Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (28501 Views)

I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
UrbanMystique:
illiterate... That was transaction charges not fixed charges.. Damn you dumb. grin

I don't blame U for not knowing that's the 750 naira charge Fashola spoke of how will U know when u owe PHCN so much money even though they send u pittance as Ur bill...Ask anyone who has a prepaid metre near u and be informed about the 750 naira the minister spoke of
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Achorise: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
Go round so you can appreciate Jonathan, and also know the level of sabotage he went through.

Fashola, I wish you GOOD LUCK!!!.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by stevedre: 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Dollyak:
That's a fair comments from him to be fair. Perhaps we can all give him a chance.

I still maintain an engineer with project and asset management background is more suitable for this role. There is a reason one of Siemens best engineer was hired to head German's energy sector.

GOD bless you in HD. They know the truth but what they do is paddy paddy government. He should have been the head of our broken legal system but i guess thats not a lucrative venture compaired to wat hes having now.Case of a farmer trying to build a house. Naija people don suffer.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by toyinid78: 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
mars123:
the crazy thing now is that the man is just 10 months in office, and if the power situation begins to get better now, people like you will start to swallow back their vomits with no shame whatsoever.
bros an architect can never construct aeroplane. Engine talkless of a lawyer becoming an engineer over nite,naija problem started wen chemist become bank manager,doctors become minster of culture,wole soyinka becomes agriculture engineer am waiting for ur own after 4yrs
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by UrbanMystique: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

I don't blame U for not knowing that's the 750 naira charge Fashola spoke of how will U know when u owe PHCN so much money even though they send u pittance as Ur bill...Ask anyone who has a prepaid metre near u and be informed about the 750 naira the minister spoke of
shut up already illiterate who cannot differentiate between fixed charges and transaction charges grin.

The price of electricity has increased by 40% and fixed charges have been completely removed.. Got to bed kid.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
UrbanMystique:
shut up already illiterate who cannot differentiate between fixed charges and transaction charges grin.

The price of electricity has increased by 40% and fixed charges have been completely removed.. Got to bed kid.

That's 750 has been the only extra charge on my prepaid bill forever ..you call me a kid when the monthly bill in my house alone is more than what u pay for 2 years ..even with the increment you are paying 1000 naira a month meaning u were paying about 600 naira in the past .. it's either u are cheating PHCN or
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
UrbanMystique:

Go and pay Ur bill U cheat
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Origin(f): 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
My suggestions sir:
Let it be compulsory for every Nigerian to get a prepaid card meter. We still haven't gotten ours.

Maybe allow each state to have autonomy over its electricity generation and distribution. (Egbin power plant- a case in point).

Make public the current PHCN in existence and the ownership structure. I know you are handicapped by funds and protocols but Nigerians need to have more visibility into public assets, structures etc, (this I know u did as gov)
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by UrbanMystique: 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

That's 750 has been the only extra charge on my prepaid bill forever ..you call me a kid when the monthly bill in my house alone is more than what u pay for 2 years ..even with the increment you are paying 1000 naira a month meaning u were paying about 600 naira in the past .. it's either u are cheating PHCN or
whatever rocks your boat. I use 50 to 60 units every month because I travel a lot and sometimes even less. Do the math or ask someone to the the math for you cos multiplication might Be too complex for you grin

For the record, fixed charge was actually 625 not 750.
Also, that was a transaction fee. Go and purchase unit directly or something, that would save you transaction charges. Dum dum.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
UrbanMystique:
whatever rocks your boat. I use 50 to 60 units every month because I travel a lot and sometimes even less. Do the math or ask someone to the the math for you cos multiplication might Be too complex for you grin

For the record, fixed charge was actually 625 not 750.
Also, that was a transaction fee. Go and purchase unit directly or something, that would sav6e you transaction charges. Dum dum.

Which 50 units when it's clear U don't have a metre instead u are conniving with PHCN rogue elements to be sending you watered down bills which u still have refused to pay up fully.. people like U are the problem with this country ..you are a big cheat
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by UrbanMystique: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

Which 50 units when it's clear U don't have a metre instead u are conniving with PHCN rogue elements to be sending you watered down bills which u still have refused to pay up fully.. people like U are the problem with this country ..you are a big cheat
I have nothing to prove to you.. Cry me a river. grin

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
UrbanMystique:
I have nothing to prove to you.. Cry me a river. grin

Tortoise
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by PentiumPro(f): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

So am suddenly not reasonable because I have complained that despite a Senate resolution barring Fashola and his Discos from increasing the tariff they not only increase it but even refused to remove the 750 naira service charge they promised to remove ... in my home alone I used to spend 10k a month but but now I spend 20k and still have to pay that 750 naira service charge for service not recieved

You are lying.
Show your bill carrying the 750 Fixed charge after the effected increase.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

You are lying.
Show your bill carrying the 750 Fixed charge after the effected increase.

see attached and notice the 750 naira service charge that has always been that way is still there ..this was days away

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by PentiumPro(f): 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:

see attached and notice the 750 naira service charge that has always been that way is still there ..this was days away

Rather than blaming Fashola for the obvious breach of agreement by your DISCO, why not simply go and lay a complaint with Nigeria Consumer Council.?

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Rather than blaming Fashola for the obvious breach of agreement by your DISCO, why not simply go and lay a complaint with Nigeria Consumer Council.?

Okay I will heed Ur advice thanks

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by akigbemaru: 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Fashola touring the states.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by kinharold(m): 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
KHAYGOLD:
Kudos to Mr fashola. A problem can't be solved without understanding its cause. May God give you the knowledge to understand it and proffer a long lasting solution to it. Amen
So you dont understand how the system works there but you have been blaming the pass government of cluelessness. Well, thank God you admitted that what you met on ground that GEJ left behind gives you hope and encouragement. Continue...
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by ebony2011(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
A course that took some people over 5 yra to study .you want finish it within one year . Good Luck .
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Jombojombo(m): 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
But he said during election that power supply is not a rocket science... So he doesn't know the rudiments involved in power generation & supply before making such statement. Obviously just to get votes!

APC will not succeed
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by slimfit1(m): 12:50am On Mar 16, 2016
playahata:
A lawyer turned engineer overnight. Save your eloquence for the court room abeg. Square peg in round hole!

He happens to have an idea than most of the engineers we have in Nigeria.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 16, 2016
playahata:
A lawyer turned engineer overnight. Save your eloquence for the court room abeg. Square peg in round hole!

You know nothing about leadership otherwise you would have made a better contribution.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by opius: 3:58am On Mar 16, 2016
As if our minister is not in this country b4 , another SHOW ... anyway we re waiting for ur findings
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by dyn1800: 6:50am On Mar 16, 2016
Barth Nnaji wanted to serve us but PDP led government hates the idea

blackfase:
Rubbish! Gej-out of our way and that Ministry Uncle Fash. No b robe and wig matter b dis.....

All we are saying, #bringbackBarthNnaji
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by dyn1800: 6:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Listen to yourself ...... You're practically placing curse on yourself ..... If The APC led government never succeed , simply put that Nigeria will not succeed...... You and I makes Nigeria ...... So let's be watchful of our choice of words

Jombojombo:
But he said during election that power supply is not a rocket science... So he doesn't know the rudiments involved in power generation & supply before making such statement. Obviously just to get votes!

APC will not succeed

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by dyn1800: 7:08am On Mar 16, 2016
I'm an engineer .... I was never born with it. A professional can be an expect in an unknown field of study. All you need is focus and determination to do it

toyinid78:
bros an architect can never construct aeroplane. Engine talkless of a lawyer becoming an engineer over nite,naija problem started wen chemist become bank manager,doctors become minster of culture,wole soyinka becomes agriculture engineer am waiting for ur own after 4yrs

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by comos: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2016
alheriTOJ:
Alot of us are being unfair in our judgement, it would take a long time for any government to clean up the back log of rot they have to contend with. The man is tour of our power stations to better understand the problems better, give it time, things will definitely work out for our good. Criticisms are good, but some of you are being impartial, bias, blinded by ethnic divisions and just full of resentment for this government for no reason and are not willing to give them a shot. Come 2019 if you're not pleased with this government and how they've reformed thus far, endeavour to go out and vote in candidates of your choice. Until then, continue.

what rot ?

Fashola met the energy sector at 4578 MW and plunged it to 1500 MW,

are we moving forward or backward ?
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mumu9gerian: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Ahmeduana:
[quote author=IgboGoat post=4379
“This problem can be solved, it is a problem that has challenged us for a long time, not only am I going around to understand the situation, am at Ugwuaji now in Enugu, I’m going around to understand what I’m supposed to manage,
SO THIS OVER HYPE E-DIOT DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING WHEN HE SLAM 45% TARIFF INCREASE ON NIGERIANS? IT SHOWS THAT HE DERIVES JOY IN MAKING NIGERIAN LIFE MISERABLE
it is sad that a lot of nairalanders are not so knowledgeable, Fashola or no Fashola, GEJ or PMB the tarrifs would still have increased. There is a multi year tarriff order that NERC is using and its clearly stated in the order.
For those clamouring for Bath Nnaji, I wonder what you people know, the basic question is did generation improve drastically.
for as long as we hover between 4GW and 5GW, there is no way we can get the adequate electricity we desire.
some people must have been robbed of electricity for I guys to have that which u consider stable at that time.
We want stable electricity, lets encourage someone who is trying to understand the root cause, I think he should be giving a chance
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mumu9gerian: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2016
comos:

what rot ?

Fashola met the energy sector at 4578 MW and plunged it to 1500 MW,

are we moving forward or backward ?
Bros generation is about 4000MW again.It's not constant.
Generation can reduce due to maintenance, vandalized pipelines and the likes, the important thing is the time it takes for it to be restored. That it was 1500 last week doesn't mean it is still 1500.
iy doesnt work that way
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by chief2006(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by jeyselassie(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
PMB is touring the whole world while fashola is touring the whole states in Nigeria . When is the touring going to end?
baba no tours are different. Fasholas own looks productive
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by jeyselassie(m): 8:14am On Mar 16, 2016
playahata:
what was the correlation of law with governance or public administration when he was governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' / Ben Bruce Compares Trump & Obasanjo: Both Are Womanisers That Like Pretty Ladies / Kankara Schoolboys Reunite With Their Parents (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.