Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira (63784 Views)

After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / *Building A 6 Bedroom Executive Duplex In A 340sqm Land -Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Dieumerci(m): 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

What has location got to do with cost of building a house when you are not buying land?
Sir,
Pls find out the cost of labour (masonry) in ipaja lagos and compare it to lekki and portharcourt.

Find out the cost of delivering a 30 tons granite to Ibara Abeokuta and compare it to delivering same to Ajah lagos or better still Onitsha.

Find out the cost of hardwood in Benin Edo state and compare it to lagos.

Do these and you'll have more answers to your question.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by chucks231(m): 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
somewhere close to sambisa forest a nice 9bedroom duplex with modern facilities and with a basketball court, rugby pitch, and soccer pitch for just 300k, come with cash. u still get enuf change from d 6.5mill use am buy private jet
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
agarawu23:
blv that guy at your own risk grin
Believe fire. The dude does not know we have a school here on nairaland where we learn from the best of the best hands like spyder88 and skimanki et al. Do you see many uncompleted buildings around? Part of the cause could be from someone like the dude who hike prices and by the time owners realise it, money done finish for bank and crisis from other angles might have set in to further spoil things. humans?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by rossi5(f): 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Talking about building a duplex with 6.5m, the first question that will come to ones mind is which location? I will say yes if you are building it in a remote location up-country. If in a place where a plot of land goes for 20k, trip of sand goes for 4k and with cheap labour like N300per day, trust me it can and I mean it with prove. However, if its in the city of Lagos or abuja where N6.5m can not afford a plot of land, then this topic is dead on arrival. You may need to tell the house you planed location for more candid opinion.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by segcymoor(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Wonder shall never end grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
agarawu23:
[s][/s] marbles and granite are different from tiles.

Don't change or twist your previous post.
You said tiles and we all know tiles aren't the same with marbles.

Are you dyslexic?

There are various types of tiles;

Granite tiles
Marble tiles
Wooden tiles
Ceramic tiles
PVC tiles
Stone tiles
Etc.

What are you on about?
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Spot on and true, l dont fancy duplex, well, maybe it boils down to individual differences and choice cool

For sure, personal taste is supreme.

But we should use the current Lekki Gardens disaster as an example where one cannot cut absolutely any corner when doing an elevated decking and this costs money.

Soup wey sweet, na money cook am grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by 4nobody4every1: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

For sure, personal taste is supreme.

But we should use the current Lekki Gardens disaster as an example where one cannot cut absolutely any corner when doing an elevated decking and this costs money.

Soup wey sweet, na money cook am grin
True
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
Believe fire. The dude does not know we have a school here on nairaland where we learn from the best of the best hands like spyder88 and skimanki et al. Do you see many uncompleted buildings around? Part of the cause could be from someone like the dude who hike prices and by the time owners realise it, money done finish for bank and crisis from other angles might have set in to further spoil things. humans?

On the other hand with the Omo Onile issue in certain sectors, even if one is not quite ready to build, the advice is to secure the land with fence, gate and foundation.

Never leave bare land alone.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
lol

I will commit suicide if that tiles worth 3.8m and I don't care where it was imported from. grin

Nobody can even scare me with cost of building cos I can happily park in to my uncompleted building in as much it has been roofed and doors are present.

If I get 10k today I plaster small grin till I finish it to my taste.

It will surprise U that majority of houses we see weren't tastefully finished before packing in o.
If you have stable income and you want to escape landlord palava, u can live your uncompleted building.

A lot of ppl who are hoping to come and learn here will be scared to build when people are telling the op 6.5m can't build him bungalow while tiles of a small sitting room cost 3.8m excluding labour angry

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by bummyla(m): 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yes! It Is Possible! My Friend Has Spent N3.5 million on His 4 Bedroom Bungalow At Lakwe, Lekkie Phase 2. And the house is almost completed, saved for the toilets, bath tubes and suck-away. http://www.bummyla.com It is possible.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ikmtools: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
am building it in my villa at Anambra state o. Not in Lagos.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
agarawu23:
lol

I will commit suicide if that tiles worth 3.8m and I don't care where it was imported from. grin

Nobody can even scare me with cost of building cos I can happily park in to my uncompleted building in as much it has been roofed and doors are present.

If I get 10k today I plaster small grin till I finish it to my taste.

It will surprise U that majority of houses we see weren't tastefully finished before packing in o.
If you have stable income and you want to escape landlord palava, u can live your uncompleted building.

A lot of ppl who are hoping to come and learn here will be scared to build when people are telling the op 6.5m can't build him bungalow while tiles of a small sitting room cost 3.8m excluding labour angry
There was a time I was hoping to hit a threshold on some deals. I told myself that I would start asking questions about building. I and learned a lot from it. The only thing that will make most houses too high is the inclusion of parapet.

Bros, Foundation. 1.5, walls another 1.5-2m, roofing say 2-2.5 without parapet ooo, plastering , plainting, wiring, plumbing... Give me 25 million wey dem dey quote I go build the house and buy a nice car with the change
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dieumerci:

Sir,
Pls find out the cost of labour (masonry) in ipaja lagos and compare it to lekki and portharcourt.

Find out the cost of delivering a 30 tons granite to Ibara Abeokuta and compare it to delivering same to Ajah lagos or better still Onitsha.

Don't give me that cost of labour crap. If your project is ongoing daily, you can bring in labour from wherever you want as long as you provide them accommodation either on site or off site.

While comparing the cost of hardwood in Benin to Lagos, also compare the cost of toilet and bathroom fittings as well as tiles and plumbing materials between he two cities.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Are you dyslexic?

There are various types of tiles;

Granite tiles
Marble tiles
Wooden tiles
Ceramic tiles
PVC tiles
Stone tiles
Etc.

What are you on about?
tiles https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tile

Marble https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble

Granite https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granite
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by excellentmomma(f): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Go to this thread to read all about it https://www.nairaland.com/2712462/making-low-budget-5-bedroom

But if I may ask, why a duplex? The foundation pillars and decking of a duplex is expensive. A sprawling bungalow on two plots is ideal for Nigeria. IMHO.

I don't like bungalows

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
agarawu23:
baba

I will rada use marbles than to spend 3.8m on tiles for this small parlor.

Chey nah you wan stay ni grin grin, if you like use bamboo, nah your own to carry go grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ikmtools: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2016
pls I am building this 6 bedroom in my villa. l have land already
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Okpabana: 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Well, it depends on the materials you intend to uses. If you are using mud for the walls and Palm fronds for the roofing sheet and bamboo for the woods, Then, it's ok. >: angry grin angry grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dieumerci:

Sir,

Guy leave this location of labour cost thing,Im building in PH, the vast labour force came from my town in Delta,however I just realize the labour in PH is cheaper than Sapele,a town.
ie I portion of excavation of foundation ( 1 mtr deep,0.5 mtr wide and 1 mtr long in PH was N500 while in sapele and warri it was N700.
The cost of building materials are almost same.The primary material for building is cement and its N1500 to site as at today %99 of site in Nigeria.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Dieumerci(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Don't give me that cost of labour crap. If your project is ongoing daily, you can bring in labour from wherever you want as long as you provide them accommodation either on site or off site.

While comparing the cost of hardwood in Benin to Lagos, also compare the cost of toilet and bathroom fittings as well as tiles and plumbing materials between he two cities.
Bring labour from wherever and provide accommodation? And that won't have any effect on the cost.

You said that location has nothing to do with costs of building and you are asking me to compare prices btw Benin and Lagos.

Oga, abeg dey well.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by erico2k2(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by onunwa21(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
6.5 can build 6 bedroom bungalow....It all depends on you nd ur taste.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Dieumerci(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

You said that location has nothing to do with the cost of building and you are asking me to compare prices btw Benin and Lagos.

Oga, abeg dey well joor.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
excellentmomma:

I don't like bungalows

Excellent.

Enjoy.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Dieumerci(m): 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
erico2k2:

Guy leave this location of labour cost thing,Im building in PH, the vast labour force came from my town in Delta,however I just realize the labour in PH is cheaper than Sapele,a town.
ie I portion of excavation of foundation ( 1 mtr deep,0.5 mtr wide and 1 mtr long in PH was N500 while in sapele and warri it was N700.
The cost of building materials are almost same.The primary material for building is cement and its N1500 to site as at today %99 of site in Nigeria.
Oga I know you well and I know that you have a good understanding that building a house goes beyond buying cement.
Besides you are buying cement at N1500 while I took delivery to site of same cement at N1350.

In Naija, location of your building will go a long way to determine the final cost of your building. I don't know about UK.

In Badagry, Ijanikin, Agbara and environs, good masons would take N2500 a day and set 120 blocks or more.

Sir, how much do you pay.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I don't have experience in building but based on info from my Civil Engr friend, this your money can't build beyond a 2 bedroom bungalow, painting and other finishing not inclusive.. Except you want to cut corners and build a house that will collapse on the bricklayers and other people building the house.
Your friend is not right

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ikmtools: 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
stevLegend:
It's all about strategies & logic. 6.5m is & @ desame time, not a big amount. But with a gud contractor, hardworkin labourers, & devoted hands, it can build u somtin gud. Provided u already have d land. I built to this extent with 7.3m so far.
SteveLegend thanks so much. I want to build this bedroom duplex in my village. I want to buy all the materials by myself and I ll buy everything I need in quantity like cement I ll order a 600 bag full trailer from dangote cement. I just need more strategies. This must work out.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by SycophanticGoat: 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Your friend is not right

I guess it's cuz he'd attach his personal charges to it..
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I guess it's cuz he'd attach his personal charges to it..
OK. But oboy, did your moniker wan take style compete with my own o!
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by SycophanticGoat: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
stevLegend:
It's all about strategies & logic. 6.5m is & @ desame time, not a big amount. But with a gud contractor, hardworkin labourers, & devoted hands, it can build u somtin gud. Provided u already have d land. I built to this extent with 7.3m so far.

This is incredibly awesome... shocked shocked shocked

Do you mind me asking, what quantity of blocks was made pa bag of cement? I want to compare with what my friend told me.. Thanks so much...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project / Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.