Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,456 members, 7,846,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:48 AM

2bosun's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2bosun's Profile / 2bosun's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Health / Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by 2bosun: 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
It's only a matter of time until we have cure. Pharma companies don't have much interest in curing HIV (and most other diseases); they'd rather "treat" it to keep the $$$$ roliing in.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by 2bosun: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Show me one sinner Jesus condemned in the Bible. He always said go and sin no more, he condemned the act (see John 8 ). No one is scared to preach holiness, the problem when we start labeling people is that we run the risk of saying that we are better than them; when really, there is none righteous, not one (Rom 3:10). Genuine conviction comes from the Spirit of God.

Remember when Jesus was with Peter and John, and Peter (who had betrayed Jesus) questioned John's relationship with Jesus; Jesus told him to mind his business (Jn 21).

As Christians in as much as we need to spread the word, our prinicipal focus has to be that we spend eternity with God (Matt 6:33), if we focus on that, everything else follows automatically- our lives will even be a sermon by itself.

I hope you understand, God bless you my brother.
Religion / Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by 2bosun: 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
Matt7: 1-5
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye"

We are not in a position to start labeling people names, relationship with God is a personal thing and you can NEVER know the full extent of the personal relationship people share with their God. We need focus on working out our own individual salvation with fear and with trembling.
Politics / Re: If APC Survives A Year, Dont Call Me Okupe: GEJ Aide Boasts by 2bosun: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2013
If Jonathan can deliver 18 hours of constant electricity per day, he gets my vote any day any time

10 Likes

Investment / Re: Steps To Forming Saving Habit And Financial-Freedom by 2bosun: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2013
Savings is a mentality, no magic can work for everyone. Once your pay your rent and charitable obligations (tithes etc.); the next slice off your salary should be your savings, no compromise.

Not everyone will agree with me, but even when you are in debt, you should save before you finish paying off the debt.

8 Likes

Culture / Re: The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland by 2bosun: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
I LOVE Igbo culture, it's very original!

1 Like

Politics / Nigerians Abroad Sent Back $21billion In 2012 by 2bosun: 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nigerians and other residents in the country received a total of N33.6billion or $21billion last year in remittances from their relatives, friends and business associates, the World Bank has said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/n33-6b-remitted-to-nigeria-in-2012-says-world-bank/

This figure is a conservative estimate IMO and even at that, is somewhere around 10% of GDP; some people then accuse people abroad of doing nothing to move Nigeria forwards. Here's your evidence.
Career / Re: Being A Graduate Is Not Enough! You Need Skills? by 2bosun: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2013
A lot of factors come into play when it comes to getting the job offer. It can have to do with skills acquired while in university through part-time job etc.- sometimes employers just want to see that you can adapt easily to a professional environment; unfortuately most students are not willing to do menial jobs to start with.

The calibre of the university attended can also have a lot to do when it come to getting a job especially in the Western World where there are clear differences in rankings of universities.

Everything boils down to how you package and intergrate all these elements into your life as an individual; I wasn't finished with my degree and got a job offer over someone with about 6 years experience, all I had was a 9-month internship with a multi-national; so I think it comes down to us as individuals. One formula cannot work for everyone- that's too easy.

3 Likes

Romance / Re: If Ladies Were Banks by 2bosun: 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Joblessness of the highest order tongue
Family / Re: 100 Women Who Inspire Us In Our World Today by 2bosun: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Once I saw Kate Henshaw.. I just completely switched off.. undecided

1 Like

Romance / Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by 2bosun: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib: As I mentioned above, in most cases the woman's ring should amount to 3 months worth of salary. I don't see an issue with a man saving up 3 months salary to buy the love of his life a beautiful ring. At the end of the day, these are the moments we will cherish and remember. It's all part of ROMANCE.

Only a dumb man will spend his 3-month salary on an engagement ring in this day and age. Sorry to break it to you love, you're living in a fool's paradise. The Mrs' engagament ring cost a lot but definitely not my 3 month salary; there are things much more important than an engagement ring.

3 Likes

Religion / Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by 2bosun: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hyporcrisy in the highest order

1 Like

Business / Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by 2bosun: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Who cares??
Business / Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by 2bosun: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
Here we go again, this going to turn into another Diapora vs. Nigeria thread.
Politics / Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by 2bosun: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2013
The man is smart.. he is qualified for "any" position in the country. He won't be president but he'll be on north-south ticket. He'll contest as VP I'm guessing undecided
Celebrities / Re: Nse Ikpe-Etim Married Clifford Sule On Valentine's Day! (Photos) by 2bosun: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
I like that.. very simple. No need to go to Paris and all that paparazzi undecided

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: TB Joshua Rescued Hanks Anuku From Alcohol, Drugs And Mental Issues by 2bosun: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Jesus rescued Hank Anuku

28 Likes

Politics / Re: Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment by 2bosun: 10:44am On Feb 14, 2013
The man means well but he's surrounded himself with sharks. Considering the security challenges his administration has faced and how he's dealth with it.. I'll give him 4.5/10
Sports / Why Keshi Resigned- David Mark by 2bosun: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
President of the Senate said that he spoke to Keshi on the phone on Tuesday morning and confirmed that the coach had actually resigned, and cited reasons of interference for his decision.

He said, “I spoke with Stephen Keshi this morning and he confirmed to me that he actually said that he has resigned. He said the reason is because there was too much interference even before the final match on Sunday. There was a lot of pressure on him that he must accept foreign technical adviser and this he is opposed to because he thinks that all that we need is in this country. That there are Nigerians who can work with him and he doesn’t see the gain in bringing foreigners.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nff-pressured-keshi-to-accept-foreign-boss-mark/

Nigerian will never learn until we get rid of our slave mentality and start solving our problems by ourselves. I'm sure they wanted a foreign technical adviser so they can inflate the contract and steal the rest. A sad state of affairs indeed... undecided
Politics / Re: 2015 Elections: How President Jonathan Will Demolish APC!! by 2bosun: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
The most difficult hurdle for Jonathan to climb will be to win the PDP primaries. If gets the ticket, it'll be very difficult to beat PDP.
Politics / Re: Two Policemen Shot Dead In Onitsha This Afternoon by 2bosun: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
Back to reality on ground. cry

No source yet though..
Sports / Re: Adenuga Gives Eagles $1M, Keshi $200,000 by 2bosun: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
O boy Keshi don Hammer big time!

But for real, we don't need to wait until we reach the finals to pay Manager's salary regularly.
Sports / Re: Headlines Of Nigerian Newspapers Tomorrow by 2bosun: 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
TB Joshua predictions comes true- Eagles prevail.

Keshi resigns, considers job as Chelsea coach

1 Like

Sports / Re: What Was Your Favourite 2013 AFCON Moment? by 2bosun: 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
reji2004: My favourite moment was when goal keeper Enyeama out of excitement, nearly carried the referee up grin

Enyeama don craze finish... grin grin grin. But mine was when the dada-haired Burkina man was crying like a baby after the game.

1 Like

Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso.."who Is Your Man Of The Match? by 2bosun: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
Moses.. what a player!
Sports / Re: Pitroipa Cleared To Play In Afcon Final by 2bosun: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Abrantie: [size=16pt]ASSH0LES SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE IN THE FINALS DOESN'T MEAN YOU DESERVE TO BE THERE. YOUR SUPER CHICKENS JUST GOT LUCKY! THIS 2013 AFCON HAS BEEN A BIG JOKE. BOKO NA FASO? NIGERIA? BAD REFS? VILLAGE PITCHES? HAA! I LAUGH IN GA!

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE AT FIFA THINKS NIGERIA IS A POWERHOUSE IN FOOTBALL. RATHER IT'S THE BLACK STARS OR ELEPHANTS OF CIV. YOUR COUNTRY'S POSITION IN FOOTBALL IS HOLLOW, EMPTY AND A MIRAGE! ENJOY YOUR 10 MINUTES OF FAME WHILE IT LASTS DOUCHEBAGS!!
[/size]

Bros why and when did they let you lose from the cage?

Ghana must 4eva go!!!
Sports / Re: Pitroipa Cleared To Play In Afcon Final by 2bosun: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
Den go still chop cane.. ban or no ban grin

3 Likes

Romance / Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by 2bosun: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2013
Dude, God can use that woman to change your life, you better don't miss it. Give her your CV, if you're meant to be together.. it'll happen naturally. Don't try to play God and speculate about the future.
Sports / Re: Moses A Doubt For Sunday's Match - Keshi by 2bosun: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2013
pek: stop sounding like you are from Ghana

Me from Ghana -----Back to Sender

2 Likes

Romance / Re: Ladies Please List Valentine Gifts You Will Love To Receive by 2bosun: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2013
nyere84: Seriously, AN ENGAGEMENT RING wont be a bad gift.

See desperation grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.