Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State (73730 Views)

Video Of The "Cat That Turned To A Woman In Lagos" As Claimed By A Facebook User / Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (photo+video) / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by fortunechy(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
end time church
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Justycxx(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
pressplay411:

How can u tell me the qualities of Jesus? All u have is a fairy tale. Don't let's go deeper
let's go deeper if u feel like to. I'm not a fan of baseless religious dogma. If u can convince me i'm ready to switch. Else i'm gonna keep believing everything my bible said about Jesus cos it has never failed me over the years be it coincidence or not.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by HITTED(m): 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sickness worse than Lassa
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jesu ti mo mmo ko kin she colour blocking....... warrisdis??
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by successbase(m): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
When you see all this happening, know you that the end time is nigh.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by cybriz82(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
Na rug d Guy tek cover him resting plc abi na shrine.see d church as e b like dat ship wey dn ruts for tin can island.jesus ko dajut ni..
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by bezimo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jesus of Okpoyo.Lol!
I see.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
Bassey had Bipolar Schizophrenia!
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
hector:
Ikot ekpene the cultural and political centre of the ibibios?? whoever wrote this article is high on a concoction of concentrated weed. The ibibios can never and will never have their cultural or political headquarters in an anaang town like ikot ekpene. Anaangs are far below the ibibios in number level of education, exposure, beauty and wealth. Please be informed op. no offense
You are a slave and will always be a slave. Go serve your Efik and Oron masters. Be grateful that an Annang man brought civilization to ibibios. silly slave
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ubcandid(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
bitterswt2:
You are a slave and will always be a slave. Go serve your Efik and Oron masters. Be grateful that an Annang man brought civilization to ibibios. silly slave

Ete, I am an Ibibio from Onna LGA, there was no need for you to reply that fool. he is FOOL.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ubcandid(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
bitterswt2:

Ete, I am an Ibibio from Onna LGA, there was no need for you to reply that fool. he is a FOOL.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Ewatomi26(f): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jesus, I thank you for your patience, towards Humanity, thank you Lord...
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ginaz:
Why didn't he resurrected after 3 days? Mteeeewwwwww

And you're sure your Jesus did?
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ebyoma(f): 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hearing about this man for the first time.. No more olumba olumba..
Na wa
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Mimi4kaycee(f): 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ete bassey,wake up and stop assuming....
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Maamin(m): 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Only Jesus of Ikot Ekpene wears dark shades cool
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by hector: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
ubcandid:

Ete, I am an Ibibio from Onna LGA, there was no need for you to reply that fool. he is FOOL.

hahaha...look who is calling me a fool. You are calling Onna eket, Ibibio? look let me tell you, the fact that you can speak ibibio doesnt make you are an ibibio. Go and ask you paramount ruler and stop exposing your ignorance here.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by hector: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
bitterswt2:

You are a massive explosion of foolery and idiocy combined. Which anaang man are you talking about? Is it Akpabio, the biggest propagandist of the century...?? That thug only succeeded in giving very little with what the state was earning as at when he was governor. The Efiks are far more civilized and better than you folks. Anaang people are the most uncivilized, uncultured and illiterate people east of the Niger. You guys are so backward that I feel so ashamed with your terrible accent in port Harcourt where I live.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by demoBaba: 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
All this weed takers in Akwa Ibom, if they have take there weed like this, there is no performance they can't act.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by lollmaolol(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
ettaetta:
The Untold Story of Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene, EDIDEM BASSEY

This is story back in time. It is a story of a man who lived like an emperor, who lived as if the world would never end but about whom very little is known. This piece attempts to amalgamate the most reliable information found on him.

He proclaimed himself as Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Saviour and the Lord. While some viewed him as raving mad, his ‘madness’ attracted hordes of devoted worshippers to his territory. Soon, news spread all over and beyond Eastern Nigeria, of a strange man named Edidem Bassey, revered by his followers and branded the Jesus of Ikot-Ekpene
The influence of Christianity is still very strong and visible in Ikot-Ekpene till date. However, since the native people already had their own set of traditional beliefs, what later emerged over time in some areas of Ikot-Ekpene was a blend of Christianity and African traditional religions, leading to a curious strand of syncretism that produced people like Edidem Bassey

Joker of the year
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Eeroh95(m): 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
kingofchess:
wonders shall never end
if wonders end....consider yourself dead
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
When you hear Jesus bearin Okong, Ubong and Bassey! End time things! undecided
Even if Jesus were to come from Nigeria can it ever be from that side? with the way they konji without respect.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by AyamBlaze: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2016
TrajansKong:
He is risen.

He has returned.

Hallelujah!!
You've been brainwashed! Receive sense in Jesus' name!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2016
Mekwen:
Even if Jesus were to come from Nigeria can it ever be from that side? with the way they konji without respect.
lols
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by wadetaw202: 4:26am On Apr 18, 2016
TrajansKong:
He is risen.

He has returned.

Hallelujah!!

Who has risen? Who has returned?

You are one of the brainwashed peeps in his church, abi?

Stop fooling yourself.

So Jesus will fvck wives of church members?

I doubt if you will ever wake up from this your slumber.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ubcandid(m): 5:56am On Apr 18, 2016
hector:

hahaha...look who is calling me a fool. You are calling Onna eket, Ibibio? look let me tell you, the fact that you can speak ibibio doesnt make you are an ibibio. Go and ask you paramount ruler and stop exposing your ignorance here.

ooooo I see. what does it make me? can you tell me my ancestry since you know so much ?

stop displaying ignorance and bigotry Mr man, it is totally useless. you sound like a pained soul.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by hector: 6:13am On Apr 18, 2016
ubcandid:

ooooo I see. what does it make me? can you tell me my ancestry since you know so much ?

stop displaying ignorance and bigotry Mr man, it is totally useless. you sound like a pained soul.

onna eket makes u an eket man. u only speak Ibibio coz u are close to some Ibibio speaking communities. The people that are reffered to as ibibios are the people who come from these LGAs;
Uyo,
nsit atai,
ibesikpo,
uruan,
nsit ibom,
ibiono ibom,
nsit ubium,
etinan,
ITU,
ikono,
INI,
and most parts of ikot abasi, and mkpat enin.
You cant learn this one in school but u can thank me later when u do your findings. I am from Itu. itam precisely.
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 18, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
HE Z DREAMING BIG

KONTINUE
lolz
Re: The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State by ubcandid(m): 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
hector:

onna eket makes u an eket man. u only speak Ibibio coz u are close to some Ibibio speaking communities. The people that are reffered to as ibibios are the people who come from these LGAs;
Uyo,
nsit atai,
ibesikpo,
uruan,
nsit ibom,
ibiono ibom,
nsit ubium,
etinan,
ITU,
ikono,
INI,
and most parts of ikot abasi, and mkpat enin.
You cant learn this one in school but u can thank me later when u do your findings. I am from Itu. itam precisely.

ONNA IS IBIBIO!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Elijah O. Daramola Is Dead! AGO, RCCG / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Charlyn Oyakhilome Was Sharon's Chief Bridesmaid (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.