Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! (29981 Views)

Our Landlord Wants To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Running. Please Advise / My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face / My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out - Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by 100Cents: 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
ifenes:

What is your mobile number please? I will send you 50,000 ok?

Correct man !

I heard people shading you for giving out your house rent free for people to live in.

Little things like this secure people a place in heaven.

6 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by jayriginal: 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Teespice:

I gave my advice based on the facts given. nothing inferred, added or subtracted.

Your advice doesn't apply to a tenant at will.

I singled you out cos I know you are or were very recently a law student. One has to be very careful that's all I'm saying.
Also, there is this mythical six months grace that most Nigerians have in their head. You shouldn't be part of those perpetrating that myth.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by iliyande(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
bettercreature:
I wont argue with you! you dont know anything you are just trying to be relevant

so you mean no one can do what he claimed he did

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by jayriginal: 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
100Cents:

Correct man !

I heard people shading you for giving out your house rent free for people to live in.

Little things like this secure people a place in heaven.

Trust me he's not going to heaven. He is a candidate for hell
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by eyomade(m): 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello gentle man plz the landlord is suppose to give you a six month notice to quit after which a seven day reminder notice will be serve then after which if u did vacate the apartment a court injuction will be seek to vacate you. So don't let any landlord or agent victimise you.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by dominique(f): 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
sodconfirm:

Sir, I can never do as you think. Gone are the days when they accept 10%. Infact some are at N4,000 for each room. Including N10,000 Damages. Some even stand at 30,000 each for agreement and commission amount to N60,000, I will have to look for the one of N3,500 per room which is N7,000, I will also look for or bargain for 50k for agreement and commission, of course i will negotiate damages out of it. I will never use this dilemma to make money. You can create an account where donations can go to and when i get a place you can appoint some nairalanders to follow me there for payment. I greatly appreciate your help and concerns. It takes a lot to want to help others.

How about your wife, is there any way she can pitch in?
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by fireforfire: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Its ONLY in nig dat shyte happens.
can dT landlord try it in uk where he claims he resides
But dem don see naija finish na
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by God2man(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
Pls, do not take him to court, find another means of paying the rent.

Pray for both expected and unexpected divine helpers to rush to you and favor you.

Leave the house peacefully. Do not cause wahala.

The money will come.

God bless you.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by kelechi50: 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
NLs Ifenes have promised to give op 50k guys and senior Babes here please do something for the guy and forget police, court etc.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Stanbeto: 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oh! GOD HELP UR CHILDREN O
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by EastanPower(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
jayriginal:

My dear, refrain from giving advice unless you know exactly what you are doing.

OP is a tenant at will. Secondly I'm pretty sure there was no tenancy agreement.

I'm giving you hints.

There doesn't have to be a tenancy agreement before the law is applied.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by uwajeh(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
It is quite a sad situation but certainly not a hopeless one. A landlord has rights but then a tenant also has rights.

The first thing you should do is report the issue of threats to the Police and ensure that they intervene in the matter.

Secondly engage the services of a lawyer. If you can't afford a lawyer contact the Office of the Public Defender or the Citizens Right Department of the State Ministry of Justice, they should be able to help.

The Tenancy Law of Lagos State clearly states the procedure to follow where a landlord wants to evict a tenant and if I remember correctly a tenant is entitled to damages of N250,000.00 where he is forcibly evicted by the landlord or where the landlord damages the property in order to forcibly evict the tenant.

Don't stress yourself too much, just engage the services of a lawyer and I'm sure the threats would cease.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by lightdotcom: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
bettercreature:
You must be a thief or stole the money from somewhere,no hard working man would build a house and allow people to live there for free
Mine are not inheritance they are investment,i know how much my friend who has hotels are making daily
He said a house not a hotel. BTW why this gravity of attack. What I'll tell you, poverty is a terrible experience

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by iliyande(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
dominique:

Just ignore him, he's nothing buy a hungry lying scammer. He creates multiple accounts to sell fake data. He has probably not eaten today, that's why he's posting nonsense

nobody to scam be that grin
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by jayriginal: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
EastanPower:

There doesn't have to be a tenancy agreement before the law is applied.

I never said anything like that.

Mind you, I told her I was giving her hints.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by naijathings(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
How about we all cometogether contribute and help tgis guy out

Someone has to go confirm this story first....

before you put your feet into the water, you have to check if it is deep or shallow or has crocodiles or snakes inside. you don't just jump into the river because you want to have a bath.

funny how many stories like these keep popping up on Nairaland and how most of them turned out to be catfish stories.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by semochendo1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
sodconfirm:

Thank you very much for the suggestion and encouragement, But he came with his wife to cut the light and build the bricks, Infact the wife is more ruthless than he is. I will looking at getting help to move my family out and possibly initiate a legal action to fight for my right.

That's terrible then, like husband like wife. But I still believe is you meet him outside the usual place, which is your house, with prayers ahead of your going, I'm telling you, your faith will hold you and pave way for you.

However, if you've concluded to pack out and you've gotten where to fix yourself and family, don't bother going ahead with the court, it may cost you a lot, your money, time and spiritual battle. Afterall, you've exhausted your money, the court would have been necessary only if you want to stay back there till you get another accommodation.

So, move on with your life and I wish you the best....
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
sodconfirm:
I appreciate all your contributions, He is only using the other tenants as excuse to throw us all out, people who have been on this street for long told us that is his usual routine especially when he needs money. I will work on the public defender thing and post all feedbacks here. Please I need more suggestions. It's Thursday already and he is coming tomorrow Friday. I still have not taken any concrete decision

Edited - In Addition

I got the number of the C.P Lagos State Fatai Owoseni. He declared to me that i should go to court, He said the police does not have the right to stop my landlord from forcefully ejecting me. I explained to him that i need protection from the police while we initiate a court process, He said the police can not stop my landlord from throwing me out, I replied him that but it's illegal and we don't have where to go with our belongings, he repeated his earlier statement again, I had to thank him and hang up. To some people suggesting Legal action, I do not have a lawyer or the money to buy the services of one and i do not have the complete money to rent a place around. I will prefer if i can get a loan with a longer time to pay back so i can get a place and move my family because my parents are late and my siblings depend on me for survival. The only person my wife has is her aged mother who also depends and lives with us. Most people are advising me to move out for the safety of my family which i agree with. If i can get a loan or possible donation, I will be very grateful. Some Nairalanders can come to verify my address and the situation. God bless Nairalanders. I have a family in you.
If u cant afford the services of a private lawyer i did advised u take ur case to Rents tribunal ,u can also secure a gov't free lawyer from Legal Aid until the case is through. meanwhile i pray and prophesy in ur life that ur's is coming .#Bless u bro. also when ur's finally comes please do not do unto others what u r currently going through. my 2cent

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Geesanni: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
u too dunb,read d post b4 u dey ask jamb question
MadCow1:
Wetin you do?
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Geesanni: 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
ANIMAL IN HUMAN CLOTHING.I CAN SEE DAT U ARE PART OF THEM,I PRAY I SEE SOME1 LIKE U DAT CROSSS MY LANE,MY LANDLORD MATA DEY I COURT NOW,INFACT,NA ALL MY MONI PLUS AGENT FEE I WAN COLLECT ALL FOR HIS HAND
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Please leave his house beside you have no right to ask him the money he promised you

I have some very stubborn tenants as well so i know the pains your landlord is going through
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by innocent1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
Evacuate some vital items out of your house. Also take your wife and kids to friends and family for some time. Then face the man legally. Take the matter to court. If court no work, arrrange Fulani Herdsmen for him. Shikina
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by poseidon12: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
ifenes:

What is your mobile number please? I will send you 50,000 ok?

Good man. May God bless you and replenish what you are giving several times over. Your type of people are very rare around here.

6 Likes

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Geesanni: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
WHON TOLD U DEY U DIABOLICAL POWER TO MAKE MONI,DEY ONLY USE IT TO DESTROY GOOD THINGS,SAME THING WITH MY LANDLORD.THEY ARE VERY DIABOLICAL
Ghandi12:

Storming your tenant's place is a crime and can send you to jail.

He has diabolical powers yet he still needs to oppress his tenants to augment his income. He should have been using the powers to make money instead. This Landlord or any other landlord is subject to the law of land on tenancy.

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by sodconfirm: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
100Cents:

Once you move out, dont fight. He is not owing you. You are not owing him. Take that from me.

I have left N50,000 for a misbahving landlord before. I was not given any quit notice but i just left on my own for some reasons.

The story one year later, nobody believed it.

Allow God to fight for you.

I will not take any legal action as you have advised. Once i am able to move out, I will leave him to God for judgement.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by sodconfirm: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
God2man:
Pls, do not take him to court, find another means of paying the rent.

Pray for both expected and unexpected divine helpers to rush to you and favor you.

Leave the house peacefully. Do not cause wahala.

The money will come.

God bless you.

I will not take any legal action. If i can get the desired help to move to a new home. I will leave everything to God
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Teespice(f): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
jayriginal:

Your advice doesn't apply to a tenant at will.

I singled you out cos I know you are or were very recently a law student. One has to be very careful that's all I'm saying.
Also, there is this mythical six months grace that most Nigerians have in their head. You shouldn't be part of those perpetrating that myth.

I know the advice does not apply to a tenant at will. it applies to a yearly tenant.

the "mythical" six months grace is provided for in relevant tenancy laws. it did not come out of the blue.

and I am not a law student. I am a lawyer.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by TinyIslamic92: 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sasuwa:
Today is my birthday , let me get some likes pls
You are brainless, someone open tread in order to get solution to his problem. U are here begging for likes. Eranko jatiijati
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by poseidon12: 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
jayriginal:

Trust me he's not going to heaven. He is a candidate for hell

Are you God?
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by ahnie: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
Please the likes of ma'am efemenexy,snr detective ifyalways,tearoses a.k.a chaircover,madam blank,mullah acidosis please your expertise are need,to know if this op z a scammer or if he's sincere.please do the needful,i just hope op z not beatsbug/gracesome/joself akpan elijah.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by shizzy7(f): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
ifenes:

Fair enough Mr hard worker who thinks others don't work hard too. Not everyone is greedy. I choose to help people rather than extort money off them.
Uncle, its NOT extortion, its a transaction.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by cbrass(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
kaziblake:
Exactly!!!
Some don't even care how you feed or pay your kids school fees.

I didn't want to comment on this thread before, because I have witnessed the rascslities of tenants to the point my dad was arrested by police for taking In a tenant selling diesel products alleged tonhave been stolen without my dad's consent. My dad is a very gentle man so is me and was trying to do things the right way but my sisters took up the matter.
Ladies are very funny o grin. They frustrated the mans life by waking every morning and standing infront of his room to start discussions ladened with heavy insults, then they went further to lock the water entering their flat, then they insulted the mans wife out of this world. It was the following week I learnt they packed out. Lol.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
I also have a tenant who's supposed to pay 200k, he paid only 50k March last year. Gave him a notice to quit by March 31st dis year, but to my greatest surprise, d man is not even making a move. He's still strolling around d compound like nothing dey happen. Am I being wicked by giving him d notice?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / How Much Will It Cost Me To Develop This Building Plan To Roofing (photo) / Cost Of Building An Upstairs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.