Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State (73753 Views)

Video Of The "Cat That Turned To A Woman In Lagos" As Claimed By A Facebook User / Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (photo+video) / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by pressplay411(m): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
When you hear Jesus bearin Okong, Ubong and Bassey! End time things! undecided

You xtian hypocrites! You condemn this man yet you blame the Jews for condemning Jesus for the same reason. You better get d red pill and open your eyes so u can be liberated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by pressplay411(m): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
When you hear Jesus bearin Okong, Ubong and Bassey! End time things! undecided
You xtian hypocrites! You condemn this man yet you blame the Jews for condemning Jesus for the same reason. You better get d red pill and open your eyes so u can be liberated.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Ishilove: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
ettaetta:
The Untold Story of Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene, EDIDEM BASSEY This is story back in time. It is a story of a man who lived like an emperor, who lived as if the world would never end but about whom very little is known. This piece attempts to amalgamate the most reliable information found on him. He proclaimed himself as Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Saviour and the Lord. While some viewed him as raving mad, his ‘madness’ attracted hordes of devoted worshippers to his territory. Soon, news spread all over and beyond Eastern Nigeria, of a strange man named Edidem Bassey, revered by his followers and branded the Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene. Today, the city of Ikot-Ekpene is located in Akwa Ibom State, a state that has the densest concentration of churches on earth. Ikot-Ekpene is regarded as the cultural and political centre of the Annangs and Ibibios and it is represented in the Nigerian Senate by a former governor of the state, Godswill Obot Akpabio Now, let’s roll back in time. When the Christian missionaries arrived Nigeria, Ikot-Ekpene was one of the first destinations. And they arrived with fire and brimstone, their goal was to convert everyone from what they regarded as African paganism to Christianity. The influence of Christianity is still very strong and visible in Ikot-Ekpene till date. However, since the native people already had their own set of traditional beliefs, what later emerged over time in some areas of Ikot-Ekpene was a blend of Christianity and African traditional religions, leading to a curious strand of syncretism that produced people like Edidem Bassey
No date, no timeline, very poor historical piece. It has added very little to the body of knowledge on this 'Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene'

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Welcomme: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
u all should check Israel happylife page on fb...He is one of his strong and foolish followers.. The guy is actually a psychopant..
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
justmenoni:
One dey mushin sef her name na malaika... Omo on the day of judgement oririsi go shele may God forgive us all of our sins oooo
Amen ..............for those that repented bah and ask for his forgiveness
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by deniboi(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
he rose again. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by AMI3(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
op, are you really such of this your story because i am from Ikot Ekpene I have not heard about this story of how he Edidem Bassey picked or picks marry members of his congregation for sex and that they do worship him. Check your fact very well i have people that stay in that compound and i have been going to that compound.

Or has he had sex with your wife before.

Where you worshiping with them before?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by UIA04(f): 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
DragonReborn:
Is it just me, or does this nigga really look like Rick Ross?? grin
What of that pompous, porky Olumba or what's his face? People still licking his ass? Nigerians sha, we'll worship anything. BTW I just farted, and you guys might want to worship the ooze a little, before it goes up on a heavenly assignment undecided
Not only Nigerians many of his kind have risen in Europe and many parts of the world.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Timijo(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
We are now in the last days when people hide under the umbrella of Christianity and God's mercy to commit evil. These are people on the broad way, the way of eternal destruction.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by akbayo(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
Christians are the most gullible people on earth, they can accept anything so far u put on GOD's umbrela.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Justycxx(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
shamecurls:
What really hurts in the first place was how Africans believed that a man in Israel died for there sins in Africa?

They probably would have believed the Buddhist or Hindus if they got to Africa first.

Logically, Its an outright scam.
Since we have huge limitations as human beings we seem to need someone perfect and without limitations who we can run to for help, now what do we do?
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Justycxx(m): 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
pressplay411:
[color=#000000][/color]You xtian hypocrites! You condemn this man yet you blame the Jews for condemning Jesus for the same reason. You better get d red pill and open your eyes so u can be liberated.
He's no where close to matching the qualities of our messiah who knew no sin of any form, type or kind. Let him replicate 10% of what jesus did and we may reconsider our judgement
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ginaz:
Why didn't he resurrected after 3 days? Mteeeewwwwww
he forgot ni..
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by 4nobody4every1: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
sad angry
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by vickylala239: 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
geoworldedu:
problems with humanity is that we would rather accept to worship the Jesus we never see but read his history than the one we saw or knew. If this Basset was the first to arrive the world in the 'Jesus Series' , he could have been the accepted Jesus to be worshipped, provided his followers propagated his belief all around the world like they did to Jesus of Nazareth and Mohammed of Medina. Till today, Judaism is not widespread because Moses's servants were careless to have allowed the Christians and Muslim's edit their story.

The truth abt Ppl Lik u is this:::1st u Dnt knw Wat to bliv::,2nd u want see things with ur eyes:3rd u wnt to Blv in d one that cn solve ur prblm instantly with or without faith..

4Th u ask so many questions::5 you open Bible Jst to look for loopholes::: u Jst wish d wrld cn Jst b without good or bad...

Wat is really hard for you is simple to others..

You are confused of Wich to worship is simple:::follow any one Dat says u shuld not do any bad thing...you and I knw Wat is bad or good:::and is very simple to knw d good things..

It is simple to knw this good n bad:::u culd b demanded to pay for their services,or kill,or any other bad thing u knw....wen u enter any place of worship ur eyes n brain will tell u Whr u r....

If u feel Muslim is telling u n also doing good...den join...if u feel Christians are doing good den join,if u feel jesu of ikot ekpene is doing good join so mny....
If u feel u cnt join any of dem n u cn do Wat is good....still okk
I hope dis ans ur question
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ettaetta(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ishilove:

No date, no timeline, very poor historical piece. It has added very little to the body of knowledge on this 'Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene'
see the date in the pictures or read the full story here http://.com/the-untold-story-of-Jesus-of-ikot-ekpene-etim-edidem-bassey/
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by yinkacruxzy: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
it is in mathew 24 so am not surprise Jesus even say many....so let us expect more jesus apart from those we have heard...endtime signs
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by winj: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Let him try it in societies like Portugal or Iceland, he will be arrested.

Only backward societies like Nigeria will allow m0r-ons trick them like this
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Totti9(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
leave am the day heaven go arrest am he go surely confess that Jesus na baba
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by IamAtribalist: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
cool He is closer to the REAL Jesus than that white man you idiots worship every Sunday. cool
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ettaetta(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
AMI3:
op, are you really such of this your story because i am from Ikot Ekpene I have not heard about this story of how he Edidem Bassey picked or picks marry members of his congregation for sex and that they do worship him. Check your fact very well i have people that stay in that compound and i have been going to that compound.

Or has he had sex with your wife before.

Where you worshiping with them before?

well am not the author of this post i only shared what i read here http://.com/the-untold-story-of-Jesus-of-ikot-ekpene-etim-edidem-bassey/
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Polomni:
lol

Hey is your data legit? Cos if it is then I'll want to go for a ride
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ismayl: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
ettaetta:
The Untold Story of Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene, EDIDEM BASSEY

This is story back in time. It is a story of a man who lived like an emperor, who lived as if the world would never end but about whom very little is known. This piece attempts to amalgamate the most reliable information found on him.

He proclaimed himself as Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Saviour and the Lord. While some viewed him as raving mad, his ‘madness’ attracted hordes of devoted worshippers to his territory. Soon, news spread all over and beyond Eastern Nigeria, of a strange man named Edidem Bassey, revered by his followers and branded the Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene.

Today, the city of Ikot-Ekpene is located in Akwa Ibom State, a state that has the densest concentration of churches on earth. Ikot-Ekpene is regarded as the cultural and political centre of the Annangs and Ibibios and it is represented in the Nigerian Senate by a former governor of the state, Godswill Obot Akpabio Now, let’s roll back in time.

When the Christian missionaries arrived Nigeria, Ikot-Ekpene was one of the first destinations. And they arrived with fire and brimstone, their goal was to convert everyone from what they regarded as African paganism to Christianity.

The influence of Christianity is still very strong and visible in Ikot-Ekpene till date. However, since the native people already had their own set of traditional beliefs, what later emerged over time in some areas of Ikot-Ekpene was a blend of Christianity and African traditional religions, leading to a curious strand of syncretism that produced people like Edidem Bassey

somany bastards like that.ther is still 1 in ibadan.called guru.they got gins(demons) which they use to cajole people.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Adamere: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
ettaetta:
The Untold Story of Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene, EDIDEM BASSEY

This is story back in time. It is a story of a man who lived like an emperor, who lived as if the world would never end but about whom very little is known. This piece attempts to amalgamate the most reliable information found on him.

He proclaimed himself as Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Saviour and the Lord. While some viewed him as raving mad, his ‘madness’ attracted hordes of devoted worshippers to his territory. Soon, news spread all over and beyond Eastern Nigeria, of a strange man named Edidem Bassey, revered by his followers and branded the Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene.

Today, the city of Ikot-Ekpene is located in Akwa Ibom State, a state that has the densest concentration of churches on earth. Ikot-Ekpene is regarded as the cultural and political centre of the Annangs and Ibibios and it is represented in the Nigerian Senate by a former governor of the state, Godswill Obot Akpabio Now, let’s roll back in time.

When the Christian missionaries arrived Nigeria, Ikot-Ekpene was one of the first destinations. And they arrived with fire and brimstone, their goal was to convert everyone from what they regarded as African paganism to Christianity.

The influence of Christianity is still very strong and visible in Ikot-Ekpene till date. However, since the native people already had their own set of traditional beliefs, what later emerged over time in some areas of Ikot-Ekpene was a blend of Christianity and African traditional religions, leading to a curious strand of syncretism that produced people like Edidem Bassey
Eye witness account. Today men will not allow a self-claimed 'jesus' to go near their wives.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by hector: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ikot ekpene the cultural and political centre of the ibibios?? whoever wrote this article is high on a concoction of concentrated weed. The ibibios can never and will never have their cultural or political headquarters in an anaang town like ikot ekpene. Anaangs are far below the ibibios in number level of education, exposure, beauty and wealth. Please be informed op. no offense

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ddeola: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Na today ! Even fake satan dey sef grin grin grin
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by whitebone(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
I will gladly volunteer to be among those that will nail this jesus to the pole ;DI will gladly volunteer to be among those that will nail this jesus to the pole
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
UIA04:

Not only Nigerians many of his kind have risen in Europe and many parts of the world.
Yeah, you're right. But those ones are mostly cults and usually, members aren't too vocal about their association with the group. I think Nigerians just need to believe in a supernatural force to help them cope with their problems, no matter how ridiculous it is.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by anangboy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Haaaa! Edidem Bassey. Stories of this man held me in awe.

Anyone who attended FGC IK between 97-03 probably knew his daughters: Matilda and Ruth. Matilda was in my class. Good Lawd! If there was ever a scale of beauty for the African woman, these girls surpassed it. At 14, Matilda already had the looks and body that will make a preacher yell gaddamnnnnn. I don't even wish to know what they look like now, their impressionable beauty filled my teenage head and brought me panting into adulthood.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by pressplay411(m): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
Justycxx:
He's no where close to matching the qualities of our messiah who knew no sin of any form, type or kind. Let him replicate 10% of what jesus did and we may reconsider our judgement

How can u tell me the qualities of Jesus? All u have is a fairy tale. Don't let's go deeper
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Chrishandsome(m): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
Na waoh..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Elijah O. Daramola Is Dead! AGO, RCCG / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Charlyn Oyakhilome Was Sharon's Chief Bridesmaid (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.