Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! (29916 Views)

Our Landlord Wants To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Running. Please Advise / My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face / My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out - Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Niyinficient(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2016
Ok
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by dellye: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2016
HMMMMMM
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by silkytouch(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2016
Sasuwa:
Today is my birthday , let me get some likes pls

To hell with your birthday, someone is in a fix here and is seeking advice and your input is to seek likes. You need to be flogged.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by mistermorex: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2016
Nonsense talk mtcheeeew
olaniyanblog:
omo hustle and settle him. goodluck on your hustle

7 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by DarkFive: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2016
Report and lodge compliant at the nearest police station....arrest his black a$$. Get a lawyer to write to him

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Richy4(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
He is just heartless. was that how they eject people in UK were he reside?

he knew very well u cannot sue him.... A notice should be served to u formally and it should be like a month or 2 months.... not five days...

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by 222Martins(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
Teespice:
first of all you are a yearly tenant which means that your landlord going by the provisions of the tenancy laws of lagos state is meant to give you six months notice. he ran foul of that when he gave you five days notice. you are not a weekly tenant na. weekly tenants even get seven days notice.

him resorting to self help by threatening to call OPC as well as blocking certain areas of the house with brick is trespass on your landlords part. you can sue him for damages. a tenant has certain rights one of which is freedom from unreasonable disturbances and right to privacy as well as the right to use and enjoy the common areas of the house which in this case is the back door.

he has no right to disconnect your electricity nor your water supply. it is a clear breach of his obligations as a landlord.

you have a good case against him.

hope this helps. cheers.

Cest' Fini............This piece of advice is all you need.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Mznaett: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
This is serious
Sue that man asap
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Ramanto(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
So sorry about your ordeal sir, i will suggest you pay him a visit today at his residence and let him see reasons he has to cosider you. Dont let him storm your place before you make this move, you can as well find who is best friend is, whose pleas he cant turn down. Everyone has got such A friend, i'm sure he also does.. you will get a prefencial treatment frm hm after ths course of action. I Wount Advise You Report Hm To Any Authorities As That May Prompt Him To Go Diabolical. Not That I Doubt The Fact That You Serve A 'Living God' Every Other Person Does,even The Said Landlord. All The Best. Ignore Any Typo Errors

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by sodconfirm: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
How about we all cometogether contribute and help tgis guy out

Someone has to go confirm this story first....

If this is possible, I can drop my address for someone to come around to confirm the story, It's along AIT Road, Alagbado. Lagos. If i can get money, I will prefer to move out without any quarrels.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Guyman02: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2016
Sasuwa:
Today is my birthday , let me get some likes pls
Not when somebody is in distress and seeking for solution to a serious problem you dey look for birthday complement, abeg look for another post such as 'who wore it best between Omotola and Genevieve' angry angry

11 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by EastanPower(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2016
donholy28:
well its his house...u don't have any option than to look for somewhere else

By law you cannot just get up and sack your tenants without issuing a quit notice and after this is done the tenant has up to six months to leave your apartment.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Richy4(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2016
silkytouch:

To hell with your birthday, someone is in a fix here and is seeking advice and your input is to seek likes. You need to be flogged.

Biko take it easy on her my brother.......she was totally carried away cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by applemark: 11:36am On Mar 17, 2016
BULLSHIT STORY! you said it all, move this to the FrontPage! i stopped believing your c0ck$hit story from the time you said your landlord who just came back from UK sweating over 60k which is is less than £150, tot fashola laid some guidelines on housing issues. if you are really in distress you would not be online /NL wasting time and money to buy data to upload this c0ck and bull, you will be straight to the police or your local area council to complain about this injustice. Abeg Go park well and i meant that in literary terms... kmt!

my own house is in Ikorodu, my tenant didn't pay for one year, took her to court, before the eviction notice, ran off, one year rent gone, agent did jack$hit, I don't pity tenant! when its not their house they lord-it.. when will i recoup my investment if tenant keep running of with my rent! God will judge all bad tenants!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by BrOwnSuga3: 11:36am On Mar 17, 2016
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Please leave his house beside you have no right to ask him the money he promised you

I have some very stubborn tenants as well so i know the pains your landlord is going through

You are heartless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Ghandi12: 11:36am On Mar 17, 2016
donholy28:
well its his house...u don't have any option than to look for somewhere else

bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Please leave his house beside you have no right to ask him the money he promised you
I have some very stubborn tenants as well so i know the pains your landlord is going through

Everyone MUST live and abide by the law of the land. The Lagos state government has prescribed a minimum of 6 months notice/grace for eviction - anyone doing anything in contrary is committing crime.

Laws are made that people do not turn themselves into gods.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Rubyventures: 11:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Coming from someone based in the Uk, it is a disgrace. angry

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by EastanPower(m): 11:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Ramanto:
So sorry about your ordeal sir, i will suggest you pay him a visit today at his residence and let him see reasons he has to cosider you. Dont let him storm your place before you make this move, you can as well find who is best friend is, whose pleas he cant turn down. Everyone has got such A friend, i'm sure he also does.. you will get a prefencial treatment frm hm after ths course of action. I Wount Advise You Report Hm To Any Authorities As That May Prompt Him To Go Diabolical. Not That I Doubt The Fact That You Serve A 'Living God' Every Other Person Does,even The Said Landlord. All The Best. Ignore Any Typo Errors

Brilliant.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Kenchukky(m): 11:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Now did you get the advise you were looking for? Nobody even asked for your account number to assist. Chai NL there is God oo

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by ifenes(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2016
@Sodconfirm What you need is money to pay for your new apartment. How much is it?

8 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by bettercreature(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2016
BrOwnSuga3:

You are heartless
Those tenants are very stubborn i was seeking for help sometimes ago https://www.nairaland.com/2559704/please-how-deal-tenants-not
I used soldiers to deal with them
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Larryjay4u: 11:39am On Mar 17, 2016
Bro, how much do you have as we are talking? I live close to your area and we can quickly get a small apartment to rent. Then you can begin to discuss other things with the Landlord. Guys let come together to help.

I can volunteer to visit his house and verify things after which we can make the needed support today or latest tomorrow.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by ba7man(m): 11:41am On Mar 17, 2016
Take him to court. Trust me, you'll use 1 free year extra.

He's supposed to serve you a 6 month's notice before proceeding to court to get an eviction notice.

The govt takes such cases seriously now.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2016
sodconfirm:

If this is possible, I can drop my address for someone to come around to confirm the story, It's along AIT Road, Alagbado. Lagos. If i can get money, I will prefer to move out without any quarrels.

That's cool. Now the question is who will go
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by kaziblake(f): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2016
I don't know who to believe because some tenants are very troublesome.

Some tenants will fustrate you,they won't pay house rent and light bills and still,they won't go.

Instead of going to court to challenge him,use the the money to look for another apartment.
It's well

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2016
Larryjay4u:
Bro, how much do you have as we are talking? I live close to your area and we can quickly get a small apartment to rent. Then you can begin to discuss other things with the Landlord. Guys let come together to help.

I can volunteer to visit his house and verify things after which we can make the needed support today or latest tomorrow.

Please do verify then lets know

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Ghandi12: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2016
Ramanto:
So sorry about your ordeal sir, i will suggest you pay him a visit today at his residence and let him see reasons he has to cosider you. Dont let him storm your place before you make this move, you can as well find who is best friend is, whose pleas he cant turn down. Everyone has got such A friend, i'm sure he also does.. you will get a prefencial treatment frm hm after ths course of action...s

Storming your tenant's place is a crime and can send you to jail.

Ramanto:
...you can as well find who is best friend is, whose pleas he cant turn down. Everyone has got such A friend, i'm sure he also does.. you will get a prefencial treatment frm hm after ths course of action. [b]I Wount Advise You Report Hm To Any Authorities As That May Prompt Him To Go Diabolical. [/b]Not That I Doubt The Fact That You Serve A 'Living God' Every Other Person Does,even The Said Landlord. All The Best. Ignore Any Typo Errors

He has diabolical powers yet he still needs to oppress his tenants to augment his income. He should have been using the powers to make money instead. This Landlord or any other landlord is subject to the law of land on tenancy.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by bettercreature(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2016
Ghandi12:

Everyone MUST live and abide by the law of the land. The Lagos state government has prescribed a minimum of 6 months notice/grace for eviction - anyone doing anything in contrary is committing crime.

Laws are made that people do not turn themselves into gods.
You have to use full force in some cases,those tenants are too stubborn,You can not recoup the money you spent to build a house in 20years let alone playing with a tenant who refuse to pay a token or refuse to leave the house

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by PresidentAde(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2016
sodconfirm:
I appreciate all your contributions, He is only using the other tenants as excuse to throw us all out, people who have been on this street for long told us that is his usual routine especially when he needs money. I will work on the public defender thing and post all feedbacks here. Please I need more suggestions. It's Thursday already and he is coming tomorrow Friday. I still have not taken any concrete decision

Oga Desperate situation requires desperate actions,,,
I believe that house is situated in Lagos state,,,,,,,,,if YES,,,then what you need is to "buy" more time so you and your family can move,,,,, That time is what your landlord is not willing to give you willingly,,,,,,,,,Oga you can get that time "Forcefully" however with a very nice plan.........
Trust me you can survive in lagos without kicking some balls..........How ?...
.1. Don't tell anyone about these plan.

.2. Go to the nearest Police Station,,,Report that your landlord that he's harassing your wife and threatening your little children....

.3. Make sure your statement and complain is well documented at the police station,U can even ask for a copy,,that police issue won't cost you more than 2k,,,Remember to include the OPC issue in the statement...

.4. Look for the Nearest Lagos State Citizen Mediation Centre close to You and report your issue to them...(Pls make sure Your case is handled by a woman),,,Explain everything to her,"add emotions & ur childrens security issue".....go with copies of Utility bills and Rent Receipt .......Make your case believable,,,,You can do all these within 3days.....Trust me.

.5. Your Landlord will be invited Over,,,,Don't worry, he'll come to you to shout and shout but trust me he'll honour that invitation unless if he doesn't want that house again...........You just grow to be deaf and dumb to abuses......Just for ur family and time.....

.6. If you do all these well,,U'll get at least 3months time to move,,,,FREE of CHARGE,,,starting from when the agreement is reached.

.7.Don't overlook my advice,,a tenant has done it to us before.......

.8. If u need more info just Metion me on Nairaland...........

...... I hope that helps,,,,,,

7 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by ifenes(m): 11:45am On Mar 17, 2016
bettercreature:
Those tenants are very stubborn i was seeking for help sometimes ago https://www.nairaland.com/2559704/please-how-deal-tenants-not

I have a house in Nigeria where the tenants are living there rent free,as long as they keep it clean. You will die and leave the house at some point anyway.

12 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by ugochuks95: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2016
my bro.Legally by virtue of d.provision in section8 of the Recovery of Premises Law u r entitled to 6 months after d.end of ur term to remain in possession.and dis 6 months must expire at d eve of the anniversary of d tenancy.e.g if a tenancy was created 6th of march 2016 u r not expected to leave unless d notice asks u to leave on d 5th of march 2017.If d landlord goes ahead to use thugs make sure u sue him for Trespass and u would make alot of money in form of damages

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by kaziblake(f): 11:45am On Mar 17, 2016
bettercreature:
Bros can I pm you?
One is currently battling my mum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Builds 3 Bedroom Bungalow For Widow In Anambra / Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think / How Much Will It Cost Me To Develop This Building Plan To Roofing (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.