Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

"Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student (40873 Views)

Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Marvinspeed(m): 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Mug for Best graduating student??!! Like he doesn't use one.
Bros return that Mug. You don't have to be educated to know you deserve more than that.

Where are all those Engineering firms; Setraco, Julius Berger etc.
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Ghost01(m): 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
SHEEGO2015:

Bro u ar really saying d fact.... I graduated with dis same course n I know wat it takes to ve dis kind of cgpa most especially from a civil engineering Dept...... I swear d guy is really better Dan 5.0guy
So what exactly makes him better than the 5.0 guy? Because you read the course? Every year we read about First Class engineering graduates, but psychology? Not that frequent. The level of occurrence takes nothing away from First Class Engineering graduates, but don't come here and spew gibberish. It's the same way you're convinced your course is hard that a psychology student/graduate believes his/hers is tenuous.

2 Likes

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by akigbemaru: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Finish high
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by dgysoft(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kudos my okada engineer sha remember say no bi only u ride okada go school must of us dodd jobs and had better result mean while were is uni osu or what?
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Smellymouth: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
ChappyChase:
to me, this guy is 10 times better than that boy that got CGPA 5.0 and to think that some people almost finished my life with bashing when I asked 'who will employ a psychologist?' But look at this guy with CGPA 4.81 in civil Engineering!!! Mehn, that to me is real success!

Anybody can get CGPA 6.0 in any course in the University as long as it does not involve calculations and technical drawing!
*feel free to bash me*

Well said bro.. Engineering for that matter..

4.81? shocked I duff my hat for the lad..
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by hovapsmartini(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
wow,congrats bro,more grease
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Johnnyessence(m): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
breaking news:osun state university change to bola ige university.
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Gerrard59(m): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
ChappyChase:
to me, this guy is 10 times better than that boy that got CGPA 5.0 and to think that some people almost finished my life with bashing when I asked 'who will employ a psychologist?' But look at this guy with CGPA 4.81 in civil Engineering!!! Mehn, that to me is real success!

Anybody can get CGPA 6.0 in any course in the University as long as it does not involve calculations and technical drawing!
*feel free to bash me*

Totally preposterous. It has been argued since aeons that it's easier to graduate with a First Class from calculative courses than subjective courses like English language, Philosophy, Psychology, History, Law etc.

In courses that involve calculations, you simply follow the formula given and you get your mark; as the answer in OAU will be same in Harvard. That's why students can get 90/100, 95/100 in mathematics but same is difficult to achieve in English language.

You shouldn't belittle anybody achievement because the course doesn't sound nice to your ears. Unless professional courses, you can work anywhere irrespective of what you studied, just make good grades and the sky will be your starting point. Mckinsey, Capgemini, PwC, KPMG, First Bank etc all employ graduates annually and they don't specify particular discipline(s). Just make your grades, pass their tests and interviews.

Talking about Ayodele Dada, I read he works for a multinational firm . That should at least keep your fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by akoladejesu(m): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
The guy lives beside our house.
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by KingRex1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
ChappyChase:

*feel free to bash me*
Okay to ansa this.. Nowadays most employers don't look at your course of study before sholistin or employin applicants. Your cgpa speaks a lot about ur commitment nd determination to do any kinda work. Most institutions now have training schools which can put someone in line with the institution's objectives
Then bou the cgpa thin, do u knw dat most first comes from sciences nd mathematical related courses..? Feel free to research bou that. Its harder to get a full mark in theory/analytical/discussion question than a straight forward mathematical ques.

I duff my cap more for the psychology dude than the engineering dude. I am an engineering/enviromental student, so i am nt biased.
I believe drs always a 1st class in engineering/mathematics faculty than arts/law. Check if i'm wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by slimzypink(f): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
ChappyChase:

*feel free to bash me*

not in law

2 Likes

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Johnnyessence(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
if an okada boy can make it in life i will make it no matter the challenges that confront me .
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by kingstop2020(m): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ehn ehn! I also came out with the same results some years ago. #winks
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by pinkycute(f): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
Best comment so far...

usmanktg2:
I am of sick of the way Nigerians use to overate coming from poor background. Abi those that come from rich background have two heads?
My brother, if you are good you are just good. Your background cannot justify your performance.

Congrats by the way.

1 Like

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by ademoladeji(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
pinkycute:
Best comment so far...

Best indeed
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by SHEEGO2015(m): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ghost01:
So what exactly makes him better than the 5.0 guy? Because you read the course? Every year we read about First Class engineering graduates, but psychology? Not that frequent. The level of occurrence takes nothing away from First Class Engineering graduates, but don't come here and spew gibberish. It's the same way you're convinced your course is hard that an engineering student/graduate believes his/hers is tenuous.

Bro.... I didn't quote you neither any of ur generations ...... B mindful wit d way you talk to ppl.... I was only expressing my mind without abusing or behaving stupid as u ar.... Don't come my way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nxt time learn to use decent English words
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by pinkycute(f): 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
cheesy cheesy

ademoladeji:

Best indeed
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Drabrah(m): 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
Abeg, shey n's cup I dey see so, abi anoda thing
grin grin grin
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by humbleself242(m): 4:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
Congratulations
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by princefaculty(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nice one congratulations.

Can anyone see what I am seeing? Gov. Aragbesola presenting a water mug that serves as flask to the dude for his excellent performance... na so things don spoil weh de no fit present better thin to d chap? Issorait grin
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Hardarmson(m): 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
nice one.... nobody is totally a dullard....
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Johnnyessence(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
no one should lose hope in life. kudos to the okada boy.
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by mudsam(m): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
Gud one 4 im bt i pray he go bk to ride okada with his result bcoz dia many graduate without job
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by karleone(m): 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
usmanktg2:
I am of sick of the way Nigerians use to overate coming from poor background. Abi those that come from rich background have two heads?
My brother, if you are good you are just good. Your background cannot justify your performance.

Congrats by the way.

My brother, you've got to give them the credit. It's not all about being good or not. In case you don't know, the challenges of life are well faced by the poverty stricken populace. So making it amidst the great/difficult challenges of life deserves appreciation.

2 Likes

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Abuklaw(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
ChappyChase:

*feel free to bash me*
The easiest course to score 5.0 is the one that involves calculation. When you know it certainly, nothing can deprive you of tour maximum mark. But do you think it is easy to recall particular information committed to long-term memory out of the myriad of information we are expose to on a daily basis. I love the calculation aspect of my course because I always perform excellently if I am versed in it and find it hard to get maximum mark in those that are theoretical.

And too say psychology is easy when they are several theories therein is absurdly incredulous. Guy take chill pill okay.

First class is common in faculty of engineering, accounting department in my school.

2 Likes

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by iWrite4People: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Guys pls stop this unnecessary comparison. Each one of these guys is amazing in their own right. Have you ever tried scoring an A in a written course like psychology or history before? How easy was that. Simply celebrate these young and amazing people, and encourage them to make the best out of life with what they have got. In few years, if they don't build quickly on their present feat, all these first class degrees will turn irrelevant .
ChappyChase:

*feel free to bash me*

1 Like

Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by yetunsbay(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
IN ANOTHER DEVELOPMT...UNIOSUN RENAMED TO "BOLA IGE UNIVERSITY" BY VISITOR ( HIS EXCELLENCY OGENI) TO THE INSTITUTN
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by usmanktg2(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
All of you guys comparing engineering and other courses, yes I agree that other courses too have some tough areas.
But what baffles me is whenever engineering students take course with others, Engine boys will always come atop.
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Princezoi(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
BLEECH REPORTS | UNIOSUN: Osun State University now Bola Ige University!!

http://bleechreport..com.ng/2016/03/osun-state-university-now-bola-ige.html
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by omohjesu(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
Is that mug being presented to dah guy Nawa ooo shocked
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Gerrard59:

Totally preposterous. It has been argued since aeons that it's easier to graduate with a First Class from calculative courses than subjective courses like English language, Philosophy, Psychology, History, Law etc.

In courses that involve calculations, you simply follow the formula given and you get your mark; as the answer in OAU will be same in Harvard. That's why students can get 90/100, 95/100 in mathematics but same is difficult to achieve in English language.

You shouldn't belittle anybody achievement because the course doesn't sound nice to your ears. Unless professional courses, you can work anywhere irrespective of what you studied, just make good grades and the sky will be your starting point. Mckinsey, Capgemini, PwC, KPMG, First Bank etc all employ graduates annually and they don't specify particular discipline(s). Just make your grades, pass their tests and interviews.

Talking about Ayodele Dada, I read he works for a multinational firm . That should at least keep your fingers crossed.

Uncountable likes for you.....
Re: "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student by Ghost01(m): 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
SHEEGO2015:

Bro.... I didn't quote you neither any of ur generations ...... B mindful wit d way you talk to ppl.... I was only expressing my mind without abusing or behaving stupid as u ar.... Don't come my way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nxt time learn to use decent English words
Next time, learn how to make meaningful contribution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pupils Almost Put Me In Trouble / How To Know A 'Runs Girl' In Nigerian Universities!!! / Man Moves Daughter To Tears, Gifts Her New Ride At Her Convocation. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.