900
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Stancity(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
Piyke:

Yea.
I said it. it crossed my mind that you wont return to East again.. Good luck to you bro..
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by victorlawrence6: 5:27am On Mar 12, 2019
Piyke:

Got the weighing scale locally at 2200, vacuum pump 20-28k( I give this range because only one seller sold at 20k, others claimed new stock + dollar), gauges 3500-15000 depends on the brand you get, couplers 800, Harp was the most expensive gas at 1500(I hear it's now around 1800 for 340g), ND-8 oil 500. The oil you need depends on your compressor so I didn't price other PAG oils.
You can pm me for my phone or seller contact
Please, I need to get these appliances too! Can I have sellers number. I'm in Lagos
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by JAYUK(m): 5:54am On Mar 12, 2019
Please piyke,I need to work on my AC RX 330,08033224563 ,just chat me so we can schedule a visit.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 10:18am On Mar 12, 2019
victorlawrence6:

Please, I need to get these appliances too! Can I have sellers number. I'm in Lagos

Hello boss.
Pump - 08033315329 (Great Mike)
Manifold gauges, vacuum pump oil, AC oil, Harp gas etc - 08039121500 (Eduking)

1 Like

Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2019
JAYUK:
Please piyke,I need to work on my AC RX 330,08033224563 ,just chat me so we can schedule a visit.

Will chat you up. Don't really do commercial work but may be able to offer you free diagnosis.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by princecemo(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2020
Johnsens 134 Gas with sealant
Pls dont fall victim like me
Buy an original gas for ur car or end up replacing the entire cooling system including d compressor

Johnsen 134 with leak sealant 3,500

Johnsen 134 without sealant 3,000

Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by VirtIQ: 11:39am On Jan 09, 2020
Im using manual compressor,this one last since last year may till now. The last i got lasted 5months and later pack up. I got it direct at ladipo. Is it bad to use manual compressor on automatic gear
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 02, 2020
VirtIQ:
Im using manual compressor,this one last since last year may till now. The last i got lasted 5months and later pack up. I got it direct at ladipo. Is it bad to use manual compressor on automatic gear

For which car?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by shina101(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
VirtIQ:

??
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
Piyke:
I was in Lagos recently and picked up all I need to correctly charge an AC system! Thanks to Gazzuzz who gave me the right market to get these in Lag.

I've already used the tools to give the perfect charge to my AC. I documented the DIY procedure here: http://www.diyautoworksng.com/recharge-car-ac-system/

I had to do this because when my magnetic clutch was replaced 3 years ago, no vacuum was applied on the system angry. I just couldn't find a shop with a vacuum pump. Now I know better.

My cabin now feels like trekking unclothed in Antarctica cheesy

I did this again recently and got a video this time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nATAGrCnHbI

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by aieromon(m): 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2021
Piyke:

The note on your website already does justice to the DIY but this is very beautiful for people who appreciate video illustration better.

Is the vacuum pump needed for a gas topup or one should just stick to pressure readings?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by urgentsale: 8:07am On Feb 05, 2021
Piyke:

Will chat you up. Don't really do commercial work but may be able to offer you free diagnosis.

Please sir can you chat me up on whatsapp :
0-8-1-4-9-2-0-4-4-2-1

I want to discuss something important with you.
Thanks
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Mottomata(m): 10:08am On Feb 05, 2021
Piyke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nATAGrCnHbI
Iyke this video is educative. Good job!!!

A question, how about a situation where from a previous job, the AC system has a lot of oil above the recommended qty. What do you do to resolve this issue?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
aieromon:

The note on your website already does justice to the DIY but this is very beautiful for people who appreciate video illustration better.

Is the vacuum pump needed for a gas topup or one should just stick to pressure readings?

Thanks mate. No vacuum pump required for top ups. You will have to work with pressure in that case. I generally prefer to evacuate and refill personally.

1 Like

Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
urgentsale:

Please sir can you chat me up on whatsapp :
0-8-1-4-9-2-0-4-4-2-1

I want to discuss something important with you.
Thanks

Copy that.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Piyke: 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mottomata:

Iyke this video is educative. Good job!!!

A question, how about a situation where from a previous job, the AC system has a lot of oil above the recommended qty. What do you do to resolve this issue?

Unfortunately, this will require disassembly of the components of the AC and flushing. Note that certain things should not be flushed e.g. Compressor, condenser. Compressor should just be drained. After all this, add correct oil quantity to components (eg. Compressor) and the system after you reassemble. There might be some manufacturer specifics to how much oil should be drained from the compressor or added.
Why do you think the system has too much oil?
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by aieromon(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
Piyke:

Thanks mate. No vacuum pump required for top ups. You will have to work with pressure in that case. I generally prefer to evacuate and refill personally.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Mottomata(m): 3:50am On Feb 06, 2021
Piyke:

Unfortunately, this will require disassembly of the components of the AC and flushing. Note that certain things should not be flushed e.g. Compressor, condenser. Compressor should just be drained. After all this, add correct oil quantity to components (eg. Compressor) and the system after you reassemble. There might be some manufacturer specifics to how much oil should be drained from the compressor or added.
Why do you think the system has too much oil?

The AC technician said so and in fact alluded the lack of chilling power to the excess oil in the system.
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by Elsueno: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2021
Am only missing the vacuum pump...will try and get one
Re: I'm Now Ready For AC Work! by nnamokenna(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
Piyke:
I was in Lagos recently and picked up all I need to correctly charge an AC system! Thanks to Gazzuzz who gave me the right market to get these in Lag.

I've already used the tools to give the perfect charge to my AC. I documented the DIY procedure here: http://www.diyautoworksng.com/recharge-car-ac-system/

I had to do this because when my magnetic clutch was replaced 3 years ago, no vacuum was applied on the system angry. I just couldn't find a shop with a vacuum pump. Now I know better.

My cabin now feels like trekking unclothed in Antarctica cheesy

Hey Piyke! I just collected the vacuum pump and other items Mike sent from Lag. Let me see if I'd have some time this weekend to use them on my cars.

Again, thank you so much for your assistance. It's very much appreciated. Oh, and if you wouldn't mind too much, I'll be contacting you from time to time for insights and assistance on vehicle related stuff. Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driving Schools In Lagos: Someone Help Me Out Pls / What You Should Know About Customized/special, spy and dealer number Plate / How Can One Use The Tiptronic Gear Transmission??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.