Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Who Was The First Muslim - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Was The First Muslim (6323 Views)

Who Was The First Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The First Muslim by olabowale(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2009
@$Osisi: This "Young Girl" loves Ijebu dialect too much. You know why I use "young girl" for you? I must be consistent with my Messenger Prophet Muhammad (AS).

Could you show me, from the many Bibles that you have in Christendom, the one that is not fake? There should be only one original, since they are so many. No?

And the Yusuf Ali and others translated "Quran", are not Quran at all, but what it "means" to the translator(s)! While everyone agrees that the Arabic Quran is the Original and the rest is used for understanding only by the non-arabic speakers, what is the language of the Original Bible? Sorry, Torah, Sabur or Injil?

We use the original Quran for Prayers; Salah, Dhikr as in reading, and others. The translations can't be used for Salah. Now tell me what is special that the Original Bible; Sorry Torah, Sabur and Injil can be used for that the fakes cant be used for? This will keep you quite one time, since you will be hard pressed to choose a Bible that will pass for ORIGINAL. I wonder what the catholic Douwy is if you pick ISV, KJV, ASV, NWV or another for your Original? Lol.

Its a good think you dont wager. You will be at the losing end, all the time. Kini big deal? Its a big deal.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by sosisi(f): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi: This "Young Girl" loves Ijebu dialect too much. You know why I use "young girl" for you? I must be consistent with my Messenger Prophet Muhammad (AS).

Could you show me, from the many Bibles that you have in Christendom, the one that is not fake? There should be only one original, since they are so many. No?

And the Yusuf Ali and others translated "Quran", are not Quran at all, but what it "means" to the translator(s)! While everyone agrees that the Arabic Quran is the Original and the rest is used for understanding only by the non-arabic speakers, what is the language of the Original Bible? Sorry, Torah, Sabur or Injil?

We use the original Quran for Prayers; Salah, Dhikr as in reading, and others. The translations can't be used for Salah. Now tell me what is special that the Original Bible; Sorry Torah, Sabur and Injil can be used for that the fakes cant be used for? This will keep you quite one time, since you will be hard pressed to choose a Bible that will pass for ORIGINAL. I wonder what the catholic Douwy is if you pick ISV, KJV, ASV, NWV or another for your Original? Lol.

Its a good think you dont wager. You will be at the losing end, all the time. Kini big deal? Its a big deal.

I have the almighty God who understands me in all languages and all dialects
He is everywhere and knows everything.

He doesn't require me to speak  or cram Hebrew and Aramaic to understand and know him he is omniscient
He doesn't require that I face the Atlantic Ocean to pray for him to hear me,he is omnipresent
He doesn't require that I perform rituals with H20 and a plastic kettle for him to come through
He doesn't require that I form straight lines and bow in unison, for my prayer to go through
Neither does he require that I adopt a foreign culture or a foreign name to be assured of his salvation.
He is not concerned about where my toilet faces or what foot I use to walk into a toilet
He is not there holding a big stick with a list of do's and don'ts
His laws are written in my heart
His yoke is easy and his burden is light.
I am assured of salvation ,with a saviour that calls me friend ,who is as close as the mention of his name.

Your righteousness is nothing but a filthy rag before him.

You sir, got a raw deal
I have a better deal, the real deal cool
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by olabowale(m): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
Funny. Righteousness is a filthy rag! If this is so, then I wonder that even Jesus who said why call me good, is in my company of those "filthy rags!"

While I follow instructions to recite Quran in Arabiya, I still speak Yoruba, English and other language (begging in Igbo; biko) in my Salah! I just will not follow any path, ecept it is the path ordained on mankind! This is path is Islam. And I still mentain my Yorubaness, even with all of that. Allah chose Islam for mankind, even though we are as humans a collage or kaleidoscope of humanity!

I wonder if no ritual is performed with H20 that one is not like the "filthy rag" that you are trying to avoid? This reminds me of Fela Anikulapo song from the days.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Abuzola(m): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2009
Funny enough, mama chika, come tell us why you go to church instead of praying at home, why do you tell God your needs or have you forgotten He knows what is in the mind, oh ? Why will jesus pray luke 22:42 and many other verses ignorantly forgeting that God knows what is in the mind, why will jesus exclaim 'father forgive them for they know not what they are doing '. Huh i almost forgot, what about Prayer, why do all the prophet and israelite have to make sacrifice for God to forgive their sins ? Oh GOD GOD GOD ! Why do christian have to fast ?

Mama chika, your answer is the same answer to that of Islam.

Read the message of God or Allah in Arabic about those laws, from jewish to Islam.

Quran 5:48 'And Allah have sent down to you the Book in truth (Quran), comfirming the scriptures that came before it and trustworthy in highness over them, so judge among them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, Allah have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah had willed. He would have made you one nation, but that He may test you in what He has given you, so complete good deeds. The return of you all is to Allah then He will inform you about what you used to differ'

Allahu akbar, this verse has strengthen my faith. Am so proud to be a muslim
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by focused123(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2009
i hear it was Adam . . . anyone know where he hid his mat and kettle?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by focused123(m): 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2009
The first muslim is Muhammed himself ( The Mafia boss)

The first female convert was Khadija

Since then, the world have not known peace

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Abuzola(m): 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2009
I tire o for u
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by focused123(m): 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2009
I tire o for u

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Abuzola(m): 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2009
O 4kasibe
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by focused123(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
O 4kasibe

grin grin grin grin Mr O 4KASIBE :

Are you not tired of giving me answers ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Like Father (Muhammed) like son (Abuzola). you resemble your father no be small

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Abuzola(m): 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2009
Oju e o 4kasibe, thanks for the honour
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by focused123(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2009
Oju e o 4kasibe, thanks for the honour

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by 0hsisi: 1:44am On Nov 30, 2009
nice thread
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by watchme(f): 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
Since the muslim brothers & sisters are not giving us a beneficial answer to this question let me help

Islamic region started during the time of Ismael the son of Hagai the Maid of Serah who Abrahim took as his wife during the period when Serah doesnt have a child. Serah begged Abrahim out of pity to take her made Hagai has a wife after many years of barenes.

Ismael was the first born of Abrahim but due to his sturbuness and disobidence Abrahm dislike him and the mother

After the birth of Isaac, Abrahm sent Hagai and his son Ismael away because of their greediness over Serah and his son Isaac

In the desert when Ahrahim sent them away (Hagai and Ismael) they have nothing to eat, they became so tired and thirty

There The almighty God provided a well filled up with water and a kettle to draw the water. On seeing this Hagai knelt down with her two hands up with his son and praised the Lord

But afterward due to their stupidity and ignorance they decided to change it to another religion prove.

Ismael was a greedy human and also distructive which made him to to potray heart filled with war and to disastrous.

This same thing continues upto today
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by muhsin(m): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
From atheist version, huh? What a lie?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by karo93: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
The first muslims cannot be any of the people of the jewish descent because God instituted judaism in the time of moses. if islam was already in existence and was approved by GOD he would not have instituted judaism through prophet musa.this is to say that even Adam and Abraham were not muslims
EXCEPT YOU CONCLUDE THAT ISLAM WAS NOT APPROVED BY GOD!
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by ttruth(m): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
Muhammedan Islam never existed before the birth of Muhammed. Islam was formed by Muhammed. Islam was never approved by God, but it was approved by muhammed's allah grin grin grin grin grin

Moses was not a Muhammedan. Muhammed was a descendant of Ishmael. Muhammed was not mentioned any where in the torah and the bible. Moses and other descendants were from the Jewish descendants.

So Muhammedan Islam is built on the foundation of quick sand and it lacks veracity. That is why they are vicious and extremely wicked.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by AbuZola3(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
Dumb dumb dumb. I laff with my tongue. Zi zi zi zi
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
i laugh in tongue too,la la la la la  la, um , i pity these people for thier ignorance
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by ttruth(m): 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
Husband and wife (Abuzola and uplawal ):

If both of you like laugh in latin. Both of you will forever be in denial forever.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2010
who u be,what ur stress?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by ttruth(m): 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2010
uplawal:

who u be,what your stress?

Na Islamic madness they worry you grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by AbuZola3(m): 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
Shameless brat
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Virgo83(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2010
@goodguy100 (m)
You must be Mad for posting this.

Who the hell is Mohammed? I am sick hearing that name.

@the question:
The Holy Prophet Muhammad isn't the First Muslim but Abraham [Ibrahim] the Father of faith. He was the one who named the religion Islam and that makes the believers Muslim. So, we need not to continue the argument on this 'coz I have provided the Answer to the Question.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by karo93: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2010
karo93:

The first muslims cannot be any of the people of the jewish descent because God instituted judaism in the time of moses. if islam was already in existence and was approved by GOD he would not have instituted judaism through prophet musa.this is to say that even Adam and Abraham were not muslims
EXCEPT YOU CONCLUDE THAT ISLAM WAS NOT APPROVED BY GOD!
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by AbuZola3(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2010
(:
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by Virgo83(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2010
This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My Grace upon you, and have chosen Islam for you as your religion…” (Quran 5:3)

@Karo: thoroughly go thru this very well.

The Holy Prophet said he had perfected your religion for you. Meaning: He didn't bring a new religion but has come to perfect the religion of Abraham.

And secondly he sai he has chosen for you Islam (among the religion of the world) that is in existence.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by ttruth(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
Virgo83:

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My Grace upon you, and have chosen Islam for you as your religion…” (Quran 5:3)

@Karo: thoroughly go thru this very well.

The Holy Prophet said he had perfected your religion for you. Meaning: He didn't bring a new religion but has come to perfect the religion of Abraham.

And secondly he sai he has chosen for you Islam (among the religion of the world) that is in existence.

Deluded son of the black stone (allah)
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by AbuZola3(m): 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
Above poster is terribly insane
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by nopuqeater: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Osisi and Davidylan: On the thread "10 Reasons Jesus is not God", on the main religion board, JCross19, on page 3 posted a cartoon/comic strip, by a Rivera, attempting to ridicule Islam. Unfortunately for them and now for you, there is a line there about the story of Kaaba, and the Children of Israel (Jews).

Please read it. You will see that the Israelites used to make homage to Kaaba in Makka, based on the command of their forefather, Abraham. But stopped doing so when Idols, signifying paganism entered the precinct of this revered Building.

This command of Abraham and the obedience of the children of Israel then was a clear proof that Islam as practiced by Islam is earlier than Judaism which is earlier than Christianity.

Incidentally, Moses did not practice Judaism which we see Jews practice, today. Jesus did not practice Christianity which we see Christians practice, today. Neither practiced anything different from what Ibrahim, practiced. Did Abraham practiced differently from what Noah, and Adam practiced? No. You may not know this. Each practiced their own "ISlam" according to the time and place.

Davidyan jested who did Adam pay Zakah to? Its unbelievable that such a question will be asked. All acts that is good and obedience to duties ordianed by Allah is either Zakah or Sadakah, meaning the same thing. Even when husband and wife sleep together. They have benefited each other, one party the other. So when Adam takes care of his household, his wife and he, first, it is Zakat or Sadakah. When they had children, being the first family, husband and wife and children, the caring for the children is the same.

When Muhammad (AS) went on Isra wa Miraj, he met Musa as he was given formally the process to follow by the community in make daily Salah. It started with 50 Salah per day. Moses met him as he was returning, and asked what was the decision of Allah? Muhammad said 50 salah per day. Moses told him that he should go to Allah and ask for a reduction because with the little that the children of Israel were ordered to do under him, they did not comply fully (the golden calf is a good reminder). Muhammad went to Allah under the direction of an older prophet who had led people bigger in number than the one in early Makkan period.

Allah reduced it until the going back and forth on the strong suggestion of Musa, Muhammad was give 5 per day. Even then Musa said it is too much (we see that not every muslim makes the daily required salah, today. Some even say for "christ sake", to expose their hypocrisy). Muhammad (AS) said he will not return to Allah Who have said that each Salah will equal to 10, making it 50, the original amount in quality and by such a Statement, Allah indicated a finality of negotiation.

With these above, is there any doubt Islam was before Judaism, and long before Christianity?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by nopuqeater: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
Osisi presented a hadith as if to incicate that Christianity and or Judaism have "Prophets". The fact of the matter is that they dont. Just because you claim something untrue and the one who knows that you are ignorant about the reality mocks you by associating you with it, does not mean it is true;

Let me use good examples here; In Surah Baqarah, the children of Israel began to complain about the same food day in day out: Manna and Salwa. SO they approached Musa (AS). In time they forced him reluctantly by their complaints to mention it to his Lord. Allah responded, mockingly tlling Musa to tell them that they can return to Egypt (Misr) to get their Fulmudamas, and Humus, etc, if they are not satisfied with the blessing they got in this journey.

When Allah says to the Messenger (AS) ask the people of the Books, it means when you oh Muhammad the unlearned ask them things of high learning in their books which they are hiding, like the judgement on Fornication and or adultery and Interest, etc, they will be cornered and ashamed.

When the messenger (AS) therefore cursed the disbelievers (specifically the people of the Book), it is accordance to the curses that they have incurred already from Allah, His Angels, believers, and we should not forget that David cursed the Jews and Jesus cursed the Jews and even mock in a dirty low down way his disciples as people of little faith. This little faith quality will make a one say all kind of things.

I go into all of this to remind the non Muslims that you do not have real prophet, but you only claim the prophets of God that you wish to claim; Jesus was not a christian, but then they went ahead and call him God Almighty, even with all his weaknesses he confessed.

Let me talk about prophets of Christians which support the statement of the messenger (AS): Today many prophets are in Christianity. In Nigeria, the Aladuras make pilgrimages to the burial place of Babalola. Many parts of the world have their own brand(s) of worshiping the dead Christian leaders. I am sure that the prophets in the Aladura community of today will tell you that they are not higher in piety than Babalola, who was a prophet of Aladura in his time.

The spanish people have a ton of this type of worshiping the dead, saints, prophets.

Lets go to the Jewish situation: I researched the jewish holidays and many are on frivolous issues and you should verify this for yourself:

Chanukah - 25 Kislev - 2 Tevet (3 Tevet, if that year Kislev has only 29 days in it)

Or Hanukah, or Channukkah, or for those truly addicted to spelling, Chhhannnukkkkahhhh. The most well-known of the Jewish holidays, and ironically one of the least important in the calendar. Chanukah is the most recent holiday added to the universal Jewish calendar (around 100 BCE) and is classified as a "minor holiday" (i.e. work is permitted).

The story of Chanukah involves the Chashmona'im, a family of priests in power, and the Maccabees, a specific set of people in the family. While Israel was occupied by the Syrian-Greeks, they eventually started banning Jewish practices and even defiled the Jewish Temple. The Chashmona'im led a rebellion against them and ousted them from power. When they got back to the Temple, though, they couldn't find any unspoiled oil to light the menorah, a holy ceremonial candelabra. They finally found one jar of oil still sealed, but it was only enough for a single day. However, miraculously, the oil lasted eight days, leaving them enough time to manufacture new oil.

Yom Kippur - 10 Tishrei

Occurs ten days after Rosh Hashana, and is the most serious day in the calendar. The ten days are known as aseret y'mei teshuvah, "Ten Days of Repentance". The day immediately after Rosh Hashana is a fast day, called Tzom Gedaliah (Fast of Gedaliah), which mourns the assassination of Gedaliah Ben Achikam, the governor of Israel during the days of Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylonia, about 500 years BCE.

Yom Kippur itself is not only a "major holiday" but also a fast day, during which not only food and drink but also deoderant, leather shoes, and handwashing are forbidden. The entire day and much of the preceding night is spent in the synagogue, praying.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim by nopuqeater: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Ohsisi and davidylan: When the Prophet (AS) said "their Prophets", it means in the way you say Jesus is God, and or son of God, while Jesus said he was a servant sent by God. But truly the the true Prophet of God are not from you, neither christian or jews in their religion but muslims, and they are claims in your own lips from your own desires, which are without grounded reasoning and foundation.

Also am sure Paul and others are prophets in your eyes, even you have many around today. But true prophets you deny and merely call them Biblical figures, like Zacharayah, David, Solomon, etc.

Your claim that you have prophet is also similar to the verse of Quran in Surah Najm where the pagan arabs called their idols gods and daughters of The Creator. These were of their own makings without a single authority and just like yours because you cant proof Jesus was a prophet of Christianity, since he never started it and began after he had been lifted up by his Lord. When we asked; WHo is the bride of Yahweh that gave bore Eloi a son, murm is always your answer. No christian has ever answer this question, ever, though we know who the mother of baby Jesus was.

You will see that the Hadith you quoted, is in line with Surah Najm against the claims of the pagans, Surah Maidah and Maryam, etc against you, and the verse about Ezra (Surah Nisaa) against the Jews. Yet in Many surahs, Baqarah, Imran, Nisaa, Maidah, etc, and of course Ambiyya speak about Jesus as Rasullah Nabiyya (Prophet Mssenger).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy Ramadan Kareem To All Nairalanders / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible / Do you have any Question about Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.