Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (28492 Views)

I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by totorimi: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
O Lord, Nigerians should just brace up for the longest night
This man is still going round yo understand the cause of our perennial blackout at the end of a quarter of their 4 year tenure.

One would expect that he aware from the moment that he would be saddled with this portfolio but NO. he is as confused as even the party that appointed him in.
The day Nigerians begin to demand performance scorecard from the leaders on a quarterly basis then some of these guys will realise that government work is not a tea party.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by sleekymag(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
Brunel:
lol
> In the same way Buhari is on tour to understand the causes of our faulty image, low economy and underdevelopment
> It is commendable to first understand one's problem before trying to apply solutions.
> However, if a seasoned engineer knowledgeable in the technical run-ins of a Grid electrical network and distribution system were to be the minister of Power, the time, energy and resources wasted in junketing will be saved.
> There is always light at the end of the tunnel boss. In hell, there is bright fire at the end of the tunnel. In heaven, there is also bright light. In Nigeria our tunnel seem to have no end.
> You once said any serious government will fix the power in six months. Either this is a self indictment in this government or you told us a Lai grin http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/power-supply-all-homes-in-lagos-will-be-lit-in-six-months-if-fashola/
> I still believe unwavering in the Nigerian dream, no matter how strained things are getting

You can imagine, Fashola is on internship. He's not an electrical engineer and I can bet even in 18 months he won't even fully understand the nitty gritty of the system. He can be easily bamboozled by any contractor cos right now, he's a novice in this field. SMH for Buhari.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by austine911(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
I don't know if anyone in port harcourt have noticed that gas power plant in trans amadi. If I could remember it was commissioned by past government. I want to ask what's happing to that power plant is it working or just a monument cos I see it's gotten rotten. Can someone pls explain. Thanks.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Charly68: 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
Fashola!Fashola!! Fashola!!! Don't tell us you have not understood power problem before you jack up power bill in this country ! Why did you do what you did in the first instance?
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Sanchase: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
With the way things are going, it seems Nigeria is an experimental table.

Nigerians are the specimen being used in the test analysis. These politicians from Buhari, Fashola and the rest don't seem to understand the problem yet they occupy key positions.

There is no clear economic direction and strategy from this government. Everything seems to be a gamble, so much resources is being devoted to probing while the economy suffer.

Buhari might as well take up the position of minister for probing.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Ayoola171(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Icecomrade:

Amaechi how come you don't understand the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria and you all dead brain could offer you is how to criticise the the previous administration.

But wait o. Where exactly are you touring? Rivers State? I won't be surprised if you are thinking that Wike is the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

It's shameful that after 6months of your appointment your still touring to understand

#BrainDeadLeaders

Off point.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by oshiiteoku: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Na wetin u dey do since now? U never sabi the problem and u increase tarrif,pls we are sick and tired of dogo turenchi,prove to Nigerians that u are really the messiah of light they have been waiting for
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Ricmayak1: 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
So the cause of power problem was unknown when you said tariff should be increased. God will deliver the poor.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mikolo80: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
KAYNINI:

and neglect all the research done and do mine again
do you know how many tours have been done before now!
i bet you don't know we don't have money in Nigeria

AND ALLOW THE ENGINEERS TO COOK PROBLEMS UP
I USED TO THINK LIKE YOU UNTIL I HAD PRIVILEGE OF GOING TO KAINJI TO SPEAK TO THEIR ENGINEERS
YOU ACTUALLY SEE REDUCE WATER LEVEL OF THE RIVER NIGER AND THE NON FUNCTIONING TURBINES
IT CAN NEVER BE LIKE A BRIEFING
NOTHING LIKE SEEING IT FOR YOURSELF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mikolo80: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
KAYNINI:

and neglect all the research done and do mine again
do you know how many tours have been done before now!
i bet you don't know we don't have money in Nigeria

I USED TO THINK LIKE YOU UNTIL I HAD PRIVILEGE OF GOING TO KAINJI TO SPEAK TO THEIR ENGINEERS
YOU ACTUALLY SEE REDUCE WATER LEVEL OF THE RIVER NIGER AND THE NON FUNCTIONING TURBINES
ITS LIKE BEING TOLD THAT THINGS ARE BAD IN THE USA
YOU CAN NEVER VISUALISE IT UNLESS YOU GO THERE AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW DIRE THE SITUATION IS AND HOW URGENT YOUR RESPONSE NEEDS TO BE
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by KAYNINI(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
mikolo80:

i actually participated in one of the researches

and it was supervised by a very upright man

there's a wealth of findings in the archives there - everything that engineer must have told you is actually recorded
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by bejeria101(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
Your president dey waka waka,you dey tour,make una continue!
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Jimi23(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
He is still on page 1 of a very gigantic text book. Why didn't Buhari just appoint someone who is already conversant with the dynamics of epileptic power supply in the country instead of sentimental appointments? Fashola says he is just about "understanding the cause" yet he has been receiving his salary as a serving and "working" Minister. What work exactly has he then been doing to justify the huge amount he receives monthly? If he is just about embarking on the journey of "understanding the cause" what century do we have to wait for for him to proffer solutions? RUBBISH!
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by babino22: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
But when will Nigerians start genuinely praying for their leaders and their country.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mudiana(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
Icecomrade:

Amaechi how come you don't understand the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria and you all dead brain could offer you is how to criticise the the previous administration.

But wait o. Where exactly are you touring? Rivers State? I won't be surprised if you are thinking that Wike is the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

It's shameful that after 6months of your appointment your still touring to understand

#BrainDeadLeaders

na wa o! when did Ameachi become power minister? this man, u too sabi read upside down oh

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Ejanla11(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
these guys are just chopping travelling allowances anyhow shocked shocked shocked
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by sleekymag(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
enigma2007:
With some of the comments that i am seeing above, i can see why most of our youths are not employable or work for people that exploit them mercilessly or run down their businesses.

You all need to know that administrators are not necessarily technical expert(s) in a field though he or she is allowed to know enough in order to be able to make decisions or contribute to discussions that will add values to the bottom-line.

Administrators are not necessarily technical experts but more often than not they have experience in that chosen field they're drafted into. Fashola's experience with IPP projects while he was governor is very limited to be considered for a position as the minister of power, not to talk of housing and works. The time he'll take to deliver would be longer(if he has good people working with him, and not sabotaged), he can easily be sold dummies, or bamboozled, or worse still trust less cos he's unsure of facts he's been presented with, and hence, reduce operational efficiency that ought to be possible. However, he's a man that I think would mean well. Nigeria has more competent people by the way.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by aribisala0(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
playahata:
A lawyer turned engineer overnight. Save your eloquence for the court room abeg. Square peg in round hole!
With respect your comment is VERY wrong . The energy minister in Germany is a politician who used to be a high school teacher.
In the UK she studied history

They have had lawyers in the past in the US.

Ultimately the job is a POLITICAL ONE not a technical one

3 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by abujamal: 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
idupaul:
Foolish man so it's now want to have an idea of what's happening but yet you went on to increase tariffs illegally by 50 percent and still didn't remove the 750 service charge
fixed charged has been removed. On the new given to me, 100(consumption ) was multiplied by #24(#2400)

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Ahmeduana(m): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
[quote author=IgboGoat post=4379
“This problem can be solved, it is a problem that has challenged us for a long time, not only am I going around to understand the situation, am at Ugwuaji now in Enugu, I’m going around to understand what I’m supposed to manage,
SO THIS OVER HYPE E-DIOT DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING WHEN HE SLAM 45% TARIFF INCREASE ON NIGERIANS? IT SHOWS THAT HE DERIVES JOY IN MAKING NIGERIAN LIFE MISERABLE
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by emerged01(m): 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
fujirice:
Spoken like a true minister. Not like the other one that quarrels with newsmen because they did not lick his butt.

Meanwhile, we engineers have been seriously short-changed in this country. I see no reason why works ministry in particular will always be handled by non-engineers. It's bad for our country

We should try and understand how things work sometimes. Fashola will only take decisions base on recommendations of engineers under him. It is a ministry full of engineers. For the fact,Fashola heads the ministry doesn't mean that engineers have been short-changed.

2 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by bitingcool: 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
klax:
Can you imagine a silly statement from a silly SAN still touring 9 months of darkness and still touring Fashola or what did you call your name I'm ashame of you.

Anyway that is result of putting round peg is square hole because I don't understand how can a SAN become power minister I don't really know.

Fashola or fashameless keep touring ok you hear. And Amaechi the minister for Driver and Garage touts in River state to fight for election, fayemi touring Africa, Kachukwu we can not refine but buy fuel from outside, finance minister could not write common budget this us serious and shameful.

Inasmuch as I'll keep rooting for #bringbackBarthNnaji, please note that competence in his area of delegation transcends engineering knowledge. He can delegate and appoint suitable hands to fix the problem.

The only challenge is there is little time for trial and error and touring.. The Economy urgently needs power (electricity) to successfully achieve the 'Buy made in Nigeria' plan. Barth Nnaji, somehow, was able to conquer the #blackout demon when he was a Minister. He should be brought back to do it again.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Hydy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is where I lose my last respect for this man. After ranting about fixing power in 6 months just to condemn the last administration, turns out he's as clueless as a pipe. We politicise everything in this country. Instead of having experienced and sound minds in the right offices, all we have is a bunch of monkeys who are busy trying to learn on the job. I just wonder what this man wrote in the budget. Tragic!
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by chinchum(m): 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
KAYNINI:

i actually participated in one of the researches

and it was supervised by a very upright man

there's a wealth of findings in the archives there - everything that engineer must have told you is actually recorded

if it is true you have participated in research before, then you should know about qualitative and quantitative body of knowledge. The minister has chosen both, i cant see why some are crying for a 100 days + minister whose budget has not been passed to move mountain kilimanjaro. It is sheer hypocricy to be complaining .

2 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Ahmeduana(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
phlemzy:
Chei!!!So power supply will only get better after Mr Fash finishes his tour?
AND THE E-DIOT IS SAYING THAT ONLY IF NIGERIANS WILL PAY 45% TARIFF INCREASE THAT IS WHEN POWER WILL BE STABLE, WHEN HE DIDN'T KNOW THE SOURCE OF EPILEPTIC POWER SUPPLY, SO WITH WHICH YARDSTICK DID HE ARRIVED AT THE 45% INCREASE?
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Kassidy90(m): 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Icecomrade:

#BrainDeadLeaders

Fashola not Amaechi Sir, #BrainDeadComment

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by enigma2007(m): 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
sleekymag:

Administrators are not necessarily technical experts but more often than not they have experience in that chosen field they're drafted into. Fashola's experience with IPP projects while he was governor is very limited to be considered for a position as the minister of power, not to talk of housing and works. The time he'll take to deliver would be longer(if he has good people working with him, and not sabotaged), he can easily be sold dummies, or bamboozled, or worse still trust less cos he's unsure of facts he's been presented with, and hence, reduce operational efficiency that ought to be possible. However, he's a man that I think would mean well. Nigeria has more competent people by the way.

I understand your position perfectly. Fashola in my opinion is trying to reduce the gap in his limited knowledge so as not to get bamboozled anyhow as you rightly pointed out hence the tour of the facilities under his purview. There might be an initial drag but i expect things to pick up later on if he doesn't get sabotaged.

I for one want to know the root cause of our epileptic power supply grin

My initial post was for people that turn every issue into emotional or tribal or political warfare.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by spoilerx: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is the reason they should have gotten a sound engineer with years of experience like Barth Nnaji
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by aribisala0(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
I am 100 % sure Dangote is not a geologist and did not study cement in school those who did work for him
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by chinchum(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ahmeduana:
[quote author=IgboGoat post=4379
“This problem can be solved, it is a problem that has challenged us for a long time, not only am I going around to understand the situation, am at Ugwuaji now in Enugu, I’m going around to understand what I’m supposed to manage,
SO THIS OVER HYPE E-DIOT DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING WHEN HE SLAM 45% TARIFF INCREASE ON NIGERIANS? IT SHOWS THAT HE DERIVES JOY IN MAKING NIGERIAN LIFE MISERABLE
he has nothing to do with tariff increase, the distribution companies are the one who increased tariff, it was based on an agreement signed with FG years back, termed multi year tariff order, there has been a gradual tariff increase since the last administration , this increment is the last , in fact , based on the agreement tariff must begin to slide down two years from now. FG has privatised Distribution and generations of the power sector, it is only left with the transmission, which it intends to privatise soon.

Stop writing shiit you have no knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by FmO4(m): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
[quote author=Icecomrade post=43797722][b]

[color=#990000]Amaechi how come you don't understand the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria and you all dead brain could offer you is how to criticise the the previous administration.

Do u even go to sch at all not to talk of knowing how to read,We are discussing Minstry of Power (Fashola to be precise),does this have anything to do with Ministry of Transportation of Rotimi Amaechi?u better go back to primary sch and learn hw to write and read.

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by hucienda: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Dollyak:
That's a fair comments from him to be fair. Perhaps we can all give him a chance.

I still maintain an engineer with project and asset management background is more suitable for this role. There is a reason one of Siemens best engineer was hired to head German's energy sector.
Are you one?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law / 3 Dead As Youths Clash With Police In Anambra (Pics, Video) / Emir Sanusi's Daughter Set To Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.