Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,957 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? (10316 Views)

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2006
[
paddy_lo:

Germans, those lovely europeans u adore so much, gassed, 6 million people and then burnt their body in incinerators, why, oh well they didnt have blonde hair and blue eyes, but they were white though funny aint it, and this didnt happen 200yrs ago, it happened in 1945, just 60yrs ago, think fool,
more than six million people have been killed in africa over some more stupid and less issues, like the genocide that happened in ruwanda or what is happening in dafur. at least the germens killed people that werent germans but in sudan and ruwanda its the citizens that were being killed by the government their by showing that they can't lead them selves.

"europeans came to south africa, stole the land and relegated the black africans to extreme poverty, in south africa, if u were black u could not own a business, have a phone, u could not enter the city without pass, can u imagine living in the bushes outside lagos and not being allowed into lagos unless u had a pass, what a mess, "

the europens came and stole the land and relegated the black africans to extream poverty but here in africa and nigeria its the government that is stealing, killing and relegating its people to destitution. the europeans came, stole and took it to their people to make their lives better but here we steal from ourselves and take it to the europeans cos we dont know how to lead or selves.

"let me tell u something that will break your heart, one of my female friends here in the states her parents are from ireland, they went to south africa sometime in the 90's, maybe 1992, during apartheid, they were riding in a taxi driven by a black man, he was driving them into the city, when they hit exteme go-slow, or hold up, the white guy driving behind them started horning for him to move out of the way, since the black guy had no where to go, since they were stuck in traffic the white guy came out of the car went to the black taxis window drew a gun and blew his brains off, he didnt know he had 2 passengers in the back seat, my friends mum fainted on the spot and they had to return to ireland immediately, that is the bullshit you wish on Nigeria,"

let me tell u something that will break ur heart even more a police(who is suppoed to be the government and protector of the law) in adamawa state some weeks ago killed an innocent taxi driver because the guy refused to give him a bribe of 20naira(he claimed the guy insulted him) being an ibgo man is enough to get u killed in the city of kano on a bad day so i dont know what u are talking about here.

"do u know the average nigerian is more enterprenual and business savy than the average south african black, and probably has more real wealth,"

says who? there is no average nigerian in nigeria to day its either u are rich or poor. why is it that the south african visa is one of the hardest visa a nigerian can get, if given the chance most nigerians will be in south africa thats no lie. even our governors go there for medical check ups and what not, very rich nigerians go there for vacation(why dont they do their vacations in nigeria why travel all the way to south africa?) and most tourist that visit africa go there why dont they go to nigeria or other african countries? south african tourist sector is still the best in the whole of africa, thanks to the foundation that was laid by the white people.

"In russia and eastern europe being black is a licence to be attacked and discriminated against, yet Nigerias economy is much better than most in those regions, of europe"

how is nigeria's economy better than that of russia? the russian GNI is $US $4,460 while that of nigeria is $550 so how is nigeria economy better than that of russia? as u can see russia's economy is like ten times better than that of nigeria nigerians are still going to russia despite all the killings and what not they still dont want to run away, can u give an answer as to why they still dont want to go back?. tribal and ethnic attacks are still going on in nigeria and africa so its no different?

i do not need to mention the endless race riots in the u.k, between all ethnic groups and the majority whites,

what took them there to the UK is it not because of their failed governments? despite facing all the racism and discrimination why dont they go back to africa and help their respective countries. why are they still there building the white man's country? why dont they go back to africa? i belive u should have answers to that cos as u said u are in the US why dont u go back to nigeria and contibute ur own qouta to see that things get better why are u still enjoying the white mans good governance? go back to nigeria and see if u will enjoy the same.

"My people i am a Nigerian living in the U.S and you cannot appreciate how unique and beautiful it is to be black, have a distinct culture and language, and just know u are special because you do not think like the people u see all around you, i hope people get a chance to leave Nigeria for a while and see what a mess the outside world is, keep your head up my right thinking Nigerians, you know what u are worth, Peace"

u are appreciating how unique and beautiful it is to be black cos u are under a white man's leadership why dont u go back to africa and be under a black man's then u can say what u want to say. we know that we are worth something but our leaders have made us to be worthless to the extent that we go on knocking on the white man's dorr for help. as far as u are in a white man's country and enjoying his good leadership u have nothing to say here but to shut up ur mouth and allow people that are living in africa to contribute, am an nigerian living in europe too but i will tell u that despite the racism and what not most people still prefer to stay here than to go back to africa, when u see them complaining about racism try telling them to go back to africa and hear what the will tell u? they still prefer staying here and experiencing the racism than going back to africa where there is no racism.why is that so? is it not because we have shown that we can't lead our selves?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by imageman(m): 12:56am On Nov 10, 2006
This is a sick thread!!! Calling for a white man to come and lead you?To those of you who do not know,the wealth of most Western nations are made from exploitations of other weaker nations.To those who are suffering from inferiority complex,calling for a leadership of a white man,maybe they should apply to be a house boy in a whitemans house,instead of advocating for a whole nation to be in servitude.
    The type of people that have been ruling Nigeria and African nations in general are mainly to blame for the pathetic stages most African nations are in now.There are some of you now running like a beheaded chicken after Ibb because of the crumbs he might leave you,rather than fighting for your rights to have a descent leader who will have the good of the nation and her people as motivation for seeking public office.If you want a good leadership,you have to fight for one.
        Some of you now calling for the white mans leadership are the same people that do not obey  simple traffic regulations on Nigerian roads.Things are going orderly for the white man,because he obeys his rules and regulations.Some of you don't even want to  wait in line for anything,and you wonder why there is chaos in our day to day lives.
Inferiority complex is a dieseas of the mind that can be cured,i hope those of you suffering from it will cure yourselves of it.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 10, 2006
Man

I agree Drusilla, mazaje needs black education.

u are appreciating how unique and beautiful it is to be black because u are under a white man's leadership why don't u go back to africa and be under a black man's then u can say what u want to say. we know that we are worth something but our leaders have made us to be worthless to the extent that we go on knocking on the white man's dorr for help. as far as u are in a white man's country and enjoying his good leadership u have nothing to say here but to shut up your mouth and allow people that are living in africa to contribute, am an nigerian living in europe too but i will tell u that despite the racism and what not most people still prefer to stay here than to go back to africa, when u see them complaining about racism try telling them to go back to africa and hear what the will tell u? they still prefer staying here and experiencing the racism than going back to africa where there is no racism.why is that so? is it not because we have shown that we can't lead our selves?

Great but before the British colonization, evidence shows that we were able to lead ourselves which even facilitated the colonization. How then can you explain we not being able to lead ourselves post-colonization? Might it be because the Europeans set up extractive insitutions to take advantage of Africans which current leaders are taking advantage of? Simple institutional economic theory will tell you that institutions are costly to set up and even more costly to change. The problem we are having now has not always been there, it was imported by the white man. Changing the institutions will be a slow process and we will get there. We surely do not need the white man and I assure you that this point I have made, you cannot disprove.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by omogenaija(f): 4:06am On Nov 10, 2006
ori e , who ever started this topic,

i'm disappointed the the creator of this topic,
if a nigerian hasn't/can't fix nigeria , wat makes u think a european or any other non-nigerian can
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2006
omogenaija:

ori e , who ever started this topic,

i'm disappointed the the creator of this topic,
if a nigerian hasn't/can't fix nigeria , what makes u think a european or any other non-nigerian can

You should be disappointed that a Nigerian can not fix it!
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by gbengaijot(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2006
mazaje:

[more than six million people have been killed in africa over some more stupid and less issues, like the genocide that happened in ruwanda or what is happening in dafur. at least the germens killed people that werent germans but in sudan and ruwanda its the citizens that were being killed by the government their by showing that they can't lead them selves.

Ok, did you realise that the west during the time of colonisation of rwanda actually caused a mass segregation between Hutu and tsusi. I encourage you to visit www.usip.org and do a course in conflict analysis using the Rwanda Genocide as an example. And you'll realise that the coloy masters started the first class and second class citizens in rwanda thereby causing a Genocide. They then turn their backs on the genocide as if they were not able to do anything.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2006
brothers and sisters, we are not here to kill ourselves in any case, the whites cannot come but if we want to tell ourselves the truth, we need them by all means. they are better devils.
aparthied, recial descrimination, colonization, colour domination and everyother negative attributes of the white againts the blacks summoned together cannot be compared with the evils of charlse taylor alone.
what do u say about abacha, and the babas of our country.
none of us here in this forum i want to believe is a leader in nigeria but the most disappointing thing is that those of us who still have confidence in our leaders should know that even the leaders themselves have long time ago lost confidence in themselves and that is why ordinary local government chairman in nigeria has a house in the much white destroyed country - south africa.
why do u think baba keeps on visiting the western countries on daily bases. why can't he stay back and rule the country he was appointed to rule.
most of our much respected leaders will even drop their diplomatic passport and get an ordinary passport just to visit the european country and even turn themselves into women to run away from punishments when caught.
you can now see why obj preffered to get a new jet to himselve rather than having a national airline, to enable him travel with ease in the company of his aids who can now carry dollars and other currencies to lodge in every transit point.
how much did alamesiaya forfeit in london? and how much our dear uba have so far paid to the american government to pursue a settlement outside the court.
the only good man among them should be obj because he is investing in nigeria and my prayer is that the next president be anti obj so that his investments and their sources will be made public. and only then that we will know how the ex-convict all of a sudden become the richest man in nigeria while he occupy the position of a president as well as the oil minister.
in a loud voice again, WE NEED THE WHITES AND THE EVIL WAYS which we all know is better than our angelic performances.
if the can treat us bad for a few years and life becomes better , i think i preffer that.
at 46, we are yet to experience the importance of light, pipe borne water, security at its best, good educational system, good roads, good standard of living. for those of you who are yet to go out of nigeria, u are not to be blamed as you are yet to believe that house doors can be left wide open either in the day or at nights without problem. you are yet to stay and forget the name of the company supplying electricity and water because they are always there for u.
shame to the general leadership of africa under the blacks.
in nigeria, one can easily see that we are yet to attain federal republic as what we have is a personal republic where obj takes the final decission on every issue. what has happened to the rule of law and seperation of powers which are parts and parcel of democracy. it is good for obj because fela is dead. no wonder fela for one day never had confidence in obj and abiola.
we will be fooling ourselves here if we say obj is doing well when he has within his seven yrs on seat become the owner of a university worth of 7 billion, a major share holder in the five biggest companies in nig and nothing reasonable has changed in the lives of the general populace.
i am si=uggesting here that the author of this topic should go start and make it a statement rather than a question as i will always be behind him.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2006
for those of us quoting websites and theories, i want to suggest that we make this a realistic and a living topic. let us direct our arguements on the events of the day.
at present, the decission on what to do with the anambra state governor lies with obj - where does this kind of thing happen?
Ngige was not good, Obi was not good too and we will soon believe Etiaba the woman is not good. the colonial master brought first calss citizen and second class and i want to believe they also told uba to kidnap an elected governor. i also want to believe that oil reffinaries owned by nigerians outside does not fit the soil textures of nigeria. the lates money laundary case against andy uba is a function of colonial masters if not aperthied.
the good thing about nigerian is that we wait till we are well bitten by rain before we look for shelter. it was only when abacha died that i knew people hate him. i would want to see the reaction of nigerians when obj dies on seat as he work towards that through tenure elongation.
if we talk about deaths in the hands of the whites, who among you have the facts and figures as it relates to the number of political killings since obj came into power since 1999.
who among u can tell us the story relating to the controversial killing of MOBITEL.
it happened during shagari and it is looming again and all we need is a divin intervention. for those of u in support of obj watch out for ibb as they are birds of the same feather-generals
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2006
I shake my head in disbelief and wonder where things could have gone so wrong in your lives that you are showing this total poverty of self confidence.

And by 'you' here, I mean Sango, Reverend, Chidichris and all who are behind and/or in support of this totally absurd notion that just because of the colour of their skin that a certain group of people are better than another.

Now, let us educate you.

Skin colour is as a result of the abundance of, or lack of the protein melanin in the skin of said individual, which is the reason that we have albinos for example amongst Negroes. If you take your average day to day albino from Ojoto in Anambra state, clean him up, give him a perm and freight him to Uppsala in Sweden, he would look no different from Sten Sture den yngre.

This goes to prove what the American Anthropological Association says in one of their papers that the different races emerged not as a result of genetics, but as a result of history.

History in the sense that according to modern anthropological thinking, all human beings started from one place. Whether we all started from Ethiopia or from Mesopotamia is a matter of conjecture, but the point remains and hasn't been proven wrong that all humans began from the same gene pool. Genetic variations amongst humans have been shown to be wider within the different races than between the races.

With the vast expansion of scientific knowledge in this century, however, it has become clear that human populations are not unambiguous, clearly demarcated, biologically distinct groups. Evidence from the analysis of genetics (e.g., DNA) indicates that most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater variation within "racial" groups than between them. In neighboring populations there is much overlapping of genes and their phenotypic (physical) expressions. Throughout history whenever different groups have come into contact, they have interbred. The continued sharing of genetic materials has maintained all of humankind as a single species.

As they were constructing US society, leaders among European-Americans [b]fabricated [/b]the cultural/behavioral characteristics associated with each "race," linking superior traits with Europeans and negative and inferior ones to blacks and Indians. Numerous arbitrary and fictitious beliefs about the different peoples were institutionalized and deeply embedded in American thought.

That we have had more problems in Africa over the last few centuries is a matter of semantics. If you are so smart, why not take a ride back in history with me, back to ancient Egypt. It is easy for you to sit back and take all the crap that the Egyptians were white, but it is on record that there was no white Pharoah of Egypt until the Ptolemy's came to the throne after Alexander III's invasion of Egypt. That implies that all the famous Pharoahs who you know of from your bible, including Rameses II who enslaved the Hebrews was as black s me. His bust shown below bears evidence to this. Notice that the nose is shaped like a Negroes?

Now, at the time of the great Egyptian empire, which lasted for over 3000 years, there was no comparable empire on the planet run by whites. The Greeks came into force as Egypt was declining.

To the starter of this sick thread:

From all I can read, you infer that the people who are fundamental to our progress are the Europeans. You seem to have forgotten (if you even knew that at all) that Europe had its own bad patches. You seem to have forgotten that time was centuries back that Europeans would have paid top dollar (there was no dollar back then) for a shot at life in either the near or far East.

You say that we should open our doors to them without thinking twice, but forget in the same thought that these are people who came to us and plundered our land and resources. Where is your brain?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by saintchux(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2006
mumu
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2006
My first concern after reading from the poster is pity,great pity.
Frustration could lead into hallucinations,seeing,hearing and even smelling things that don't exist.
Nigeria is a failed state and while some ask that we divide,some want true federalism with regional strengths and a weak center.
Some others now ask that we be recolonised by our colonial masters since we've proven incapable of self governance.

Rather than call Shango names and ask that thunder should fire him,let us note that there may be millions of others with the same mindset borne of frustration as they behold a bleak future.
Thanks Chxta for educating,a big step in the right direction.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nicer(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2006
Shango, reverend and chidichris. It's obvious u guys have given in to despair and are now in deep depression. My humble advice to you is for u guys to look for guns and blow your brains' out. the rest of us will soldier on and we WILL make Nigeria better. Mark my words. chxta, as usual u're logical,u see things the right way. u've got ur head screwed on correctly which is more than i can say for jokers like Shango.

I can't even bring myself to start quoting facts to support any argument. The topic is ludicrous and if Shango and co take my advice, i'll lay wreaths at ur funerals.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by nilla(f): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2006
i dont even know why this thread still continues.

walks out
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Eurphoria(f): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2006
shango may that very sango strike u dead for this mad utterance. What makes u think all is well in Europe? Go see how europe is messed up and the land of loose morals and sick perversions.hissss i have belief in my ppl and it may take many years and many more mistakes but only an african with a conscience and unwavering strength will move us forwars and when i say african i mean BLACK, God bless us.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by superman(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2006
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh godddddddddddddddd! i can see we nigerians got a genetic problem somewhere in the land
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Jehu: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2006
The Shango, I pray that the deity by that name will not be angry with you enough to whip you with some streaks of lightning.

Why is the government not working? This is the question we all should ask. Presenting solutions without knowing the problem is, , u know it.

The government is not working because it is strange to us, hence we ourselves don't understand it. And the so-called whites are taking advantage of it to build up their own Empires. The question is why did they come here in the first instance - To obtain cheap labour, get next to free raw materials and a ready market for their products. All these we are still satisfying for them. And they being so clever (seemingly) granted us political independence but held on to our economy. (i.e. Economic Slavery)

Take it from me, we are still under the Roman Empire and the more we stay under their systems and practice them, the more things will continue to work for them and work against us.

We run out of our land to work in theirs.
We steal our resources to keep in theirs.
We send our children to learn from them, and they teach them how to foster their interests.
We look up to them like gods, and forget our own traditions and cultures.
We grope in the dark room were they 've kept us and we complain of darkness.

Let's come out of their systems and create our own, then see how they will all run helter-skelter to stop us.

We changed our money from Pounds to Naira and they schemed to crumble it.

Now, no black Nation worth its salt can raise up its head and be an example to others because they so programmed it.

We are not ignorant of their plots, but soon, very soon, the bubble will burst,

No Man-made Empire stays up eternally.

When the Time is up, EYES WILL OPEN.

Shango, watch and see.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by nilla(f): 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2006
offtopic,

Seun,

please close this thread, so that Shango would stop receiving curses from all angered.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 11, 2006
The government is not working because it is strange to us, hence we ourselves don't understand it. And the so-called whites are taking advantage of it to build up their own Empires. The question is why did they come here in the first instance - To obtain cheap labour, get next to free raw materials and a ready market for their products. All these we are still satisfying for them. And they being so clever (seemingly) granted us political independence but held on to our economy. (i.e. Economic Slavery)

Yeah, I partly agree with that but it's not like trade is foreign to us. You won't reject their products if you do not have one of your own, I got it.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 12:52am On Nov 11, 2006
i wouldn't want to call names here but i am in dubai and my no is 00971505076636 and i would want any of you who claims to be in america or else where in europe to give me his or her no and i will surely call u atleast to confirm that you are there.
whosoever that enjoys the standard of living in europe and praise our leaders must be possesed with generations of evil spirit.
what do we call development? what do we call civilization and how does this come to be?
is by sending all the resources of one's country to another or by investing and beautifying your country to get the interest of foriegners?
for God's sake we are no 8 if not no 6 in the list of opec oil producers and yet we do not have light, water, security not to talk of a national airline. whosoever is in suport of evil will remain in blindness.
nigeria, giant of africa is suposed to have atleast the best airline in africa, best security, best electricity.
we are feeling for south africa because of aperthied but mind u they are first in africa and should be called giant of africa. for God's sake the white leaders there set an european standard which has been guiding them till date. imagine they are hosting the whole world in the first fifa world cup in africa. is nigeria dreaming of hosting a fifa world cup after nepa took light in 1999 tornament organised by nigeria?
we are 200 years backward.
using nigeria as a case study here, some nigerian(citizens) are richer than most west african countries yet we are no where? nigerians are never in the list of world rich people, why? the answer is because none can explain the sources of his wealth.
trace the wealth of obj between 1999 and today u will see and believe that he is stinkingly rich with nobody to ask how and why?
most of abacha's loots have been returned to nigeria and that can solve a problem yet no one is ready to ask or explain to us where the funds go to.
for those of u mentioning colours in relation to skin, better retrace ur steps, eddie murphy is dark skinned and we do not call him black in this context. we are talking about black mentality( africanism).
jomo kinyata has been used as an example till date because he proved a point to other african leaders that u can rule ur people and still be poor. and today, the rule is be a leader and become rich within 24 hours.
and somebody is suggesting that we bring in the europeans and u are all swearing against urselves and i strongly believe most of u are culprits and whosoever is puttting nigeria into this mess and supporters of this predicaments will surely reap the fruit of their labour.
whosoever says that we do not deserve the good things of life will never enjoy them where ever he or she is.
with the aboundance of mineral resources in nigeria, citizens are suposed to be paid even when they are not working as it is here in dubai, kuwait, saudi arabia and other oil rich nations but workers in nigeria, pensioniers in nigeria are not recieving their monthly salaries and areiers talkless of unemployed people.
talk u time and see what our young men and women are suffering to be educated in nigeria only to sale recharge cards at the end of their education. a country where graduates are gatemen and illiterates are wealthy.
mr. quotes, egypt is an african country and they are still backward. if u trace ur history, u will confirm that the first university in the world was in egypt but where are they today?
i pray that whatever have made us blind will be destroyed sooner than later and as soon as that is done, the God of liberation will be on work.
only then that workers will begin to enjoy mos of the benefits which other workers are enjoying elsewhere. car loans, house loans etc without im.
we are not doing well and we need a change and if the europeans can do that, i want them now and not later. for those of who said nigeria is doing well let them go back and for those of u still in nigeria do not go out remain.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 1:02am On Nov 11, 2006
how come u are in hawai and u are coursing sango? why don't u go back to africa and see how u will die in ur room because of heat or mosquitos will bury u alive if u open ur windows or door.
do u know that millions of nigerian money is been laundered in usa on daily bases? why?
do u believe that many parts of nigeria the giant of africa is yet to experience electricity?
do u believe that people with better education than u are selling recharge cards in nigeria just to make ends meet? why are u in usa instead of nigeria?
why don't u go back and feel what we are talking about here?
for those of u who praise evil doers, i pray that their evil dealings befall u. i pray that something force u back to nigeria so that u will share the goodness of the country with people there.
do u believe that most graduates in nigeria do not know what a computer is?
within the last 12 months, there has been more than five air crashes and that is life we are talking about here. till date, nobody have come out with reasons for these lost of lives in 100s. we can't even count how many political aspirants that have been murdered right there in the bed rooms without any reasonable reports from the police.
imagine nigeria's justice minister was muredered in his room and no one has told us who or why?
please be reasonable
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 11, 2006
chidichris nwannem nwoke,I feel you but how do you think only the white man can solve these problems.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2006
chidichris

Chidichris, nobody is saying that Nigeria is perfect and that everything is going well. I believe we all agree the country is in a colossal mess but we do not agree that the white man is the only one that can solve the problem. It is explicitly implying that we are lesser than whites which is flat out wrong. There is nothing the white man can do for us that we cannot do for ourselves. Bring the white man and he won't be able to handle Nigeria without killing all of us.

After all, whites have also been shown to be bad and corrupt leaders. You should study England under the rule of the Stuarts (17th Century), King James,Charles II and all. They could be compared to our Governments of today, they direspected property rights and easily reneged on loans. It was not until after the Glorious Revolution when the parliament was given more powers in the Government did they begin to make their Government rensponsible for the people. They were able to establish a constitution that presented a[b] credible [/b] threat to remove corrupt and irresponsible leaders. Changes that occured after the revolution was what enabled England to defeat France and Spain who had a bad Government at the time but didn't employ appropriate changes.

We have problems but the white man is not the solution and will never be. There is nothing the white man can do that we cannot do but it is a process of which patience is required. Attributing our leadership problems to us being black is not only degrading but a result of ignorance on the threadstarter's part. He should study even a little bit of European history and he'll realize that they also had leadership problems in the past while we were doing well in terms of organization over here in Africa. It is our organization that even helped them establish their indirect rule without totally occupying the continent if you think about it. We had empires over here in Africa, up from Egypt down to Zulu with Aro, Ghana and co. in between and these were well organized cities, city states, nations and nation states. Please do not indulge in ignorance, that is not he way forward. End of Story!

If you want a brief idea of what England was under the Stuarts, visit this website http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Stuarts.htm. It was just as bad as Nigeria is at the moment so please cut us some slack, we're learning a system just like they did. Please, like Bright Chimezie sang in a song, Respect Africa, this is our Home. If you do not respect it, who will?

Sorry for the tacky writing, it's Friday night but we should all get the point and this topic should end sooner.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 2:05am On Nov 11, 2006
"I shake my head in disbelief and wonder where things could have gone so wrong in your lives that you are showing this total poverty of self confidence".

what self confidence do we have left? is it the type of self confidence that our leaders are exhibting here? i rather be poor in self cofidence and have a better life than to be rich in it and be leading a miserable life  with no hope forth coming in the near future. Even our leaders don't have the believe that they can help. us all over africa they steal and take it to the white man's country, they send their children to school in the white man's country the retire and run to the white man's country just to show us that they have no faith in the system and they can't save us , its the same every where u go in the continent.
people keep on saying that its because we have a few bad leaders thats why we are in this present state .  but i will say what few bad leaders? how? out of 54 countries and no leader is good and u say few bad leaders, most of african leaders(90%) that have ruled and are still ruling are bad. so its not about the issue of leadership since we have had so many leaders and all have failed us besides our leaders did'nt decend from heaven they came from within us so its us that are doing the injustice to our selves not our leaders. we just are not capable of leading our selves because we have clearly demostrated it. if countries like sigapore,oman,bahrain, malaysia, dubai, kuwait and qatar can attain the level of development that have recorded  in  about 30years in mean in just about 30years due solely to good leadership then we definately have to agree that we have a problem and are incapable of leading our selves. the white people too are against them don't think its only we the africans that the white people are explioting they are explioting them too but they always use their senses while we never use ours.

Japan have been living under a constitution that was drafed by some american military personal for over 40years with the hope of impedeing progress and development but they still survived under it. the constitution contained things that were allien to them like democracy and freedom of speech and association, it contained so many things that were not part of the japanese culture and way of life but they lived and used it to develop them selve to the shame of the white people that drafted it. they later changed it but not after using it for close to 40 years. they recored sustainable development under that constitution which was a delibrate method by the whites to hinder their progress but they still excelled. if they can do that then why can't we. all we do is blame the white people for our own self inflicted misfortunes and suffering when others that were being hindered of progression by the same white people progressed. its not only us so we have no right to cry over that.

what are we talking about here? the arabs have proved that they can lead them selves, their leaders have shown that they are capable, see the transformation being recorded by UAE(dubai), Qatar, Kuwait, Iran and Saudi arabia(do u guys think the white people are happy with that?) why havent any african country excelled. the only country that did were the ones that had heavy white infuluence. so the talk of white people stealing from us and being responsible for our problem is just a mere stupidity. they same white people are stealing from the arabs and the orientals too, but they are still growing. why can't we be like them too since they are growing despite being under heavy infuluence of the white peopel to disintegrate. some one made mention of Iraq but we will see. as far as i know once the war in iraq is over which i know it definatly will, then u guys will understand what am talking about, because we all will see a very speedy development . iraq will come and pass all the african countries and start competing with the europens just like dubai, kuwait and the other arabic countries. all the need now is for the war to be over. i will say it again and again its better we experince aparthide for some years and be where south africa is now than not to experience it and be where we are now. because there is no difference with what is happening now in nigeria and most african countries and what happened during the arpathied era. the same injustice that they white people unleashed on the south africans is the same injustice that our leaders are unleasing on us now.

we are still under our own type of arpathied. the nigerian goverment has stole more money fron nigeria than what the white people stole from south africa during aparthied era. the egovernment of equtorial guinea has stolen more money from the country than any white government can steal from it, mobuto sesesiko stole more money from congo drc than any white man can. most african leaders have stole more money from their countries than during the colonial era or when the white people were in charge. the injustice that the african government are displaying on their citizens is much more than what the south africans experienced during the arpatheid. Charles taylor has been more cruel to liberians compared to the cruelity the south african arpathied leaders exibited to the black soth africans.

if the white people will come and give us a better life why not since we have been trying and tryin for decades with no results. infact who say man no pass man?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 11, 2006
Japan have been living under a constitution that was drafed by some american military personal for over 40years with the hope of impedeing progress and development but they still survived under it. the constitution contained things that were allien to them like democracy and freedom of speech and association, it contained so many things that were not part of the japanese culture and way of life but they lived and used it to develop them selve to the shame of the white people that drafted it. they later changed it but not after using it for close to 40 years. they recored sustainable development under that constitution which was a delibrate method by the whites to hinder their progress but they still excelled. if they can do that then why can't we. all we do is blame the white people for our own self inflicted misfortunes and suffering when others that were being hindered of progression by the same white people progressed. its not only us so we have no right to cry over that.

I have no doubt ignorance is the main factor underlying these sentiments. Ever heard of the Meiji reforms in Japan, the Meiji constitution?, Go and learn before you write essays please. Japan is a horribe example too because Japan has not made significant economic progress in a long while. Many economic estimates have it that their economy have been preety much stagnant for over 30 years. Japan used to be a technological leader but you really cannot say that now and the same argument applies to Russia.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 2:29am On Nov 11, 2006
their(japan) economy has being stagnant but its still the second biggest economy in the world where else do u want it to move too? despite all the argument no african economy is like that of russia as for now even the south african economy is not good compared to that of russia so i don't know who u are trying to convince here.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 11, 2006
orld's bigges
mazaje:

their(japan) economy has being stagnant but its still the second biggest economy in the world where else do u want it to move too? despite all the argument no african economy is like that of russia as for now even the south african economy is not good compared to that of russia so i don't know who u are trying to convince here.

Yeah but America has the largest economy and the economy is doing well. Japan has not experienced significant improvement since the U.S. occupation ended. U.S. was basically on a similar level with Japan but look at the difference now and you'll be hard pressed to convince me that the American policies have done them any good. I will argue that the policy has stagnated them and ensured they do not ever grow to pose a challenge to the U.S. Same thing applies to Argentina, they started off on similar levels with Canada but look at the space Canada has given them. Are Argentines not mostly Europeans?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 3:23am On Nov 11, 2006
what u are saying does'nt make sense . we all know that japan and US are both developed economies, argentina too has a better economy than all the african countries so i dont know what u are talking about .weather japan is behind the US or not it doesnt really matter because japan is the second biggest economy in the world and its citizens are enjoying from it thanks to good leadership if they had they kind of leaders we have here it would have been a different story altogether. argentina is the second biggest economy in south america, besides that it's far ahead of all african countries. and its government is more accountable to its people than all the african government i remember at a time not too long ago they changed like 3 leaders in 1 year because who ever came and saw that he could not contibute to the nations economic problem stepped down willingly and allowed some one else to try, but that is not the case with africa, a losser will hold onto power for years and will not want to hand over to some one else to try. talking about japan and argentina or russia is not a point here because all these countries are better than all the african countries and have a far better leadership than what we have here in africa despite their own problems too.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 11, 2006
So you are conclusively arguing that blacks are bad leaders?
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Eurphoria(f): 5:04am On Nov 11, 2006
sick white worship i am out
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by shango(m): 5:39am On Nov 11, 2006
you people need to stay on topic and try and argue against the points I threw out rather than hurling insults my way.

Read some of my other posts and threads before saying I have no self confidence and I am a mumu and all that jargon.

Ever heard of playing devils advocate?

anyways I am yet in this thread to hear any concrete examples of why there is not a single black nation that isnt rife with poverty and corruption and horrible government.

EVERY ARAB NATION WAS COLONIZED by the same Europeans. Yet look at the succesfull arab nations, even Lebanon, recently demolished, is rebuilding, before Israels attack they had a functioning government, economy, and they have the same secterian and tribal AND religious divisions Nigeria has. And they do not have the wealth in terms of the greatest resource on earth we do yet they surpassed us before the Israeli attack in all fronts. Not to talk of the other wealthier nations.

You guys cannot even come up with concrete tangible reasons as to why African countries, especially below the Sahara are in such bad shape. Cmon, I know we can do better than this,
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 11, 2006
If sincerely what you wanted was a discussion,you would not have titled your thread so and said half the things you said on your first posting.
People are at your behind not because they don't see the problems in Naija and Africa but because of the way you said it.

In Igboland,we have a saying.
"The one that ate the genitals of a ram,has a debt to pay to scrotal hernia"
Meaning,you caused the responses to be the way they are.
Re: We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? by shango(m): 5:53am On Nov 11, 2006
you are partly right but what was the use of all that? There are people the world over who hold the views I put forth in this thread. If you cannot counter them with reasonable arguments then we have some serious problems in self examining ourselves as Africans and how to move forward as a group in the human family.

My positions playing Devils advocates was meant to inflamme, partly to get as many responses and views in the thread as possible.

"The one that ate the genitals of a ram,has a debt to pay to scrotal hernia"

hahahaha, is that really an Igbo saying, that is just fowl grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 / Will You Support Any Law Against Polygamy? / Has The South West Made A Wrong Move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.