Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Who Was The First Muslim - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Was The First Muslim (6326 Views)

Who Was The First Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2009
excerpts from surah 7:

10 It is we who have placed you with authority on earth, and in it provided you with means for the fulfilment of your life: small are the thanks that you give.

11[b] It is we who created you and gave you chap; than we bade the angels bow down to Adam,[/b] and they bowed down; not so Iblis; he refused to be of those who bow down.

12 Allah said: What prevented you from bowing down when I commanded you? He said: I am better than he: you created me from fire, and him from clay.

13 Allah said: Get down from here: it is not for you to be arrogant here: get out, for you are of the lowest of creatures.

14 He said: Give me respite until the day they are raised up.

15 Allah said: Be among those who have respite.

16 He said: Because you have thrown me out of the way, I will lie in wait for them on your straight way:

17 Then will I assault them from in front and behind them, from their right and their left. Nor will you find, in most of them, gratitude.

18 Allah said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow you, hell will I fill with you all.

19 O Adam! Dwell in the garden, you and your wife, and enjoy as you wish: but approach not this tree or you run into harm and transgression.

20 Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, in order to reveal to them their shame that was hidden from them: he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest you should become angels or such beings as live forever."

21 And he swore to them both that he was their sincere adviser.

22 So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called to them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy to you?"

23 They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: if you forgive us not and bestow not upon us your mercy, we shall certainly be lost."

24 Allah said: "Get down, with enmity between you.[1] On earth will be your dwelling place and your means of livelihood -- for a time."

25 He said: "In it shall you live, and in it shall you die; but from it shall you be taken out."

26 O children of Adam! We shall have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness -- that is the best. Such are among the signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

27 O children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as he got your parents out of the garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where you cannot see them. We made the demons friends to those without faith.

28 When they do anything that is shameful, they say: "We found our fathers doing so"; and "Allah commanded us thus;" say: "No, Allah never commands what is shameful: do you say of Allah what you know not?"

29 Say: "My Lord has commanded justice; and that you set your whole selves at every time and place of prayer, and call upon him, making your devotion sincere as in his sight: Such as he created you in the beginning, so shall you return."

30 Some he has guided: others have deserved the loss of their way; in that they took the demons, in preference to Allah, for their friends and protectors, and think that they receive guidance.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by olabowale(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
@$Osisi:  Re;« #21 on: Today at 05:29:41 PM »  
Let me leave the issue of Adam for a while,we shall return to it.
Yaa Muslimu, leave this "young girl" in the tradition of "young/youth (girl)" of the messenger (AS) to me. She needs a strong hand to manhandle her! I am here to do the job. lol.

1.Please tell the readers if Islam then predates Judaism and Christianity ,with proof please.
Yes. It does predates Judaism, and Christianity. Just like education, in general predates University as an institution of higher learning so does Islam predates both Judaism and Christianity.

2.Please show us evidence(outside of the Koran's claim) that the prophets of old were Muslims
First, we must know that Ibrahim, who came after Noah (AS jamia'a), was not a Jew, tribally or religiously. He couldnt have been, since the term Israelites predates both Judaism and Jew, religiously and ethnic identification. It is clear then that Ibrahim was not an Israelite, since only Israelites are children of Israel, Jacob, who was a grandson of Ibrahim! This is enough to knock Judaism and Christianity out of the box, when it comes to religious identity of father Ibrahim. We also know that Ibrahim ran away from Idolatry society and their worship. He didnt start another of his own, for sure, otherwise he would never have been referred as the father of faith. Finally, we still have not addressed the fact that all the three so called monotheist religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity always claim to be Ibrahimic faiths. If he was not a jew by ethnicity and by religion and christianity came after Judaism, anyway, then the only one still in the running is Islam, as his religion. We also realise that there was no religion that was termed to be tune of solely worshipping The God prior to any of the three.

3, when the Koran talked of Christians and Jews and their prophets,please tell us the exact prophets the Koran was referring to
Judaism does not have any prophet. Jewish tribes, if you mean, is under the children of Israel, sons of Israel/Jacob. You cant tell me that these prophets had a religion that is different fro what Ibrahim had, otherwise the Ibrahimic relationship of prophethood will fall flat on its face, because the covenant will not hold for his children, even from Isiaqa then! But alas, they do circumcise. At least they have the sign of the covenant, but do they keep the original covenant, all of it? Obvious;y, Chritianit and Christians do not have any prophet. the last of Jewish blood/children of Israel blood prophet, Jesus son of Mary wa already lifted up before christianity was so formed ornamed.

By the way, when I say Jew, it is now assumed that the name of Israel i now jew or all his children are from the tribe of Judah. Both assumption is wrong. But why do the Jews and the Christians accept this? When the muslim use the word Jew/Yahuud, it is in a mocery. But when we honor them we say Bani Israel, the reason the prophets and believers among them were and still referred as bani Israil.

a true polygamist, has no wife!!!, He has plenty of women

~boladonas
You need to tell boladonas that one is taking to task on religion. Now, I will be waiting for your Adam portion of ti discusssion.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2009
17.61     Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": They bowed down except Iblis: He said, "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"

17:62 He said: "Seest Thou? this is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway - all but a few!"

17:63 (Allah) said: "Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all)- an ample recompense.

17:64 "Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

17:65 "As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.

17:66 Your Lord is He That maketh the Ship go smoothly for you through the sea, in order that ye may seek of his Bounty. For he is unto you most Merciful.

17:67 When distress seizes you at sea, those that ye call upon - besides Himself - leave you in the lurch! but when He brings you back safe to land, ye turn away (from Him). Most ungrateful is man!

17:68 Do ye then feel secure that He will not cause you to be swallowed up beneath the earth when ye are on land, or that He will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones) so that ye shall find no one to carry out your affairs for you?

17:69 Or do ye feel secure that He will not send you back a second time to sea and send against you a heavy gale to drown you because of your ingratitude, so that ye find no helper. Therein against Us?

17:70 We have honoured the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favours, above a great part of our creation.

17:71 One day We shall call together all human beings with their (respective) Imams: those who are given their record in their right hand will read it (with pleasure), and they will not be dealt with unjustly in the least.

17:72 But those who were blind in this world, will be blind in the hereafter, and most astray from the Path.

17:73 And their purpose was to tempt thee away from that which We had revealed unto thee, to substitute in our name something quite different; (in that case), behold! they would certainly have made thee (their) friend!

Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2009
biko answer my simple questions now,not all this Koran texts
haba
[size=48pt]does Islam predate Judaism and Christianity[/size]
My patience has moved to longsuffering
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi:  Re;« #21 on: Today at 05:29:41 PM »   Yaa Muslimu, leave this "young girl" in the tradition of "young/youth (girl)" of the messenger (AS) to me. She needs a strong hand to manhandle her! I am here to do the job. lol.

Yes. It does predates Judaism, and Christianity. Just like education, in general predates University as an institution of higher learning so does Islam predates both Judaism and Christianity.

First, we must know that Ibrahim, who came after Noah (AS jamia'a), was not a Jew, tribally or religiously. He couldnt have been, since the term Israelites predates both Judaism and Jew, religiously and ethnic identification. It is clear then that Ibrahim was not an Israelite, since only Israelites are children of Israel, Jacob, who was a grandson of Ibrahim! This is enough to knock Judaism and Christianity out of the box, when it comes to religious identity of father Ibrahim. We also know that Ibrahim ran away from Idolatry society and their worship. He didnt start another of his own, for sure, otherwise he would never have been referred as the father of faith. Finally, we still have not addressed the fact that all the three so called monotheist religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity always claim to be Ibrahimic faiths. If he was not a jew by ethnicity and by religion and christianity came after Judaism, anyway, then the only one still in the running is Islam, as his religion. We also realise that there was no religion that was termed to be tune of solely worshipping The God prior to any of the three.

Judaism does not have any prophet. Jewish tribes, if you mean, is under the children of Israel, sons of Israel/Jacob. You cant tell me that these prophets had a religion that is different fro what Ibrahim had, otherwise the Ibrahimic relationship of prophethood will fall flat on its face, because the covenant will not hold for his children, even from Isiaqa then! But alas, they do circumcise. At least they have the sign of the covenant, but do they keep the original covenant, all of it? Obvious;y, Chritianit and Christians do not have any prophet. the last of Jewish blood/children of Israel blood prophet, Jesus son of Mary wa already lifted up before christianity was so formed ornamed.

By the way, when I say Jew, it is now assumed that the name of Israel i now jew or all his children are from the tribe of Judah. Both assumption is wrong. But why do the Jews and the Christians accept this? When the muslim use the word Jew/Yahuud, it is in a mocery. But when we honor them we say Bani Israel, the reason the prophets and believers among them were and still referred as bani Israil.

You need to tell boladonas that one is taking to task on religion. Now, I will be waiting for your Adam portion of ti discusssion.

You have talked a whole bunch of bull (forgive my language),I don't know how else to describe it.
But towing your line that Christians and Jews had no prophets,who did Mohammed refer to on his death bed?

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 660: Narrated 'Aisha and Ibn 'Abbas:

On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his-face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (By that) he intended to warn (the Muslim) from what they (i.e. Jews and Christians) had done.

was mohammed also lying since you already declared aisha lied about her age in the other hadith
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
$osisi:

haba

still waiting for a yes or no answer
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2009
can't you read?

17:62    He said: "Seest Thou? this is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway - all but a few!"

therein are the roots of christianity and judaism

abeg post whatever overused argument you have culled from the net and get on with it  tongue
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by GEW: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
$osisi:

haba

olabs  why not answer now i see u online

where is my lagosboy he doesnt disappoint in matters like this.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
I don't even want to delve into texts that make a mockery of the Koran's claims
Texts that predate the koran by hundreds of years.
let's start with mohammeds reference to the prophets of Judaism and Christianity.
Olabowole says there were none
again I ask,who is right,you or Mohammed
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

can't you read?

therein are the roots of christianity and judaism

abeg post whatever overused argument you have culled from the net and get on with it  tongue

Read what?
I still don't see my answer
[size=48pt]Does Islam predate Judaism and Christianity[/size]
please answer that simple question
abi you no sabi talk again?

buzzing abuzola has disappeared
Muhsin quietly logged off and headed to mushin
Olabs is dancing around the Mango tree

una don get tongue tie
and OYB FYI,the arguments here are mine
the only thing I copy are the references  grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2009
if you take the time to read what i posted, instead of chafing at the bit to unleash your seasoned copy and paste, you will find that the verses indicated that the worship of Allah predates judaism and christianity.

since you are filled with the spirit, it is obvious that you cannot comprehend what i posted tongue
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

if you take the time to read what i posted, instead of chafing at the bit to unleash your seasoned copy and paste, you will find that the verses indicated that the worship of Allah predates judaism and christianity.

since you are filled with the spirit, it is obvious that you cannot comprehend what i posted tongue

Is the worship allah the same as Islam?

I'm asking these questions so I can comfortably quote you as I go along.
You've been unable to answer affirmatively that Islam predates Judaism and Christianity but instead you tell me "worship of allah" predates Judaism and Christianity.
In order words does Islam predate Judaism and Christianity?

why can't you folks be straightforward?
Is it against the worship of allah ?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by olabowale(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
@Davidylan: « #3 on: Today at 04:02:04 AM »  
i hear it was Adam . . . anyone know where he hid his mat and kettle?
Thanks (young girl $Osisi; I like the title on you, just like the Prophet (AS) liked it on young girl. lol), for telling davidylan to leave the muslims to answer the question. David, I heard that the disciples and then Paul were the first set of Christians. I wonder if you know where they kept their choir drums and organ, and where they did their singing of hymns? Two can play this came. Lol.

Did you perform the water surface look at sunset? Summer will end soon, you know!  

@$Osisi:
On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his-face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (By that) he intended to warn (the Muslim) from what they (i.e. Jews and Christians) had done.
Dont worry about your saying bull. You are within your rights. Now show me, anywhere the Prophet says that the prophets of bani Israil are either religious Jews or religious Christians? When he cuesred the Jewsand the Christians, did you see the prophets as parts of those whom he cursed? Why did he honor them at all, then? You must have just performed a heart operation, hence your heart is heavy!

non prophets?
I repeat, no prophet is Jewish or Christian by religion! Thiefof heart, come tell $Osisi what I just said. Maybe woman to woman, she will understand you, since this man is too muvh for her.

And $Osisi, you read my statement, and you could not defend your poition against mine, about Ibrahim, and you are jumping on an immovable truck as your transport? Where is it going to get you; the broken down junk that is? Abeg commot.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
abeg get on with your argument and lets take it from there. lets see waht misinterpretation/lost in translation you will hit us with this time 'old matron' tongue
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2009
On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his-face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (By that) he intended to warn (the Muslim) from what they (i.e. Jews and Christians) had done

olabowale's response to the above

Now show me, anywhere the Prophet says that the prophets of bani Israil are either religious Jews or religious Christians? When he cuesred the Jewsand the Christians, did you see the prophets as parts of those whom he cursed? Why did he honor them at all, then? You must have just performed a heart operation, hence your heart is heavy!

So the prophets Mohammed talked about above were Jews and Christians but not religious Jews and Christians?
so you now agree that Jews and Christians have prophets but they were not religious ones? shocked shocked
You can't confuse me with many words.
You told us here loud and clear that the Judaism and Christianity had no prophets and that all prophets old were Muslims and I asked what prophets Mohammed meant by the quotation above then you swing around and tell me they were non religious Jewish and Christian prophets shocked shocked shocked
alhaji older man no suppose dey lie like little children na
haba!
leave the lies to abuzola and oyb them
you needed a lie to cover a lie abi?
let me give you a chance to rephrase that lie to a believable lie
meanwhile answer the question I have emboldened like a million times
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

abeg get on with your argument and lets take it from there. lets see waht misinterpretation/lost in translation you will hit us with this time 'old matron' tongue

I won't proceed if no Muslim on this site is bold enough to answer that simple question.
I'll rather the thread ends here so that anyone reading will know who the fraudulent one is
Allah or Mohammed.
back to work
when I log back on,there'd better be some Muslims with balls to answer that simple question.
Odabo!

but before I depart for a season,make una no scatter the thread and cause it to be locked
The topic is a simple one
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by olabowale(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
@$Osisi: « #43 on: Today at 07:15:27 PM »  
Yes. In igbo language He is Bhukwu. or Chineke! In yoruba language He is Oluwa, Olorun, Eledumare, etc.

I'm asking these questions so I can comfortably quote you as I go along.
You've benn unable to answer affirmatively that Islam predates Judaism and Christianity but instead you tell me "worship of allah" predates Judaism and Christianity.
In order words does Islam predate Judaism and Christianity?
Yes, yes and yes! And He is Allah, and not the lower case. If anyone worships the Creator in the directives giving by the prophet (as) whose prophetic time they lived/live in, that is Islam and it is the worship of Allah.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
i have answered your question - it simply is not the answer that fits into your 'bombshell'   tongue tongue

let me put it to you in simple terms -

if you read through, you will find that Adam was worshipping Allah

in the same way the jews were worshipping Allah, but like the christians they went astray what more do you want?  
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2009
Ok Olabs and OYb
In a nut shell Islam aka the worship of allah predates Judaism and Christianity?

Olabs please just say yes yes and yes again
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

i have answered your question - it simply is not the answer that fits into your 'bombshell' tongue tongue

in the same way the jews were worshipping Allah, but like the christians they went astray what more do you want?

sharap grin
you've been fearful to answer my question all along grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2009
the first muslim was mohammad.

Adam was no muslim . . . to simply say that a muslim is one who submits his will to God is foolish. What "will" are we talking about?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

if you take the time to read what i posted, instead of chafing at the bit to unleash your seasoned copy and paste, you will find that the verses  indicated that the worship of Allah predates judaism and christianity.

since you are filled with the spirit, it is obvious that you cannot comprehend what i posted   tongue

no they dont, that's being dishonest which really is what islam is all about really. Those verses where written hundreds even thousands of yrs AFTER the jewish laws had been well established in the torah. hundreds of yrs AFTER the gospels or the letters of the NT.

The quranic verses are not ancient scripts that  mohammad found and put together . . . they are alleged "revelations" he got in AD 600s. About 500yrs AFTER the death and resurrection of Christ.

You cant write a "Verse" in the yr 2009 and then claim it predates a verse that appeared in 1709.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Abuzola(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
Osisi, you are pretexting to fill ur desire. Olabowale had answered ur question. For me am not a fool to be drag to ur level, once i answer the question or someone did, no mara.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2009
i chose worshipping Allah because the five pillars of Islam as it is practised today were not necessary at that time

no makkah for hajj - for instance

no Prophet Muhammed at that instance

no poor to give zakat

no clear need for fasting or five daily prayers

kapish ? tongue
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi: « #43 on: Today at 07:15:27 PM »   Yes. .

Yes, yes and yes! And He is Allah, and not the lower case. If anyone worships the Creator in the directives giving by the prophet (as) whose prophetic time they lived/live in, that is Islam and it is the worship of Allah.

I almost missed that part.
I thought I got my answer grin
so the Islam practiced by Abraham and Jacob  (by your claim) is different from the Islam of Mohammed since it differs according to dispensation
am I correct?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

i have answered your question - it simply is not the answer that fits into your 'bombshell'   tongue tongue

that's false. besides mohammad's claims there is NO OTHER recorded proof or archeological proof that this ever took place. It makes absolutely no sense that Adam was worshipping allah while neither Seth nor Noah did.

There is also the oft repeated muslim lie that Abraham was worshipping allah too. Well we know that's also false . . . Isaac NEVER worshipped this allah, Jacob didnt . . . Judah did not . . . neither did the Jews.

Are levitical priests also part of the worship of this allah? Did allah ask for the blood of bulls and goats to be sacrificed to him once a yr? Did allah commission moses to build an ark of the covenant? why is this allah worship COMPLETELY ABSENT from the history of EVERYONE ELSE before mohammad? Surely allah's memory can not so easily be wiped out no?

Making claims is easy.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

i chose worshipping Allah because the five pillars of Islam as it is practised today were not necessary at that time

no poor to give zakat

kapish ? tongue

again this is false. Because the children of Israel were doing this consistently as part of the commandments of Moses.

1. They went up to offer sacrifices in Jerusalem EVERY YR. A form of pilgrimmage.

2. They had prophets . . . too numerous to mention.

3. They gave to the poor.

4. We have numerous instances of congregational fasts ordered either by the Lord or Israelite leaders in repentance. Ezra's fast is a clear example.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

this again is FALSE. Everyone seems to have gone astray . . . that is allah's convenient excuse to why no one seems to ever remember anyone else being a muslim before mohammad.

David was a man after God's own heart . . . where did he go astray?
Daniel found favour with God, ditto for the three hebrew children . . . where and when did they go astray?
Elijah called fire from on high and was a prophet to the Lord . . . when did he go astray?
Elisha's bones raised the dead . . . did he go astray too?
Jeremiah, Isaiah, John the Baptist . . . when did these Jewish prophets (that islam also falsely claims) go astray?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyb:

no poor to give zakat

kapish ? tongue

Really?
so there was an old testament of Islam when the kabbah,fasting ,hajj and zakat were not necessary?
and those who didn't observe thenm were still called Muslims? shocked shocked shocked
This is a new one for me o
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
no they dont, that's being dishonest which really is what islam is all about really. Those verses where written hundreds even thousands of yrs AFTER the jewish laws had been well established in the torah. hundreds of yrs AFTER the gospels or the letters of the NT.

The quranic verses are not ancient scripts that  mohammad found and put together . . . they are alleged "revelations" he got in AD 600s. About 500yrs AFTER the death and resurrection of Christ.

You cant write a "Verse" in the yr 2009 and then claim it predates a verse that appeared in 1709.

if as you claim, the Quran was ripped off the bible, why were all those heinous deeds attributed to prophets in your bible omitted - surely including them would have served the purpose of the religion of peace as you like to call it - i mean come on - what would be better than copying the exhortations to kill even the trees  tongue

read Suratul Fatiah

guide us to the right path
the path of those You have favored
and not the path of those who have earned Your anger (the jews)
or those who have gone astray (the christians)

therein lies the answer to your noise - both of you rewrote the scripture - one of you went as far as to turn a Prophet into a diety  tongue
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by olabowale(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2009
@$Osisi: « #46 on: Today at 07:24:50 PM »  
On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his-face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (By that) he intended to warn (the Muslim) from what they (i.e. Jews and Christians) had done
Give me a single grave of a Christian prophet that Prophet Muhammad (AS) referred to? THis is your assignment!

To help you undertand the above ahadith; the children of Israel ave 12 nations, and n their own, they phaed out 11 and their original name, Children of Israel for the more simple Jew as the new name. All the prophets that came after Jacob, Isarel except Muhammad (A_ came from the 12 branches of his sons. For example Moses and his brother Aaron, were Levite! Yet Jesus was not. Joseph being the first prophet from the Children of Israel, while Jesus was the last of them. Now, if Jesus was not a christian prophet except you call him one. He neither started a religion nor did he advocate for a shear from what he, Zakarayyah and John observed!

If it was a Jewish religion that he practiced, like tht of the present Jews of today, or Christianity like that which you practice today, or a form of Judaism that the defiants were practicing as he was preaching, he would not have told them about a specific path: Hear,Oh Israel, your Lord and my Lord is but One God! His admotion about them not cancelling out the prophets of old and their laws are clear indications that he saw what they were practicing at that time different from what the past prophets practiced. He admonished them to return to the ways of the old prophets, which he himself was on, as well. Finally, he worship by cleansing himself properly and them bowing his face in the garden of geshemane (salah), and cried making petition (dua, dhikr) to his Lord God; Eloi (Allah)!

$Osisi, what are you talking about? Take of the scrub and attend to serioud matter. Commot.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
Thank you david
I gave them a long rope and they hung themselves with it but I was taking it slow
to prove once again that allah was a fraud concocted in the mind of Mohammed
Thanks for cutting to the chase and telling it like it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible / Do you have any Question about Islam? / UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.