Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira (63527 Views)

After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / *Building A 6 Bedroom Executive Duplex In A 340sqm Land -Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by NwaAdazi: 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
something like this? . . . . . . . Check the signature
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Aside from the land (assuming the land is already available), 6.5 million naira can't build beyond a manageable home.. It can only manage an average quality or low quality duplex with 2 rooms, soak away not inclusive..

Ok, I hear you. But it is not everybody that employs engineers. Many of who will still make the type of fake buildings that are collapsing day in, day out after the overbloated estimates.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

NO. 6.5 million naira will struggle to build a 3 bedroom bungalow with average finishing.
I disagree. It depends on location.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Cost of building a house doesn't vary much between regions except where the soil type is bad. It is only cost of land that varies much. A bag of cement sells for almost same price everywhere and so does steel, roofing sheets and so on. Location has got little effect on cost of building the actual house except where you have to but land.

I see...
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
I disagree. It depends on location.

What has location got to do with cost of building a house when you are not buying land?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
all the people writing in this platform are tenant,bro it will go a reasonable stage.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ProElite: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

NO. 6.5 million naira will struggle to build a 3 bedroom bungalow with average finishing.
Expecially now that even the woman who picks Orange for free to sell[color=#006600][/color], complains About Dollar rise

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by 4nobody4every1: 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Ultimately it depends on the size. Is it a 100 square feet 6 bed duplex or a 10,000 square feet 6 bed duplex? Is it Banana Island or in Jesu Wanibe village?

In any case unless you are building the most rudimentary and basic structure with subpar finishing then I don't think N6.5m will do it.

What it will do however is guarantee a swift beginning and this will help motivate you.

+++++++++++++

Here's an example of a personal residence being built by one of the topmost eminent builders on here, Spyder880

According to him "The new total amount for building this house till the roofing is completed is N7,255,991.00 " see pic of the stage.

Note: This is a personal home of an accomplished builder who knows all the ways to cut costs as a business entity. Personally I would add at least N2m for a house being commissioned for someone else.
Well said, the way they throw figures on here baffles me, 6.5 million Naira to build a 6 bedroom duplex?..Ok na, make l dey look dem like lukman, besides, the bold in your comment got me laughing, which one be Jesu Wanibe village grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

What has location got to do with cost of building a house when you are not buying land?
I mean Bungalow. Cost of Labour differs
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Amajerry83(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
It can't even build a dungalow. U need from 30 million to do that. Better u build a 32 bedroom with it. I built a 4 bedroom bungalow with over 25 million. It also depends on the standard of the house and the size. There is no way 6.5million can build a duplex. No matter how u manage it or how substandard the materials may be.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by SycophanticGoat: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

Ok, I hear you. But it is not everybody that employs engineers. Many of who will still make the type of fake buildings that are collapsing day in, day out after the overbloated estimates.

I don't think so. It's only foolish Engineers that'll mess up like that. An Engineer that knows his worth will not erect the same kind of building he erected in a waterlogged area on a dry land. An Engineer (civil) that knows his worth will take note of the soil texture before embarking on the building. An Engineer (civil) that knows his worth will treat a bad soil before building in order to avoid collapse. A civil Engineer that knows his worth will ensure he carries out structural analysis before building, will ensure all the materials are of top quality, will ensure that blocks are made to standard (25 per cement bag), will ensure that the decking won't leak, neither will the soak away leak. Most importantly an engineer will ensure that his foundation is very solid and will carry the building for as long as possible.. I repeat, only a foolish engineer will cut corners when it comes to building..

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by hizaya61(m): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
With plank or red sand ?
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by udumosam23(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

I hope you know bits from the roofing level that a house starts gulping money.

That was why I said to roofing level. The money will exhaust at roofing. He'll need a little more for plastering, and interior designs.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
I mean Bungalow. Cost of Labour differs

What percentage of total cost is labour and mind you the variation is not that much except you want to use mediocres.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by victorD3: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
No!!! no matter the site and location it's a big No!

Well I'm a Civil Engineer with 11 yrs on the job experience and I'm a member of the Nigerian society of engineers and also a COREN register engineer.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

This is so funny that it made a crowded place look like a graveyard... undecided
This isnt a poultry. So you re not supposed to be here.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by So4baba(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
I advice the OP to seek his information somewhere more reliable, I wonder how kids who haven't save #100k in their lives will say #6.5m cnt build more than a 2 bedroom, why nt use #100m in building a room and parlour... Nonsense,,

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by wristbangle: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmmm if u want a solid building anywhere in Nigeria for 6 bedroom duplex and good finishing, please I am begging u, budget N15million at least.

If u want inferior material building, budget that 6.5million

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by mapet: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Soreza:
NO GO REPEAT LEKKI GARDEN O.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by darlingtonNYIG(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
6.5m will do from foundation to parapet only, which might even exceed if your parlour isn't void and the rooms are above 14 by 12feets.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by doskie(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
ikmtools:
House pls I need strategies to start and finish a portable 6 bedroom duplex with 6.5m.
pls drop ur contributions here.
in the village yeah it should.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by hokafor(m): 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
Bro, you will only use that for the DPC.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ochallo: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yes of course, if the land is free and Richard Nyoung builds it for u.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sard(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
comradeodunze:
Seun and his goons can do better! Sooner than later nairaland will be somewhere no one will remember.
I have to agree with you because this forum is gradually losing its relevance. The only issue is that there is currently no viable alternative that has enough Nigerian 'flavor'.
EgunMogaji:

In addition, there are even more worthy threads full o information that can be used to grace frontage, such as https://www.nairaland.com/2712462/making-low-budget-5-bedroom
For anyone interested in building in Nigeria, that thread is a required reading.
Thanks for that link, I really need a thread like that at this moment.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by jeyselassie(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ive learnt a lot from this thread. Some said its possible some said only in the village some said its impossible some said only foundation butt they are all right because they see it from their own perspective. But go fro the possible ones
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by jeyselassie(m): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
victorD3:
No!!! no matter the site and location it's a big No!

Well I'm a Civil Engineer with 11 yrs on the job experience and I'm a member of the Nigerian society of engineers and also a COREN register engineer.
u don start again

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Amajerry83:
It can't even build a dungalow. U need from 30 million to do that. Better u build a 32 bedroom with it. I built a 4 bedroom bungalow with over 25 million. It also depends on the standard of the house and the size. There is no way 6.5million can build a duplex. No matter how u manage it or how substandard the materials may be.
If you are a builder, you are a thief and if you owned the house, you were SCAMMED!

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by saintgwizard(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
No! Not even a 3bedroom bungalow with good finishing. To achieve that, budget nothing less than 15million

Goodluck
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by kolima1067(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Only on one condition. If its bamboo u'll use all thru
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by xcllaxix(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

This is so funny that it made a crowded place look like a graveyard... undecided
Danm!!..u got no joy,Bro..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

What percentage of total cost is labour and mind you the variation is not that much except you want to use mediocres.
bros, even at that, 7million will give you a nicely finished 4 bedroom bungalow and if we add taste and other luxuries, 10-11 million will do. You guys should stop misleading people.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by maursatt: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
No that amount will not suffice for what you are describing, you will need nothing less than 12 to 13or more millions to put it to a manageable level. Here is a picture of the a four bedroom I just finished this month with almost 8 million it costed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much Is Your House Rent / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.