Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State (73749 Views)

Video Of The "Cat That Turned To A Woman In Lagos" As Claimed By A Facebook User / Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (photo+video) / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Weah96: 12:10am On Apr 19, 2016
successbase:
When you see all this happening, know you that the end time is nigh.

This is nothing new!! Pale men raped black babies with impunity during slavery and the end time was still far away. Allow this man to feed his family in peace.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ettaetta(m): 8:04am On Apr 23, 2016
grin
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Pharoahhhhhh: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hmm
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by geoworldedu: 8:31am On May 13, 2016
vickylala239:

The truth abt Ppl Lik u is this:::1st u Dnt knw Wat to bliv::,2nd u want see things with ur eyes:3rd u wnt to Blv in d one that cn solve ur prblm instantly with or without faith..

4Th u ask so many questions::5 you open Bible Jst to look for loopholes::: u Jst wish d wrld cn Jst b without good or bad...

Wat is really hard for you is simple to others..

You are confused of Wich to worship is simple:::follow any one Dat says u shuld not do any bad thing...you and I knw Wat is bad or good:::and is very simple to knw d good things..

It is simple to knw this good n bad:::u culd b demanded to pay for their services,or kill,or any other bad thing u knw....wen u enter any place of worship ur eyes n brain will tell u Whr u r....

If u feel Muslim is telling u n also doing good...den join...if u feel Christians are doing good den join,if u feel jesu of ikot ekpene is doing good join so mny....
If u feel u cnt join any of dem n u cn do Wat is good....still okk
I hope dis ans ur question

Yes, u are right. I have found my religion and my God who is called DOMINO REVERAD. THE DOCTRINE OF THE UFOs is here to stay.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Fineboyjay: 3:24am On Sep 29, 2017
dearsly:
I think God is so MERCIFUL!

I don't think they worship EDIDEM of a guy.....they might HONOUR him wich is different from WORSHIP!...

He seems to be the FOUNDER of the group
shocked shocked shocked

God bless you for your wisdom. The man is my biological grand father. The man in the photo with two sons is a one of his sons. He never called himself God or Jesus but people Called him that because of the miracles they saw him do,which Jesus Christ promised us that greater works will we do because he has returned to the father. Comedians joke with the name of Jesus n people laugh. The whole story is twisted.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Fineboyjay: 3:28am On Sep 29, 2017
ettaetta:
lol
God bless you for your wisdom. The man is my biological grand father. The man in the photo with two sons is a one of his sons. He never called himself God or Jesus but people Called him that because of the miracles they saw him do,which Jesus Christ promised us that greater works will we do because he has returned to the father. Comedians joke with the name of Jesus n people laugh. The whole story is twisted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Fineboyjay: 3:43am On Sep 29, 2017
The man is my biological grand father. The man in the photo with two sons is a one of his sons. He never called himself God or Jesus but people Called him that because of the miracles they saw him do,which Jesus Christ promised us that greater works will we do because he has returned to the father. Comedians joke with the name of Jesus n people laugh. The whole story is twisted. Thank God today most or your pastors own private jets. N yet u are hungry.Edidem Bassey Was only a servant of God who God used to heal n help people who became his followers. Ya'll thank God u didn't meet Jesus Christ of Nazareth u would have joined in crucifying him. Judgement is of God not man. Follow ur part,do wat u know but my advice is emancipate urself from mental slavery. Be a free thinker. Love God,believe everything good. A good man is a good man doesn't matter the number of wives u marry, King Solomon did same yet u read about him in the bible. Grow your little minds. Explore life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Velvetv2: 4:42am On Dec 18, 2019
Totti9:
leave am the day heaven go arrest am he go surely confess that Jesus na baba
[color=#770077][/color] i dont know why comment on things they know nothing about... This same man confesses christ as his personal Lord n saviour so why all this statement... Hmmmm careful
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Velvetv2: 4:45am On Dec 18, 2019
Fineboyjay:
The man is my biological grand father. The man in the photo with two sons is a one of his sons. He never called himself God or Jesus but people Called him that because of the miracles they saw him do,which Jesus Christ promised us that greater works will we do because he has returned to the father. Comedians joke with the name of Jesus n people laugh. The whole story is twisted. Thank God today most or your pastors own private jets. N yet u are hungry.Edidem Bassey Was only a servant of God who God used to heal n help people who became his followers. Ya'll thank God u didn't meet Jesus Christ of Nazareth u would have joined in crucifying him. Judgement is of God not man. Follow ur part,do wat u know but my advice is emancipate urself from mental slavery. Be a free thinker. Love God,believe everything good. A good man is a good man doesn't matter the number of wives u marry, King Solomon did same yet u read about him in the bible. Grow your little minds. Explore life.
well said cos i also know the story... May God help us all
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Velvetv2: 4:48am On Dec 18, 2019
Weah96:

This is nothing new!! Pale men raped black babies with impunity during slavery and the end time was still far away. Allow this man to feed his family in peace.
be careful of what you say
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Velvetv2: 4:51am On Dec 18, 2019
cybriz82:
Na rug d Guy tek cover him resting plc abi na shrine.see d church as e b like dat ship wey dn ruts for tin can island.jesus ko dajut ni..
small pikin close mouth small when elders dey talk
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Velvetv2: 4:52am On Dec 18, 2019
cybriz82:
Na rug d Guy tek cover him resting plc abi na shrine.see d church as e b like dat ship wey dn ruts for tin can island.jesus ko dajut ni..
be careful of what you say
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by cybriz82(m): 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
Velvetv2:
small pikin close mouth small when elders dey talk

Aburo oloshi did u just return from coma
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Ndipe(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
FAKE.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Truthchiz: 12:06am On Dec 19, 2019
This idiot died some year ago and they lied to us that he went somewhere to meet God. Chei in our days of ignorance.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Truthchiz: 12:15am On Dec 19, 2019
They say he is the comforter (holy spirit) that he came for the whole world(gentiles) ,while Jesus only came for the Jews. Can you imagine such fuckery I know this church inside out. I can write a book about them/him. God punish him in HELL! Idiot!!!
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by yimnansunny: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
ettaetta:
The Untold Story of Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene, EDIDEM BASSEY

This is story back in time. It is a story of a man who lived like an emperor, who lived as if the world would never end but about whom very little is known. This piece attempts to amalgamate the most reliable information found on him.

He proclaimed himself as Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Saviour and the Lord. While some viewed him as raving mad, his ‘madness’ attracted hordes of devoted worshippers to his territory. Soon, news spread all over and beyond Eastern Nigeria, of a strange man named Edidem Bassey, revered by his followers and branded the Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene.

Today, the city of Ikot-Ekpene is located in Akwa Ibom State, a state that has the densest concentration of churches on earth. Ikot-Ekpene is regarded as the cultural and political centre of the Annangs and Ibibios and it is represented in the Nigerian Senate by a former governor of the state, Godswill Obot Akpabio Now, let’s roll back in time.

When the Christian missionaries arrived Nigeria, Ikot-Ekpene was one of the first destinations. And they arrived with fire and brimstone, their goal was to convert everyone from what they regarded as African paganism to Christianity.

The influence of Christianity is still very strong and visible in Ikot-Ekpene till date. However, since the native people already had their own set of traditional beliefs, what later emerged over time in some areas of Ikot-Ekpene was a blend of Christianity and African traditional religions, leading to a curious strand of syncretism that produced people like Edidem Bassey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Elijah O. Daramola Is Dead! AGO, RCCG / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Charlyn Oyakhilome Was Sharon's Chief Bridesmaid (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.