Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira (63529 Views)

After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / *Building A 6 Bedroom Executive Duplex In A 340sqm Land -Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ChikezieU(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
ikmtools:
House pls I need strategies to start and finish a portable 6 bedroom duplex with 6.5m.
pls drop ur contributions here.
impossible, better go 3bedroom bungalow, unless you have complete materials
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Walexsammy(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
sukkot:
yes in aba
Pending the area in Aba
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by makavele: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
bros, even at that, 7million will give you a nicely finished 4 bedroom bungalow and if we add taste and other luxuries, 10-11 million will do. You guys should stop misleading people.

All of una go just dey call millions anyhow

7 million, 11 million

25 million . . .

Do you know what 7 million naira is, physically?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by saintgwizard(m): 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
If you are a builder, you are thief and if you owned the house, you were SCAMMED!

No Sir! While one 3 bedroom bungalow can be built with say 8 million another with superior finishing, beautifully finished surrounding can go for as high as 30million. So you need to see the house in question before coming to that conclusion

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
makavele:

7 million, 11 million

25 million . . .

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
saintgwizard:

No Sir! While one 3 bedroom bungalow can be built with say 8 million another with superior finishing, beautifully finished surrounding can go for as high as 30million. So you need to see the house in question before coming to that conclusion
if you have a pic of the house, post it here and let people be the judge.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by stevLegend: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
It's all about strategies & logic. 6.5m is & @ desame time, not a big amount. But with a gud contractor, hardworkin labourers, & devoted hands, it can build u somtin gud. Provided u already have d land. I built to this extent with 7.3m so far.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Abdujapha(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
ikmtools:
House pls I need strategies to start and finish a portable 6 bedroom duplex with 6.5m.

Impossible in our present day Nigerian economy except you meant the currency isn't naira.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by makavele: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
saintgwizard:

My friend, shut up pls . .

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by bankybobo11: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
OkunrinMeta:
Ijebu man! No be only duplex, na mansion.

Ordinary 6.5 million wey my fellow tenant take buy brand new toyota!

Ordinary 6.5 million wey my pastor take buy 1 plot for ikorodu!

Hustle my brother, Hustle!

You get am for acct?

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
saintgwizard:

see what someone else has to say: https://www.nairaland.com/2985716/how-build-6-bedroom-duplex/3#43713054
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Werehkpe: 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
YES 6.5m can build a 6 bedroom duplex - if you use cardboard instead of blocks. Hissssssssss

Na wa for this Op o. If we leave am, e go use 1 bag of cement build upstair and fence.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by OBAGADAFFI: 6:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Cost of building a house doesn't vary much between regions except where the soil type is bad. It is only cost of land that varies much. A bag of cement sells for almost same price everywhere and so does steel, roofing sheets and so on. Location has got little effect on cost of building the actual house except where you have to buy land.

Cost of building vary from locations.
Considering the following factor.

1. Labour - most bricklayers and artisans charges more for Jobs on the Island than mainland.

2. Transportation- if you are buying cheaper materials from one location you need to transport them.

3. Soil. Everything buider knows that soil textures on especially on the island demands expensive foundation, some even go for Piling.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by bedspread: 6:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
My brother i think it would go a long way if ure fully involved. But at the rate of dollars i don't think you be able to complete the fittings, doors and other accessories. Anyway for cheaper labour, go for this West African French builders in lagos
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
OkunrinMeta:
Ijebu man! No be only duplex, na mansion.

Ordinary 6.5 million wey my fellow tenant take buy brand new toyota!

Ordinary 6.5 million wey my pastor take buy 1 plot for ikorodu!

Hustle my brother, Hustle!

I think you should take your own advice first!

Your fellow tenant got a brand new car for 6.5m

Your pastor got a land for same, and you?

You help spread the news!

Double your hustle bro, double it!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by mbourie(m): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I don't think so. It's only foolish Engineers that'll mess up like that. An Engineer that knows his worth will not erect the same kind of building he erected in a waterlogged area on a dry land. An Engineer (civil) that knows his worth will take note of the soil texture before embarking on the building. An Engineer (civil) that knows his worth will treat a bad soil before building in order to avoid collapse. A civil Engineer that knows his worth will ensure he carries out structural analysis before building, will ensure all the materials are of top quality, will ensure that blocks are made to standard (25 per cement bag), will ensure that the decking won't leak, neither will the soak away leak. Most importantly an engineer will ensure that his foundation is very solid and will carry the building for as long as possible.. I repeat, only a foolish engineer will cut corners when it comes to building..

Nice one....#TeamCivilEngineer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by lielbree: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
jamoscofield:
YOU DON WIN 9JA BET KO

LOL the guy Don hama
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Sunnynwa: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
I888:
bros, even at that, 7million will give you a nicely finished 4 bedroom bungalow and if we add taste and other luxuries, 10-11 million will do. You guys should stop misleading people.

Depends on what you mean by "nice finishing". 7 million can do you an average 4 bedroom bungalow but not nicely finished.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Dharnchuks(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
kennysteve77:
If you want a solid foundation, use that money for it and look for another money to build...
Na factory them wan put on top the foundation?
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by PassingShot(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
Blackcnn:
all the people writing in this platform are tenant,bro it will go a reasonable stage.
It can't go any reasonable length. Roofing a 6 bed duplex will cost between 2.5 and 3.5 million naira at the minimum depending on his design.

OP, there is no miracle that will build you a duplex to completion with N6.5m. You will need at least 13 to 15 million to get something reasonable for a duplex.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by OBAGADAFFI: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
ikmtools:

Depends on your local and the design of the building.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
So4baba:
I advice the OP to seek his information somewhere more reliable, I wonder how kids who haven't save #100k in their lives will say #6.5m cnt build more than a 2 bedroom, why nt use #100m in building a room and parlour... Nonsense,,
100 likes for u.

These set of ppl calling millions like they grow on trees don't know how much a block cost cos they have no experience.

Last month, a thread was here too when the op was asking if 3m could build him 3bedroom and I smh when ppl who don't have experience in building are mentioning millions.

Someone told us how he spent less than that to build his house and I was surprised when he tagged me on his thread to see the level of the house which was 2.5m and the house is fully plastered. Can't someone move in to a plastered house and finish it little by little while living in? https://www.nairaland.com/2956262/nairalanders-building-project-foundation-plastering

Though 6.5m can't build a duplex and I don't even know why op is aiming duplex when he can build a STANDARD 4 bedroom with it.

Not a fan of duplex anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by UIA04(f): 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
AreaFada2:
If you already have land, it can get you the carcasses of a 4-bedroom duplex. If you have an experienced builder. Average parlour & room sizes. In a small town with cheap labour. Not in Abj, Lagos, PH, Benin, Enugu, etc.

You may have to pay him commission extra.

Another 2-3 million might finish the rest to a decent (not superlative) taste.

Why 6 bedroom if your budget is 6.5m?
Do you mean carcass as in poor taste
And how much will be needed for a four bedroom duplex, in a place like asaba
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Thylord(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ralphdan:
Pay the money in2 my account and i will make sure ur house gets complicated. cool
send your account details asap.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by mbourie(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
makavele:

7 million, 11 million

25 million . . .

Makavele bone that thing....if you are into the profession, nah millions you go they yan..... you know how much dey go for site everyday? You buy materials, you pay labour.....site things they sweet because of flow of liquid cash amongst engineer, material and labour grin
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Cost of building a house doesn't vary much between regions except where the soil type is bad. It is only cost of land that varies much. A bag of cement sells for almost same price everywhere and so does steel, roofing sheets and so on. Location has got little effect on cost of building the actual house except where you have to buy land.

You are not serious with this your statement.

I am currently building in Ibadan and when I see prices that others are paying in other location I am sympathetic.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by UIA04(f): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
agarawu23:
100 likes for u.

These set of ppl calling millions like they grow on trees don't know how much a block cost cos they have no experience.

Last month, a thread was here too when the op was asking if 3m could build him 3bedroom and I smh when ppl who don't have experience in building are mentioning millions.

Someone told us how he spent less than that to build his house and I was surprised when he tagged me on his thread to see the level of the house which was 2.5m and the house is fully plastered. Can't someone move in to a plastered house and finish it little by little while living in?

Though 6.5m can't build a duplex and I don't even know why p is aiming duplex when he can build a STANDARD 4 bedroom with it.

Not a fan of duplex anyway.
Can you remember the thread I want to see the house
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by ladkud(m): 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
unless you want to use substandard material where your structure's collapse is imminent.
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by makavele: 6:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
mbourie:

Makavele bone that thing....if you are into the profession, nah millions you go they yan..... you know how much dey go for site everyday? You buy materials, you pay labour.....site things they sweet because of flow of liquid cash amongst engineer, material and labour grin

i dey suspect u guy; so u dey bloat the budget abiiii
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by agarawu23(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by I888(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Depends on what you mean by "nice finishing". 7 million can do you an average 4 bedroom bungalow but not nicely finished.
if I may ask, what are you building that would gulp over 25Million for a bungalow because that's what I was replying to from the other guy?
Re: How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira by emeka2847: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
You didn't say if land is purchased already

ikmtools:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much Is Your House Rent / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.