Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (28494 Views)

I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by comos: 8:27am On Mar 16, 2016
mumu9gerian:

Bros generation is about 4000MW again.It's not constant.
Generation can reduce due to maintenance, vandalized pipelines and the likes, the important thing is the time it takes for it to be restored. That it was 1500 last week doesn't mean it is still 1500.
iy doesnt work that way

upon all the Gas Pipeline vandalism been sponsored by APC, power generation never drop to 1500 mw during GEJ era,

What is fashola touring ?, I thought all the power Generating station have been privatized.

his he telling them how to run their plant ?
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by KAYNINI(m): 8:45am On Mar 16, 2016
chinchum:
if it is true you have participated in research before, then you should know about qualitative and quantitative body of knowledge. The minister has chosen both, i cant see why some are crying for a 100 days + minister whose budget has not been passed to move mountain kilimanjaro. It is sheer hypocricy to be complaining .

now i strongly feel you've lost objectivity
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by thespokenword: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2016
On tour after 10 months of APC in government. Ten years reharsing the demonstration of madeness ,so what time is there available to practice ?
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by chinchum(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2016
KAYNINI:

[s]now i strongly feel you've lost objectivity[/s]
bollocks , what do you know about objectivity?
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by KAYNINI(m): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2016
chinchum:
bollocks , what do you know about objectivity?

have a nice day sir
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2016
Thatz all he can do, tour round the nation in search of d cause of the epileptic power supply bewildering the nation. How can u preside over what u don't understand. Fashola knowz nothing about electricity generation, distribution and supply. He don't understand a bit of what is goin on in dat area, have u noticed how confused he has been of late? Square peg in a round hole. There are over a hundred professors of Power system engineering who has traveled round the world and knows how these things works both in theory and practice, yet this confused govt decided to make a lawyer a minister of power, Shame on Nigeria, Shame on PMB, shame on APC
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mikeapollo: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
IgboGoat:
Nigeria’s Power Minister, Babatunde Fashola, has stated that he’ll do all in his power to end the epileptic power supply bedeviling the nation.

When quizzed recently by newsmen whether there would be an end to the epileptic power supply in the country, the minister noted that having been properly briefed “in papers, files and memos” since he assumed office, of the situation in the sector, he had taken it upon himself to go round the country and have an on the spot assessment of the situation.

He however noted that what he had seen so far had given him hope that there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

“This problem can be solved, it is a problem that has challenged us for a long time, not only am I going around to understand the situation, am at Ugwuaji now in Enugu, I’m going around to understand what I’m supposed to manage, I’ve been briefed in papers, in files and in memo, am going from power plants to power plants, from transmission sites to transmission sites, what I see convinces me that this problem can be solved, I’m optimistic that it can be solved, it just needs for us as a people to understand the system better and know how it works.

“I am going to be dedicating my time to breaking down all technical issues that have been sounding so heavy over decades so that the average Nigerian can understand how the system works. Our people must know that if people break down pipelines, you know that you are breaking the system, no matter how angry you are, a broken pipeline is going to affect you because you won’t have power, if people feel that the best way to secure employment for their colleagues in the union is to shut down the power plants, the truth is that they are going to hurt more people than the people they seek to protect.

“If people think that if there is a restructuring going on in any government agency, and they fear that most of their colleagues will lose work and the answer is to shut down gas stations, the truth is that more people that they seek to protect would be hurt than those they want their jobs secured, for me everybody must understand how your action or inaction affects the system, once this is done, I think I see a better tomorrow clearly,” he noted.

http://naija247news.com/2016/03/am-on-tour-to-understand-causes-of-nigerias-epileptic-power-supply-fashola/

A foolish country with incompetent people handling very critical sectors!
We have had problems with power/electricity for over forty years, and a clueless minister is just going on a useless, money-gulping tour to ''understand' the problem.
Let me ask, what plans can he marshal to fix the problem after the time wasting tour?
There are competent engineers that can do this job e.g. Bart Nnaji, but Buhari decided to give job to APC boys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: We Will Declare Free Education For All When We Take Over – PDP / Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race / ASP Abion Hezikel Stabbed To Death As Naval, Police Officers Clash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.