Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27066 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by biola44: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
:d ;d
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by freezy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2009
Monthly allowance for being my chic?

Haba shocked ! Nothing wey we no go hear for nairaland.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chukz4real(m): 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hey all. Did the poster say allowances? Guys, but what is bad with givin ur GF enough dough  (if you can afford it) to get herself lovelier for Christ sake! I have a woman and lots some ex's. I don't need them ask of me before I give to them, afterall I give even to those with nothin attached, When you are good in giving, I see no need why ur GF will not reason along with u when u tell her u don't have.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chukz4real(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
freezy:

Monthly allowance for being my chic?

Haba shocked ! Nothing wey we no go hear for nairaland.

@Freezy
I don't think a sane lady can make such demand before goin into relationship especially now that men are very scarce (good ones) to come by. lipsrsealed
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2009
whitelexi or what ever you are called, I know your type, your antecedents and your level; you're not worth licking one of my toenails. You and that barely intelligible person who has posted above me^^^^^^^^, kelvinj. I won't repeat myself so I suggest you re-read my posts, but next time with more objectivity and maturity.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Vuitton(m): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
iice:

Yes.  .  .
But i don't get why a man has to pay for her hair and all that? Is it not her head? Her hair?, isn't it her responsibility? undecided

Please tell you fellow women oooh  sad

I definitely dont support the allowance issue  angry THAT IS PROSTITUTION

I admire working class or business women (Miss Independents) and desire to have a relationship with a lady with fair earning. If things are a bit slow, i can assist and vice versa  kiss BALANCED RECIPROCITY  cool
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by freezy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2009
chukz4real:

@Freezy
I don't think a sane lady can make such demand before goin into relationship especially now that men are very scarce (good ones) to come by. lipsrsealed

Are you kidding me?!!

I think you need to re-read earlier posts.
Some ladies are brewing fire with brimstone so as to tell all who care to listen that it is proper! Jeez!
Woe betide all who fall in their path.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2009
Over here, girls get offensive when I offer them little gifts not to talk when I refuse their own gifts.
Now, with this scary development of a naija girl requesting for allowance, Ive made up my mind on which way to go.

Pathetic!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Vuitton(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2009
Vuitton:

I definitely dont support the allowance issue  angry THAT IS PROSTITUTION
I wrote this based on sugabelle statement - I never have to "beg" or demand my man for anything, he knows the drill. And in turn he gets my full and deepest devotion.

"And in turn he gets my FULL AND DEEPEST DEVOTION  shocked "

No money, no sex  

Am in 9ja smiley i hear that in Europe and America (DEVELOPED NATIONS) when opposite sex go out it is normal for them to split the bill, is that truth or false
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Iyara(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
quote by sugabelle
"hmm'n, he wasn't a "baller" when we started dating; we were students in uni, and I stuck with him because what he lacked in giving cash, he made up for in being supportive and loving. And now that he's rolling in dough, who else is he going to blow it on but me, huh? . LovePeddler-talk or not, guys are demanding in their own rights, and if the babe is relunctant bc she feels he is too stingy to deserve her most prized possession, na crime? And for the record, I'm quite comfortable in my own right, but it feels extra nice when your man chooses to be generous and not act like he thinks you're a prostitute because you expect him to spend a little."

Your most prized possession is your vagina??! Please tell me that's not what the average Nigerian girl believes.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Aprilmay(f): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
God forbid i never chop boyfriend lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
You may twist my words any way you like to suit your filthy mind; but just for the sake of clarity I will give you the point I've been trying to make: where the guy happens to be more financially buoyant than the babe, he should learn to be giving and supportive financially. Never did i state the girl should "demand" allowance. My man doesn't wait for me to start begging for anything; being who he is, he knows how he would treat his own mother or sister if they needed him, and he treats me just the same. It is this love, support and generosity that has won him my full and deepest devotion. And for that one wondering what he looks like, trust me, his looks match his pocket. He is total eye candy. So go and quench.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2009
"The average Nigerian girl" does not enjoy feeling used. I've seen guys who doggedly go after a girl, pretending to love her, and feels its okay to want her to trust and love him enough to jump into bed with him before marriage, but can never lift a finger to help her when she's in need, just because he feels "it's over my dead body to give my gf money, is it payment etc. The bottom line of what I have been saying, is that, be more generous and trusting. Not everyone is a materialistic shark. Spending or giving does not make you a mugu. Yes, some girls have "scrapped" many guys, even using the money given by innocent bfs to finance their other bobos. Shit happens. But if you go into a r/ship thinking every girl who needs you to support her once in a while or regularly is a gold-digging leech, then too effing bad.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by lagtim(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2009
I'm tired of all you people who try to conceptualize the issue of relationships! you assume (wrongly) that all men are thesame, and that all women also act thesame way. much as it is possible that certain trends are followed in relationships, I don't believe that anyone can rightly pronounce on relationships, not after having at leasr 7 girlfriends/boyfriends.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

"The average Nigerian girl" does not enjoy feeling used. I've seen guys who doggedly go after a girl, pretending to love her, and feels its okay to want her to trust and love him enough to jump into bed with him before marriage, but can never lift a finger to help her when she's in need, just because he feels "it's over my dead body to give my gf money, is it payment etc. The bottom line of what I have been saying, is that, be more generous and trusting. Not everyone is a materialistic shark. Spending or giving does not make you a mugu. Yes, some girls have "scrapped" many guys, even using the money given by innocent bfs to finance their other bobos. Shit happens. But if you go into a r/ship thinking every girl who needs you to support her once in a while or regularly is a gold-digging leech, then too effing bad.

PLS POST PIC AND BANK STATEMENTS TO PROVE UR CLAIMS.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2009
^^^^who's dis one

don't come and terrorize any one here with this your bombozzle CAPS. shioorrr and lol.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Vuitton(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
Iyara:

quote by sugabelle
"LovePeddler-talk or not, guys are demanding in their own rights, and if the babe is relunctant bc she feels he is too stingy to deserve her most prized possession, na crime? And for the record, I'm quite comfortable in my own right, but it feels extra nice when your man chooses to be generous and not act like he thinks you're a prostitute because you expect him to spend a little."

Your most prized possession is your vagina??! Please tell me that's not what the average Nigerian girl believes.

Na Wah OOO  shocked Shameful  cry

sugabelle:

You may twist my words any way you like to suit your filthy mind; but just for the sake of clarity I will give you the point I've been trying to make: My man doesn't wait for me to start begging for anything; being who he is, he knows how he would treat his own mother or sister if they needed him, and he treats me just the same. It is this love, support and generosity that has won him my full and deepest devotion.

al-qaeda:

PLS POST PIC AND BANK STATEMENTS TO PROVE UR CLAIMS.

Lol  tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

^^^^who's dis one

don't come and terrorize any one here with this your bombozzle CAPS. shioorrr and lol.

SORRY BUT I DON'T RECALL THIS BEING A "SUGABELLE THREAD ONLY". BESIDES WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF? SCARED I'LL EXPOSE YOUR TRUE ID.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by otukpo(f): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
Interesting
See the way girls now want to compensate themselves. At least, they are not sure of marriage.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
With a name like al-qaeda, I'm sure you're very welcome where ever you go. Please, when you start posting your own real picture and use your true names, then I would feel like you are being serious. tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

With a name like al-qaeda, I'm sure you're very welcome where ever you go. Please, when you start posting your own real picture and use your true names, then I would feel like you are being serious. tongue

DON'T PROVOKE ME, GIRL. I'M MORE THAN SERIOUS AND YOU KNOW WHO I AM. AND YOU KNOW I KNOW YOU.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
^^^^What - ever tongue. Do what you have to do bro. Or sis.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

^^^^What - ever tongue. Do what you have to do bro. Or sis.

GOOD. SINCE YOU ACCEPT THAT WE KNOW EACH OTHER, LETS JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT. HOW FAR. HOW WAS UR WEEKEND.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by freezy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2009
al-qaeda:

GOOD. SINCE YOU ACCEPT THAT WE KNOW EACH OTHER, LETS JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT. HOW FAR. HOW WAS UR WEEKEND.

Sharp guy. She'll cost you plenty of money o! cool

I have said my piece.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by wanville(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
freezy:

Sharp guy. She'll cost you plenty of money o! cool

I have said my piece.

DON'T WORRY BROS. WE KNOW EACH OTHER VERY WELL. SHE'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK. SHE'S REALLY NICE AND VERY DOWN TO EARTH. HER POSTS ARE JUST TO LIGHTEN UP THE THREAD.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Meldrick(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
wanville:

@ post

lol. What type of girls are you asking out? Is it all dem koko mansion girls and the likes grin grin grin grin (just kiddin no offence intended----i hp none taken) smiley
Seriously I have lots of guys around me and I've never once heard them talk about a galfriend that demands an allowance. I've only heard basketmouth or them I go die joke about it. So where exactly do her parents come in?What does she do with all the money they give her, if not get her hair or nails done?I think the whole allowance thing balls down to contentment. Maybe some girls want to wear LV like everyone else when the can't afford it-hence the need for an "allowance." As the old adage goes, "cut your coat according to your size."
I know there are obviously some unique cases where the girl truely can't survive without help from her boyfriend. I guess then the boyfriend just has to be discerning. Everyone knows when they are been taken for a ride.If your galfriend geninuely needs help and you love her, I don't see why you wouldn't willing help her out.

Oh!!!!!! you've pierced my heart with your write-up. If you had no boyfriend, I should have been thinking of marrying you. I was touched when you asked'' WHERE DO HER PARENTS COME IN''?

One hungry girl on this forum was talking about not paying before you date as old-fashioned. Meaning she believes you must pay to date. All those type of girls jump from one bed to the other even when they are married. I have prayed that those type of girls should not come close to me, my brothers or even my enemy because they will suck the shit out of you, until people start seeing only your shirt and trouser walking. They will hardly recognise you.
Iam not saying I cannot give my girlfriend money when she is in need or buy her gifts. Guys must do that. I had this girl during my University days who was always demanding I assist her with foodstuff, part of her school fees. To me there was nothing bad in assisting but I sent her off one day she said afterall I do not pay for sleeping with her. Shitttttt, I exclaimed, Is my girlfriend a LovePeddler? We ended the relationship. I hate girls with that mentality. Of course, they are majorly girls from the Jungle.

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Shinatu: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
I  consider myelf to be an independent woman, constantly appraised as one of the best in what I do to earn a living and do not believe in a girl demanding an allowance in a relationship, but I would advice any young woman to fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee from a stingy man.

Stinginess is a vice that does not move alone, it goes around with it's brothers and sisters like insensitivity, selfcenteredness and irresponsibility

I was taught not to be materialistic and I think that has a fault because it prevented me from opening my eyes well to be able to identify stinginess.

Men start the materialism accusation when they want to eat their cake and have it, you are attracted to a girl who everytime looks like a movie star, her hair is renewed every week or two and you are happy to show her off to your friends, you see a natural beauty with a nice 'shuku' and you say she is not your spec. How do you expect the 'sweet babe' to take care of these things, if she is a student, how many parents give money for a beauty workover every week?

Many people still expect a girlfriend to wash clothes, plates(piled up) and clean up the whole house, they insist it shows how good a wife she would be, so these girls keep on labouring for the dangled carrots!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by otunoba1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ma broda, i tire ooooo.Today's gals ehnnnnnnn!! everything is P A Y G(pay as u go) and wen u tell dem dey disagree dat they are not commercial sex workas. You now wonder wat d meaning of "bedroom power" really is, dont get it twisted, aint nuttin wrong wit spoilin ur gal with gifts and all dat but why most of dem see it as d grease dat kips d relationship rollin beats me, infact ,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2009
It is this love, support and generosity that has won him my full and deepest devotion.

sugababe if he gave you the love and support without the generosity would he still have won your deepest devotion?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by mayrho(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2009
Girlfriend/ASHEE?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Tonye73(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
I have come to realized that girls make it as a policy that you must give them daily/weekly/monthly allowance depends on what you agree with her.

I was giving my last girl friend N50,000 allowances per month, this is not a joke. But now no way for any girl who would demand allowance from me.

Although you must buy her gifts or give her cash to do her hair, but not on allowance basis as I was been fooled by this girl. Infact I don’t want to date any poor girl that will depends on my allowance; I want to settle down and looking out for babes who works in reputable organisation, e.g., telecoms, banks, oil & gas. So babes over to you, if you are interested and not to depend on allowance hit me straight away on 234-018229751.

So guys be wise and stop giving any girl allowance, you better give that allowance to your mum instead of girl you don’t secure as your wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Wants Part Of My Allowee / Man Who Shaded Black Ladies Because Of His Oyinbo Girlfriend Claims His Ex Did / Twitter User Exposes A Lady Who Used Her Photos To Seek For Partner On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.