Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira (63691 Views)

After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / *Building A 6 Bedroom Executive Duplex In A 340sqm Land -Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by MWTH(m): 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yes it can. However you must explore the use of some sorts of free labour & materials.
First, you must consider the type of soil you're building on. Get experts to advice you. If its a clay or water logged soil, then exit using that amount.
If not, then follow my approach.

Get the following experts to give you these things for free.
1. A "portable" architectural design
2. A structural design
3. A mechanical design
4. An electrical ddesign

Once all these things are ready, find a QS to help you come up with the Actual Material & Labour cost.

Then, get a good Building or Civil Engineer to help out in the supervision.
Buy all the materials & pay all the labourers yourself.

That's all you need.
Check my Facebook page. Buildyourdreamhouseng

Cheers
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by SycophanticGoat: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

OK. But oboy, did your moniker wan take style compete with my own o!

LoL! Omo, na God... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by stanley000: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
lwkmd,I don dey read from pg 1 n my belle wan bust...bro ur foundation alone go almost finish 6.5nuts talkless of finishing
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by nairamaniac: 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
rossi5:
Talking about building a duplex with 6.5m, the first question that will come to ones mind is which location? I will say yes if you are building it in a remote location up-country. If in a place where a plot of land goes for 20k, trip of sand goes for 4k and with cheap labour like N300per day, trust me it can and I mean it with prove. However, if its in the city of Lagos or abuja where N6.5m can not afford a plot of land, then this topic is dead on arrival. You may need to tell the house you planed location for more candid opinion.
madam. no one talked about cost of land here o.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Goridoe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
tellwisdom:
[size=14pt]Yes it can build a beer parlour sad...How many toilet you wan put??[/size]

certified werey leleyi... 100% grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by vikendios(m): 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
I will give you a professional advice.
It depends on 1. The location and 2. The dimension and design of the building structure.

But for an on-the-spot answer, I will say NO; it DEFINITELY CAN NOT.

ALTHOGH, I will advice you get a Quantity Surveyor to do the costing for you to the least of cost of labour and material inputs. It won't put a big hole in your wallet an you'll be rest assured of what you are doing; even if you want to take it in stages.

Thank me later.

Arc. V
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by stevLegend: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

This is incredibly awesome... shocked shocked shocked

Do you mind me asking, what quantity of blocks was made pa bag of cement? I want to compare with what my friend told me.. Thanks so much...

I didn't mould. I bought strong & durable blocks from a reliable Block Industry.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Onix01: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Congratulations for working so hard in saving such kind of money to build a home. I've read loads of advice in here but felt while some were hitting the nail on the head others are setting a huge trap for. From all indication, you've got taste for quality and elegant things which inspired you to go for a duplex. A cost breakdown for such 6-bed duplex request is as follows:
Strip foundation: 2.1mil
Entire blockwork: Estimated 8,000 Blocks @ 135 @ the minimum per block.
All building concrete R/F including lintel, Staircase, Slabs, pillars, beams(both conceal and ext beams) : 1.8m.
Cost of laying blockwork: 320,000 @ 40per block.
Roofing members with workmanship will cost a minimum of 450k
Cost of roofing sheets particularly the most durable stone coated sheets currently recommended for tropical region: 2,200/Sm. You need a minimum of 450sqm at 5m kingpost.
Cost of plastering by wall partitions. And the list is endless. At this point, I'm afraid the said amount might just go less than half way into the project.
Advice: Go for a 4-5 br bungalow with pent-house and you'll equally have a duplex feeling. This is beyond class-room mathematics. It's construction practice. Please do not cut corners so as not to regret at your decision. Best of Luck.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by stevLegend: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
ikmtools:

SteveLegend thanks so much. I want to build this bedroom duplex in my village. I want to buy all the materials by myself and I ll buy everything I need in quantity like cement I ll order a 600 bag full trailer from dangote cement. I just need more strategies. This must work out.

In ur village, The expenses won't be much.
1st, calculate the numbers of bags of cement needed,then subtract. Same goes to the iron//rods, chippings, and sand. But if ur village has good sharp sand, it will reduce cost. Same goes to the soil for plastering. Then, with a good engineer, u can get hardworkin guys frm ur villa who would b willing to work for lesser payments. Why the women dia can supply water frm nearby streams/rivers if available.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
So4baba:

Was what yu saw in the pix an Italian marble?

Do you need an ophthalmologist?
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Seamareggae(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
maursatt:
No that amount will not suffice for what you are describing, you will need nothing less than 12 to 13or more millions to put it to a manageable level. Here is a picture of the a four bedroom I just finished this month with almost 8 million it costed.
Nice update.. I guess this would surely help the op...
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by benjobo: 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
Make you na bring the money come na...I will go sambisa forest 2 buy land
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by OkunrinMeta: 11:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
koastar:

You kept on mentioning other people's achievements without yours, my brother, you are the one that need more of the hustling

I agree I need to hustle 3 times as much but it doesn't change the point
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
MWTH:
Yes it can. However you must explore the use of some sorts of free labour & materials.
First, you must consider the type of soil you're building on. Get experts to advice you. If its a clay or water logged soil, then exit using that amount.
If not, then follow my approach.

Get the following experts to give you these things for free.
1. A "portable" architectural design
2. A structural design
3. A mechanical design
4. An electrical ddesign

Once all these things are ready, find a QS to help you come up with the Actual Material & Labour cost.

Then, get a good Building or Civil Engineer to help out in the supervision.
Buy all the materials & pay all the labourers yourself.

That's all you need.
Check my Facebook page. Buildyourdreamhouseng

Cheers
Please op, do not go for hungry builders like this one here. They will sweet mouth you into embarking on a journey that you can't finish. All they care about is your money and before you know it, absolutely nothing will be achieved and they'll be in the run leaving you miserable. Shine your eyes and hustle for more money. 6.5mil can't finish it o, na warning I dey warn you because am into the system too.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
agarawu23:
okay
Now I get your point.
Mine is to stay cos I don't think I can live with tenants.

No tenant
No drama cheesy
this is what I mean

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by babmmanuel(m): 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Guy no think am o except u wan build beer parlor with 6 toilets hugahugahugahuga
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by class0247: 12:00am On Mar 13, 2016
God bless you and you shall live long...this is encouraging
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Lebee4(m): 12:24am On Mar 13, 2016
ThimmyWood:
Just like someone earlier posited, your location matters.

No matter his location in Nigeria, it's impossible. even in a place that have stable soil like Kaduna, u will struggle to finish a 3bedroom bungalow with manageable finish I got.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Ghf
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ogtavia(m): 12:25am On Mar 13, 2016
how large is ur proposed building...in the long run.. 6.5m might nt get u dere..but depending on certain factors...u wnt be too far..
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Mbediogu(m): 1:19am On Mar 13, 2016
No but it is better to start NOW and spread it over time. Give it time, say five years depending on your income and other commitments. Do not compromise on the structurals. Baskets and pillars and aggregates must be right. Guard against fraud and charlatan workers. Good luck. I learnt a lot during my time.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by SycophanticGoat: 4:25am On Mar 13, 2016
stevLegend:

I didn't mould. I bought strong & durable blocks from a reliable Block Industry.

I hope you don't mind me following you and asking you questions from time to time? Thank you..
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by SycophanticGoat: 4:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Do you know how much this kitchen alone cost?

This one is for senators, Dangotes and Otedolas na. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We're talking of what an ordinary man can dream of and not a paradise sir... cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Junior66(m): 5:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Cost of building a house doesn't vary much between regions except where the soil type is bad. It is only cost of land that varies much. A bag of cement sells for almost same price everywhere and so does steel, roofing sheets and so on. Location has got little effect on cost of building the actual house except where you have to buy land.
cost of labour nko?
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Bsc(m): 5:46am On Mar 13, 2016
My friend used 8million from start to finish... U can economically build a house.. Is possible all depends on location
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by deebrain(m): 6:06am On Mar 13, 2016
In areas where the land is cheap and you are buying the building items from that environment-possible.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ikmtools: 6:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Thanks to everyone who has contributed postively.
What I need are strategies like I have to mould all the blocks, pay all the labourers myself and buy things in quantity. I am building in a village, so it must work out.
I ll b starting next week and I will b posting all the expenses and all the steps I have taken one by one. 6.5m must build this duplex.
please I need more advice on the way to go
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ikmtools: 6:29am On Mar 13, 2016
donvicky2007:
OP u need to state you location,cox amount depends on your location. Some places like Lagos,Ph,Warri,bayelsa. N6.5M cannot even do german floor cox of the topography of the areas which are swampy in nature.

But places like North,some part of East,west etc such amount can build a 6 bedroom duplex but u need a contractor who is not wasteful of materia and doesnt charge high fees as his workmanship.
Donvicky thanks so much. I'm building in my village in Anambra. so throw more light on how I will spend this money building 6 bedroom duplex cos am starting next week.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 6:50am On Mar 13, 2016
erico2k2:

chey U see the tiles wey be N16k for one?
I no drag am grin

Oya let's accept one is 16k so do the calculation shocked

The Guy's sitting room is marbles not tiles but still 3.8m too much.

Kilode
Na government house ni cheesy
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by chuberg(m): 6:50am On Mar 13, 2016
ikmtools:
House pls I need strategies to start and finish a portable 6 bedroom duplex with 6.5m.
pls drop ur contributions here.

It can build it to roof skeleton
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 6:51am On Mar 13, 2016
erico2k2:

Chey nah you wan stay ni grin grin, if you like use bamboo, nah your own to carry go grin grin grin grin
I go use bamboo o

Shebi na me go sleep there na cheesy
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 6:52am On Mar 13, 2016
I888:
There was a time I was hoping to hit a threshold on some deals. I told myself that I would start asking questions about building. I and learned a lot from it. The only thing that will make most houses too high is the inclusion of parapet.

Bros, Foundation. 1.5, walls another 1.5-2m, roofing say 2-2.5 without parapet ooo, plastering , plainting, wiring, plumbing... Give me 25 million wey dem dey quote I go build the house and buy a nice car with the change
I wonder o

Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Much Is Your House Rent / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.