Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival (4652 Views)

2019: Why PDP Is Yet To Endorse Fayose For President – Makarfi / 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by seanney: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Republican candidate Ben Carson has endorsed onetime rival Donald Trump, boosting the tycoon ahead of what could be the decisive week in the race for the party’s presidential nomination.
The retired neurosurgeon joined Mr Trump in a news conference on Friday morning at the real estate tycoon’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida. More after the cut…

Mr Carson said: “I’ve come to know Donald Trump over the last few years. He is actually a very intelligent man who cares deeply about America. “There’s two different Donald Trumps. There’s the one you see on the stage and there’s the one who’s very cerebral.”

He said he had “buried the hatchet” with the real estate magnate over their scathing campaign clashes. Mr Trump, 69, mentioned during Thursday night’s televised Republican debate that Mr Carson would be backing him. Mr Carson halted his own White House campaign last week after failing to win a single primary contest, though he remains popular with evangelical voters.
Mr Carson, 64, briefly leapfrogged Mr Trump in opinion polls earlier in the Republican campaign. But voters deserted him after a series of missteps and following vicious attacks by Mr Trump on his character, accusing him of lying about his autobiography.
In a blistering barrage, Mr Trump had said his onetime rival was a “pathological liar” and even compared him to a child molester. Mr Carson turned the other cheek and said: “Pray for him.” Asked about the past personal attacks on Friday, Mr Trump shrugged and said: “It’s a tough business, politics.”
As political newcomers who launched unlikely insurgent challenges against establishment candidates, they are in some way natural bedfellows. Mr Carson is the second former Republican presidential candidate to officially back Mr Trump, following New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s imprimatur last month.
The endorsement is a blow to Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who has been in a tug-of-war with Mr Trump for the evangelical vote. Mr Carson announced last week that he is to chair an organisation that works on turning out the Christian vote. Mr Trump is leading ahead of next Tuesday’s Republican primaries in Ohio and Florida when he could all but sew up the party’s nomination. He has been appealing to Republican grandees, who remain wary that he could lead the party into oblivion in November’s election, to unite behind him.

http://www.gistexpression.net/2016/03/dr-ben-carson-endorsement-trump-his.html
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by SleekMallam: 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
Just saw it on Al Jazeera now. Trump for President!
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Atigba: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
Go trump go

We re behind u

That terrorist Obama and his supporters must be kick out of white house

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by seanney: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
It is like this election is turning the Trumps way,my fellow Naija you betta dey send money home befor this guy freeze your account and send you packing
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
Am freaking disappointed
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by excellencyabia1: 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
game of intetest
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by sweetgala(m): 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Game of interest, Carson had been promised a juicy portfolio

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by mrphysics(m): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
Politics.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Goddex: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
Team Trump
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by stevecantrell: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
Trump's lack of temperament will cause so many problems in America and abroad - gosh, I can't wait !
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by seunmsg(m): 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Better to endorse Trump than Ted Cruz.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by kingdompropty: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
I hate to love this guy trump. Like I said last week that Americans can't give us a Buhari and then turn around and say no to trump.

This one I give it to Donald Trump the German American. Muslims, terrorists and fraudsters beware.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by 0YorubaParapo0: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Atigba:
Go trump go
We re behind u
That terrorist Obama and his supporters must be kick out of white house

Why are Nigerians so stupid like this? Is t so hard to grab a book or find articles online? Someone who is balance racist to all groups, except for whites is being endorse by a black person in Nigeria. Something who called blacks something akin to animals. M
Grab a textbook please. Because he's anti Muslim, bigotry Nigerians are supporting this doofus, not knowing he's just as anti black.

To brainwash blacks to start newslavery won't be hard at all.

11 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by stevecantrell: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Why are Nigerians so stupid like this? Is t so hard to grab a book or find articles online? Someone who is balance racist to all groups, except for whites is being endorse by a black person in Nigeria. Something who called blacks something akin to animals. M
Grab a textbook please. Because he's anti Muslim, bigotry Nigerians are supporting this doofus, not knowing he's just as anti black.

Trump is a racist, yes.
Racism is generational in the Trump family, from their business practices to the Apprentice show.

AAs are solidly behind Hilary because of this.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by LesbianBoy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by LesbianBoy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
Americans will make the biggest mistake of their lives if they vote in trump! Trump is just like buhari the bastard! The only difference is that, he is not a pretender like the daura..dullard who presented nepa bill as certificate lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by AsianTotal: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
Trump for President and Carson For Vice President. islamic jiardist and bohari be Afraid, Be very Afraid. Judgement have come to Town!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Atigba: 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

I don't discuss with ignorant bleeps like u

Show me a video where trump made such assertions or

Show me one thing Obama has done for the black race

Obama is funding terrorists all over the world with US tax payer money

Look at what he did in Egypt

Look at what he is doing in Syria

He destroyed the last empire standing in Africa..Libya

The weapons he shifted to rebels in Libya proliferate into mali and north east Nigeria that took hundreds of thousands lifes and destroyed billions of properties

TRUMP IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN KICK THIS BAST'ARD OUT OF WHITE HOUSE

trump has done more for Africa America than Obama and that beac'h Hilary combined

Trump employed thousands of blacks in America and he is going to do more for Africa American

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Walexsammy(m): 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

can u pls tell me one tin this man has said about blacks that is not true?

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by chumakk: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
It is hard for Trump not to be president

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ben carson is clueless when it comes to politics. I wish Bernie will win. #bernie sanders
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by chacoonder(m): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ben Carson is the most stupiid black in U.S...I can say that a thousand times

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by stevecantrell: 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ben Carson didn't want to go quietly into the night...so he created some controversy on the way out.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by ednut1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Third world war loading, trump vs putin
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by pwettiejay(f): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
I hope this Trump guy dsnt win o, that's trouble for Africa

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Begonia(m): 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lol @ "cerebral side".
Can't believe this.
This is a man I've admired since I read 'Gifted Hands' at 8 years.
It's disappointing.

I'm surprised to see comments in support of Trump on a Nigerian forum. I think that's even more disappointing.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by ifyan(m): 10:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Are we sure this is not a tactical and calculated move by Carson.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by tpiah11: 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 12, 2016
stevecantrell:
Ben Carson didn't want to go quietly into the night...so he created some controversy on the way out.
hey
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by stevecantrell: 12:43am On Mar 12, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
hey
Yo !
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 12, 2016
stevecantrell:

Yo !
by our checklist, why u not in bed?
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival by stevecantrell: 12:51am On Mar 12, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
by our checklist, why u not in bed?

Friday night insomnia...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Nnamdi Kanu Start Radio Biafra After Buhari’s Victory? PICTURES. / No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States / Breaking!!! Corruption: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Former President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.