Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (60257 Views)

Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
jidobaba:

Would you recommend the MRS 5w40 oil over expensive mobil 1/Castrol 5w30?
In an 06/07 Corolla

Neither. Your car uses 5w20
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
wandeay:
Is it safe to run my engine with Mobil oil 20W50? as I couldn't get synthetic oil in my area at the moment.

2007 Lexus GS350 AWD

No. Your car doesn't REQUIRE synthetic. Just get regular 5w30
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 12:13am On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:
Would you recommend the MRS 5w40 oil over expensive mobil 1/Castrol 5w30? In an 06/07 Corolla
yes, I use the MRS 5W40 in my 05 and 06 Toyota Corolla
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jidobaba(m): 4:13am On Jun 02, 2020
radautoworks:

Neither. Your car uses 5w20
Thanks. I have only used Mobil 1/5w30 as that is what is written on the cap. Had to drain and refill prematurely so I want a much cheaper option even if another oil grade. High mileage engine.
If the engine will take, I want to change to a local oil.
@nurey, is the MRS oil full synthetic ? Also what is this sleeve filter that you use?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 5:17am On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:
Thanks. I have only used Mobil 1/5w30 as that is what is written on the cap. Had to drain and refill prematurely so I want a much cheaper option even if another oil grade. High mileage engine.
@nurey, is the MRS oil full synthetic ? Also what is this sleeve filter that you use?
as long as you are using 5w30 you'll be fine. Conventional is way cheaper than synthetic

This is only $27.89 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nymphomaniac(m): 5:17am On Jun 02, 2020
Hi radautoworks, you are doing well.

Please, what engine oil will you recommend for a Hyundai Accent O8 model with 1.6ltr engine? What transmission fluid as well? I was thinking Mobil SAE-30

PS: my money go soon complete so I’ll drive down to your shop and greet you with malt while they work on my car. The temperature light keeps showing on the odometer. Nothing overheats for now though

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 5:20am On Jun 02, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Hi radautoworks, you are doing well.

Please, what engine oil will you recommend for a Hyundai Accent O8 model with 1.6ltr engine? What transmission fluid as well? I was thinking Mobil SAE-30

PS: my money go soon complete so I’ll drive down to your shop and greet you with malt while they work on my car. The temperature light keeps showing on the odometer. Nothing overheats for now though

I salute you.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=IDM&partNumber=30102-052A $11.05 each

Full specs below. Let me know if you still have any questions.

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nymphomaniac(m): 5:24am On Jun 02, 2020
radautoworks:

I salute you.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=IDM&partNumber=30102-052A $11.05 each

Full specs below. Let me know if you still have any questions.
you will definitely make heaven. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 5:49am On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:

The MRS is full synthetic I have been using it for 7years plus on several vehicles and no complaint. I don't understand sleeve filter is it a brand of oil filter or what? But when changing engine oil, you are required to replace the oil filter too.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jidobaba(m): 7:29am On Jun 02, 2020
nurey:

The MRS is full synthetic I have been using it for 7years plus on several vehicles and no complaint. I don't understand sleeve filter is it a brand of oil filter or what? But when changing engine oil, you are required to replace the oil filter too.
Fleece oil filter. cc weyreypey
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:

Why?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2020
Please what's your indept opinion on this Mobile Nigeria variant of 5w-30? What are the pros and cons?. And what is the implication of using it as recommended, but on over 10/15 years old engines?

radautoworks , nurey , gazzuzz , heavenlybang,

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jidobaba(m): 9:52am On Jun 02, 2020
radautoworks:

Why?
I am also curious. Honestly, anything to save costs.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:
Never heard of it, never used it, don't know about it.
Buy a quality oil filter from reputable shop and use. Fiendi

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 10:48am On Jun 02, 2020
dgitrader:
Please what's your indept opinion on this Mobile Nigeria variant of 5w-30? What are the pros and cons?. And what is the implication of using it as recommended, but on over 10/15 years old engines?

That is not the Nigerian Mobil, Nigerian own has green cover, this one is black and seems to come from new-zealand.

It is semi synthetic and I have never used it before. cc sooperrescue

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2020
nurey:

That is not the Nigerian Mobil, Nigerian own has green cover, this one is black and seems to come from new-zealand.

Your are right it's black cover, but it's really Nigeria produced and I think it's less than a year in the market, the promo was last year and it still sells for about 5,400. I used it twice now on Naija used 2009 accord i4, and there was remarkable improvement in engine silence and fuel economy. The engine exhaust now releases steams upon morning startup. The previous owner was using 20w-40. I took the risk and still observing if any implications.

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jidobaba(m): 11:23am On Jun 02, 2020
nurey:

Never heard of it, never used it, don't know about it.

Buy a quality oil filter from reputable shop and use. Fiendi
Many thanks.

dgitrader:

Your are right it's black cover, but it's really Nigeria produced and I think it's less than a year in the market, the promo was last year and it still sells for about 5,400. I used it twice now on Naija used 2009 accord i4, and there was remarkable improvement in engine silence and fuel economy. The engine exhaust now releases steams upon morning startup. The previous owner was using 20w-40. I took the risk and still observing if any implications.
Interesting find. How long was your oil change interval? Where in Lagos did you buy this please?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by thebigkendo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
dgitrader:

Naim I dey use for my motor now.. Bye bye to American oil grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by thebigkendo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:

Many thanks.

Interesting find. How long was your oil change interval? Where in Lagos did you buy this please?

It's available at mobil filling stations, I do 3months or 3k miles.. Which ever comes first

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
jidobaba:

Many thanks.

4 months/less than 3000km
Any mobile station
And no oil shortage observed so far
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
dgitrader:

Should be fine if it's 5w30. Says semi synthetic but I would change every 3 months/3,000 miles like conventional being this is Naija...

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
thebigkendo:

It's available at mobil filling stations, I do 3months or 3k miles.. Which ever comes first

Perfect. Hopefully more grades start coming out.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
radautoworks:

Should be fine if it's 5w30. Says semi synthetic but I would change every 3 months/3,000 miles like conventional being this is Naija...

Thanks.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Slickleo: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good day all I have successfully purchase 2009 Honda Civic Asian spec with 134595km. kindly assist me with advice, the previous owner uses Mobil xhp 20w50, can I switch to 5w30 fully synthetic or d made in Nigeria Mobil 5w30. Thanks

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Praxtech: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
nurey:

Just say you don't know. Kapish
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Praxtech:

Just say you don't know. Kapish

Ekiti lecturer how far? be like your ban just expire, this one wey you dey do cho Cho cho all over the place like fowl wey hunger catch grin
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Praxtech: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
nurey:

Ekiti lecturer how far? be like your ban just expire, this one wey you dey do cho Cho cho all over the place like fowl wey hunger catch grin
Mtcheeeeew
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sooperrescue(m): 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
nurey:

My guy, thanks. The oil is a synthetic blend. I have seen the oil in the stations. I will comment after the curfew. We must obey the law. But who dare to ban Praxtech, my assessment officer?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Conductor261: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2020
sooperrescue:

My guy, thanks. The oil is a synthetic blend. I have seen the oil in the stations. I will comment after the curfew. We must obey the law. But who dare to ban Praxtech, my assessment officer?
NUREY

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2020
Conductor261:

NUREY

Nurey is a mod now?

grin

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by pstfrancis(m): 7:53am On Jun 07, 2020
What type of engine oil will be the best for Pontiac Vibe 2007?

Thanks
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Conductor261: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2020
radautoworks:

Nurey is a mod now?

grin
Yes. He got it through backdoor

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / China Unveils Luxury Motorhome With A Second Storey And An Elevator (Photos) / Innoson Unveils New Shuttle Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.