Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,506 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? (10310 Views)

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by shango(m): 3:56am On Nov 07, 2006
What Nigeria Needs Is An European Leader To Fix Our Country

fact is under British rule the country had an exchange rate that was greater than the dollar

the only thing generating money is the oil companies that pay us for our oil, all run by western corporations, we cannot even refine the greatest resource on the planet ourselves.

the only nation in sub saharan africa that ever developed nuclear weapons was South Africa, and that was due to the Afrikaans. Without the demolition of Apartheid South Africa could have been the only African world power thanks to its prior European leadership.

Blacks are incapable of ruling themselves. We needed white Christain missionaries and conquestidors to bring us modern technology, government and religion as the modern world knows it today. What makes us think the monkeys of yesteryear can suddenly rise to the status of our prior masters in all avenues of life if we couldnt even do so on our own all these centuries.

I mean while white colonists in the new world where fighting for independence from britain we where busy selling our kin to them. We openly invited colonisers to take over our lands with not so much as a fight raised. If we weren't colonised we would still be running half naked in the bushes. And yet you morons think one of us will lead us forward? Since our independence our country has been in a steady decline. Africans do not have what it takes to manage a city much less a country. The richest country in Africa is Nigeria, with the worlds greatest export, yet we are still third world, and countries like the Netherlands with no natural resources to speak of has a higher literacy rate than even the United States.

If we got a white leader, perhaps even one of the former south african leaders I bet the country would see a 180 turn in less than 5 years.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by mochafella(m): 4:02am On Nov 07, 2006
You have issues.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 4:15am On Nov 07, 2006
Oh come on, why does the reformist Nigerian leader of your dreams have to be WHITE ?   If you are fed up with what sometimes seems like a genetic predisposition that compels Nigerian leaders to loot the treasury, why not choose a Ghanaian or tested black American to head Nigeria's government.  

I have nothing against white folks, but elevating them to saintly status due to their skin color only reinforces the widely-held racist stereotype of black African folks being born thieves and helpless retarded children who need guidance from a white god in order to survive in their own African homeland.

Shango, if your hypothetical white reformist government ever materialized in Nigeria, would you like to see educated blacks relegated to the status of second-class citizens in their own homeland and automatically classified ineligible for government service on account of skin color alone ?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Odeku(m): 4:18am On Nov 07, 2006
CHI SHANGO god of IRON don strike again, I don tell all the women please take the plan B alternative and we won't have to deal with senseless post like this.SHANGO start drinking ODEKU and leave whiskey alone and u can think straight, no white man can lead us, they are the reason we have issues now.  we sent our leaders to school in England to learn about the white mans way, and they learn how to eat steak and  carvier, now they embezzling left and right.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by lewa(m): 4:38am On Nov 07, 2006
Anoda fool Where do these ignoramuses descend from?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Odeku(m): 4:43am On Nov 07, 2006
Na that ogogoro weh dem dey drink for lagos dey make dem think like that now. or maybe dem don smoke banger
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by shango(m): 4:49am On Nov 07, 2006
You fools cannot even counter my arguments with any facts or counter arguments.

If you are fed up with what sometimes seems like a genetic predisposition that compels Nigerian leaders to loot the treasury, why not choose a Ghanaian or tested black American to head Nigeria's government.  

I am talking about black Africa as a whole. There is not one black nation that is NOT THIRD WORLD. Name one. Even the few outside Africa are degenerate nations, with extreme poverty.

Shango, if your hypothetical white reformist government ever materialized in Nigeria, would you like to see educated blacks relegated to the status of second-class citizens in their own homeland and automatically classified ineligible for government service on account of skin color alone ?

It worked prior to 1960 did it not? The eduactional system we rely on was introduced by whites and has deteriorated since they left, like every other modern institution in Nigeria or any black nation, we have been incapable of sustaining any of them.

Lest we forget, the United States and Canada where both colonies at one time that gained their independence on their own and look how they turned out. Now look at all the former colonies in Africa and how they have turned out.

I post facts and you morons counter with

no white man can lead us, they are the reason we have issues now.  we sent our leaders to school in England to learn about the white mans way, and they learn how to eat steak and  carvier, now they embezzling left and right.

When whites left nigeria we had premier government schools, a functioning government and world class economy where our currency was greater than the dollar.

A half century later and where are we with no whites in site?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by lewa(m): 4:57am On Nov 07, 2006
Chief slowpoke
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by mochafella(m): 4:58am On Nov 07, 2006
Where is Sista when you need her?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by ikamefa(f): 5:10am On Nov 07, 2006
mochafella:

Where is Sista when you need her?

na waya for you ! u dey find trouble grin grin grin

sup anyways cheesy
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 07, 2006
shango:

When whites left nigeria we had premier government schools, a functioning government and world class economy where our currency was greater than the dollar.

Agreed! But you also forgot to mention some salient things the whites left us with. A fractured "nation" made up of incompatible peoples with different ideologies and political leanings. A continent carved up not on the basis of tribal homogeneity but on the basis of the convenience of our "colonial masters".

The same whites who introduced education in the south refused to do same in the north, why? The same whites who prefered direct rule in the south introduced indirect rule in the north, why? For our benefit?
Why did these same whites begin the perpetuation of our hypocritical census figures?
Have you taken a closer look at the African "nations" these same whites left behind? Why has each and every one of them degenerated into civil war if indeed their aim was to leave a strong and virile nation?
Why did they all run away with their families as soon as they handed over political power to the "natives"? Pls see South Africa!
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by jammin(m): 5:15am On Nov 07, 2006
SHANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am ashamed of the fact that you look like me. when the whites went, they went with their money too. the result was that less money was trying trying to maintain the system, while at the same time more demands was being made on it. eg are education and health.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by otokx(m): 6:23am On Nov 07, 2006
Colonial mentality.

No white man can fix Nigeria as it is, they have tried in the past even in private enterprises but they always abscond when the heat increases.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Easyy(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2006
shango:

You fools cannot even counter my arguments with any facts or counter arguments.

I am talking about black Africa as a whole. There is not one black nation that is NOT THIRD WORLD. Name one. Even the few outside Africa are degenerate nations, with extreme poverty.

It worked prior to 1960 did it not? The eduactional system we rely on was introduced by whites and has deteriorated since they left, like every other modern institution in Nigeria or any black nation, we have been incapable of sustaining any of them.

Lest we forget, the United States and Canada where both colonies at one time that gained their independence on their own and look how they turned out. Now look at all the former colonies in Africa and how they have turned out.

It's a pity that what you consider facts are very shallow and they are an exhibition of your narrow-mindedness. It is the fact that there are quite a few people like you in existence that we have found ourselves in our present sorry state.

Nigeria was working even after 1960 (you may need to ask your elders). It only started degenerating when colonial mentalists like yourself got into government and sold us out to foreigners who wanted to loot what we had at the time.

It is the foreigners who come to our country to corrupt the stupid officials who are of like mind with you. They sold us out to the foreign investors who have nothing but milking our economy at the back of their minds.

Look around you and tell me if any non-white nation is allowed to develop!

NB. Dont call other people fools without a good basis for the use of such a word.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by IBEXY(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2006
Nigeria was working when the British people left until we started letting mediocre leaders be in control.
Just take a look at the Cvs of the leaders we have had:

illiterate military daredevils like:

Babangida - i heard he was just an armored car mechanic
Abacha - looter in chief (Lord knows if he is he even educated)

, to mention a few

Do we have good managers and technocrats, a good look at the business and industril sector will convince you.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by gaby(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2006
shango:

What Nigeria Needs Is An European Leader To Fix Our Country

fact is under British rule the country had an exchange rate that was greater than the dollar

the only thing generating money is the oil companies that pay us for our oil, all run by western corporations, we cannot even refine the greatest resource on the planet ourselves.

the only nation in sub saharan africa that ever developed nuclear weapons was South Africa, and that was due to the Afrikaans. Without the demolition of Apartheid South Africa could have been the only African world power thanks to its prior European leadership.

Blacks are incapable of ruling themselves. We needed white Christain missionaries and conquestidors to bring us modern technology, government and religion as the modern world knows it today. What makes us think the monkeys of yesteryear can suddenly rise to the status of our prior masters in all avenues of life if we couldnt even do so on our own all these centuries.

I mean while white colonists in the new world where fighting for independence from britain we where busy selling our kin to them. We openly invited colonisers to take over our lands with not so much as a fight raised. If we weren't colonised we would still be running half naked in the bushes. And yet you morons think one of us will lead us forward? Since our independence our country has been in a steady decline. Africans do not have what it takes to manage a city much less a country. The richest country in Africa is Nigeria, with the worlds greatest export, yet we are still third world, and countries like the Netherlands with no natural resources to speak of has a higher literacy rate than even the United States.

If we got a white leader, perhaps even one of the former south african leaders I bet the country would see a 180 turn in less than 5 years.

What an idiotic comment, i weep for you whatever your name is you sure need some help, i am very convinced the author of this post is a white dude trying to play a Nigerian, May you rot in hell foooooool,

Bring in the white folks to come rule your father's house then you'll know that the suicide bombing in Iraq is just a mere joke,

What the f, k?I still can't believe there can be anyone of us still this ignorant of what we've been through in the past and still going through presently all thank to your white fathers, may you all rot in hell a, hole,

Why can't y'all mind you respective countries and allow us freedom to take on our things ourselves and continue battling to clean up the huge mess already created by you lying,cheating and decieving bastards, we don't need your helps man your coast and lets man ours and see who's going to need who's help on the long run,

I would have expected your post would be something like how do you wake up to fight against the seed of discord that has been sowed amongst us (blacks)by these devils instead you are here with your sick mind calling on your foes to come and complete what they started in your household,

Where's my sista??Please come give this fool a piece of my heart because im just short of words to convey how nauseating this post has made me feel this morning, shiiiit just ruined my day,

Die a, hole
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2006
Only Nigerians can fix Nigerian problems. That is the catch 22 situation  embarassed

The problem is that there are no capable Nigerians who could achieve such a thing. Nigerians are leading Nigerians already and look what a mess the whole thing is  sad

Who cares what colour the person is who could bring wealth and stability back to Nigeria.

Just Do It!
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Eastcoast(f): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2006
THis just doesn't make any sense. i can't believe there are still people like you who exhalt caucasians. eww lipsrsealed What makes you think a white can reform nigeria. Let me tell you something, for nigeria to change, we nigerians all need to change first.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by bensimon(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2006
Shango or whatever your name is, I do not think that you understand the import of your statement. I want to convince myself that you just want to agitate our minds and see how we interrogate the issue. If however, you really meant what you said, then I will forgive you because some of us can easily be misguided. Do not for one second think that South Africa where the white man lorded it over the blacks have risen above the psychological trauma of apartheid. Can you imagine what it would do to your psyche to stand by as a child and see you parents flogged by the white man. Shame on whoeevr thought about this topic. Why do you think that whites are better than blacks? I think I detect inferiority complex lurking somehwere in your mind. Stand up Man! No white skin is superior to you except you allow yourself to be inferior. What we should be thinking about is how we can make our dear 9aija better by ourselves.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2006
it is not a good topic to think of or discuss but if one can hide it very well in his or her mind and compare and contrast, one can imagine an european living in a country where there is no light, water supply and good roads to mention but a few.
by the way, what do we gain in a country blessed with numerious resources? how long do we need to start living like human beings in a rich country? who do we trust to do this if obj who was released from jail and sent to aso rock has refused to deliver? who do we trust now?
i want to say it in a wisper - eurpean. we have to accept the fact that our politicians have failed us. we have to believe that no two politicians have the same plans in nigeria. if parties have manifestos that are working why wouldn't obj allow atiku to continue from where he stopped?
a stupid polity where a person in this modern time of democracy can decide to hold two most important and sensitive positions(president and minister of petrolium).
in which european country can u see a minister spoil the educational values of a country and then shamely shifted to aviation ministry spoil that and equally refused to resign and the brother could only reduce the tension in the country by shifting him to culture ministry.
if the truth is death, in fact i would want shout it here loud- the Europeans should come to our aid.
south africa suffering the effects of apperthied should equally accept that the are african's europe because of the days of the whites.
don't we find it better to be under apperthied for a period of time than this everlasting political insanity which has reduced our thinking system to criminality.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by bensimon(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2006
Chidichris, you need to interact with these chaps (blacks) who lived under apartheid to understand how dehumanising an experience it is. God forbid! shocked I stay here in Jhb and I interact with some of them. They have lost it man!
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by gaby(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2006
chidichris:

it is not a good topic to think of or discuss but if one can hide it very well in his or her mind and compare and contrast, one can imagine an european living in a country where there is no light, water supply and good roads to mention but a few.
by the way, what do we gain in a country blessed with numerious resources? how long do we need to start living like human beings in a rich country? who do we trust to do this if obj who was released from jail and sent to aso rock has refused to deliver? who do we trust now?
i want to say it in a wisper - eurpean. we have to accept the fact that our politicians have failed us. we have to believe that no two politicians have the same plans in nigeria. if parties have manifestos that are working why wouldn't obj allow atiku to continue from where he stopped?
a stupid polity where a person in this modern time of democracy can decide to hold two most important and sensitive positions(president and minister of petrolium).
in which european country can u see a minister spoil the educational values of a country and then shamely shifted to aviation ministry spoil that and equally refused to resign and the brother could only reduce the tension in the country by shifting him to culture ministry.
if the truth is death, in fact i would want shout it here loud- the Europeans should come to our aid.
south africa suffering the effects of apperthied should equally accept that the are african's europe because of the days of the whites.
don't we find it better to be under apperthied for a period of time than this everlasting political insanity which has reduced our thinking system to criminality.

You've been reading too much of the white man's script too i guess, you need to wake up from your slumber because i wonder where you guys are getting all these sick ideas from,

EUROPEAN TO COME TO YOUR AID??OOOW PULEASEEEE SPARE ME THAT CRAP

Whatever reasons or nonsense points you must have thought you brought to fore in your post are the aftermath of their handiwork and all we need is to continue struggling to curtail and and eradicate the problem as it is now before it goes beyond what we have now because that is what would happen if we all say yeah to your suggestion,

We've simply been made to hate ourselves and believe that we are a bunch of no goods and never do wells thats their plan but sorry to say i have refused to fall into this category because i know who i am and where i came from and where im heading to,

You can say whatever you want about the government in our country but you have to understand that they are still bent on frustrating all efforts to better our lots with thie evil policies,

You want the europeans to come to your aid right??The U.S and the British are presently aiding Iraq and i hope you envy them,

Saddam was evil but now they've realized that Saddam was a genius and now they are beginning to wonder where this Shia Militia leader has been all the while saddam was in power now he is a voice to reckon with in Iraq,

Bring them europeans on to your father's house and we'll see

Nonsense
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by deejay1(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2006
shango or wateva ur name his i think u ganna die in hell 4 sayin nigeria needs an european leader, i fnk u wat ur problem is is dat u lookin down on we blacks dat we cant handle our own situiation and i fink if u r black u need 2 b gunned down
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by gbengaijot(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2006
Av only got one question for sango(that made the first post):

if Sango, have a marital problem with Oya(a goddess), will he invite Ogun to come and solve it for him?,

Your answer to the question will help me determine how shallow you are about world politics!
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by gaby(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2006
Perhaps his father needs an european leader to come help him f, k his mother that would be the best topic idiotttttttttt

Ill-informed and brainwashed slowpoke
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by nilla(f): 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2006
@ topic,

angry
I think this tops the list as the most stupid topic ever.
What you have just summed up is that Whites are superior to blacks. how lame.

if you want whites ruling over you, go live in their country, and leave the rest alone .
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Odeku(m): 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2006
people please I know we are outrage with the topic, but lets be a lil constructive in our criticism the guy is just trying to make a blind point, lets not attach his character, lets try and focus and educate him please, nilla how now
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by nilla(f): 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2006
i dey.
there is no constructive criticism to give angry.
If he said we needed a military leader i will even agree, but not this.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by ajolayo(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2006
@Sango,
I think you need to read the book "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" by Walter Rodney. Pls do.
I consider it a very wrong mentality or you to think that if you have problems then the best person to help you solve it is an outsider. Awkward thinking. Your facts are wrong. You need to reconsider. I would take time to read your post and reply you line by line

Inasmuch as I think Nigeria has a myriad of problems, I emphatically maintain that the solution is not for an outsider albeit an European to lead us.

What we need is in us. A complete change of mentality.

If an european should be given reins of government now in nigeria, It would be worse than what we have now.

I maintain, we are our own problem and the solution lies with us.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2006
The little I know about debates or arguments made me to believe is a game of who has points and not who insults the more.
In forum where somebody brought up a topic, nobody is interested in giving points that makes the idea uncalled for rather people are busy calling for his neck. In his words, they are more of a question than a statement but in my own words I am making them a statement calling for our people to resign and invite the Europeans. I wish people will start falling down and die for this.
Who among you have said or giving reasons why we have to continue trying ourselves if we are still at nowhere at the age of 46. a fool at for is a fool forever.
No 8 in the list of the highest oil producers. No light, no water, no security.
If any of u is living in Europe and America, why don’t you go back home and make thing right. For those of you who are yet to go beyond the borders of Nigeria, is not your fault if u want to continue life that way. If anyone is in America and is saying he is happy with Nigeria, then I call him a deceit.
People live in a country for ten years without experiencing blackout for 1 minute – no wonder cnn and bbc will announce it as a breaking news whenever light go off in a district for one minute.
If anyone is living in abroad, he will always believe that people back home are existing because of God’s mercy. Suffering and smiling.
South Africa is happy today because they suffered the apartheid and if I can suffer for ten years and live the rest of my life a happy man why making myself a permanent sufferman.
No wonder it is said that the truth is always bitter, one can’t shy away from it.
Let us agree and hire them to run our country for sometime and thenone can believe in his ability.
If we are condemning the whites time in south Africa, they are supposed to be the last in development but unfortunately they are no 1 in Africa. Someone said he is in south Africa, please truthfull to yourself, compare the extent of development in south during the days of the white and the current day of blacks.
Our selfish interest which has turned us upside down made mugabe to send all the white farmers packing from Zimbabwe, today talk to somebody from there and he will confess to the horror they are facing. Nigeria is calling for the whites farmers to be accommodated and asks banks to give them loan to any tune. Who is saying man no pass man.
Even our leaders do not believe in the country they are ruling and that is  why non of them is investing the stolen funds in the country.
There is no developed country of the world where you cannot trace billions of dollars belonging to Nigerians in investments.
Please let those who knows insult take their time and explain to us why how long we can continue with trials and error?
We are so used to evil that the deaths of wise men as a result of political killing becomes normal and part of us.
How many aspirants are murdered before elections.
We are afraid of apartheid but I assure you is things continues the way it is, we are going to be all slaves to mr.obj because the way he is buying all the important companies in Nigeria, am afraid he will buy all of us and only then those of u who are afraid of Europeans will know what it means to be a slave to the big fat idiot.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by gbengaijot(m): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2006
am still waiting for a reply from sango about my question. @Chidichrs, i want you to understand something about the west. The political situation in the UK and US is different from that of Nigeria. Trust me, the UK has the already made policy infrastructure and framework, that the present prime minister modify, maintain and promote and enforce those policies.  Nigeria is a badly worn out country that we need economic reformation first before any other thing. Each ministerial agencies are badly worn out that even if Tony Blair or george bush develop a policy, what makes u think that it will be implemented?,

Moreover, we(all Nigerians) have a -ve mentality about our country. We all need national reorientation first before everything and that is inclusive of you. it is a common, joint effort that will make Nigeria great, not just the job of Obasanjo and his henchmen( that shows ur shallowness).

We all should take responsibility for the present situation and work towards sustainability of good governance. How do we go about that?,

it start from we all developing ourselves, developing the community which in turn influence the image of Nigeria towards greater heights.

Let me ask sango?, When was the last time you gave bribe?, OR WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DROPPED LITTER ON THE ROAD?, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU COLLECTED BRIBE OR DO SOME YAHOO RUNS, OR DO SOME FRAUD( I DONT CARE WHICHEVER FRAUD IT IS, WHETHER BIG OR SMALL).

iF YOU'VE DONE ANY OF THESE IN THE LAST 6 YEARS, THEN YOU ARE A ENEMY OF DEMOCRACY AS WELL AND YOU SHOULD RESIGN FOR THE CITIZENS OF EUROPE TO TAKE OVER FROM U! (this is for sango anyway)
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by 2old4that(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2006
Odeku:

people please I know we are outrage with the topic, but lets be a lil constructive in our criticism the guy is just trying to make a blind point, lets not attach his character, lets try and focus and educate him please, nilla how now

yeah! maybe u guys should try n tell him what you think is right. Calling him names wont help. He'd only made a topic, he didnt kill somebody. Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How 37-Storey NECOM house Was Sold To Bankole's Firm For N4 Billion! / Buhari's Grand Plan: DSS Boss Ordered Visa For ISIS Cleric Ahmed Al Assir / Nigerian Among The Top 10 People With The Highest IQ In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.