Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (28485 Views)

I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by FLYFIRE(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
playahata:
A lawyer turned engineer overnight. Save your eloquence for the court room abeg. Square peg in round hole!
Don't mind the idiot...the tour is just propaganda.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
abujamal:
fixed charged has been removed. On the new given to me, 100(consumption ) was multiplied by #24(#2400)

This was purchased just days ago as you can see the tariff has been increased by about 50 precent and the 750 naira charge is still there plus 440 naira as tax..

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by wakamotion: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
I weep for Nigeria. Doing things the way expecting positive result. For all the qualified, certified, engineers, technocrats in this country, buhari did not see anyone holy enough to be made a power minister, except a lawyer who knows nothing about engineering systems to be made to oversee engineering outfits? Can an engineer be a minister of Justice and justice system be in good shape? Fashola is a blind nan as far as engineering system is concerned.
The earlier we wake up the better for us

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by skuribeebo: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
Mad man. You dey USA,you dey check Nigeria problem.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
KHAYGOLD:
Kudos to Mr fashola. A problem can't be solved without understanding its cause. May God give you the knowledge to understand it and proffer a long lasting solution to it. Amen

So if he reaches there and they tell him lies, he will know exactly?

Make de guy siddon for e office make who know the work go and come give report..
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by wakamotion: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
I weep for Nigeria. Doing things the wrong way expecting positive result. For all the qualified, certified, engineers, technocrats in this country, buhari did not see anyone holy enough to be made a power minister, except a lawyer who knows nothing about engineering systems to be made to oversee engineering outfits? an still claimed he has put a round peck in a round hole? Can an engineer be a minister of Justice and justice system be in good shape? Fashola is a blind nan as far as engineering system is concerned.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by persius555(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
I still dont understand why PMB put BRF in charge of three ministries. The power sector requires a lot of attention in terms of investment and time. It might take up to eight years before any meaningful headway can be achieved in that sector.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by alheriTOJ(f): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
Alot of us are being unfair in our judgement, it would take a long time for any government to clean up the back log of rot they have to contend with. The man is tour of our power stations to better understand the problems better, give it time, things will definitely work out for our good. Criticisms are good, but some of you are being impartial, bias, blinded by ethnic divisions and just full of resentment for this government for no reason and are not willing to give them a shot. Come 2019 if you're not pleased with this government and how they've reformed thus far, endeavour to go out and vote in candidates of your choice. Until then, continue.

2 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by phlemzy: 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ahmeduana:

AND THE E-DIOT IS SAYING THAT ONLY IF NIGERIANS WILL PAY 45% TARIFF INCREASE THAT IS WHEN POWER WILL BE STABLE, WHEN HE DIDN'T KNOW THE SOURCE OF EPILEPTIC POWER SUPPLY, SO WITH WHICH YARDSTICK DID HE ARRIVED AT THE 45% INCREASE?
He used mathematical/heuristic law....D;
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by fujirice: 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
emerged01:

We should try and understand how things work sometimes. Fashola will only take decisions base on recommendations of engineers under him. It is a ministry full of engineers. For the fact,Fashola heads the ministry doesn't mean that engineers have been short-changed.
Can you say this for the Justice ministry? Or ministry of Health?

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Smooyis(m): 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
The simple solution to end epileptic power supply is to decentralize power generation and distribution and put an end to the national grid. I will explain further if they are interested.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by udemzyudex(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
mars123:
the crazy thing now is that the man is just 10 months in office, and if the power situation begins to get better now, people like you will start to swallow back their vomits with no shame whatsoever.

So we should give him 30years abi.... If u have nothing to post pls read comments.

Is 10months not enough to run a company down? If we don't complain how will they sit up? When baba entered and power was a bit constant didn't they praise him? Abeg free the guy.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Smooyis(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
wakamotion:
I weep for Nigeria. Doing things the way expecting positive result. For all the qualified, certified, engineers, technocrats in this country, buhari did not see anyone holy enough to be made a power minister, except a lawyer who knows nothing about engineering systems to be made to oversee engineering outfits? Can an engineer be a minister of Justice and justice system be in good shape? Fashola is a blind nan as far as engineering system is concerned.
Exactly my thoughts. We played politics too much with important matters. This is more reason we cannot get it right as expected.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by playahata: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
mars123:
the crazy thing now is that the man is just 10 months in office, and if the power situation begins to get better now, people like you will start to swallow back their vomits with no shame whatsoever.
There is nothing to swallow. It was under HIS watch that power plunged to 1500MW. I'm not going to give him a pat on the back for that. Please tell me who is to blame? Is it not funny to you that they promised change but giving the SAME excuses as the last administration. I will continue to criticize and not settle for mediocrity. NO SHAME IN THAT WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
oduastates:
Why do you need a tour ?
Common sense: The federal government since 1966, has spread bad governance to the western region ( I could care less about others).
Nothing the FG runs works . Take back all our western region powers , problem solved .
You know why they will avoid doing this ?
Because the western region pays over 70% of the power bills and is about the only viable power industry assuring a potential of over 90% bills recovery .
They can share the oil . We will sustain ourselves with our best resource ; the people .

True talk.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by VEE2010(m): 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
Some people have started confessing. He boasted to Nigerians that, power problem can be solved under 8 months by any serious govt yet, it took him over 8 months to realize he needs to carryout assessment tour not to talk of addressing the problem. APC, Nigerians are watching you guys on 3D lens.
mile12crises:
So you dont know the causes of epileptic power when you said......."fixing power doesnt require rocket science....i can fix it in 8 months"

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by PentiumPro(f): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:
Foolish man so it's now want to have an idea of what's happening but yet you went on to increase tariffs illegally by 50 percent and still didn't remove the 750 service charge

I use to think you are a sensible and reasonable person.
Go and read the Multi Year Tarrif Plan and the power roadmap.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
I think his explanation was a simple one even a kid wud understand what he is trying 2 convene..... I give it up 4 him he got it well documented
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by calcal: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
this man is a joke, after been in government for so long can't still understand what is going on.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by 6fit(f): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
phlemzy:
Chei!!!So power supply will only get better after Mr Fash finishes his tour?
this is what yu experience when a tailor is ask to make furniture....SAN dat is given d job of an Electrical Engineer/contractor....he will continue to tour till 4yrs elaps still we go dey experience d epileptic power failure
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by lumeneng22: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Lawyer turned engineer, make qua sure that you don't waste ouroney while touring.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by SeanDada1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
IgboGoat:
Nigeria’s Power Minister, Babatunde Fashola, has stated that he’ll do all in his power to end the epileptic power supply bedeviling the nation.

When quizzed recently by newsmen whether there would be an end to the epileptic power supply in the country, the minister noted that having been properly briefed “in papers, files and memos” since he assumed office, of the situation in the sector, he had taken it upon himself to go round the country and have an on the spot assessment of the situation.

He however noted that what he had seen so far had given him hope that there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

“This problem can be solved, it is a problem that has challenged us for a long time, not only am I going around to understand the situation, am at Ugwuaji now in Enugu, I’m going around to understand what I’m supposed to manage, I’ve been briefed in papers, in files and in memo, am going from power plants to power plants, from transmission sites to transmission sites, what I see convinces me that this problem can be solved, I’m optimistic that it can be solved, it just needs for us as a people to understand the system better and know how it works.

“I am going to be dedicating my time to breaking down all technical issues that have been sounding so heavy over decades so that the average Nigerian can understand how the system works. Our people must know that if people break down pipelines, you know that you are breaking the system, no matter how angry you are, a broken pipeline is going to affect you because you won’t have power, if people feel that the best way to secure employment for their colleagues in the union is to shut down the power plants, the truth is that they are going to hurt more people than the people they seek to protect.

“If people think that if there is a restructuring going on in any government agency, and they fear that most of their colleagues will lose work and the answer is to shut down gas stations, the truth is that more people that they seek to protect would be hurt than those they want their jobs secured, for me everybody must understand how your action or inaction affects the system, once this is done, I think I see a better tomorrow clearly,” he noted.

http://naija247news.com/2016/03/am-on-tour-to-understand-causes-of-nigerias-epileptic-power-supply-fashola/

You were appointed to fix issues in these 3 ministries!
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by hemmaoshos(m): 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oga the problem of poor power is lack of generating more power..Generate more and stop hiding under the lies of union or pipelines vandalize..To stop build generation station nearest to raw material as taught in primary school days...

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 8:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

I use to think you are a sensible and reasonable person.
Go and read the Multi Year Tarrif Plan and the power roadmap.

So am suddenly not reasonable because I have complained that despite a Senate resolution barring Fashola and his Discos from increasing the tariff they not only increase it but even refused to remove the 750 naira service charge they promised to remove ... in my home alone I used to spend 10k a month but but now I spend 20k and still have to pay that 750 naira service charge for service not recieved
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by UrbanMystique: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

My friend the 750 is still there ..I don't expect u to know because I am sure Ur guardian still pays the bills where u live
l
ediet.. My last bill. There was no 750 charges .. I'm sure you are still a kid.. Go and ask your dad.

You see that 0.0? That is where the fixed charge use to be.. Kid.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by brownsug(f): 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Amen! D NEPA in my area re waiting for d landlords to give dem roger,no problem with d power really,they re just bunch of corrupt buffoons.

KHAYGOLD:
Kudos to Mr fashola. A problem can't be solved
without understanding its cause. May God give you the knowledge to understand it and proffer a long lasting solution to it. Amen
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by UrbanMystique: 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

This was purchased just days ago as you can see the tariff has been increased by about 50 precent and the 750 naira charge is still there plus 440 naira as tax..
illiterate... That was transaction charges not fixed charges.. Damn you dumb. grin

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by wristbangle: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
KHAYGOLD:
Kudos to Mr fashola. A problem can't be solved without understanding its cause. May God give you the knowledge to understand it and proffer a long lasting solution to it. Amen

God bless you for this insightful post
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by philosopy: 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hmmm. Fashola, APC is hanging on you and your ability to deliver, we have not seen anything since the change came in, nothing..I dare anyone to list the achievements.
But, I believe Fashola is one of the few ppl that made us vote for "change" and I believe he can do some sustainable works during his tenure. I wish him the best.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by tmv10(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ajala travel all over the world!!
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by lakamua: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Icecomrade:

Amaechi how come you don't understand the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria and you all dead brain could offer you is how to criticise the the previous administration.

But wait o. Where exactly are you touring? Rivers State? I won't be surprised if you are thinking that Wike is the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

It's shameful that after 6months of your appointment your still touring to understand

#BrainDeadLeaders

na like dis one dey find so
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Achorise: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
Go round so you can appreciate Jonathan, and also know the level of sabotage he went through.

Fashola, I wish GOOD LUCK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ganduje Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe / Governor Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Celebrating Eid El Fitri / ASP Abion Hezikel Stabbed To Death As Naval, Police Officers Clash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.