Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

2bosun's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2bosun's Profile / 2bosun's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Family / Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by 2bosun: 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
You know nothing about marriage if you actually believe all that crap wink

16 Likes

Music/Radio / Re: What Collaborations Would You Would Like To See In 2013 by 2bosun: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
D'banj and Don jazzy- Best of both Worlds tongue
Webmasters / Re: Facebook’s New Search Engine Graph Search: What it means For Nigerian Users by 2bosun: 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
nuella_50: yeeeeeyaaaa ! *DANCING AZONTO* well datz a first one. grin grin grin
Grow up!

Facebook's trying hard to keep users interested, it'll be nice to make it available to non-facebook users too.. but hey what do I know undecided
Romance / Re: What Are Things You Can Do And Cannot Do For Love by 2bosun: 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
I cannot compromise my relationship with God for "love"

15 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Chika Ike Speaks On Her Marriage, Career, Controversy, & Business by 2bosun: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
Marriage no be beans.. ndo immara mma

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Sambo's Aide Marries Nkiru Sylvanus As Second Wife - Nigeriafilms by 2bosun: 1:37am On Jan 15, 2013
Zet72: no this can't be true Ada igbo to marry aboki-mallam a Muslim God forbid, ....better she remain single for life.

Stay dere dey yarn.. e be like say you no sabi ya people
Nairaland / General / Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits To Avoid by 2bosun: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
batiatus:
guy, why do you do wanna spoil the list. grin was actually looking to see it included, i guess all is well after all. no cause for alarm wink

tongue
Politics / Obahiagbon On Oshiomhole’s Victory by 2bosun: 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
The case has not fundamentally slowed down the comrade governor in the consolidation of his transformational peregrination because it was patently pellucid from day one that the PDP governorship candidate was only engaging in a legal macabre dance.

“There is no gainsaying the fact however that with the utter pulverisation of this legal distraction, the comrade governor is bound to be further psychologically reinvigorated in his burning and unquenchable desire in taking Edo state to a pedestal of socio-political and economic neplus ultra”.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/3032-s-court-verdict-oshiomhole’s-victory-confirms-people’s-support-—obahiagbon

I get a headache reading this guy's big grammar cry
Nairaland / General / Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits To Avoid by 2bosun: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
11.) P.o.r.n and whatever comes with it wink

15 Likes

Politics / Re: Pictures Of Jubilation In Front Of Edo Government House by 2bosun: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Please sweep Jonathan out of the rock next!! angry

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Pictures From Bisi Komolafe's Funeral by 2bosun: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
As usual her "friends" are all there in gucci shades to "support" her.

R.I.P to her...whoever she is

1 Like

Sports / Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by 2bosun: 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
No be lie, where are the goals coming from?
Nairaland / General / Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by 2bosun: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Oyinbo don mad finish, this can never happen with a black fellow
Celebrities / Re: Nollywood Actors At Enebeli Elebuwa's Tribute night (photos) by 2bosun: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
Looks like people just went there to have fun. God save us from fake friends, that old man with grey beard must still think he's a teenager wink

6 Likes

Fashion / Re: Rapper Eva Alordiah New Hairdo - Cute Or Not? by 2bosun: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
She beautiful but her hair is cr*p, we only like brasilian hair wink
Fashion / Re: Genevieve Nnaji Models Aso Ebi Fashion From Her St. Genevieve Line by 2bosun: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
seedord247:

If getting fat means richness to you... Then akata's gotta be the richess pple in the world. cheesy

Well they are, aren't they? wink

Anyways these chics are too fat to model these prints IMO, she needs to hire some proper models if she's serious.
Fashion / Re: Genevieve Nnaji Models Aso Ebi Fashion From Her St. Genevieve Line by 2bosun: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Our women are too fat and people say there's no money in Naija wink

4 Likes

Romance / Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by 2bosun: 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
You better be careful with that your brother and gf. He might end up bleeping your girl.. girls are very unpredictable creatures when there's attraction.

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: Nollywood Has Been Hijacked By Foreigners & TV Houses - Emeka Ike by 2bosun: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
The guy is just bitter.. Everyone has a time to shine. You had yours, now you're expired as an artist, abeg make we hear word jor

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 2bosun: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Basketmouth does nothing for free, let them keep fooling themselves undecided

12 Likes

Fashion / Re: Tonto Dikeh's Stunning Blonde New Look For 'its Ova' Video by 2bosun: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
awόn agbero

1 Like

Career / Re: Full Phd Scholarship Or Keep Job? by 2bosun: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
hustla242:

lol why?

What's the point of a PHD, isn't it to get a job in the end? There are millions without job and you want to quit your job.
Career / Re: Full Phd Scholarship Or Keep Job? by 2bosun: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
Believe me bro, you better keep your job.
Education / Re: Full Phd Scholarship Or Job? by 2bosun: 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
I would keep the job if I were you
Politics / Re: 2012 Budget Breakdown by sectors (Defence is the biggest) by 2bosun: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
Beaf:

The budget for education last year was N304.3bn; for 2012, it is N400.15bn.

Agriculture got N38.5 in 2011, in the 2012 budget, it gets N78.98bn.

Health got N203.34 in 2011; it gets N282.77bn in 2012.

Power got N99bn, in 2012 it gets N161.42bn.

I could go on and on, it is obvious that the 2012 budget is quantums better than the 2011 one and very rightly focused on development; but the OP only wants to make an illiterates analysis, so he cherry picked only a few items from the budget. Not stopping there, he did not give a full breakdown of the security allocation and is going around lying that it is the defence allocation. For your info, the security allocation covers the police, SSS, the various branches of the army and so forth; and while there is a naturally expected increase from last year, it is very reasonable.

Anybody who wants a rational argument not backed up by voodoo logic and stup!dity is free to engage me. Lets bandy real figures and show concrete areas of improvement. I don't wish to argue with anybody that thinks the threat of boko haram can be curbed without spending money; maybe they wish to invoke okija methods or some similarly cuckoo land "solutions."

Yes you're right Security is a massive problem, I would argue though that it's not 10x more of a problem to Nigeria's development as let's say power or education, which is what the numbers in the budget say. Let's not forget it's "capital" expenditure, it does not include the wages for the police, army, SSS etc.

So what's the plan? To buy more Robotic equipment or to actually employ more officers? It's more of a business as usual budget IMO- 15% for 150 million people is hardly going to achieve much.
Food / Re: Monopoly Products In The Nigerian Food Market by 2bosun: 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2011
humblebee:

Monopoly Products: Think Of Those Things That Has Been Around With No Rivals

I was just looking at my pack of St. Louis cube Sugar and i just thought of those things that has always been around for years with no similar competitive product, i can remember this cube sugar has been around as far back as 1980s while i was in primary school.

This product has enjoyed the Nigerian market for so long that we barely ask for another,  im not against it, im just saying. what is so special or what are they doing right that has made this product so acceptable to us, they have become a family name that you find it so difficult to ask for another brand.

other products too includes, indomie noodles before the other ones like chikki and dangote came into the market but still has not been able to compete well.
i might be wrong or maybe not exposed enough to see other options but i know there some products in this category you can remember, maybe before i was born tlll date,
okin biscuit was also around for so long for the average while Mc. Vites varieties was for the rich.

can you remember anyone?
those things you used to buy to boarding school  and so on,

These companies have been around for ages, they have an obscene knowledge of the industry and that makes it practically impossible to compete. They have access to specific technologies that make competition difficult, they can set prices and undercut new entrants if they wish. They are sort of a cartel if you like- only cooperating among each other. It's basically monopoly- difference is that a few large firms control the market.
Politics / Nigeria: The Next African Bric by 2bosun: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2011
It is 10 years since the idea of the BRIC nations of Brazil, Russia, India and China came into being, and this year they added a new member - South Africa - to the group.

With an African country now part of this economically significant group, BBC World Service's Business Daily programme brought together the finance ministers from two of the biggest players on the African continent.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria's finance minister and Pravin Gordhan, is South Africa's finance minister. Ed Butler first asked Pravin Gordhan how important he thought the development of the BRICS group was.

Full transcript below
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16096031

Thumbs up to Ngozi, arguably the only shining star in Jonathan's Cabinet. As a multinational company, if you want presence in Africa and you're not in Nigeria yet, theoretically you can't be at full potential.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: UCL: Bayer Leverkusen Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 23rd November 2011 by 2bosun: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
Please someone give Guus Hiddink a call. This guy's a joke, you have no business changing defenders 15 minutes to the end of play, that cost Chelsea the game. Alex should have won his header for the last goal, so much quality in the team and then this!
Business / Re: CBN Devalues Naira, Holds Interest Rate To Spur Growth by 2bosun: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2011
GenBuhari:

^^ Your title is a little misleading then, as you acknowledge that it is deceitful to imply that devaluation of Naira can boost growth in Nigeria.

Since Nigeria sells oil from which we get 95% of our income, in dollars, there is no economic justification for devaluation.

The only thing that it achieves is the impoverishment and opression of the masses by making prices of everything to massively increase.

Yes, you're right our income in in Dollars but the CBN converts the Dollar income to Naira before disbursement to the tiers of government, this naturally devalues the currency and causes inflation but he tried to stem that by flooding banks and BDCs with Dollars- it backfired, which is really what brought us into this situation.
SLS- probably one of the best bankers out there, but as an economist- CLUELESS!!
Business / Re: Sanusi Halts Naira Devaluation Claims Naira Is At Desired Stability by 2bosun: 12:43am On Nov 22, 2011
The economic mgmt team never seems to amaze- looks like a case of just being too clever for themselves. You invest in the Euro bond market at the wrong time and claim you're not worried about the hundreds of billions tied up there, now you want to shift them at a loss?? Madness!!

You have a monopoly on the dollar market, flood the BDC and banks with dollars, which backfires spectacularly- dollar changing for N167 at some point, so you tighten the policy and increase the yoke of poverty ravaging the land- so you devalue the Naira which further causing inflation- what a joke!

As long as you have that monopoly SLS, and too much Naira chasing the little Dollar you make available- the dollar will inevitably change for N200 soon. It's really school boy stuff.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On Sunday 20th November 2011 by 2bosun: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
IbroSaunks:

quick one peeps: do u think malouda intended to shoot, or pass to either sturridge or Mata for the goal?

It was a cross. Henderson is going to lose the game for Liverpoool, Torres to score the winner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.