Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! (38423 Views)

Why Post Utme MUST Be Scrapped Completely (5 Reasons) / Five Good Reasons Why Post Utme Should Not Be Scrapped / See Why Nysc Should Be Scrapped (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by daresimon(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2016
One of the reasons I think mod shouldt
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by daresimon(m): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2016
One of the reasons I think mod should be changed.
Imagine this kind of stuff coming to front page

1 Like

Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Drdonzeez(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
CaptainECole:
Lalasticlala,I will like this to be in front page— not because of what the OP said but because of the replies that has been dished out! Thank You.
CC. Fynestboi
The op is just too dull.Like I said earlier in another thread.the right answers are marked wrong,wrong answers are marked right..Myself and my friend wrote on the 2nd of March. After the exam this guy was so depressed:he said he didn't do well in physics and English.I had to calm him down.Fast forward to the 3rd of march when our results were released,he had 75 n 74 respectively which I had far below.this is a guy I always beat hands down
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by jattshaf(m): 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
nairaland is the best land I ever been to on this earth. I love being amongst you.............. Some people will just come here saying all trash of their mouth with thought that nigeria is truly a zoo like many claimed........ Not anymore mr Op.

If you do or say any how. There people here that will show or tell you anyhow. (In 2face voice) cheesy
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Mavelshee(m): 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

To my fellow Jambites: No matter what happens. don't let that score score your destiny. I believe in you. Yes you. you are then one we are waiting for.

I end on this note: Exams are not the true test of knowledge. show the world the stuff you are made of. then jamb would send you an apology message for giving you DEFLATED scores.

+Like if you agree

hahahah.......u better go jak ur book Ooo
an idle machine gun in a warfront is as useless as a corpse irrespective of its potential
Hence, u gat pass jamb to become wat u want to be in future

if u like sitdown der dae wait for apology....
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
At the OP I disagree with you, there's the daughter of my neighbor, the best student in her school, as in I know her ability, she wrote on d 9th and scored 176. I totally disagree with that result, Jamb should do something and rectify whatever technical challenges they're having cos dis poor girl want to kill her self to death since last night
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
Drdonzeez:
The op is just too dull.Like I said earlier in another thread.the right answers are marked wrong,wrong answers are marked right..Myself and my friend wrote on the 2nd of March. After the exam this guy was so depressed:he said he didn't do well in physics and English.I had to calm him down.Fast forward to the 3rd of march when our results were released,he had 75 n 74 respectively which I had far below.this is a guy I always beat hands down
Same happened to me... I scored 42 in physics ... I couldn't believe my eyes! knowing how good I am in that subject
. I think I support your view,but I thank God I crossed the cutoff point, this year's Jamb is nothing but a collossal failure!
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
My Friend Got 210 in Jamb this year.

he's a year younger than I am, and he is very intelligent, he's beaten me in chess several times, he is very good in mathematics and I was Already teaching him university physics at around the time he went to do JAMB. his English is Great and he spent several weeks studying past questions.

We all know That's not his real score. That's bullshit, he would never score that low score. I didn't know what he knew last year when i did mine and I Got 239. So, Don't come here and brag about what is not. angry
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:

Firstly, Quoting The Whole Post Shows How Null You Are.

Secondly My Score Is Weak, Yes I Might Have Scored 300+ But Since They Keep Screaming That The Exams Was Poorly Marked, I Guessed Thats Why It Settled @ 243.

Meaning, The Intelligent Ones (Me Inclusive) Are Not Supposed To Lament Under Such Circumstances.
cool

My friend, you better stop bragging, how can you tag students who scored below 180 dull? Are you God? This exam was written in a non-uniform manner, while some centers where working correctly other centers wasn't, all these factors can definitely add to either scoring high or low. Since you scored way above the cut-up mark, just start preparing for your post utme because you still have a bridge to cross!
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Anowax(m): 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
xender:
sadsadsadsad

please nobody should give this dude attention......you praise yourself like its your doing... I pity you .How about those who scored above 250 last year but due to one thing or the other were not admitted, only to intensify effort this year by reading fastidiously. Only for the person to see a JAMB score of 156 or 167 this year.

Bro, even JAMB knows they have problems hence the 40 marks added to candidate who sat for the exam 27th and 29th.

One of the JAMB official have already released a statement expressing regrets on this years JAMB exam , and u are talking like those who are getting poor scores are all dull. It would have been better if u kept ur score to yourself and not creating a misleading thread .This problem is general.

You haven't even written post ume you are already raising shoulder like who don matriculate sef. With this your score you would still need to do a lot of preparations for post utme .especially if its a competitive course and a federal university.

so bro... leave those complaining to do so because they were wrongly scored.

A clear example that u were favoured is the grammatical blunders you made ,compared to the guy who posted about JOINT ADMISSION AND MANIPULATION BOARD [JAMB] his write up shows his capabilities yet he was scored very low. Just thank God for ur score.

#RemarkJamb2016
I wanted to like this post twice but was unable. You made so much sense. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
mickey45:

I'm sad to tell you this but it's the truth, the country as it currently is has no plans for anybody, the ogas at the top are still scrambling for whatever crumbs of the cake still remains for grabs.
Even if you write the exam ehn, you'd probably get admitted and then what? spend 4/5+x years studying a counrse your mates spend less time studying abroad and still not know as much as they do.
E
Exactly man! sometimes I am tempted to ask God why I was born in this country, a country where only the rich and the political class enjoy the "dividend of democracy"... and the poor and ordinary citizens are made to suffer all due to the incompetence of our so-called leaders. Hmmmm... I pray for a better Nigeria ... we need a Messiah ... seriously we do!
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Onlyone3: 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Which mod promoted this thread to front page??
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by TorbaGold(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
Seriously scoring high marks in jamb is by LUCK...I sat 4 my 1st jamb in 2013,its was a mess I scored 199....it turns out so tough that the sch I chose only allowed pple wif 200 2 sat 4 their post jamb that year..I was so worried and cudnt make it to the university of my choice,so I have to settle 4 polytechnic ..the funniest part is I have to reprint my jamb scr...gbas gbas gbas,I went to a nearest cyber cafe on reprinting it...I was shocked seeing my scr changing from 199 to 255...wtf!!..cudnt belive my sight..I told d cyberMan to reprint it again..yet d same....***since den I knw jamb is all about Luck...imagine my score changing.......jamb shud be scrap,dey r jes using w nigerian student to make money...

**so dnt b fast judgemental,what works for you migh not work for me..and I scoring 180 dosent means ur 235 is a sure ticket to university....never call any1 dummy std..

***the corruption in jamb marking is even worse and bad than the one buhari is trying to kick out..
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Zedicuszolan: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
if you can agree on the first error so why find it hard to believe the second is an error too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by ben1daEbiri(m): 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:
JAMB 2016 SHOULD NOT BE SCRAPPED/REMARKED...

I Have Been Reading Online Posts On Nairaland, MySchool & Some Other Blogs, And I Kept Seeing Lazy Users Screaming, Calling For The Scrapping Of Jamb 2016.
I Simply Read & Laugh At These Posts.

After This Post, Richiez , olawalebabs , Fynestboi & Lalasticlala Should Stop Paying Attention To Those UnPrepared/ Dull Candidates Calling For The Scrapping Of JAMB 2016. Because, As Far As You Are Intelligent, You Must Definitely beat The Mere 180+ Cutoff Mark, Even If Your Result Was Poorly Marked.

Jamb Has Been In Existence Since 1978. And It Has Been The Only Body Screening Secondary School Leavers Before Post Utme Was Introduced In 2005.

Fast forward To 2015 When CBT Was Fully Introduced, Its Safe To Say That It Was Success. And Now 2016, And I Must Say It Is A Huge Success As Well. For All Those Screaming #RemarkJamb2016 / #ScrabJamb2016, I Am Sorry To Say You All Are Dead Heads, Empty Brain.

Before You Throw Stones At Me. I Also Wrote This Years Jamb And Scored 243, Reason Was That I Prepared 100%. I Got All My Essential Chemistry, Physics, Maths & English Text Books. Plus Downloaded The Syllabus Of Each Subject & Read It Word For Word. (That's The Criteria For Passing JAMB)

I Didn't Rely On Past Questions Like Most Of You Did. I guess That's The Reason Why Y'all Failed. Also, Most Of Y'all Spent All Your Time On Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter While The Wise Ones Was Busy Preparing.

Plus Those Of You Making Stupid Suggestions On Scrapping Jamb, Meaning Whosoever Passed WAEC Would Just Go And Sit For Post Utme. WTF
WAEC Is The Most Corrupt Exam Body, As SS3 students No Longer Write WAEC By Themselves. They Now Depend On Miracle Centers.

My Advice To Those Who Scored Below 180 In This Years Jamb Exam Is: Quit Most Of Your Online Activities & LOVE Your Book. For God's Sake What Is Wrong With This Indomie Generation

You Guys Are Just Too Lazy To Read. And It Is The Lazy Ones That Are Screaming #ScrapJamb, While The Intelligent Ones (Me Inclusive) Are Already Preparing For Post Utme.

#Peace!

[/font][/i]

MODIFIED:

I Felt That At This moment That Everyone Seems To Be Protesting On
Scrapping Jamb, Some Other Persons Were Favored. What's Going To Be Their
Fate If It Is Eventually Scrapped

OR

What If JAMB 2016 Is Officially Remarked And You Scored Below What You Got Before
OP,may the good Lord bless you,i agree with you 100%!...I know the pain i passed through just for this JAMB,i had to use my nokia 110 with very small font and copied JAMB syllabus for maths,physics,chemistry and English,during the day,i go about my daily activities-nairalanding,facebooking and hanging with friends but in the night,i JACK!I mean serious JACKING...i know the sleepless nights i passed through....enough of my stories but my point is that most of those who wrote poorly are screaming remark or scrap,if you really prepared,you'll sure beat that 180 mark +-40 marks...peace!!!
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by mayor10(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
The Last Time Jamb Marked Well Was 2011....Jamb These Days Isn't Based On How Intelligent You Are Buh God's Grace and Good Luck.
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by vjholu: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
God go punish you,you idiot ...senseless fool.. I pray that admission u seek for will be delayed so u can rethink n learn how to approach other peoples feeling...
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by DesChyko: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
What was intended as a revelation thread has transformed into a judgement thread. He aired an opinion, and the vast majority resorted to rubbishing his person as if that would help increase their jamb scores; or reduce his. Imagine if a decision maker in the JAMB field were to be going through these comments, would he have seen enough logical submissions to push for the remarking? Nigerians missing the bigger picture since 1960.
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Onlyone3: 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:

I Have Been Reading Online Posts On Nairaland, MySchool & Some Other Blogs, And I Kept Seeing Lazy Users Screaming, Calling For The Scrapping Of Jamb 2016.

After This Post, Richiez , olawalebabs , Fynestboi & Lalasticlala Should Stop Paying Attention To Those UnPrepared/ Dull Candidates Calling For The Scrapping Of JAMB 2016. Because, As Far As You Are Intelligent, You Must Definitely beat The Mere 180+ Cutoff Mark, Even If Your Result Was Poorly Marked.Fool because you scored 243 by luck. Re you better than those that scored 178??

Jamb Has Been In Existence Since 1978. And It Has Been The Only Body Screening Secondary School Leavers Before Post Utme Was Introduced In 2005.

Fast forward To 2015 When CBT Was Fully Introduced, Its Safe To Say That It Was Success. And Now 2016, And I Must Say It Is A Huge Success As Well. For All Those Screaming #RemarkJamb2016 / #ScrabJamb2016, I Am Sorry To Say You All Are Dead Heads, Empty Brain.

Before You Throw Stones At Me. I Also Wrote This Years Jamb And Scored 243, Reason Was That I Prepared 100%. I Got All My Essential Chemistry, Physics, Maths & English Text Books. Plus Downloaded The Syllabus Of Each Subject & Read It Word For Word. (That's The Criteria For Passing JAMB)

I Didn't Rely On Past Questions Like Most Of You Did. I guess That's The Reason Why Y'all Failed. Also, Most Of Y'all Spent All Your Time On Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter While The Wise Ones Was Busy Preparing.

Plus Those Of You Making Stupid Suggestions On Scrapping Jamb, Meaning Whosoever Passed WAEC Would Just Go And Sit For Post Utme. WTF
WAEC Is The Most Corrupt Exam Body, As SS3 students No Longer Write WAEC By Themselves. They Now Depend On Miracle Centers.

My Advice To Those Who Scored Below 180 In This Years Jamb Exam Is: Quit Most Of Your Online Activities & LOVE Your Book. For God's Sake What Is Wrong With This Indomie Generation

You Guys Are Just Too Lazy To Read. And It Is The Lazy Ones That Are Screaming #ScrapJamb, While The Intelligent Ones (Me Inclusive) Are Already Preparing For Post Utme.

#Peace!

[/font][/i]

MODIFIED:

OR

What If JAMB 2016 Is Officially Remarked And You Scored Below What You Got Before
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Onlyone3: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:

After This Post, Richiez , olawalebabs , Fynestboi & Lalasticlala Should Stop Paying Attention To Those UnPrepared/ Dull Candidates Calling For The Scrapping Of JAMB 2016. Because, As Far As You Are Intelligent, You Must Definitely beat The Mere 180+ Cutoff Mark, Even If Your Result Was Poorly Marked.

#Peace!

[/font][/i]

MODIFIED:

OR

Fool, Re you better than those that scored 178? or re you more prepared than them?
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by stteejax(m): 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
Exactly what happened to my kid sis..system was going back and she couldn't finish..
slimmybaarbie:

Oh really?

Mr "intelligent", I'm sure you would have been screaming your head off if you hadn't gotten 243, you think those students complaining are dull? And that you're much more better than them?

Tell me what you would have done in this situation...

After burning the midnight candles, reading day and night, suspending every other things because you wanted to pass your jamb, then you got to the exam hall and the following things happened...

The computer you were given, always take you back to your number 1 question every 15mins, making you start all over again, thereby wasting the limited time you were given. undecided

Then 15 questions wasn't showing in your English language questions...

You complained to the invigilators and they tried all they could to make it right, but no success.

Due to the way the system was taking you back to the first question, you couldn't answer all the questions...

Then you returned home frustrated and angry, and the next day your checked your result only to find out that your score is low...

Mr 'hardworking and intelligent‘...will you accept the result calmly or protest against it? undecided

I need a sincere answer from you, because you're here claiming what you're not, simply because you were lucky to get 243 undecided
you should be thankful Op not bragging..
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by dontwist849: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
mchwwwwwww........your comment is totally rubbissshhhhhh......who tld u dah ppl dah ask for remarking of d exams didn't geh 180+.... i score 274 buh its hard for me to see som of mah friends bin cheated by JAMB. dnt be selfish bcoz u cnnt even com close to the academic standard of some students dah faild jamb dis year. why will dea b wrong options in exams? som students didn't ansa question 11-20 in English, .... you are coward, u cannot stand for d ryt of odas bcoz u are so lucky to score 240 which cannot opt for d less competitive courses in some universities. i will like to help dem protest!!! coz if we dnt stand up now, the next generation ll suffer forit. dsam tin will b repeating itself evry year.
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Udpconcept(m): 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
The op is too boastful for my liking. Scoring 243 is not a guarantee that u will be matriculating this year
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by dontwist849: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
and mind you, it takes the grace of for som1 to geh admission.....i'm vry sure that u are afraid of remarking dis exams bcoz u knw ur standard... you knw dah u geht 240 by luck not wah u knw.......the brilliant one will nt mock som1 becoz of mere 240..... dnt take tinx personal nd 4geht abt God
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by samwise99(m): 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:

#Peace!

[/font][/i]

MODIFIED:

OR

""What If JAMB 2016 Is Officially Remarked And You Scored Below What You Got Before""

this is exactly the reason why u don't want jamb 2016 to be remarked ..(243 to 140)

I even thought that the poster is a jamb official without even knowing that he is also a jambite.,,(who is not even sure of getting admision this year)

#team_jamb_high_score
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by BelovedEaglet(m): 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
[/img]@Op because you got dah shit doesn't give u any gut to talk shit..... pray hard and campaign hard against the remarking ok? because we sure know if it did be remarked you might end up as intelligent as 181(Excape from hell )
#Proudpeacock
I rep
#Remark-jamb-2016!
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:

I Didn't Rely On Past Questions Like Most Of You Did. I guess That's The Reason Why Y'all Failed.
Also, Most Of Y'all Spent All Your Time On Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter While The Wise Ones Was Busy Preparing.

#Peace!

[/font][/i]

MODIFIED:

OR

nice one bro. What brought my annoyance to this dull candidates was when someone who wrote earlier finished his/her exams, they will ask "pls your questions was from which year's past questions"
imagine?
Instead of a student to follow up his syllabus religiously and devote himself to read the recommended textbooks, they spend their worthless time reading pastquestions.
Even though jamb didnt try much by giving me my desired and expected scores, yet i got 231 by God's special grace and am still complacent with it.
God bless you bro for this post.
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
somtoto:
oh my GOD.you scored 243 in jamb and you are feeling like A GOD.shame on you!i scored 268 in the last jamb and i applied for medicine and i didnt get it...i read like my life depended on it,put my life in a hole for months,cut down on extra things that could steal my time in this year's jamb and you coming here to blab.who are you calling a lazy student?a person who finish all inclusive calculation in physics,lamlard physics,essential chemstry,lamlard chemistry,modern biology,comprehensive biology,lamlard biology and in english a-z and invisible teacher.
sir,if you werent affected all you should do is to THANK GOD not to brag.
#remarkjamb2016

The OP obviously wasn't talking about people like you. I thought that was obvious..
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Walelavender(m): 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
OP. You made some valid points and you also goofed. Not surprised at this. Obviously youthful exuberance at work.

Yeah valid points; some lazy students who didn't prepare for the exams have been disturbing our peace on this forum by aligning with the unfortunate brilliant ones for the remarking of UTME.

You goofed! Yes you did by bragging to be an 'Intelligent One ' whilst you still need to be smart with your 'Use of English ' and you were pretty lucky with the logistics during your exam . Next time don't jump the gun grin

....And to Prof Dibu Ojerinde, concerted efforts should be made to avoid further embarrassment in the future by having a Mock (CBT) UTME in selected centres around the 6 geopolitical zones of the country.

You don't want to scrap JAMB and NYSC. Never it won't work.
More holistic reforms should be done

God bless Nigeria
Re: JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
glimpse33:

Pig Head. While The Dull ones Are Screaming/ Gnashing Their Teeth, I Have Seen People (Hundreds) Both Online & Real Life Who Are Celebrating 270+ In This Same Week.
please don't waste your energy replying any idiot who gets jealous or pour his frustration on you.
From what i could observe, many of them have been jamb customers for years and are still already planning of getting another jamb form next year.
Well just give thanks to God for His grace and pray He leads you to success in your eventual post utme exams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Immaculata Onuigbo: American University Of Nigeria's Best Graduating Student / Otusha Faith Agbo Graduates With First Class In Mathematics From UK University / Madonna University Increases Her Tuition Fees - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.